PDA

View Full Version : Did Brees really mean this?

BlazingBolt
11-10-2004, 02:44 PM
We step on the field thinking we can beat anybody, quarterback Drew Brees said. Thats the attitude that we need. Its a traumatic difference from last year. Im disappointed the bye week is coming because we have such a good thing going. You just want to keep it rolling.

http://www.chargers.com/news/h...ail.cfm?news_key=1954
(http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=1954
)

Now does he really think it is a "traumatic" difference? Or is it just a dramatic difference?

maybe this guy who wrote the story knows?

By Nick Schenck, Chargers.com
Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Sdboltz619
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
i saw that too thought about it for a second and moved on.

Sdboltz619
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
kinda like kassim osgood and his decreased role when im sure he meant diminished

BlazingBolt
11-10-2004, 04:00 PM
thought it was good for a snicker.....

IgorUnchained
11-10-2004, 04:24 PM
I dont care if Brees speaks in ebonics or chirps like a canary...I like his game this year. Although it is pretty funny!

nickeditor
11-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey, thanks for catching that.

I wrote the story. The Brees quote was actually transcribed from his post-game press conference. I'm sure he said "dramatic" instead of "traumatic." It must've slipped through the cracks because the two words sound so similar.

Nevertheless, traumatic could work in that context. Though it would be a stretch. It's defined as: "An event or situation that causes great distress and disruption."

As far as the Kassim story, "decreased role" may not sound as good as "diminished role," but both are used equally.

Thanks for following the team so closely. If you catch anything else, let us know.

-Nick Schenck

geekster
11-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Thank YOU Nick for keeping us all informed!!! Your transcripts are supurb!

-=dave=-

Chargeroo
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: geekster

-=dave=-
I'll echo that - I read every story and every interview - love them all. Good job Nick! Now tell us how the injured players are doing with rehab? I'm wondering about the guys on IR and the PUP list?

joelbolt
11-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Nicks a good dude...Plus he works his butt off.

maverjoe
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
thanks for the info

nickeditor
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
As far as injuries go, DT Eric Downing is recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery. His status should be updated next week.

Zeke Moreno and the team are still discussing what to do about his injured shoulder. Surgery might be an option, but they haven't decided anything yet.

Justin Peelle has an ankle issue that he's working through.

Otherwise, the team looks good. I think a bye week will help a lot of guys (i.e. LT, CHatman, Dwight, Florence, Dingle etc.) get over some nagging injuries.

In fact, Marty said after today's practice that he saw some cuts that LT made that he hadn't seen in a while. That's a good sign. Also, he said Dingle played extremely well, which bodes well for the d-line.

geekster
11-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Woo Hoo! That is great news except for Zeke. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Sounds like our cannon is going to have plenty of Ammo to carry up to Oakland!

Again, many thanks Nick for all that you do.

GO CHARGERS!!!

jeremyh
11-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: joelbolt
Nicks a good dude...Plus he works his butt off.

You of course realize that anyone working for the Chargers has what most forum users would consider a dream job, not matter how bad it is, right?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

AgentGarcia
11-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by: Sdboltz619
i saw that too thought about it for a second and moved on.

Same feeling here

TrumpetDude
11-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo

Originally posted by: geekster

-=dave=-

I'll echo that - I read every story and every interview - love them all. Good job Nick! Now tell us how the injured players are doing with rehab? I'm wondering about the guys on IR and the PUP list?

What Roo said !!!

Great job Nick ... I also read all the articles. This place only keeps getting better and better. Kudos again. You deserve a COLD one i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Chargeroo
11-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks for coming back in to give us the injury update Nick. Do you know anything about the WR that wowed us in camp, Malcom Floyd? Is he all healed up and ready to go in case of injury to one of the WR's?

HeadTrip
11-10-2004, 11:04 PM
What in gods name is LT doing on the practice field??

Threadkiller
11-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: nickeditor

In fact, Marty said after today's practice that he saw some cuts that LT made that he hadn't seen in a while. That's a good sign.

Why is LT practicing? From a layman's point of view, that strikes me as unecessary and not too smart.

CTCHARGER
11-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: HeadTrip
What in gods name is LT doing on the practice field??

I'll second that thought,come on LT do us all a favor and take a nice long break.you deserve it!!!

RAYRAY37
11-11-2004, 01:04 AM
good job nickeditor on keeping us informed on the chargers.

HeadTrip
11-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Still wanting to know why LT is practicing on the bye week with an injury.

nickeditor
11-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Schottenheimer was referring to the cuts he saw from LT in the game Sunday against the Saints. LT doesn't do anything in practice that would jeopardize his injury.

As far as Malcom Floyd is concerned, he seems healed from his collar bone injury. He looks great in practice. I like his size and his speed is impressive. One thing I notice when I watch him is that one of his strides is equal to two strides for most other players. He also has a great attitude.

maverjoe
11-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks Nick...the inside info is definately appreciated.

HeadTrip
11-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Schottenheimer was referring to the cuts he saw from LT in the game Sunday against the Saints. LT doesn't do anything in practice that would jeopardize his injury.

As far as Malcom Floyd is concerned, he seems healed from his collar bone injury. He looks great in practice. I like his size and his speed is impressive. One thing I notice when I watch him is that one of his strides is equal to two strides for most other players. He also has a great attitude.

Thats good to hear, altho LT played terribly in the game so the extent of his injury might be a bit worse than i had hoped. The way its sounding, Floyd might be yet ANOTHER diamond in the rough by AJ?

IronMountain1960
11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: Threadkiller

In fact, Marty said after today's practice that he saw some cuts that LT made that he hadn't seen in a while. That's a good sign.

Why is LT practicing? From a layman's point of view, that strikes me as unecessary and not too smart.
Thats what I was thinking, but maybe LT is healed now.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I think he does need to work with the O line, he is not using his blockers as good as Chatmen is, and he needs to work on his vision, I know that he has been at 75%, but this year it has looked to me like he misses preseason reps in games, he has not been cutting behind his blocks to the open field like he did last season. I am sure Marty and the coaches have seen the same thing, LT has been running hurt but he need to get reps to get and keep his abilities at their best.

OldManCharger
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Either the writer is an imbicile and does not have grammar checker or an editor, or Brees is not too bright, but be that as it may....we aren't asking Brees to develop a cure for Cancer....as long as he throws 4 or 5 TDs a game I will be happy.....damn it if he throws less feed him to the lions.....Now that he has spoiled us he's in real trouble.....LOL

OMC

EDIT: I don't know who you're referring to here but it actually doesn't matter since the forum rules prohibit this kind of a post. Please read the rules (http://forums.chargers.com/categories.cfm?catid=3&flcache=4344125&entercat=y) and abide by them Thanks for your future cooperation.

nickeditor
11-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I think you meant---imbecile.

SuperMatt
11-11-2004, 01:36 PM

OWN3D!

Haha.

Nice work Nick, thanks for the updates!

WHITELIGHTNING
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM

Game, Match, Set.

Thanks for the inside goods.

BlazingBolt
11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
I guess some people just don't get it, harmless error, I just thought it was amusing. Obviously Brees said dramaitc....

"Nevertheless, traumatic could work in that context. Though it would be a stretch. It's defined as: "An event or situation that causes great distress and disruption." "

All in good fun, I don't think it really works with traumatic though, it actually comes across as funny....

We step on the field thinking we can beat anybody, quarterback Drew Brees said. Thats the attitude that we need. Its a (An event or situation that causes great distress and disruption)
difference from last year. Im disappointed the bye week is coming because we have such a good thing going. You just want to keep it rolling.

I guess it works but implies that winning this year is causing great distress and disruption. I think that sound pretty funny.....winning can be such a pain in butt i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

rxe285
11-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Guys, stop making fun of their ebonics , grammar or spelling maybe their laptops dont have spell- correct either.

futurerezident
11-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Ya know, I have to agree...
Let's quit on the nitpicking...
We are fans...who cares if we mispell from time to time.

I do think it is on that we have such access to people so close to the
Bolts. I really appreciate that.

I am from Ohio and it means all to me.
thanks for everything to the editors web masters, and everyone involved
in this site and the Chargers

mcc2mobile
11-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Mega Dittto's

And Trophy

CHiPPY
11-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I know come on guys we are all human and fans and spelling errors come with writing, personally i think Nick has some awesome storys and his insights, in his storys and this forum are helpful to us die hard charger fans wondering about our players.

spysnipedis
11-17-2004, 12:02 AM
how do you guys think brees has done
(changing the subject)

Boltaction19
11-17-2004, 01:40 PM
I am new here, I was not aware of the boards, are they new?

Ive been going on other boards, but it seems this is the best bet, especially with ppl like Nick, very well done. I live in NYC (via Santa Monica, via OB/Del Mar Mesa)I am one of about maybe ten Charger fans in the city, the insight that Nick has is great for us.

from downtown SD to San Onofre (sp) and across the North County, SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTENING BOLT SAN DIEGO!

p.s. any insight to any Charger bars in NYC?