PDA

View Full Version : What they have to say in Colt Land

Sdboltz619
11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
The Colts point of view (http://forum.colts.com/viewtopic.php?t=1728)

mgpretzel
11-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Taht guy saying James is gonna get 127yds rushing is smokin somethin. He will be lucky to get 50 on our D. we will win.

HeadTrip
11-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by: mgpretzel
Taht guy saying James is gonna get 127yds rushing is smokin somethin. He will be lucky to get 50 on our D. we will win.

It will be interesting. The D will be geared tword the pass much more than the run, so edge might wiggle through for some decent yardage.

One thing is for sure, this game is gonna be 60+ points combined. Hopefully it will be on because it will be a fun one to watch i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

bigcarson50
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
I actually went to the game yesterday, and we will have our hands full. Their recievers block very well downfield, which turned shorter gains into very long ones. Their defense looked improved, but I think part of that was the Texans just playing very poorly on O. The thing that scares me the most is that the place is LOUD. Loudest stadium I have been in except for the Q after the Chargers beet the Steeler's to go to the SB. It was even louder than the Padres World Series game I went to in '98. Plus they know when to cheer (opponent's on offense), and when to be quiet (Colt's on offense). I wish we could learn that. They even did the wave (but only when Houston was on offense). This game scares me the most out of the rest. I think we match up worst against them than any team in the AFC including the almighty Patriots, not that they are better, just that the match ups don't favor us. Here's for winning 4 more in a row so we are 10-3 when we play them, and not be in a must win situation

Dan40
11-15-2004, 08:49 PM
This will be a good, tough game. CBS better bring their A-list analysts.

Gadzooks
11-15-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm surprised Indy's D ids so poor considering they have Dungy as the HC. You would think the focus would be more on D.i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

kingporterblood
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
One thing about Peyton Manning is he has all the tools of a great QB, except 1 and that is in big games he has this big choking problem even at Uni. of Tenn. He always did very good or better but he could not win the big one, and it was ironic that the following year he left Tenn. they won the National Championship. With Tee Martin and Jamaal Lewis. So it is a growing Monkey on his back and probably a nightmare to boot!

Hamburglar
11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
peyton is all like i went to jack in the box!!! and im like noooooooooooooooo you were supposed to go to mcdonalds and i start dancing i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

spysnipedis
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by: Hamburglar
peyton is all like i went to jack in the box!!! and im like noooooooooooooooo you were supposed to go to mcdonalds and i start dancing

LOL

mgpretzel
11-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: Hamburglar
peyton is all like i went to jack in the box!!! and im like noooooooooooooooo you were supposed to go to mcdonalds and i start dancing

What the heck is up with you and McDonalds. Every post has something to do with McDonalds i.e. lets go get happy meals. I am just wondering WHY?

Hamburglar
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
hey my name is the hamburglar what do you expect i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif at least i put some football in my posts

spysnipedis
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
but it could have been Burger king or something.

Thunderhead
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
So then, are the Colts the biggest chingons on our schdule? Because if they are, and we beat the Broncos and the raiders and the Chiefs (split) wouldn't that bring them down a few notches,
or are they so way up the ladder that they are not a beatable team?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

godofthunder
11-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Couldn't you at least be the old school hamburglar?At least he looked like he could actually burgle some hams.

boltzman3
11-16-2004, 07:40 AM
the key to this game is clock contorl.ya can't score. if you don't have the ball.the coltz are a great team , but not unbeastable.i/e patriots.eagles

Sdboltz619
11-16-2004, 09:14 AM
lets not sell ourselves short here. Ya they have the advantage being at home. But we have the better team here. Our offenses can both put up some points. But peyton throws alotof tight throws i think with some tips and good coverage we can create some int's. The fact htat he has thrown 9 td's in a row to receivers other than harrison is scary. But Drew Brees has hit a bunch of receivers as well and edgerin james is no LT. Our Defense is Much Much Much better than theirs. Special teams they have on e of the best kickers in the league in vanderjagt. But Kaeding has proved he is more than competent. We rule in the punting game (if we have to punt) and tim dwight and erik parker are the best return combo in the league.

brees2gates
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM
yeah we beat indy, but hopefully not in a shootout.

control the clock put up points slowly, take thier running game out of the game early..(sound familiar)

thats the key to beat em and im sure thats what well do

minion
11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by: brees2gates
take thier running game out of the game early..(sound familiar)

if we worry too much about the run they will just throw right over us.

we have the 2nd best Run D in the league we shouldn't have to worry about the run i think we should concentrate on the pass

ntman68
11-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by: Sdboltz619
lets not sell ourselves short here. Ya they have the advantage being at home. But we have the better team here. Our offenses can both put up some points. But peyton throws alotof tight throws i think with some tips and good coverage we can create some int's. The fact htat he has thrown 9 td's in a row to receivers other than harrison is scary. But Drew Brees has hit a bunch of receivers as well and edgerin james is no LT. Our Defense is Much Much Much better than theirs. Special teams they have on e of the best kickers in the league in vanderjagt. But Kaeding has proved he is more than competent. We rule in the punting game (if we have to punt) and tim dwight and erik parker are the best return combo in the league.
Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, SD, I fear you are not giving Indy enough credit. Their offense can be amazing, and Peyton is the hottest QB in the league. I doubt their defense can stop us, but I think we will have an even tougher time stopping them. I think we can win, but we will need to play our best game of the year.

mcc2mobile
11-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Or a burger Queen!- Those were silly franchises in the south.

diego4life
11-16-2004, 07:31 PM
It is obvious that Indy has a strong offense but thier defense may be thier downfall. Look at all Peyton did at K.C. and they still lost. If our D can come up with a couple of turnovers and some key stops then we can do our thing. That is play smart and and keep the other team on it's toes. It will be a tough but entertaining game. Hopefully we can pull it out and gain some much needed respect. Either way we have to play them tough and not get rolled over. Go Bolts!!!

PhillyFan
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
The CHARGERS will win in Indy. They are visibly more balanced than the Colts. Antonio will have a good day 2-3 TD's, and the D will cause a few turnovers(one for a TD).

CHARGERS 35
COLTS 28

LTisbetter
11-17-2004, 09:34 AM
[quote]
[i] Loudest stadium I have been in except for the Q after the Chargers beet the Steeler's to go to the SB.

The Chargers were on the road against the Steelers...you might be referring to the loudest it ever got in the Q...in 95 against the Dolphins when we won 22-21...best game EVER!

guimcharger
11-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Colts fans are going to eat crow. They are a overrated team and so is Manning. I hope Hart breaks his leg.