PDA

View Full Version : OU v. USC

oklahomasooners
11-12-2004, 08:51 PM
We all know that OU will most likely play USC because Auburn will loose this weekend to Georgia and they are too far back in the BCS standing. Everyone says that OU will get blown out by USC in the Orange Bowl. I think it will be a closer game than everyone thinks. USC might blow out most of their opponents, but who have they played that is good besides mediocre CAL? Watch the game if you want to see a great football game.Go sooners!

SanDiegoRon
11-12-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm surprised you say "Everyone says that OU will get blown out by USC..." - I fully expect OU to win... tougher schedule, better conference, better team.... SC has had to come from behind, what 4 times... not exactly blowing people out... they haven't had to stop a great running attack all year either - the Pac 10's a passing conference... SC has one advantage though - Norm Chow...

oklahomasooners
11-14-2004, 09:17 PM
YES OU is still ranked higher than Auburn

isaic16
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Ron, I believe he was referring to many of the ESPN and other experts who are completely infatuated with USC. For some reason, every analyst I've listened to swoons whenever they talk about USC. I'm a Virginia Tech student, and I watched the game they played against us. Like half the games this season, they deserved to lose it. I gag every time the analysts unconditionally hand #1 to USC. I don't know if OU or Auburn will meet them in the Championship, but I bet it'll be a blowout -- USC getting blown out.

oklahomasooners
11-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: isaic16
Ron, I believe he was referring to many of the ESPN and other experts who are completely infatuated with USC. For some reason, every analyst I've listened to swoons whenever they talk about USC. I'm a Virginia Tech student, and I watched the game they played against us. Like half the games this season, they deserved to lose it. I gag every time the analysts unconditionally hand #1 to USC. I don't know if OU or Auburn will meet them in the Championship, but I bet it'll be a blowout -- USC getting blown out.

true that, PAC 10 is weak

HireBradChildres
11-15-2004, 02:15 PM
USC is a great team, unfortunately they do what great teams shouldn't: play down to their opponets. When Auburn plays USC, I fully expect Leinart to have his coming out party and prove why he'll be the number 1 pick in the draft to the Dolphins

SanDiegoRon
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by: HireBradChildres
USC is a great team, unfortunately they do what great teams shouldn't: play down to their opponets. When Auburn plays USC, I fully expect Leinart to have his coming out party and prove why he'll be the number 1 pick in the draft to the Dolphins

Leinart has already come out in the press and said he's staying in school (which, of course, could change), and would not enter the draft this year... SC will be better next year because of it...

HireBradChildres
11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
So did Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Williams....I rest my case

oklahomasooners
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Whoah Whoah Whoah Whoah, wait just a minute. Did you just say Auburn vs. USC? You got it all wrong. OU will be playing in the Orange Bowl whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not sure who they will play though.

HireBradChildres
11-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Auburn is 10x the team Oklahoma is

oklahomasooners
11-17-2004, 02:50 PM
BS, first of all, ou should be # 1. 2nd of all, Auburn could beat USC because Auburn is undefeated in the SEC. OU could also beat USC because they are undefeated in the BIG 12. USC is undefeated in the PAC 10, one of the weakest conferences in college football. USC might blow everyone out because they haven't played anybody. THEY ARE WEAK.

HireBradChildres
11-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by: oklahomasooners
BS, first of all, ou should be # 1. 2nd of all, Auburn could beat USC because Auburn is undefeated in the SEC. OU could also beat USC because they are undefeated in the BIG 12. USC is undefeated in the PAC 10, one of the weakest conferences in college football. USC might blow everyone out because they haven't played anybody. THEY ARE WEAK.

We'll see man, we'll see. I do think it'll be USC vs. OU Orange Bowl. Auburn is gonna get shafted...again

SanDiegoRon
11-18-2004, 02:29 PM
personally, I'd prefer to see the two best teams in the two best conferences play - Auburn/Oklahoma

talk about a draft preview...

I've got to get my Bruins to BEAT SC !!!

HireBradChildres
11-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Well let's see, the number 1 and the number 4 teams are from the Pac 10. The Big 12 has 2 and 5. SEC has 3 and 10....I fail to see how they're (Big 12 and SEC) the best conferences right now

oklahomasooners
11-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Well let's see, the number 1 and the number 4 teams are from the Pac 10. The Big 12 has 2 and 5. SEC has 3 and 10....I fail to see how they're (Big 12 and SEC) the best conferences right now

The PAC 10 has 2, maybe 3 teams ranked. The BIG 12 south, which has 6 teams, 5 of them are ranked.

wikimama
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Auburn wil play Southern Cal in Miami. Things will fall into place.

oklahomasooners
11-18-2004, 06:17 PM
no they aint. how will auburn get pass ou in the bcs polls? we got threw our tough part of the schedule. iowa state is our hardest remaining opponent (i'm guesting they'll win the BIG 12 north)

HireBradChildres
11-18-2004, 06:22 PM
no they aint. how will auburn get pass ou in the bcs polls? we got threw our tough part of the schedule. iowa state is our hardest remaining opponent (i'm guesting they'll win the BIG 12 north)

Not much on the spelling there are you? Maybe Bill Callahan was right....

aren't not aint
past not pass
through not threw

oklahomasooners
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM

aren't not aint
past not pass
through not threw

what does that mean

xnet
12-03-2004, 11:23 AM

The thing about USC is that they improve exponentially throughout a game. I'm a little worried about this Weekend though-- We've been on glide for the last few games, but believe me... Should the Orange Bowl pan out to be USC vs OU, the east coast will be educated in what a real football team can do. OU doesn't stand a chance. i/expressions/beer.gif

TemeculaMike
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
... USC might blow out most of their opponents, but who have they played that is good besides mediocre CAL? Watch the game if you want to see a great football game.Go sooners!

Mediocre?

Cal's QB has a higher rank (164) than both J.White (162.3) and M.Leinart (157.5);
Cal's running back (JJ.Arrington) has a better average (6.8) and more TD's, than A.Peterson (5.8) 12;
Cal has played the 13th most difficult schedule, vs. Oklahoma's 23rd Ranked schedule according to the
Sagarin Rankings (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm)

The PAC 10 is ranked as the toughest conference (Sagarin - Conf. Rankings (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc04.htm))

Cal's offense (ranked 5) gets 489.6 yards per game vs. Oklahoma's (ranked 8) which gets 467.
Cal's defense (ranked 11) allows fewer yards per game (292.7) than Oklahomas (301.45), which is ranked 15.

In a nutshell, Cal has a better QB, better running back, plays a more difficult schedule, has a higher ranked offense and defense than Oklahoma and you think they are mediocre?

While I believe USC will be the national champion, Cal is an elite team and might just be the number 3 team in the nation - Oklahoma is a legitimate 2. Regardless, Cal is not mediocre.

BTW - I am a USC homer and hate Cal.

oklahomasooners
12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
toughest conference? ppppppppppphahahahahahahahahahaha!
this isn't the joke section.

oklahomasooners
12-04-2004, 08:14 PM
YES! 35-0 OU! Orange Bowl, here we come! We're taking over Miami!

MrJiggyfly
12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
I want some of what you guys are smoking. The Pac 10 is average, but the Big 12 is HORRIBLE. OU and Texas are the only teams worth anything in the Big 12 (and that's not saying much). Cal is better than both. If USC plays OU, USC wins, and wins big. The team I feel sorry for is Auburn. They play in (BY FAR) the toughest conference. They also had a super tough schedule. OU should be out, Auburn in. I still think USC would win, but at least it would be close.

oklahomasooners
12-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Rookie, check your stuff. OU, TX, OSU, TXAM, TXTECH are all from BIG 12 and going to Bowl Games. PAC 10 sucks.

MrJiggyfly
12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Wyoming, Boston College, and Georgia Tech are going to Bowls too. So what? They still suck. I think Utah should play OU (Utah would win), and USC should play Auburn. Hell, Boise State could beat Texas, if it was on the blue turf.

BTW, my sister went to A+M, and I root for them. But they're not very good this year.

oklahomasooners
12-05-2004, 12:33 PM
USC won't hang with OU. Adrian Peterson will run all over them. Jason White will pass all over them. Ou's Defense will dominate the game.

MrJiggyfly
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
OS,
If they do, then it will prove they are national champs this year, AND that they deserved it last year. I wish we could go to a playoff system so we could decide this once and for all. I"m a Fresno State fan, I hope they play a good game in Boise. Sry I was abrasive. Good luck to your team.

oklahomasooners
12-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Well, I can agree with you. We need a playoff system.

ftwbolt
12-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: MrJiggyfly
I want some of what you guys are smoking. The Pac 10 is average, but the Big 12 is HORRIBLE. OU and Texas are the only teams worth anything in the Big 12 (and that's not saying much). Cal is better than both. If USC plays OU, USC wins, and wins big. The team I feel sorry for is Auburn. They play in (BY FAR) the toughest conference. They also had a super tough schedule. OU should be out, Auburn in. I still think USC would win, but at least it would be close.

Originally posted byi/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifklahomasooners

Rookie, check your stuff. OU, TX, OSU, TXAM, TXTECH are all from BIG 12 and going to Bowl Games. PAC 10 sucks.

Originally posted by: MrJiggyfly
Wyoming, Boston College, and Georgia Tech are going to Bowls too. So what? They still suck. I think Utah should play OU (Utah would win), and USC should play Auburn. Hell, Boise State could beat Texas, if it was on the blue turf.

BTW, my sister went to A+M, and I root for them. But they're not very good this year.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the very reason why College Football needs a playoff system of some kind.
Because the bickering will continue from here to eternity.

Cal Bears got screwed plain and simply, they win a game on the road and lose there spot in the BcS just because the whiney orange horns cried that they were not getting any Love.
Auburn is also getting the shaft.

Let them settle it on the field.

get ready Pasadena the cry baby horns are coming

alvinleephd
03-16-2005, 04:24 PM

aren't not aint
past not pass
through not threw

what does that mean

the epitome of a dumb redneck..

alvinleephd
03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
USC won't hang with OU. Adrian Peterson will run all over them. Jason White will pass all over them. Ou's Defense will dominate the game.

HA

HA

HA..

OU is WAY overrated, as is the entire BIG 12.

Don't call the PAC 10 weak just because Cal lost in the Holiday Bowl..

If anything, Cal's weakness was pass defense. Their secondary hadn't been truly tested and Tech is a team with a wide out pass attack. I think if Cal simply ran the ball more, they would have won the game. Tech had no chance of stopping Arrington, it was evident in the game.

OU got raped, PERIOD. Peterson was held to only 82 yards (don't know the exact number), and USC defense dominated you guys. Your secondary was owned by Leinart and USC's talented group of receivers.

Yeah, Texas won the Rose Bowl, against a young team that had lost two games in a BIG 10 conference that wasn't very strong. The team was also very one dimensional, depending on running the ball all season long. Michigan was VERY close to defeating Texas.

The BIG 12 is overrated, and overhyped.

Sorry OU fan, but that's how things are.