PDA

View Full Version : Rivers for MVP

iodude122
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Drew wasn't doing the greatest (there were a lot of posts talking about inconsistency) so Rivers gets moved into a place to take over the QB job if necessary and all of a sudden Brees goes on a tear!!! What if Rivers didn't get moved on the roster? Would Brees still have had the amazing turnaround?

chargerchick
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
I feel like I'm in Bizzaro world.. lol

By your reasoning.. Marty should be MVP, since he made the changes to the roster..lol

beltzaz
11-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Rivers should get it for holding out and allowing Brees to remain the starter. If Rivers comes in on time at the start of camp, he would have been the starter and who knows where the Bolts would be now.

Gillis
11-11-2004, 10:50 AM
No Fools, Spanos is the MVP for owning the Chargers, even though he has that Sh*t disco song, and changed to the db unis.

Rip
11-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Brees was doing fine!

He killed the texans, struggled vs teh jets, but at the end he suffered a concussion which had to effect him the next week against the broncos then after he recovered from it, he has been on fire. i dont think Rivers moving up had anything to do with it

parker88fan
11-11-2004, 03:04 PM
im so over brees i dont think he deserves to be mvp.... i think he deserves to be president i mean common now

wilrab
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I think Rivers being brought up very much had an effect on Brees' play. I always felt he had it in him but his own confidence was shaken up over the past few years because of our inconsistant receivers. How many of his interceptions can be attributed to ones that bounced out of receivers hands? The combination of a much improved receiving corp and a rookie lighting a fire under his a$$ has jump started Drew into the QB he was supposed to be. It is just a shame that after four years here it may be his last. I really hope we can find a way to keep him.

Jayree427
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Rivers is probaly the best at taking a knee and handing off. I wish there was a award for that.

maverjoe
11-11-2004, 03:58 PM
I think "Drew's Concussion" should get the MVP...he has been right on ever sinse.

jtzsd43
11-11-2004, 04:29 PM
As much as I would like to say Drew made his ascention w/o any pressure from Phillip, I know when I was playing football, the idea of another person taking my position made me focus and play harder every play.

ziggyp22
11-11-2004, 05:41 PM
all love Rivers in a few years. Rip, are you for real? The Broncoes suffocated Brees, concussion or not. Blitz Brees and hes done. He cracks under pressure. Good protection and he is solid. I question why teams don't blitz him more?

Thunderstruck
11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
River's agent is the Bolts MVP. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rip
11-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: ziggyp22
Rip, are you for real? The Broncoes suffocated Brees, concussion or not. Blitz Brees and hes done. He cracks under pressure. Good protection and he is solid. I question why teams don't blitz him more?

So the fact that he was recovering from a concussion had nothing to do with his play? I mean its not like those linger or anything, he should of just taken an asprin and he would of been 100% right? But nah he sucks cause if Rivers would of had that concussion, he would of been 22-25 for 250 yards and 5 TD's right?

MoveitMister
11-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: Rip

Rip, are you for real? The Broncoes suffocated Brees, concussion or not. Blitz Brees and hes done. He cracks under pressure. Good protection and he is solid. I question why teams don't blitz him more?

So the fact that he was recovering from a concussion had nothing to do with his play? I mean its not like those linger or anything, he should of just taken an asprin and he would of been 100% right? But nah he sucks cause if Rivers would of had that concussion, he would of been 22-25 for 250 yards and 5 TD's right?

Rip,

zippy doesn't think any qb can do anything except for Flutie or Rivers.

spysnipedis
11-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Put people around Brees and you get Cool Brees.(this year)
Put crap around him (last year) you get Draft a QB.

Thunderstruck
11-12-2004, 12:42 AM

Dude...don't wallow in the mud with Ziggy. He's one step above a troll.

Johndbr
11-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck

So the fact that he was recovering from a concussion had nothing to do with his play? I mean its not like those linger or anything, he should of just taken an aspirin and he would of been 100% right? But Naw he sucks cause if Rivers would of had that concussion, he would of been 22-25 for 250 yards and 5 TD's right?
Dude...don't wallow in the mud with Ziggy. He's one step above a troll.

You talking one hell of a baby set there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I vote Rivers should be MVBW {most valuable bench warmer} lol

John B.

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by: chargerchick
I feel like I'm in Bizzaro world.. lol

By your reasoning.. Marty should be MVP, since he made the changes to the roster..lol

That is reasonable logic and would happen in BIZZARO WORLD....LOL

OMC

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by: wilrab
I think Rivers being brought up very much had an effect on Brees' play. I always felt he had it in him but his own confidence was shaken up over the past few years because of our inconsistant receivers. How many of his interceptions can be attributed to ones that bounced out of receivers hands? The combination of a much improved receiving corp and a rookie lighting a fire under his a$$ has jump started Drew into the QB he was supposed to be. It is just a shame that after four years here it may be his last. I really hope we can find a way to keep him.

Most of success is a mental game, Rivers presence in every way has had to had an effect on Bree's perfromance...its a certifable psychological phenomenon, people either FIGHT or FLIGHT....obviously Brees is a survivor and his Parasympathetic nervous system kicked-in and he decided to FIGHT for his job....besides he has a juicy contract to play for too.....it was his year....time and time again players do this and then tank it once they get comfortable again.....I like Brees (sincerely) but he might not look soo great without competition at his heels and with a FAT contract and job security.

I do not want to detract or not give him his props, he has been AWESOME and I really hope he continues his amazing success, enjoy this while it lasts and wish him good luck....just do not let him go to a division rival......PLEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSE

OMC

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by: maverjoe
I think "Drew's Concussion" should get the MVP...he has been right on ever sinse.

Good point, I never thought of that, it knocked the lack of confidence right out of him....perhaps he stopped thinking so much or forgot how much the fans hated him at the beginning and started fresh.....funny comment Maverjoe.

OMC

kingporterblood
11-15-2004, 10:13 PM
The only winning I care about is a team thing you know the SuperBowl, most of the time MVP awards are givin to a player with outlandish stats on a team that made playoffs or almost did, Ilike to see one of our guys win MVP of the SB any of them because truthfully all of them fill a important piece of this puzzle!

OverVolt
11-19-2004, 09:05 AM
all love Rivers in a few years. Rip, are you for real? The Broncoes suffocated Brees, concussion or not. Blitz Brees and hes done. He cracks under pressure. Good protection and he is solid. I question why teams don't blitz him more?

Probably because your clueless...

OverVolt
11-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Drew has always had the one thing that makes up a good NFL QB, mental toughness. With the drafting of RIvers it all came out.

tarballed
11-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: KennyG
Drew has always had the one thing that makes up a good NFL QB, mental toughness. With the drafting of RIvers it all came out.

Hate to say it, but it should have come out before we drafted Rivers, not after. :/

conair103
11-20-2004, 03:15 PM
maybe eli could be mvp, cause hes why philip is here i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

riverhead
11-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by: KennyG

I believe that they (Brees and Rivers) will make each other better. The Chargers benefit.