PDA

View Full Version : 05 Draft Preview - the 11/13 edition...

SanDiegoRon
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM
This is the last weekend for the big games/match-ups before the Championships in December… but there are some good ones: Boston College/W.Virginia, Miami/Virginia, Alabama/LSU, but especially Georgia/Auburn…

Boston College (6-2, 2-1) v West Virginia (8-1, 4-0) 9:00am ABC
If you haven’t seen the Mountaineers, they are dynamic… they have two guys that have dominated the Players of the Week in the Big East: Kay Jay Harris RB, 6-2 245, a 2-time PoW, last week with 4 TD’s – a legit pro back: big, physical, fast with great vision ... and Rasheed Marshall QB, 6-1 190, a 3-time PoW, 3yr starter, a "do it" guy, moves the pocket well on sprints and play-actions... a big-play option in the run game (dare I say M.Vick)… I see by the mocks, I’m not the only guy that likes B.C’s Mathias Kiwanuka DE, 6-7 261, as the top DE in the draft – I’ve been pimpin him as the Bolts first #1 pick for quite some time (and I know your all tired of hearing it) - his playing weight has come up (from 240) without compromising his speed, and last week he got his first INT for TD – just love his upside – he’s very difficult to pass through – very big, long arms, just tooo fast… last time to see him this year in a big game…(I’m sure he’ll draw double teams all day)

Game of the Month: Georgia (8-1, 6-1) v Auburn (9-0, 6-0) 12:30 CBS – East Meets West - make NO mistake, this is the SEC Championship game… if you can’t watch it, tape it… the bragging rights are everything for Georgia, and the stakes are national for Auburn… the last time these two matched off in a game of this importance, it was epic - Georgia faced 4th and 10 at the Auburn 19 with 90 seconds to go and…

All hail the king - David Greene QB, 6-3 230, Heisman, Unitas, and O'Brien Award candidate has become the NCAA's all-time winningest starting QB with 40 victories… (who had the most you ask?? P. Manning)… the Bulldogs running threat, Thomas Brown, 5-8 185, a freshman who went 22-130 and 3 TD’s last week… he must have heard Titanfan24 call him a slacker, but Fred Gibson WR, 6-4 195, rated #4 best receiver in the nation, and All-SEC first team, had a big week: 5-129… but in my review of Geo’s “big games”, Reggie Brown, 6-1 197, a former Parade All-American, has turned into the “go to” guy when it’s “must have” time… on D, my current #1 safety pick, Thomas Davis FS, 6-1 220, a Thorpe and Nagurski candidate, has been named first half Best Defensive Player in the SEC… that’s tough considering David Pollack DE, 6-3 276, a candidate for every defensive award, has been all-world and will likely end up as SEC Player of the Year (maybe he’ll grow 2 inches before the combine)… Kedric Gholston NT, 6-4 295, has also been solid on the inside… weapons on both sides of the ball…

The Tigers Jason Campbell QB, 6-5 223, is 27-9 in 36 starts, brings leadership to a potent offense – he went off for 11-22, 234 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT last week… and was named first half Best Offensive Player of the SEC… Ronnie Brown RB, 6-1 234, and Carnell "Cadillac" Williams RB, 5-11 210, combined for 196 yards and two touchdowns on 32 carries last week – this is the best tandem in America… Marcus McNeil LOT, 6-9 322, named a preseason second-team All-SEC selection (behind Britt, ahead of Munoz & Whitworth), has played very well against Pollack in the past… with all this fire power on offense, the Tigers are second nationally in scoring defense (9.7 ppg)…they’re first nationally in rushing TD’s allowed (1)… Carlos Rogers CB, 6-1 194, is also on the Thorpe list – IMO, he is the top cover corner in the SEC… scoreboard: Rogers has only 15 passes completed against him, all year… now that’s shutdown… There’s great match-ups all over the field in this one… Through 107 games, Auburn has outscored Georgia by just 17 points (1,612-1,595)... In games decided by three points or less, Auburn leads, 7-5-8 ... In games decided by seven points or less, Georgia leads, 21-18-8 ... my guess, more of the same… Georgia 13 ... Auburn 10 ...

The “lesser” Game of the Week – Miami (6-2) v Virginia (7-1) 12:30 pm ABC

BlueandGoldRush
11-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Good stuff, d00d. Thanks.

SanDiegoRon
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
FYI....

Word is...
Georgia FS Thomas Davis, is leaning toward coming out early... he's got a baby boy to feed...

Word is...
Wesley Britt is still wearing a soft cast on his left foot, and may not play Sat... if he does, that'll certainly explain slowness to the edge on the DE, and the lack of planting on drive blocks...

and I forgot... BC v W.Virginia - the best match-up is between all-conference CB Will Blackmon and WR Chris Henry. Henry is the conference’s best receiver and Blackmon might be the best corner.