PDA

View Full Version : How many QB's do you know...

OverVolt
11-13-2004, 01:01 AM
That had bad first and/ or second years, and never had the mentality to pull out of it?
The NFL is littered with them. (most Heisman winners?)
Many have started four or five years, then disappeared or went into backup roles.(Rutledge, Mier to start with)
Some have started many years, and still throw out 4 or 5 stinkers a year. (Vinny)
Brees's mental makeup will make him a winner for many years. He's one of the QB's that will (has?) beat the young QB blues.
If he is let go at the end of the season, I think Denver will get him. This is Shanahan's kind of QB.

CTCHARGER
11-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Hopefully if that does happen and he is no longer a charger next year we could franchise him and send him out of our division with a trade for some more picks.Would hate for him to come back and haunt us twice a year.

OverVolt
11-13-2004, 01:36 AM
I would think it'll be 100% sure we franchise him, he will be worth alot. If he were to make the ProBowl and the playoffs...what is that worth???
What if Denver offers a 1st, 2ed, plus a starter...what if they offer a 1st both this and next year?
If Denver gives us the most for him, and Rivers is as good as he's supposed to be, would it matter if he went within the division?

CTCHARGER
11-13-2004, 03:15 AM
KennyG you make a valid point I guess if the price was right it would'nt matter,but I just hate the thought of giving the donkeys anything good, but maybe a good kick in the a$$

chargertom
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Hopefully the Chargers will trade Flutie and Lemon, keep Drew at the helm with a fat new contract and keep Rivers as his back-up. That's how it'd work in a perfect world, anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

jsdfan
11-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: KennyG
I would think it'll be 100% sure we franchise him, he will be worth alot. If he were to make the ProBowl and the playoffs...what is that worth???

What if Denver offers a 1st, 2ed, plus a starter...what if they offer a 1st both this and next year?

If Denver gives us the most for him, and Rivers is as good as he's supposed to be, would it matter if he went within the division?

Denver hasPlummer already.

I think the Denver rumor was floated to be a distraction...to get into the Bolt's and Brees' head. Don't underestimate Shanahan and his Shenanigans. Remember, they were the ones that game-planned to let Brees beat them. Unfortunately, our offense wasn't geared properly to do it back then. It wasn't until the 4th game of the season that we started to implement an effective dink-and-dunk...the most lethal offense in the NFL. I hope LT getting healthy is not a distraction for us to go back to the more conservative, less-powered offensive ways. I would rather see LT regularly setting up in the slot, with Jesse as the lone back in the 4 receiver set, or with the empty backfield in the 5 receiver set.

guimcharger
11-13-2004, 10:57 PM
I heard Shanahan might go to the Dolphins so Brees may be a Dolphin next year.

OverVolt
11-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Shanahan isn't going anywhere, Denver is his team.
I never thought of it as "Shananagan's"...until now. That's a good point.
The way to drive that point home is for Brees and his offense to beat them, Shanahan will really want him then.

kingporterblood
11-14-2004, 02:50 AM
That had bad first and/ or second years, and never had the mentality to pull out of it?

Many have started four or five years, then disappeared or went into backup roles.(Rutledge, Mier to start with)

Some have started many years, and still throw out 4 or 5 stinkers a year. (Vinny)

Brees's mental makeup will make him a winner for many years. He's one of the QB's that will (has?) beat the young QB blues.

If he is let go at the end of the season, I think Denver will get him. This is Shanahan's kind of QB.

I like Brees to our QB, but anybody that doesn`t where the Charger colors at any year I dont care where they go all I care about is the Chargers winning no matter what!

Chargeroo
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by: jsdfan
Denver hasPlummer already.

I think the Denver rumor was floated to be a distraction...to get into the Bolt's and Brees' head. Don't underestimate Shanahan and his Shenanigans. Remember, they were the ones that game-planned to let Brees beat them. Unfortunately, our offense wasn't geared properly to do it back then. It wasn't until the 4th game of the season that we started to implement an effective dink-and-dunk...the most lethal offense in the NFL. I hope LT getting healthy is not a distraction for us to go back to the more conservative, less-powered offensive ways. I would rather see LT regularly setting up in the slot, with Jesse as the lone back in the 4 receiver set, or with the empty backfield in the 5 receiver set.[/quote]

I have a couple of comments about this post. First, I don't think this is a "dink-and-dunk " offense that we've been running. Brees is averaging about the same yds. per pass as Farve - Brees = 7.66, Farve = 7.48. When you consider that those stats include those first three games, I think it's fairly impressive.

You mentioned you " hope LT getting healthy is not a distraction for us to go back to the more conservative". I've expressed that same concern. Is the play calling going to go back to run, run, pass once LT is healthy? I sure hope not. Mixing it up is the right way to run an offense.

mgpretzel
11-14-2004, 05:22 PM

They really like Jake up in Denver. I dont think Drew will go there.