PDA

View Full Version : What is Schottenheimers` immediate need to improve?

kingporterblood
11-15-2004, 11:10 PM
You know as long as I can remember when I first became a Bolt fan, (Hadle,Garret,Speedy Duncan,Alworth) days I just cannot remember if we The Chargers have ever had two shut down cornerbacks at the sametime or era. with all this talk surfacing about draft picks I really hope we really look into this deeply also a hard hitting(Ronnie Lott, Rodney Harrison) type strong safety! How do you feel about this situation of improvement?

spysnipedis
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
i think it's fine, the defense will improve, they are young

Jesu666
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
You can't have two shutdown corners. A shutdown corner keeps the opposing team from throwing at him. They're gonna throw somewhere, so only one of the corners on a team can really be the shutdown corner. You can't shutdown both sides of the field.

kingporterblood
11-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by: Jesu666
You can't have two shutdown corners. A shutdown corner keeps the opposing team from throwing at him. They're gonna throw somewhere, so only one of the corners on a team can really be the shutdown corner. You can't shutdown both sides of the field.

Has anyone ever told you never use the word (cant) when it has something to do with success, you can have two shutdown corners it will just make it tough to throw thats all.#1wright-dixon-Browns #2woodson-lake-pitt #3hayse-tatum-atkinson-brown-faiders#4 duerson-thomas-bears The list goes on so never say cant because we can, with our run defence just think shutting down the pass to a minimal number!

Dan40
11-15-2004, 11:57 PM
WR, depth on the OL , DL and DB.

boltzman3
11-16-2004, 07:55 AM
we have young guys on the ir.and practice squad....i think a solid back-up at tackle and guard, are free agent pick ups. as far as drafting wr.mike williams....next a stud nose tackle to back up willaims..we're going to need one soon. either by injury or retirement. lest not get caught sleeping on this one.maybe trade down for 2 second rounders or a second and a player to chosen later.i.e....a tackle guard back up.ball i like. bingham got hurt early on.not a good sign,is he our future nose ..if the hc's think so then..a trade down is best .just my opinion on , our needs in the draft are...it's realy hard to say now, every hole we were suposed to have, in my opinion have been filed

Johndbr
11-16-2004, 09:13 AM
He needs to develop a effective pass rush without compromising the run stuffing. I do not really care how he does it, but that right now is the most noticeable need.

John B.

ntman68
11-16-2004, 10:29 AM
A pass rusher, without a doubt.

DiehardCharger85
11-16-2004, 10:33 AM
people come on wake up! ill tell you exactly what we need....
1st pick- pray that mr. mike williams is there and snag him
2nd pick- we draft a mlb we need one at this point sure godfrey and edwards are doin great this year but they are also gettin up there in age.... we have extreme depth at olb so i think we should start to groom a good mlb at this point

kingporterblood
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by: DiehardCharger85
people come on wake up! ill tell you exactly what we need....

1st pick- pray that mr. mike williams is there and snag him

2nd pick- we draft a mlb we need one at this point sure godfrey and edwards are doin great this year but they are also gettin up there in age.... we have extreme depth at olb so i think we should start to groom a good mlb at this point

Well there is saying if its not broke dont try to fix it, I agree with the pick of the best athlete available if it happes to be M.Williams but our passing game is shining as wellas our run defence I still think we should improve in pass defence.

BrainLover
11-19-2004, 08:13 PM
What Marty needs to improve? a new doo, new glasses, and maybe some caps.

HeadTrip
11-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: BrainLover
What Marty needs to improve? a new doo, new glasses, and maybe some caps.

Hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

We need a # receiver because KM is good, but he is aging. He will remain good for a year or 2, and would be an excellent teacher for any WR that we happen to get. Since the Giants look like they have given up on their season, we will prolly get an 8-10 picj from them, which just might be Mike Williams territory.

After that, the best pass rushing end left, and then a good Athletic MLB for Donnie and Godfrey to teach.

FatherLaSchmoove
11-19-2004, 08:37 PM
We need a good pass rushing lineman and a hard hitting strong safety. Or a future premier wide receiver like Braylon Edwards (though he'll probably be gone when we draft) would be good.

geekster
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by: FatherLaSchmoove
We need a good pass rushing lineman and a hard hitting strong safety. Or a future premier wide receiver like Braylon Edwards (though he'll probably be gone when we draft) would be good.

Oh, I don't know if too many folks will be gone when we use the draft pick we got along with two others *and* PR all for Sheli - and now that Sheli is starting, every member of the Falcons' defense has to be salivating while waiting for the whooping to begin. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I can sum up their defensive game plan with one word - BLITZ! i/expressions/devil.gif

HeadTrip
11-19-2004, 08:49 PM
We will have to see how sheli plays, but if he plays like a rookie behind that crappy oline like he should, they very well might not win another game. They still will have more wins than the 49ers or MIA tho... so it would be around 3-6 pick in best-case-senerio.

HeadTrip
11-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Hehe i forgot the raiduds.... they will be crappier too i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. The good part is, MIA, OAK, ARI wont draft a WR. the 9ers might, but I highly doubt it, they have a pretty good guy named Lloyd and a lot of other weaknesses. Chi might take a WR, but they could end up with a better record than the giants.

Also, with both Edwards and Williams on the board, the bolts will prolly end up with a stud WR either way, if that is the way they decide to use it, which i think they prolly should.

AgentGarcia
11-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: spysnipedis
i think it's fine, the defense will improve, they are young

Imagine this:

Some of the defensive playmakers we have today are in their 2nd, 3rd, or rookie year and if they are able to work together today, SON OF A B WE HAVE OURSELVES A FUTURE HERE GENTLEMEN.

Hamburglar
11-19-2004, 10:25 PM
si senor that is the ching chong i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

guimcharger
11-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Hart and Milligan are hard hitters. I think we just need to get them in the line up and take wilson out. I have nothing against wilson it is that he just isn't a playmaker.

SDynasty
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
We need another LT, like the original. A freak of a pass rusher first and foremost. That would make our young secondary better immediately.
GO BOLTS PLAYOFF RUN!!! CHING GHONG

drangus
11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
the most important players to get are the ones that fit the new team attitude of team first me second.

dswanson
11-29-2004, 02:50 PM
I would snag a middle linebacker just because this draft should be deep with guys I'm impressed with and that's usually a rarity. So if we don't get one this year, who knows when we'll have another opportunity like this. My other first round pick beon the D-line cuz we're still pretty thin there. Although our guys have been playing their tails off. Other than that, I say take the best player available. When was the last time we had that luxury!?!

oneofakind
12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Completely agree with this guy

StaggeringSwede
12-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by: pedro
the most important players to get are the ones that fit the new team attitude of team first me second.

You got it!

Ideally I would want a stud WR with one of the picks. However, unless the Giants free fall we won't have a shot at one of the 2.

Right now I'm leaning toward Georgia's FS Thomas Davis. I like the idea that Hart is young and he happens to be playing while we are doing well. That makes him look good too. But we are still weak vs the pass and need to add the best talent we can.

That means we need to push that rush on the QB as well. I like the desire and heart that Pollack brings. But does that trump his undersize and less than fleet feet? He isn't big enough for our 3 in the 3-4 nor is he quick enough for OLB. I think he's a 4-3 end. Dan Cody is about the same size and has that LB speed, if that's what we are looking for right now. Sean Cody might be a better fit for our line. Though, like Dan, he is on the 1st round bubble. Spears looks the part but I have my reservations. Canty would have been the one, but he has a major injury to deal with. Hawthorne might be the choice. He wouldn't be the ideal pass rusher, but his 6'3'/310 size in combo with Williams and Igor might be the ticket. What if Ngata comes out? I have read that he will. He still hasn't attained his potential. He surely didn't light it up this year. But they said he was Oregon's best lineman 2 years ago, as a freshman (he was out hurt all last year). Igor played with him and we all know how good Igor is. And he's still learning the ropes as well. I could dig on that combo for the future as well.

Basically, go for D. The OL has a couple years left and are doing a real nice job.

Ah... so many choices, so little need.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Chargeroo
12-03-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm an Oregon fan and two years ago I thought Ngata would be a high first round pick, but this year he seems to have lost his explosion. I think he'd be well served to spend another year in school. It may be that his injury from last year is slowing him up. Look how much better Jamal Williams is this year compared to last year. Many times it takes more than a year for an injury to completely heal.

I'd be surprised if the giants pick doesn't end up being a pretty good pick. The injury to both DE's and the decision to start using Eli may mean only about one more win for them. We could end up with about the #9 or 10 pick from them. That could get us a pretty good player - maybe the top Safety or perhaps Braylon Edwards will be their at number ten. I'd really like to see them get an impact player for the defense, perhaps a good pass rusher like Mathias Kiwanuka from Boston College or the LB from Texas.

saskchargerfan
12-06-2004, 02:32 AM
we have 8 picks in this years draft, right?

i would target (in no particular order)

MLB
WR
CB
Safety
O-lineman
D-Lineman
FB
i dont know what else....an explosive kick returner?