PDA

View Full Version : No Timeouts AGAIN!!

michael
11-22-2004, 01:54 PM
here we are having the same problem!!!!!

we will lose another game like the Atlanta game from this

what in the heck is wrong with drew?!!!

its pretty bad when LT is calling TOs while drews calling an audible, it shows drew haas NO CLUE whats up.

that is not the coaches fault, its drews fault when LT has to step up.

if oakland would have tied the game...oh..i dont know...like as if Curry actually caught that pass.....we would have had NO TIMEOUTS to work with.

this is fundamental and it WILL cost us against a team that isnt 3-7.

ITS EVERY WEEK!!! sometimes in BOTH halfs!!!

spysnipedis
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM
no, there has been games called when the chargers did not use any timeouts in the 1st half.

when there is a problem in the play which he may think will cause a turnover/sack or just a bust in the play you call an audible. If you see something that you know you can own someone, you call an audible. thats what the chargers did and you take the your chances. LT called a timeout because Brees was busy calling an audible or telling the player to motion.

goretek
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
spysnipedis I agree with your take but Drew has constantly been making TO mistakes. Take the Saints game for example, they could've gotten close enought for a FG at the end of the first half but Drew mismanaged the Timeouts and the clock.

brees2gates
11-22-2004, 02:29 PM
three months ago i wouldve given my first born if by week 12 the only thing to complain about brees was clock management, it was loud in oakland and he came away with a win. he should practice the silent count all week

Chargers
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by: brees2gates
three months ago i wouldve given my first born if by week 12 the only thing to complain about brees was clock management, it was loud in oakland and he came away with a win. he should practice the silent count all week

Amen! I guess no matter what Brees does, despite sweeping the Faiders this season, to some it's still not good enough. 7-3 is 7-3. I think we have other concerns than Brees and timeouts, such as Marty sitting on the ball at the end of the half with a great opportunity to score and playcalling in the red zone (the pass to...Oben?!?!)

Triknique
11-22-2004, 02:42 PM
he should practice the silent count all week

If it was loud in Oakland, it will be deafening in KC. Hopefully the offense can get their audible and line calls going quickly, just in case we need the TO's in the 4th qtr.

desertdevil
11-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Cam can take some of the blame also.

ThndrStrm5
11-22-2004, 06:38 PM
We win vs our arch enemy's and the only bad thing U can whine about is clock management vs a last place team? Try watching #20 fake play as Safety if you want an eye sore... we won is the bottom line! GO BOLTZ!!

OverVolt
11-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Clock management is important...however, to sit here and talk like you know what's going on out on the field is pure BS, all of you who "think" you know it's all Drew's fault need to take a step back.
Don't act like you know what your taking about if you don't...I saw one TO that was maybe Drew's fault. SO tell us about the other two??? Give us the complete breakdown so we can learn from you.
So micheal & goretek, I'm calling on you to enlighten us on all three TO's and show us exactly how they were all Drew's fault.

Rip
11-23-2004, 10:07 AM
WOW!!

Some people will find any reason to bash drew, who cares that we are 7-3, tied for first place, and we just swept the hated raiders, Drew SUCKS because he used TIME OUTS!

michael
11-23-2004, 11:34 AM
ive been a HUGE proponent of drew the whole way!!!

maybe you should check on your subject before you critisize!!!! no one said drew "sucks"

you folks must be fat and happy with goin 8-8 this season and thats where we differ. put down the crack pipe and join reality, folks

we will not go deep in the playoffs with dumb mistakes like constantly using out time outs and it doesnt matter how far you like to nuzzle your nose inside drews butt we will still lose another game like the atlanta game if we continue to act like timeouts are expendable.

its one thing to be a charger fan, its another to enjoy banding together in some sort of incestuous orgy of denial when the facts are undeniable.

there is a season long patten of senseless use of our timeouts.....this wasnt the first press conference he was hounded about it. theres a reason for that. play clock management is fundamental.

OverVolt
11-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: michael
ive been a HUGE proponent of drew the whole way!!!

maybe you should check on your subject before you critisize!!!! no one said drew "sucks"

you folks must be fat and happy with goin 8-8 this season and thats where we differ. put down the crack pipe and join reality, folks

we will not go deep in the playoffs with dumb mistakes like constantly using out time outs and it doesnt matter how far you like to nuzzle your nose inside drews butt we will still lose another game like the atlanta game if we continue to act like timeouts are expendable.

its one thing to be a charger fan, its another to enjoy banding together in some sort of incestuous orgy of denial when the facts are undeniable.

there is a season long patten of senseless use of our timeouts.....this wasnt the first press conference he was hounded about it. theres a reason for that. play clock management is fundamental.

Not very bright are you???
Let me "check your subject" for you...What is your post actually says is this "What the heck is wrong with Drew"...and "Drew has no clue what's up"...and "it's not the coaches fault, it's Drew's".
You are right about one thing, you never said "Drew Sucks"...nor did anyone say you did...so where did that come from???
So you see this team as going 8-8??? It's you who needs to put the crack pipe down, wake up and realize this team is 7-3...not even close to 8-8

So once again I ask you to tell us how you know this is all Drew's fault??? You opened your mouth now back it up.
If you can't back it up then shut up.

OldManCharger
11-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: Triknique

he should practice the silent count all week

If it was loud in Oakland, it will be deafening in KC. Hopefully the offense can get their audible and line calls going quickly, just in case we need the TO's in the 4th qtr.

The team's success is just that....the TEAM's success....Brees is a very importnat part of the whole puzzle that is turning into an amazing season....enough of the Brees idol worship and give the credit to the entire organization.....whether or not this is a QB post.....Brees is playing well but to blame him for everything goes wrong is as unfair as saying everything about the Chargers success is his doing...HOGWASH.

The team is winning and Brees is along for the ride.....he's good....but let's see if he has the skills to be the consumate leader later this season....I am rooting for him, but give the credit to everyone in the meantime.

OMC

michael
11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
attention kenny g...if you use your 8th grade education you got before your mom turned to prostitution i believe youd realize i did PROVE it was drews fault when i said LT is having to call timeouts because drew is UNAWARE of whats going on....therefore...if it WAS NOT drews fault he would have known he was down on time and called the timeout himself....instead....LT had to do it. cant blame the coaches on that. hows that for proof?

besides, if you listen to the press confrences youll notice marty has said that it is NOT a matter of the plays not coming in on time. i dont believe he would leave drew out to dry if it was in fact cams issue.

secondly, i did say all those things you quoted and still i never said drew sucked. wow, you can read. just because drew is continually failing one point of his game does not mean he sucks. conversely, i have always complained on these boards about even drafting PR and how drew never got a chance with our sorry Oline last year.

what i said(let me say it again since youre not very bright) about going 8-8 was that all of you with your nose up drews butt like he does no wrong must be content with only going 8-8 because super bowl teams dont make fundamental errors on a consistent basis as they tend to cost you the game(see Atlanta)

moving forward, i believe you should watch your tongue.

coryhartford
11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
IMO Drew has always been a bit of a spaz. I think that hindered his devlopment in the passing game. He has learned to calm down in the pocket and he plays more calmly overall. I think the whole clock mangement area is still a "Spazy" area for him. He gets all wound up and loses focus. I think its soemthing he will get better at and improve upon. He's been able to settle down in the more complicated areas of the QB position so I think he'll focus on this aspect and improve on it.

michael
11-23-2004, 05:44 PM
i agree.....and i apologize for the mom insult...kind of a ron artest reflex for tryin to tell me to shut up

spysnipedis
11-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by: michael
attention kenny g...if you use your 8th grade education you got before your mom turned to prostitution i believe youd realize i did PROVE it was drews fault when i said LT is having to call timeouts because drew is UNAWARE of whats going on....therefore...if it WAS NOT drews fault he would have known he was down on time and called the timeout himself....instead....LT had to do it. cant blame the coaches on that. hows that for proof?

besides, if you listen to the press confrences youll notice marty has said that it is NOT a matter of the plays not coming in on time. i dont believe he would leave drew out to dry if it was in fact cams issue.

secondly, i did say all those things you quoted and still i never said drew sucked. wow, you can read. just because drew is continually failing one point of his game does not mean he sucks. conversely, i have always complained on these boards about even drafting PR and how drew never got a chance with our sorry Oline last year.

what i said(let me say it again since youre not very bright) about going 8-8 was that all of you with your nose up drews butt like he does no wrong must be content with only going 8-8 because super bowl teams dont make fundamental errors on a consistent basis as they tend to cost you the game(see Atlanta)

moving forward, i believe you should watch your tongue.

ouch. that mom joke was just.. OUCH

thank god you apologize though. i would not like a Fan getting in trouble i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

spysnipedis
11-23-2004, 05:53 PM
oh yea, no way the team will go 8-8 with

Brees playing like Cool Brees

LT running a way Better.

Recievers that actually CATCH!!

O-line that Blocks

Defense stopping the run.