PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated/Brees article

Groundweasle
11-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Anybody read the new Sports Illustrated. with the Steelers on the cover? It has a story about Dree Brees. It very cool and a great read. If you hadnt read it you should. Na dif you dont have it get it. Sports Illustrated also say they dont think Brees will be here next year, What I read from it I think Brees feels the same but he wont let that bother him this year . They only thing on his mind he said was getting to the supper bowl this year. Myself I believe he could end up in Dallas. I know most People think Oakland . But did anyone see the monday night game? Dallas is in need Of a QB very bad

Rip
11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Groundweasle
Myself I believe he could end up in Dallas. I know most People think Oakland . But did anyone see the monday night game? Dallas is in need Of a QB very bad

Did you forget about Drew Henson? They gave up a first day draft pick to get him, then handed him a 10 year guarenteed contract, worth A LOT of money. He will be in miami or GB if he isnt here next year

Chargeroo
11-16-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't see the Cowboys as a likely place for Drew. I think his team next year is most likely to be (in order of likeliness) -

San Diego
Green Bay
Baltimore
Cleveland
Miami
Oakland
Denver
Tallahassee i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Write this down in disappearing ink

OverVolt
11-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
I don't see the Cowboys as a likely place for Drew. I think his team next year is most likely to be (in order of likeliness) -

San Diego

Green Bay

Baltimore

Cleveland

Miami

Oakland

Denver

Tallahassee

Write this down in disappearing ink

Sorry, it's been qouted so the disappearing ink will not work!!!
I like your thinking, we need to keep both Brees and Rivers next year.

JoeMcRugby
11-17-2004, 01:26 PM
IF Brees isn't in SD in 2005 (and I hope he is), Arizona is another possibility. Think Denny might like Brees throwing the ball to a healthy Fitzgerald and a healthy Boldin?

Johndbr
11-17-2004, 04:57 PM
I would move the faiders way up that list, to like second. If Turner is still there next year, I expect to see him come after Brees with all guns bazing.

John B.

tmvalence4
11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
I hope he goes to a team that is on the fring of a breakout season so he does'nt have to suffer like SEAU is doing.. AZ or GB.. Hell' be apprieciated there the most ,imo.

Chargers
11-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: tmvalence4
I hope he goes to a team that is on the fring of a breakout season so he does'nt have to suffer like SEAU is doing.. AZ or GB.. Hell' be apprieciated there the most ,imo.

Good call. There would be more pressure on him to succeed in GB, but AZ definately has some talent.

Johndbr
11-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by: Rip
[quote]
Originally posted by: Groundweasle
Did you forget about Drew Henson? They gave up a first day draft pick to get him, then handed him a 10 year guaranteed contract, worth A LOT of money. He will be in Miami or GB if he isn't here next year

geeeeebusssss are you kidding? I totally missed that the first time I read it, but

Drafted: 2003, 6th Round, 19th Pick by Houston Texans.

A first rounder and a 10 year contract for a 6th rounder in last years draft? I think some one in Dallas has lost his marbles. That just does not add up.

John B.

P.S. FireFox spell checker working fine i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Chargeroo
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: Johndbr

A first rounder and a 10 year contract for a 6th rounder in last years draft? I think some one in Dallas has lost his marbles. That just does not add up.

John B.

P.S. FireFox spell checker working fine
Remember that they worked him out down there in Dallas for the rest of the league? Must have been a great workout!

coolbolts
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by: Johndbr

John B.

Henson was projected to be a first round pick (even as the first overall by many experts). But after his junior season, he went for the MLB's draft (I think he was drafted by the Yankees). He sucked playing baseball and decided to try again for football when he was drafted by the Texans in 2003.
So, the 6th round draft was after he was out of football for 2 years, not immediately after the college.

Apparently, the Cowboys still saw the potential he showed in his 3 years in Michigan, and (again) at that time it was quite sure that he was going to be a first rounder. The Big Ten used to have the battle Drew vs Drew at that time (Brees vs Henson).
Although I do agree that Cowboys were out of their mind (by offering a first rounder and 6 yr contract), based on this logic, the math does add up.

desertdevil
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Here in AZ, some of the sports radio stations have mentioned Brees as a person to head D Green's
three headed Receiver Offense, I really would hate to see Brees leave SD, but if it was to the Cardinals
I could deal with it.

efunk55
11-22-2004, 05:14 PM
I'd rather see him go to the Cardinals

ThndrStrm5
11-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I'd rather see Rivers hit by7 a truck coming out of a gay bar in Oakland than see Drew Brees leave the Bolts. Keep Brees and trade Rivers for a 1st and 2nd round pick... GO BOLTZ!!

Hamburglar
11-22-2004, 06:45 PM
your an evil person i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif the only thing i would want rivers to get hit by is a happymeal flying away and then he grabs it and eats it

spysnipedis
11-22-2004, 10:39 PM
.. a happy meal from Jack in the Box. plus jack in the box happy meals have a better toys and there hamburgers aren't macrowaved like MCD i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i would not like Brees to be a Raider or a Bronco only a Charger.

Hamburglar
11-22-2004, 10:43 PM
well jack is all like ching chong in all the commercials!!!

riverhead
11-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by: ThndrStrm5
I'd rather see Rivers hit by7 a truck coming out of a gay bar in Oakland than see Drew Brees leave the Bolts. Keep Brees and trade Rivers for a 1st and 2nd round pick... GO BOLTZ!!

ThndrStrm5,

Stop sugarcoating it and tell us how you really feel. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

michael
11-24-2004, 09:08 AM
i would die if brees was in oakland......i mean how do you talk smack about him?!!!

anyplace but oakland......didnt someone say drew has a large say in where he goes?! i would hope he wouldnt choose oakland.

if drew goes to oakland it would be the pits...kinda like norv turners face.......did i say that?

and just about every team could use drew besides indy, philly, pitts, NE, KC, denver, atlanta, houston, NYJ, Giants, Minn, Carolina, St Louis

basically, its easier to name the teams that DONT need him as opposed to the ones that do