PDA

View Full Version : New York media screaming for She-Li

Thunderstruck
11-15-2004, 10:07 AM
NY Post Article (http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/20552.htm)

Does this guy really think that Eli is going to "strike fear" into opposing defenses? Does he really think that if KW can't make plays because of crappy o-line play, that Eli is going to be any more successful???

You know, any time a player like Big Ben comes along and performs way over his head as a rookie, people all over the country start assuming that any rookie can do it. It's funny to watch.

All I can say is I agree with this guy wholeheartedly. It's time to start the era of SHE-LI!!!!! That draft-pick is starting to look better and better and better... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BreesLightning
11-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I hope She-li is a bigger bust then Leaf was. I wonder if he is watching the charger games.

getfresh
11-15-2004, 11:07 AM
There is even more hope that ELI will flop, from http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ELI ALOOF?

A league source tells us that Giants quarterback of the impending future Eli Manning isn't spending enough time interacting with his teammates, and it's causing some concern as to whether he'll be in position to lead the team whenever the reins are passed to him.

On paper, whether and to what extent a quarterback spends time rubbing elbows with the other players shouldn't be an issue. As a practical matter, however, whether the other guys feel a connection with the signal-caller goes a long way toward determining whether the players will rally around him between the white lines.

Then again, maybe Eli's plan is to keep his teammates at arm's length so that he'll have less friendships to damage when he tries to hijack the team in a few years for a cap-busting contract like the one big brother Peyton commanded earlier this year.

Just leave me alone, allright? Don't talk to me!!! - Ryan Leaf

daboltz
11-15-2004, 11:33 AM
anyone know where I can get an ELI SUCKS t-shirt? I'll be in NYC in two weeks and want to wear it around the city.

brees2gates
11-15-2004, 11:49 AM
good point thunder, i got a friend whose a giants fan saying to put eli in, i responded why so he can get his spine readjusted like he did vs the eagle again. no pass protection whatsoever. horrible situation for that team, i do hope they do send she-li to his ultimate demise this year.

xmykecalx
11-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Look at their schedule for the next 5 weeks...tough. Good time to throw that punk into the fire.

Sunday, 11/21 4:15 PM ET FOX FALCONS
Sunday, 11/28 1:00 PM ET FOX EAGLES
Sunday, 12/5 4:15 PM ET FOX at Redskins
Sunday, 12/12 1:00 PM ET FOX at Ravens
Saturday, 12/18 1:30 PM ET CBS STEELERS

Rip
11-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Acording to ESPN he is starting next week

BreesLightning
11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
If he starts the rest of the season maybe AJ will trade Rivers to NY for She-Li and 4 draft choices i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

yodafro
11-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Can't wait till we face them next season.

BreesLightning
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Anyone know of an active giants message board, i want to be the first to call Shi-Li a bust

ftwbolt
11-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Rip
Acording to ESPN he is starting next week

LET THE BEATINGS BEGIN

With Giants sinking, Coughlin makes change

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1923424

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Eli Manning has replaced Kurt Warner as the New York Giants' starting quarterback.

Coach Tom Coughlin made the move Monday after Warner and the offense struggled for the second consecutive week in a 17-14 loss to the Cardinals in Arizona. The Giants (5-4) have lost three of the last four games after a 4-1 start.

Manning, the top pick in this year's draft and the brother of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, will face the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at Giants Stadium.

"He is the future of the New York Giants, it just starts now," Coughlin said of Manning, who lost a close training camp competition with Warner for the starting job. "I really felt the last four games we haven't been playing well offensively. We just need to make a change."

Coughlin told both players on Monday.

"Kurt is a competitor, a fighter," Coughlin said. ``He is not happy, but he is a class guy."

Manning obviously was thrilled.

"He is excited about the opportunity to compete and lead," Coughlin said.

BlueandGoldRush
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
The Falcons had 7 sacks yesterday against Tampa Bay, and the Bucs have a much better o-line then the Giants.

The Falcons and Eagles, She-li's next two opponents, each have 27 sacks this year, just one shy of the league leading Steelers and Ravens.

We are going to see She-li get JACKED UP so many times in the next two weeks.

maverjoe
11-15-2004, 01:40 PM
its official now....GO falcons....give me a new aqvatar to put up!

Dan40
11-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by: xmykecalx
Look at their schedule for the next 5 weeks...tough. Good time to throw that punk into the fire.

Sunday, 11/21 4:15 PM ET FOX FALCONS

Sunday, 11/28 1:00 PM ET FOX EAGLES

Sunday, 12/5 4:15 PM ET FOX at Redskins

Sunday, 12/12 1:00 PM ET FOX at Ravens

Saturday, 12/18 1:30 PM ET CBS STEELERS

5-9

IronMountain1960
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Watching the Giant games is going to be fun, rooting for Sheli to get her hair all messed up. i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

boltzman3
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
if theres a god.we'll get to see several bone shattering smacks . on sheli...i wanna see him carted off the field...i want him to take a beating all. season long.watching him throw interception after interception.will be a dream come true for this fan. when it happens i want to see archies face.lol.revenge is sweet.the punk needs some to learn respect.,..next year igor m will serve it up hard and often.....

kingporterblood
11-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Man who cares if he is good or bad he still ain`t sh%$ to the San Diegans no matter what. He is just a spoiled punk and I can`t wait to someone on the Bolts gets ahold of him and pumps a grip of fear into his heart for acting like we were not good enough for him to be around, I wouldn`t give a d@^ if he won every game he played except for the Bolts.

HeadTrip
11-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Giants have officially thrown in the towel i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. We should be looking at a top 10 pick next year from the gnats!

yodafro
11-16-2004, 08:04 AM
It was this line that Eli Manning was afraid to play behind. Ironically, the Giants are worst in the league having allowed 40 sacks on the year in the same nine game span

Thunderstruck
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: yodafro
It was this line that Eli Manning was afraid to play behind. Ironically, the Giants are worst in the league having allowed 40 sacks on the year in the same nine game span

But according to the genius who wrote the article, that won't be a problem with Eli because he won't hold onto the ball as long.

You know he's probably right. Instead of taking the sack, Eli will probably just go ahead and throw it to the other team.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

guimcharger
11-20-2004, 10:45 PM
They won't be praiseing she-li after he loses every game the rest of the season.