PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

HellsBells
11-27-2004, 09:30 PM
...Rivers is traded...where would the River rats go? This is not an insult, but would you guys stick with the Chargers or the team he went to? Once again, nothing against anyone.

aznpridecoon
11-27-2004, 09:42 PM
i dont care about rivers at all. i would stick with bree and flutie all the way. this is only my opinion.

Thunderstruck
11-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by: HellsBells
...Rivers is traded...where would the River rats go? This is not an insult, but would you guys stick with the Chargers or the team he went to? Once again, nothing against anyone.

I think we know the answer to that one. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

parker88fan
11-27-2004, 10:29 PM
i dont care bout brees its all bout rivers

spysnipedis
11-28-2004, 12:20 AM
I THINK, the rivers rats would make a big fit and go to the over team.

i think its going to happen
IMO.

riverhead
11-28-2004, 07:51 AM

First, I am going to follow Philip and keep tabs on him wherever he goes, BUT I guess I'm stuck with the Chargers. I have followed the Bolts off and on for years. Philip's draft put me over the edge and onto this forum. I plan (I want) to get moved out there someday and get back. Lived there as a youngster when my dad was stationed in the Navy.

By the way, I have never been to the present stadium. Looks old and I aware of the plans to build a new one or I think upgrade the present one, BUT gosh t Qualcomm looks great (from a distance of course), somewhat nostalgic. I like older stadiums so what is wrong with the present one? Is is location? What?

spysnipedis
11-28-2004, 04:09 PM
just not advance. if you go to the other team's stadium it is more futuristic like you know.

we need a new staduim for Charger ownage and Super Bowls

Chargeroo
11-28-2004, 04:35 PM
riverhead, I haven't been to San Diego for several years myself but I read that they have crumbling cement and big time plumbing problems and frequent power outages.

As for this thread. I'd expect most of the Rivers fans would follow him if he was traded but thinking about the Salary Cap implications, I can't imagine they'd trade him next year. However, whatever AJ decides, I'm going along with it with a smile because I really trust his judgment.

riverhead
11-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
riverhead, I haven't been to San Diego for several years myself but I read that they have crumbling cement and big time plumbing problems and frequent power outages.

As for this thread. I'd expect most of the Rivers fans would follow him if he was traded but thinking about the Salary Cap implications, I can't imagine they'd trade him next year. However, whatever AJ decides, I'm going along with it with a smile because I really trust his judgment.

Chargeroo,

Guess I better head out to San Diego and catch a piece of the crumble for a souvenir before the upgrade. Dittos on AJ. I think that he has already made an impact. Who knows? Maybe they'll find a way to keep Drew and Philip. What a game Drew had today. He is putting zip on the ball big time.

sanluischargerfan
11-28-2004, 05:29 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AJ would have to have a very good deal set up for this to happen. I think that depth at QB is a weapon. One we should keep. I don't want to go through a rookie learning curve if we have a Pro Bowl level QB on the roster right now. As for the Rivers fans...I am sure that they would follow there boy. That's why they are here now. They need more time to develop into Charger Fans. IMO.

Otis4411
11-28-2004, 06:05 PM

Well since your asking, remember not to flame someones response to this.

1- I don't really consider myself a river rat. What's up with the term rat?? It's like you guy's don't like Rivers and he could be the QB here one day. I don't get it, at all.

2- No I'm not a chargers fan, I could pull for the chargers as I have done other teams beside my favorite. (Redskins)

3- When I joined this forum to check it out I didn't have to pledge my loyalty to this team to join. So I think worring about who is a fan is a mute point. I wouldn't flame the chargers or try to insult their fans here. It wouldn't be a curtious thing to do and I'm a member of several types of forums and was a mod at one so I try and respect forum rules.

Now having said all that, can I say I have enjoyed seeing the chargers success this yr!! They got it going on and it looks like a 3 team race for the superbowl. Chargers, Colts, Steelers!! I'm from a small 1 stoplight town in eastern North Carolina and I have always pulled for the wolfpack. I'm a little too young to remember Roman Gabriel (hehehe older Charger fans would remember him) but he was known as the best NC State QB ever, until Rivers came along. I just wish we had Reggie Herring here running the defense when Phillip was here. we would have done much better and he might have won the team award of the hiesman then! I make no opoligies for following Rivers to the Chargers. If he don't ever play there then I'll follow him to wherever. That will have no bearing what-so-ever as to how San Diego will or will not do as a team. Think about it for a second......... There are players on other teams that you enjoy seeing play well, even pull for eh?? I know for me it was Joe Montana and before him it Terry Bradshaw. I like watching Peyton Manning, Emmitt Smith. So it would be difficult for me to understand the charger or nothing mentality your post suggest. Heck, I even bought tickets to see the Chargers when they came to play the Panthers here in NC. True I figured it would be to see Rivers, but still my money goes to support the Chargers in a small way. I also would buy a Chargers Jersey with Rivers # to keep as a souvineer. If you guy's don't want him talk Marty into sending him to Washington. God knows they need him!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

guimcharger
11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Rivers will be here next year as a back up to Brees. It won't hurt to keep both of them. Then after next year try to get rid of Rivers if Brees is still good.

riverhead
11-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Great Post Otis4411,

I reckon we can all hash this out by extending an open invite to our friends on the west coast to come out to Eastern NC and taste the world's best pork BBQ. You haven't lived til you've tasted the BBQ here and watched PR play. I'll set up the highlights room and cater in the meat, slaw and hushpuppies. Big glass of ice tea (that's sweet ice tea and none other).

I'm from a small eastern NC town as well but I think we probably had a couple of stop lights back when.

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
11-28-2004, 06:42 PM
I consider myself one of the biggest charger fans there is, Shrine and all at home. As soon as Rivers was drafted by San Diego I became Rivers (rats) fan. I am also one of the biggest Brees fans from 2000 when he was drafted. Ive allways supported them 100%, If Rivers or Brees are ever traded I would follow each of their careers and root for them exept when they played the Chargers. As of now I want them both on the team, we need 2 starting QB's on our team and Rivers is just "one play" (injury or illness) away from leading this team to a win at any time. I think We need to keep the thought of either player being traded out of our mind until it actually happens.

WHITELIGHTNING
11-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I lived in San Diego for 40 years and moved to NC in 99. I have always been a Chargers fan. I met Speedy Duncan at meridian elementy scholl and was hooked. Trade Rivers sure Im all for it, I'll still follow his career, but I'll always be a charger fan. I would rather they trade him this off season while his value would still be strong. Brees is having a great year, I just hope he can keep it up after Rivers is gone.

I guess I was called a Rivers rat because many San Diego "FANS" were very rude after the draft and during the hold out. I was embarrassed for our city and those of you who slung mud and still do. The people who follow Rivers are good peeps and Im sure they would follow Rivers wherever he plays.

riverhead
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
WhiteLightning,

You got that right. Rivers folks are good peeps just like Philip. Knowing Philip, he is rooting on Drew big time. I have always stated that I am not worried about Philip, he is going to do great wherever he plays or lands.

Onto the important stuff.
So what's your take on eastern NC BBQ?

Rip
11-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
I guess I was called a Rivers rat because many San Diego "FANS" were very rude after the draft and during the hold out. I was embarrassed for our city and those of you who slung mud and still do. The people who follow Rivers are good peeps and Im sure they would follow Rivers wherever he plays.

No, you are called a river rat because you have contiuned to bash brees even when he was doing good, showing that you care more about seeing you guy play, then you do this team winning

Otis4411
11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: Rip

Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING

No, you are called a river rat because you have contiuned to bash brees even when he was doing good, showing that you care more about seeing you guy play, then you do this team winning

Naah RIP, you need to step back and look again. You referred to me as a river rat a while back. I have never posted negative about Brees. I do take up Rivers when I see people talk bad or negative about him. I hope for your sake he never plays for San Diego, you would end up loving him. This is intresting forum, maybe others are like this as well I have never seen a forum for the team I usually watch but you guy's love the Chargers yet trash players on the roster. Go figure??
I do get to catch some of the chargers games though. difficult being on the east coast, even with my hacking skills getting them is hard at times. Gates took one heck of a hit and kept on playing , great job!!! It's gonna be intresting to see how the AFC unfolds in the playoffs. The CHargers are definitly in the mix. Go Chargers!!!

Riverhead, I'm in a town called Vanceboro. Between New Bern and Greenville. Yea, Yea, Yea, way to close to ECU!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

spysnipedis
11-29-2004, 06:07 PM
well the term river rats means (IMO)

Rooting that Brees gets benched and Rivers plays.
Not hoping the best for the team.
Trading Brees in the offseason/letting him go.

again IMO.

riverhead
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Riverhead, I'm in a town called Vanceboro. Between New Bern and Greenville. Yea, Yea, Yea, way to close to ECU!!

How 'bout dat Wufpat last weekend! Put it on the Pirates.

I have actually been through Vanceboro and all up through that forest land. Bear country for sure. My business takes me into Pamlico, Craven, Pitt, Beaufort, Lenoir and other eastern NC counties. Used to live in Winterville as a kid (this was after San Diego)Spend alot of time also in Wayne Co. so I am a regular at McCalls and Wilbur's BBQ.

Otis4411
11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by: riverhead
Riverhead, I'm in a town called Vanceboro. Between New Bern and Greenville. Yea, Yea, Yea, way to close to ECU!!

How 'bout dat Wufpat last weekend! Put it on the Pirates.

I have actually been through Vanceboro and all up through that forest land. Bear country for sure. My business takes me into Pamlico, Craven, Pitt, Beaufort, Lenoir and other eastern NC counties. Used to live in Winterville as a kid (this was after San Diego)Spend alot of time also in Wayne Co. so I am a regular at McCalls and Wilbur's BBQ.

This is off subject but talking about bears, that 880lb bear was killed behind my house that for a while was a North American record. It liked BBQ too! Was eating hogs out of the dumpster at a hog farm. I love Wilbers too! Great place to stop coming back from the games.

Spysnipedis, not all Rivers fans would like to see Brees benched. My biggest fear for him would be to get thrown in too early and not be ready for it. 75% (IMO) of a QB's play is from his confidence, break that and you have ruined the QB. I would hate to see Rivers confidence get rattled right to go with. Now more than ever I hope Brees stay's healthy with the playoff's coming up so quick. Man time flies by!!
One of the best high school QB's to come out NC was named Heath Shuler. We played a team in high school playoffs that had played against him so we were able to get that game film and see him. He was real good. Went to Tenn. and did great then went to Redskins where Norv Turner jerked him in and out like a monkey on a string. Ruined the kid completely, so no I'm not the ordinary "River Rat". i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

riverhead
11-30-2004, 01:27 AM
I remember that record bear Otis,

Fed off of hog parts from dumpsters. Word had it that the hogs had been injected with steroids to make them meatier.

I do remember Heath Shuler also. Very much reminded me of a Favre type, except a better runner. Right on about Philip's confidence. Keep the flame alive. Knowing him though, it would take quite a bit to rattle his confidence.

OverVolt
11-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by: riverhead

First, I am going to follow Philip and keep tabs on him wherever he goes, BUT I guess I'm stuck with the Chargers. I have followed the Bolts off and on for years. Philip's draft put me over the edge and onto this forum. I plan (I want) to get moved out there someday and get back. Lived there as a youngster when my dad was stationed in the Navy.

By the way, I have never been to the present stadium. Looks old and I aware of the plans to build a new one or I think upgrade the present one, BUT gosh t Qualcomm looks great (from a distance of course), somewhat nostalgic. I like older stadiums so what is wrong with the present one? Is is location? What?

Yeah, the Murph is looking old up close, it does have some water damaged areas that are showing wear.
It was upgraded about 10-12 years ago.
I can find little wrong with this stadium...but then I'm used to it...and the only other stadium's I've been in are Anahiem and the old Foxboro (which was nasty, aluminium bench seating) So neither are up to the Murph's standards. I just haven't been in a "modern" stadium yet, so I don't know what I'm missing...and don't care.

riverhead
11-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah, the Murph is looking old up close, it does have some water damaged areas that are showing wear.
It was upgraded about 10-12 years ago.
I can find little wrong with this stadium...but then I'm used to it...and the only other stadium's I've been in are Anahiem and the old Foxboro (which was nasty, aluminium bench seating) So neither are up to the Murph's standards. I just haven't been in a "modern" stadium yet, so I don't know what I'm missing...and don't care.

KennyG,

I am going to make it out to one of the games and I must admit I'd like to watch it in the old.

OldManCharger
11-30-2004, 02:48 PM

With all due respect. Does your logic hold true "if and when" Brees is traded....if you ask me there are as many Brees lovers as there are River Rats.....where does anyone get off asking such a ridiculous question. Why even ask it, it implies negativity.

Just because one guy wants to support Brees or Rivers does not mean they are not TRUE Charger fans.

Why are there always guys in here trying to stir up the garbage, this endless accusation about not being charger fans because you cheer for one guy is illogical.

This is getting boring.

If we were winning with Rivers I would be as equally as happy....right now its Brees...fantastic....Cheer the team on and not the individual.

OMC