PDA

View Full Version : Brees a lion next season

rboochard
11-12-2004, 06:24 AM
this is all a dream but i can clearly see that brees will be a free agent. they are paying rivers to much to not give him a chance. the lions have joey harrington starting and he has looked like a third stringer at best for his first 3 years. the only problem is that our owner mr. ford loves joey but hopefuly he gets the hint that he's a flop. i would love to see brees and roy williams as the next big qb wr duo. even if it doesn't happen i'm glad to see brees having fun and playing well. i hope he takes the chargers to the playoffs. also antonio gates is awesome. good luck to you guys in your season

OldManCharger
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by: rboochard
this is all a dream but i can clearly see that brees will be a free agent. they are paying rivers to much to not give him a chance. the lions have joey harrington starting and he has looked like a third stringer at best for his first 3 years. the only problem is that our owner mr. ford loves joey but hopefuly he gets the hint that he's a flop. i would love to see brees and roy williams as the next big qb wr duo. even if it doesn't happen i'm glad to see brees having fun and playing well. i hope he takes the chargers to the playoffs. also antonio gates is awesome. good luck to you guys in your season

All I say is DO NOT LET HIM GO TO A DIVISION RIVAL.....yikes!!!!!!

OMC

brees2gates
11-13-2004, 09:44 AM
well im tired of being sideswiped by the post season transaction talk when we should all be keeping our eye on the prize THIS YEAR which is definitely a playoff birth/championship but thanks for the props and good luck for the rest of the seaon lion fan

OverVolt
11-13-2004, 10:12 AM
I'll bet Denver gets him...he's Shanahan's kind of QB.

Chargeroo
11-13-2004, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't give up on Harrington too soon. He has a good head and a good arm. Many good QB's have taken 2-3 years to catch up with the NFL, and that includes some of the HOF members.

Thunderstruck
11-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo

I wouldn't give up on Harrington too soon. He has a good head and a good arm. Many good QB's have taken 2-3 years to catch up with the NFL, and that includes some of the HOF members.

...and Drew Brees...

Infernus
11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
This is brees 3rd year starting.

Rip
11-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Any lions fan who wants to give up on Harringotn is stupid!

He is gonna be a good QB but he needs players around him. Roy williams is gonna be a star, but after that who is there? No #2-5 WR's, no TE (Stephanie??) and no running game. But i hope this thread helps prove that we need to keep brees.

Not only are other teams salivating to get him, but it also shows how top 5 pick QB's dont do great right away and thatwill included rivers

jtzsd43
11-14-2004, 12:41 AM
All I say is DO NOT LET HIM GO TO A DIVISION RIVAL.....yikes!!!!!!

OMC[/quote]

Agreed.

spysnipedis
11-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by: Rip
Any lions fan who wants to give up on Harringotn is stupid!

He is gonna be a good QB but he needs players around him. Roy williams is gonna be a star, but after that who is there? No #2-5 WR's, no TE (Stephanie??) and no running game. But i hope this thread helps prove that we need to keep brees.

Not only are other teams salivating to get him, but it also shows how top 5 pick QB's dont do great right away and thatwill included rivers

maybe i shouldn't post, you seem to think the way i do.

Rip
11-14-2004, 12:55 AM
save yourself the time, and just quote me and put "^Yeah That^" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

OverVolt
11-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
[quote]

I bet you'll find 95% of the HOF'ers took 2 to 4 years to raise their level of play to "able to carry the passing game"
Harrington will be fine, he's in his second year?...right? You can't judge his long term ability yet. What you do see of him tells you he's going to be a good one.

Chargeroo
11-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Last year Harrington ranked #30 in QBR. Right now he's ranked at #15. He's getting better, hang in there Lions fan.

Batch217
11-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes the lions fans are tearing Harrington apart. You goto that message board and 51% hate him at least...I personally still have hopes but I hope you guys are right about him. He hasn't proven himself a 3rd overall pick yet.

spysnipedis
11-14-2004, 08:11 PM
pretty soon he'll become what we call Brees

rboochard
11-14-2004, 08:46 PM
lol joey has been a bad qb his whole life and always will be. he throws like a girl. he has no leadership and he is giddy and hyper. every year joey lovers say how there are no weapons around him. well today was proof that there is. kevin jones ran well. our defence played very well and our punt returner scored two touchdowns. joey threw about 10 reasonable passes but none of them were where they needed to be. plus he tried to kill williams at the end of the game by leaving him wide open to get rocked by darius. he needs to go. for the love of god i'd take scott mitchel back before i let joey start one game. maybe he needs to be benched just to knock some sense in his head.

kingporterblood
11-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by: brees2gates
well im tired of being sideswiped by the post season transaction talk when we should all be keeping our eye on the prize THIS YEAR which is definitely a playoff birth/championship but thanks for the props and good luck for the rest of the seaon lion fan

I second your motion, it`s all about this year right now can you imagine what Rivers must feel like seeing all these people ready to rid him it sucks. Most teams nead two quality QB`s anyways these days to survive all the way to SB.

BreesLightning
11-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by: Batch217
Yes the lions fans are tearing Harrington apart. You goto that message board and 51% hate him at least...I personally still have hopes but I hope you guys are right about him. He hasn't proven himself a 3rd overall pick yet.

Sounds like this message board at the end of last season and the begining of this one. 90% of the posts were tearing brees apart. During the first few years in the NFL, the game slows down for a QB who has talent. I have heard a lot of QBs say that one day they wake up and the game slows down, they are able to read the defenses, and see plays develop like its in slow motion. If we do trade Drew after francising him to the Lions i will be glad to take Harrington as part of the deal. Like someone said earlier, a QB needs talent around him. Det has a lot of holes on offense and Harrington can only do so much.

OldManCharger
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
was this message board in existence last season, I thought it started in September of 2004......what is this about knocking someone last season....how would that be possible on a message board that did not exist....if I am wrong I apologize, but to my understanding this forum is new this season.

OMC

Rip
11-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by: OldManCharger
was this message board in existence last season, I thought it started in September of 2004......what is this about knocking someone last season....how would that be possible on a message board that did not exist....if I am wrong I apologize, but to my understanding this forum is new this season.

OMC

I think they were referring rto the union tribune board

OverVolt
11-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by: Rip

Originally posted by: OldManCharger

OMC

I think they were referring rto the union tribune board

Yeah, it's gotta be the Union board, that's been around in it's present form for a couple years, then in a more primitive form long before that.

OldManCharger
11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks Guys, I was confused....as I was almost 100% certain this forum was new....if it was in the Tribune Board, then I understand.

OMC

rboochard
11-19-2004, 06:21 AM
i hope next season joey plays like brees this season. that would be a step in the right direction. hopefully a healthy charles rogers will help