PDA

View Full Version : Mock Me

RMANCIL
11-28-2004, 11:11 AM
http://condraft.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=1145
Aaron Rodgers QB California 6' 198lbs Derrick Johnson LB Texas 64 235lbs Alex Barron OT Florida State 66 315lbs Mike Williams WR N/A 65 238lbs Carnell Williams RB Auburn 511 208lbs are the top 5 off the board in this mock.

Bolts get 25 and 27 picks in this mock , I think the Giants selection will be a good bit higher. 25) San Diego Chargers (NYG) Shawn Cody DT/DE USC 64 292lbs 27) San Diego Chargers- Kirk Morrison LB San Diego State 63 243lbs . I have not watched Cody play he is well though of on most boards and address a need. Morrison is a good LB but I think this is a reach selection at this point. He may lack the speed to play in the nickel as such I don't see him going this high.

Other possible players on the board

Dan Cody DE Oklahoma 65 267lbs lacks size to play DE in a 3-4 but he may play OLB, Cody explodes off the ball and has excellent strength. I have not seen his 40 or short shuttle but this is a young player who will be on several teams radar.

Ernest Shazor S Michigan 64 220lbs Great size ,plays the run like a LB real good quickness , look out for his 40 times if he can run under 4.55 this guy could be a big time star. Playmaker deluxe ,leader
http://www.draftshowcase.com/ErnestShazor.htm http://www.mgoblue.com/section...&top=2&level=2 http://mgoblue.com/bio.cfm?bio...level=3&season=927 http://www.theoaklandpress.com.../col_20040901034.shtml

http://www.football.com/draft/2005/05mockdraft.shtml
*Matt Leinart Quarterback USC , Cedric Benson Running Back Texas , Antrel Rolle Cornerback Miami (Fla.), Alex Barron Offensive Tackle Florida State , Derrick Johnson Linebacker Texas by DJ Boyer Mock

Bolts get Ernest Shazor Safety Michigan at 22 and Jonathan Scott Offensive Tackle Texas at 25 which isn't a bad draft in my opinion at this early date.

I do like Andrew Whitworth Offensive Tackle LSU a lot that said Scott may fit the Bolts taste a little better.Whitworth has the best feet in the draft and should be the better pass blocker.

http://www.football.com/draft/2005/mccollom_mock.shtml
San Francisco- Antrel Rolle CB Miami (FL, Miami- Matt Leinart QB USC ,Carolina- Derrick Johnson LB Texas , Tampa Bay- Mike Williams WR USC , Tennessee- Jamaal Brown OT Oklahoma

Seems a bit high for Brown in fact I don't have him as my 1# tackle let alone top 5 player

22. San Diego (from New York Giants)- Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
24. San Diego- Mike Munoz OT Tennessee

Clayton is a fast shifty guy but his size concerns me ,that and the fact the Bolts have several similar types on the roster. If the Bolts go wr I would expect a big WR like Edwards if he was on the board or perhaps a sleeper in the lower rounds. Munoz from what I saw last season is a good player he has some injury concerns with a knee however if that checks out he is a strong run blocker that fits the Bolts style.

Still on the board of interest in this mock Orien Harris DT Miami (FL and Pittsburgh- Marcus Spears DE LSU along with Marcus McNeil OT Auburn and Dan Cody DE Oklahoma.

Harris has size ,quick's and strength along with great balance. Miami turns out top talent and this kid would work in the 3-4 .I ha

RollinThunder
11-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks, very informative. Marcus Mcneil's name rarely comes up as a top three OT. Seems odd for a guy of his size. What is his downside...too slow on the corner?

Chargeroo
11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
I think the Giants will end up with about one more win, which should give us about the 10th pick in the draft. We may have a shot at any of several impact players at the number ten pick. I think we still could use a great ILB or a great pass rusher, however our needs aren't as clear cut as they were in recent years. We could actually afford to take the "best athlete available" this year.

Boltjolt
11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Those mocks are all old and for the most part, they stink.

We already have a SS so wasting a first rounder on Shazor seems lame.

No dont think Kiel would be a better FS.

99% of these sites dont do their homework.

squabble
12-01-2004, 04:08 AM
As it stand now the Giants @ 5-6 would pick 17th but the 4-7's go from 6th through to 14th, there is still a hell of a lot that could happen with that Giants 1st rounder.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

RMANCIL
12-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks, very informative. Marcus Mcneil's name rarely comes up as a top three OT. Seems odd for a guy of his size. What is his downside...too slow on the corner?

I have not seen him play yet so I can't answer you yet. I watched lot Britt of Alabama on a TIVO game vs Miss state and I don't think he lived up to the hype. He seemed to do well mind you just not all world.
Britt has size 6'7" 300+ but he looked a bit stiff and his foot speed avg.

That isn't to say he won't be drafted or have a good career just not in the blue chip area top 10 player in the draft. In fact and I need to watch him play a little more but the difference between 15 and 32 in the first round and 33 and 64 in the second is at this time what is starting to shape up.

Pro days ,combine ,bowl games ,senior Bowl all will help shape the draft. I enjoy looking at mocks and then watching the players myself and forming my own opinions. I hope that my sharing encourages others to do so.

I think a lot of mock drafts and individuals consistently post on the internet about players reflects more what they have read and less of what they have seen and the result is some players are over hyped.

Those mocks are all old and for the most part, they stink. [b

As far as how old these draft sites are they seem to be about as fresh as any ,please post some of your favorites and share your thoughts on the players you may have seen [b

squabble
12-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Here (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm) is one from the 25th of November. It has us taking ...
@ 19 - Dan Cody-DE-Oklahoma
@ 25 - Channing Crowder-LB-Florida*

Here (http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm) is another one that has been as far as I can tell today. It has us going for ...
@ 15 - Matthias Kiwanuke - DE - Boston College*
@ 22 - Mark Clayton - WR - Oklahoma
Unless they want to trade up for Edwards or Williams.

The links should update as they go along ... I think!?!?

jhlora
12-01-2004, 04:44 PM
i lie what you got but i think that the draft they have from the giant they will give it to another team for defenders or money so they can keep brees.

MoveitMister
12-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by: Boltjolt

That's why we're here discussing it, Boltjolt.

Who would you like to see us consider for our 2005 roster?

MoveitMister
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: squabble
Here (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm) is one from the 25th of November. It has us taking ...

Here (http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm) is another one that has been as far as I can tell today. It has us going for ...

From your 1st link

With their second pick the Chargers look to improve their linebacking core and find a star in Crowder. Channing missed a few games with a minor foot injury, but teams will still go crazy over his natural abilities and football smarts. He's had a few character issues in the past, but he won't fall past the defensively needy Chargers.

This guy/gal hasn't read much about or watched the Chargers this year, has he/she?
The 'few character issues' would be the reason he wouldn't be picked up.

squabble
12-02-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by: MoveitMister

From your 1st link

With their second pick the Chargers look to improve their linebacking core and find a star in Crowder. Channing missed a few games with a minor foot injury, but teams will still go crazy over his natural abilities and football smarts. He's had a few character issues in the past, but he won't fall past the defensively needy Chargers.

This guy/gal hasn't read much about or watched the Chargers this year, has he/she?

I thought that when I read it, doesn't seem to be the kind of player the Chargers will be looking too much at.

RMANCIL
12-02-2004, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by: squabble

From your 1st link

I agree if the player has any issues the Bolts would pass. The other kid getting a lot of play is the wr Chris Henry, West Virginia 6'5" 195 .Looks like he has talent but man he seems to be a big problem with his emotions. I hope the Bolts pass on him.

RMANCIL
12-02-2004, 10:21 AM
On the http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm they say that the Bolts would like to run the 4-3 defense I sure have not seen that any where else .

If the draft started tomorrow here is the top 20

2005 Draft Order if the season ended after Week 12
Sel Team W L T Pct. SOS
1 San Francisco 1 10 0 .091 .467
2 Miami 2 9 0 .182 .550
3 Washington 3 8 0 .273 .517
4 Kansas City 3 8 0 .273 .595
5 Cleveland 3 8 0 .273 .612
6 Tampa Bay 4 7 0 .364 .417
7 Chicago 4 7 0 .364 .467
8 New Orleans 4 7 0 .364 .483
9 Arizona 4 7 0 .364 .492
10 Tennessee 4 7 0 .364 .517
11 Carolina 4 7 0 .364 .532
12 Dallas 4 7 0 .364 .533
13 Detroit 4 7 0 .364 .558
14 Oakland 4 7 0 .364 .579
15 Cincinnati 5 6 0 .455 .504
16 Houston 5 6 0 .455 .523
17 N.Y. Giants* 5 6 0 .455 .533
18 Buffalo** 5 6 0 .455 .583
19 Jacksonville 6 5 0 .545 .536
20 Denver 7 4 0 .636 .463

17 should land us a good player.

New Mock

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
Marcus Spears, DE, L.S.U.
Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas were our two in this one round 1# funny how many differant players are in the top 5 sure shows how unsettled the draft is at this time.

I like Scott and Andrew Whitworth, OT, L.S.U. the best at this time for our ol selection round one and
Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin is in my book rated over Spears at DL.

In the new mok several players that are round one selections are round two for ex Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin , Michael Munoz, OT, Tennessee , Ernest Shazor, S, Michigan

Any body seen Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon what does he look like???

geekster
12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: RMANCIL
From your 1st link

I agree if the player has any issues the Bolts would pass. The other kid getting a lot of play is the wr Chris Henry, West Virginia 6'5" 195 .Looks like he has talent but man he seems to be a big problem with his emotions. I hope the Bolts pass on him.[/quote]

I think we can just about bet that, with AJ at the wheel anyone with any kind of "character issues" is going to be playing for another team. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Semperfidelis48
12-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I haven't seen any mocks showing the chargers taking David Pollack. Isn't there a pretty good chance we could grab him. He's one of the best DE's and hes known for a never stopping motor. Just an idea.

RMANCIL
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Mels big board 12-01-04

1. Cedric Benson Sr. RB Texas way over rated
Four straight years with over 1,000 yards.
2. Ronnie Brown Sr. RB Auburn good to high
A complete, explosive back who does it all.
3. Carnell Williams Sr. RB Auburn to high
Very creative and deceptively strong runner.
4. Mike Williams Jr. WR USC I like him
Terrific combo of size and strength.
5. Dan Cody Sr. DT Oklahoma OLB in 3-4 very quick
A fiery, intense end who's coming on strong
6. Erasmus James Sr. DE Wisconsin have not seen him
Outstanding pass rusher who can play the run.
7. Derrick Johnson Sr. LB Texas Fast real playmaker maybe number 1 on the board
Strength, speed and a nose for the ball.
8. Travis Johnson Sr. DT Fla. St. Have not seen
Vastly improved and a dominant performer. ve
9. Braylon Edwards Sr. WR Michigan Like him size speed yac
Has the size, speed and athleticism to dominate.
10. Matt Roth Sr. DE Iowa have not seen him
An outstanding natural pass rusher.
11. Antrel Rolle Sr. CB Miami Good CB good size
Great in coverage and a good tackler.
12. Alex Barron Sr. OT Fla. St. Solid but still want to see more of him
6-6, 320 and an excellent pass blocker.
13. David Pollack Sr. DE Georgia Great motor lacks size speed maybe olb in 3-4 round 2#
Incredible intensity and passion.
14. Marcus Spears Sr. DE LSU Size but lacks big first step for pass rush strong vs run
Had 13 tackles for loss and six sacks in '03.
15. Shaun Cody Sr. DL USC Have not seen
Vesrsatile performer at DT or DE.
16. Jammal Brown Sr. OT Oklahoma Ok with feet not over powering
Equally adept at pass and run blocking.
17. Charlie Frye Sr. QB Akron have not seen
Another standout MAC passer.
18. Mark Clayton Sr. WR Oklahoma very quick with big top speed ,size and hands Issue
The best WR in years after the catch.
19. Bryant McFadden Sr. CB Fla. St. have not seen
Good athletic ability and willing in run support.
20. Adam Terry Sr. OT Syracuse HNS
Perhaps the nation's most athletic tackle.
21. Carlos Rogers Sr. DB Auburn HNS
Auburn's best defensive player this season.
22. Alex Smith Sr. TE Stanford HNS
Leads the Cardinal in receptions.
23. Corey Webster Sr. DB LSU did not stand out in games I watched
A blue-chiper slowed early on by injury.
24. David Baas Sr. OG Michigan Good size ,motor speed like him high slot for OG
Battle-tested Big Ten veteran.
25. Roddy White Sr. WR UAB HNS

HNS = HAVE NOT SEEN = Must watch more Football !!!!!!! The first few comments are mine the rest Mel I am afraid the system did not allow me to seperate them as I had intented.

Boltjolt
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by: Boltjolt

That's why we're here discussing it, Boltjolt.

Who would you like to see us consider for our 2005 roster?

This is a tough one to answer at this time.

Our holes arent a big as they were and this draft isnt loaded like the last one. It also depends on some things .

I like fixing the lines at this time. DE and OT with some very good prospects in the first round. I also like a handful of players at other positions so i might be inclined to go with BPA.

For instance...if the Giants start to really stink and we have a top pick and Derrick Johnson falls to us, i think i couldnt pass that up even if tha may not be our top priority. The Giants would really have to suck for this top happen though...lol

If Eric Winston declares..i might consider taking him also with a late first rounder. We dont need him to start right away and he could rehab and learn while we have Oben for two more years. I also like Jamaal Brown and Jon Scott.

I dont think we have a shot at Braylon Edwards and id grab Michael Clayton if he was around late in the first round.

Like i said, it depends. This year is a bit tougher because we dont have huge concrete needs as before. I think DE is maybe the biggest need. Some one opposite Igor like Spears or Chris Canty. Besides DE, im thinking just go with the BPA. Even a DE can be taken in the 2nd round where i think Canty will go since he is hurt.

I love the draft and always am into it . This year is a bit different for me because first we are winning and that is awesome. It takes away a bit from the draft for me. Not that im not into the draft but its just not something am into as much right now like i was the previous years because we are in a playoff hunt and hey......ISNT IT JUST GREAT!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I can talk a little smack like to the Bronco fan at my work who said we were going to lose. He thought it was funny when i call Plummer, Jake the fake and i tell him how he will screw it up when he throws a left handed INT like he did earlier this year...lol

Really i could throw some names out like i have but this year i think maybe im taking a wait and see approach to what the Bolts might do with some players and who they will try to keep and go after in FA,cy.

I dont see a "must have" player in this draft for us.
If DJ fell though, he would be a "must draft" if he fell our way...he is about the only one i see that for us. Well maybe Braylon Edwards too.

I think the QB's this year are a weak class. Rogers is good and Leinart is good but i doubt Leinart comes out. Rogers i dont see as a must have type of QB and Orton doesnt excite me either. I know we dont need a QB but what im saying is those three dont come close to Eli, Ben or Philip as a group IMO and i dont see teams scrambling to get one and if Leinart doesnt come out...its a weak class.
Basically i dont see anybody in this draft as THE guy who will deffinitely be the #1 pick.
In other words.. there were many trades last year just in the first round. I dont expect that in 2005 and if the rumor comes true that Ted Tedford may take the Niners job and draft Rogers...DJ may be the only guy that a team would trade up for to get more picks...well maybe Antel Rolle could force that as well with the Cowboys needing a CB.

Why does this affect us? Well the Giants are falling fast. We could be in that top 10 afterall.

Wow...ill stop babbling nowi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RMANCIL
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Here is my current list of top DL players based on what I have seen.
1 ANTTAJ HAWTHORNE http://www.draftshowcase.com/AnttajHawthorne.htm
2 Orien Harris, DT, Miami http://www.nfldraftcountdown.c...es/dt/orienharris.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/dt/orienharris.html)
3 MARCUS SPEARS http://www.draftshowcase.com/MarcusSpears.htm

These players have size to play in the 3-4 Hawthorne has the best quickness off the ball and in my judgement rates over the others as a result. Harris is a bit of a sleeper and may be had in round two but he looks faster than Spears, who has been over hyped a bit. L.S.U. has not turned Spears loose too much in the games that I have seen so his conbine scores may push him up.

Wr is a area of need with injuries and age on the Bolts,this postion looks thin but here are my top players.

1 Braylon Edwards SR WR Michigan http://www.draftshowcase.com/BraylonEdwards.htm
2 Mike Williams JR WR USC http://www.nfldraftcountdown.c...s/wr/mikewilliams.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/mikewilliams.html)

Edwards has size and speed ,Williams lacks speed but is a big time player.

Next up LB

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
12-14-2004, 06:36 PM
DL - SPEARS and WR - EDWARDS look good to me if we can get em.....Our other need seems to be a speedy safety to keep up with all these fast recievers out there. Having 2 number 1 picks this year will make this next draft worth watching for sure.

foober
12-14-2004, 09:39 PM
All I can think is they've got to improve the pass defense. And especially the pass rush. Right now my favorite d-end is Shaun cody of usc. He's a clone of IGOR. Which would be perfect. The other first rounder i'm not sure about. Theres a linebacker from virginia that is super. And a saftey at michigan thats pretty good.

I really think were pretty set at receiver now. And they are all maturing. The only thing they've got to look at is finding a left tackle to take over for oben when he slows down.

They'll use free agency as well. So who they can't get in free agency they will do with the draft.

RMANCIL
12-15-2004, 10:34 AM
OLB/DE
1 Dan Cody Okl 6'5" 270 http://www.qisports.com/dancody2005.html
I have watched him beat Britt OT from ALA like a drum on E.S.P.N. Classic. Great edge rusher with LB speed this guy is a playmaker. Sooners featured pass rusher over Tommie Harris last year, he would be a great fit in S.D. as a OLB in the 3-4 and he may be on the board when the Bolts draft with the Giants selection.

2 Derick Johnson TEX 6'4" 230 http://www.qisports.com/derrickjohnson2005.html
Speed is his game and speed is the the game in the N.F.L. I rank him after Cody due to size he would have to play ILB in the 3-4 or put on some pounds and he most likly will be gone before the Bolts draft.
Still DJ is a big time player

3 Darryl Blackstock Vir 6'4" 240 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.c.../darrylblackstock.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/olb/darrylblackstock.html)
Great speed and qickness for a edge rusher lacks size once again to play every down as OLB but hey Terrell Suggs makes a nice living with Balt

4 David Pollack Georgia 6'3" 260 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.c.../darrylblackstock.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/olb/darrylblackstock.html)
His speed is very important as to how well he might fit in the N.F.L. He has the size to play every down as a OLB in the 3-4 and the heart to never give up. He may also need a little more upper body strenth. He will get a shot in the N.F.L. and he may fit with the Bolts

It really looks like the Bolts should get several players that would improve this team and add some depth. I do think they will take B.A. in the first rounds and if two players rate even then need will come into play.

I always like big time playmakers if you can get them and defense wins games ,playoff games!

RMANCIL
12-15-2004, 06:55 PM
December 14

Selection order if the 2005 draft were held today; opponents'
combined W-L records based on all 16 opponents
x indicates tie to be decided by coin flip # Team W-L Opponents'
W-L %
1 San Francisco 2-11 .476
2 Miami 2-11 .558
3 Cleveland 3-10 .591
4 Arizona 4-9 .462
5 Tennessee 4-9 .495
6 Washington 4-9 .505
7 Oakland 4-9 .563
8 Tampa Bay 5-8 .466
9 Chicago 5-8 .476
10 New Orleans 5-8 .481
11 Houston 5-8 .510
12 Detroit 5-8 .510
13 Dallas 5-8 .519
14 San Diego (from New York Giants**) 5-8 .529
15 Kansas City 5-8 .556
16 St. Louis 6-7 .490
17 Carolina 6-7 .510
18 Cincinnati 6-7 .548
19 Seattle 7-6 .442
20 Minnesota 7-6 .481
21 Dallas (from Buffalo*) 7-6 .505
22 Jacksonville 7-6 .524
x23 Denver 8-5 .471
x24 Green Bay 8-5 .471
25 Baltimore 8-5 .543
26 New York Jets 9-4 .505
27 Atlanta 10-3 .423
28 San Diego 10-3 .471
29 Indianapolis 10-3 .500
30 New England 12-1 .476
31 Philadelphia 12-1 .452
32 Pittsburgh 12-1 .486
* Buffalo's 1st pick would be #52
** NY Giants 1st pick would be #45

RMANCIL
12-15-2004, 07:04 PM
http://www.draftshowcase.com/swmock05.htm

San Fransisco - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
It will be tough to pass on Rolle, but if the Niners are going to turn it around, it has to start at Quarterback. Leinart has the intangibles to step in and play right away and if the team holds onto this selection, it will come down to Leinart and Rodgers.

Miami - Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
Miami needs a RB, but taking one 2nd overall in what looks to be a fairly deep year is a bit of a stretch. Rodgers instead should be able to fix the woes Miami has had at QB since Dan Marino retired. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and that's something AJ Feely hasn't done a good job of.

Cleveland - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
When it's all said and done, Rolle will probably be the best player on the board. The Browns don't really have a shutdown corner, but Anthony Henry is good enough to start on the other side, giving the Browns two good young corners.

Oakland - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
Jerry Porter is a free agent and we'll see how Ronald Curry recovers from an achilles injury. Thus, WR is a position of need in Oakland. Kerry Collins has shown that he can throw the ball down the field and Braylon is the best vertical receiver in the draft.

Arizona - Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn
Larry Croom, an undrafted FA is the current starter in Arizona. Emmitt is going to retire and Marcel Shipp has been injury prone and isn't fast enough to be a feature back. Williams has the potential to be the guy. While 4th Overall is a little high, this fills a big need for the Cards.

New Orleans - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
Johnson is an elite prospect. He's been all over the field this year and the Saints need an outside linebacker more than an inside guy because they already have a young middle man in Courtney Watson. So they take Johnson over Ahmad Brooks here.

Washington - Mike Williams, WR, USC
Washington could use a DE, but they've been good on D and they need to get more explosive on offense. The year away seems to have made everyone forget how good Williams is, he'll be everything Rod Gardner was supposed to be and more.

Dallas - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
Marcellus Wiley hasn't produced like Dallas had hoped. Kiwanuka gives them a great pure pass rusher in passing situations and could become a Pro Bowler down the road with added strength.

Tennessee - Alex Barron, OT, Florida State
The Titans have a big need at tackle. They'll likely sure up one side in free agency and they'll go after the top tackles in the draft. Right now, which player that is is unclear and whoever emerges from the pack will probably go here.

Kansas City - Ahmad Brooks, ILB, Virginia
Brooks is only a redshirt sophomore and he is definitely raw but he has as much upside potential as any other player in the draft. Kansas City certainly needs the help on defense, and if they don't go receiver here, they'll take the best defensive player available and in this situation, it's Brooks.

Chicago - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
The Bears have had problems protecting the passer. Marc Colombo has not been the player they thought he'd be when they took him in the 1st Round and that creates a big problem opposite John Tait. Ferguson is raw, but very athletic and in a draft where most of the prospects are right side prospects, that will make him a hot commodity.

Detroit - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
Detroit has gotten solid play out of Dre Bly, but Fernando Bryant hasn't shown he can hold up as the starter on the other side. Keith Smith has potential but is raw, so getting another CB with starting ability is going to be key in this draft.

Carolina - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
Brenston Buckner is gettin older and if Carolina wants to keep it's defense near the top of the league, keeping that line strong is the key. Wright is very explosive and combine

RMANCIL
12-15-2004, 07:07 PM
San Fransisco - Pacman Jones, CB, West Virginia
SF still doesn't have a shutdown corner, Jones and Shawntae Spencer would be a nice combo though.

Philadelphia (MIA) - Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee
Dhani Jones is solid on one side, but on the other side, the Eagles lack athleticism and speed. Burnett has plenty of that and can be a starter from day one.

Cleveland - Andrew Whitworth, OT, LSU
Offensive Line problems are frequent for Cleveland. Whitworth doesn't get a lot of attention, but he has all pro potential.

Oakland - Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona State
QB of the future? Oakland needs one and Walter will have the time he needs to develop behind Kerry Collins.

Arizona - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
Arizona just hasn't had luck with drafting defensive linemen. Hopefully they can change that here with Cody.

New Orleans - Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
Williams' stock is rising, New Orleans could play him anywhere in the secondary, but have the biggest needs at CB and FS.

Washington - Bill Swancutt, DE, Oregon State
Washington needs a pass rusher and Swancutt has been one of the best in the nation at just that this season.

Dallas - JR Russell, WR, Louisville
Quincy Morgan might not be back and Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn are both nearing the ends of their careers. Terrence Copper has shown potential, but the Boys need a young, potential go-to prospect. Russell has that type of ability and is a good fit here.

Tennessee - Alex Smith, QB, Utah
Steve McNair plans to retire and Billy Volek has yet to show that he can play mistake free football. Urban Meyer's departure may cause Smith to declare.

Kansas City - Terrence Murphy, WR, Texas A&M
The Chiefs need a big play receiver. Murphy has the speed to potentially be that player.

Chicago - Alex Smith, TE, Stanford
Desmond Clark has been solid, but Smith is a potential steal here. He has great hands and athleticism and the Bears are a team that traditionally likes to use their TEs.

Detroit - David Baas, G, Michigan
David Loverne has been a revolving door this year. Baas has the toughness and run blocking skills the Lions need to improve their offense.

Carolina - Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn
The right tackle situation must be solidified for the Panthers, 6'9, 340 is pretty solid.

Tampa Bay - Eric Shelton, RB, Louisville
The Bucs need a feature back, and if Shelton declares, he has as much talent as any other back in the draft.

NY Giants - Lance Mitchell, ILB, Oklahoma
Giants need a run stuffing inside backer, Mitchell has proven that he's recovered from his injury.

Houston - Gabriel Watson, DT, Michigan
If Watson declares, he's one of the better nose tackle prospects in the draft and could end up being the big key in Houston's 3-4 defense.

Buffalo - CJ Brooks, G, Maryland
The Bills need some depth on the O-Line especially at Guard. Brooks can wait a year or two and step in for Chris Villarrial.

Cinncinati - Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU
Rich Brahm and Jerry Fontenont are an aging duo at center, so the top Center in the draft, Wilkerson is a great pick here.

St.Louis - Antonio Perkins, CB, Oklahoma
The Rams are still searching for stability at corner. Perkins has the speed and playmaking ability this team has always liked.

Jacksonville - Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska
DeWayne Washington is starting on one side, and that's definitely a spot the Jags would like to upgrade. Washington hasn't gotten much attention because of Nebraska's struggles, but he's been one of the Cornhuskers' best performers.

Denver - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
The Bronco DTs are solid, but they don't have that one guy who can anchor the line and control the point of attack. Ngata is a huge plugger who could develop into their stud in the middle.

Seattle - Daryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia
Injuries have ravaged the Seattle linebacking corps, but either way, Chad Brown and Anthony Simmons are getti

RMANCIL
12-15-2004, 07:37 PM
http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2005/mockdraft.shtml

Last Updated December 13, 2004
Here's the latest DraftKing.com 2005 NFL Draft first round prediction. Thanks to the AFC/NFC disparity, there will be good AFC teams not in the playoffs and at least two iffy-at-best NFC teams which will make it (and yes NFC West, I'm talking to you: Seattle and St. Louis, you get to play the Cardinals and 49ers twice EACH.) But San Francisco had best be careful; keep up the winning ways and the #1 pick might slip to an AFC team, ironically enough.
1. San Francisco 49ers - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
2. Miami Dolphins - Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
3. Cleveland Browns - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
4. Oakland Raiders - Mike Williams, WR, USC
5. Washington Redskins - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
6. Arizona Cardinals - Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
7. Kansas City Chiefs - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
8. New Orleans Saints - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
9. Tennessee Titans - Alex Barron, OT, Florida State
10. Chicago Bears - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
11. San Diego Chargers (from NY Giants) - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
12. Houston Texans - Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
13. Dallas Cowboys - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
15. Detroit Lions - David Pollack, DE, Georgia
16. Cincinnati Bengals - Channing Crowder, ILB, Georgia
17. Carolina Panthers - Corey Webster, CB, LSU
18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
19. Dallas Cowboys (from Buffalo Bills) - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
20. Denver Broncos - Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
21. Baltimore Ravens - Fred Gibson, WR, Georgia
22. New York Jets - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
23. Minnesota Vikings - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
24. St. Louis Rams - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
25. Seattle Seahawks - Elton Brown, OG, Virginia
26. San Diego Chargers - Michael Munoz, OT, Tennessee
27. Green Bay Packers - Andrew Walter, QB, Arizona State
28. Indianapolis Colts - Antonio Perkins, CB, Oklahoma
29. Atlanta Falcons - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaun Cody, DT, USC
31. Philadelphia Eagles - Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
32. New England Patriots - James Butler, S, Georgia Tech

This is a pretty good mock .

Chargeroo
12-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Looking at that draft, the Bolts second pick - I'd rather see them pick Cody at that spot or even Butler.

Gadzooks
12-20-2004, 09:02 AM
If we got Braylon Edwards I'd probably pee my pants due to the excitement. That guy's gonna be a player. From the games I've watched: he's a high motor guy with alot of heart great hands, route running, etc... The complete package.

phicart
12-20-2004, 01:16 PM
I'll make this short. Shazor is from Michigan. He is 6'4" and 229 and ran a 10.7 100 meter dash in high school. He is EXACTLY what the Chargers need. I must admit, however, that I am from Michigan and totally biased. My dream would be to see the Chargers get Shazor, Braylon Edwards and Marlin Jackson. Edwards at 6'3" and 208 will become a monster in the NFL. He comes from an NFL family as his dad, James, played for the Oilers and the Lions. In addition to a killer football wide reciever, Braylon ran track in the high jump, the 60m and the 200m dashes. Marlin Jackson has been rated the number one corner back in the country since HIGH SCHOOL! He also lettered in basketball while in high school and we all know what former basketball players from the midwest can do on a football field. Gotta stop...thinking of Jammer and Jackson at the corners is making me drool all over my computer.

drangus
12-20-2004, 03:43 PM
chargers draft
1a--derrick johnson texas (pick#7) from NYG
1b--jammal brown oklahoma (pick#22) from Dallas for Drew Brees
1c--shaun cody southern cal (pick#28) our pick
2--free safety not sure who
3--(from dallas for brees trade) ol depth
4--lb depth i.e. kirk morrison
5--ol depth
6--dl depth
7--punt returner specialist (because tim dwight won't be back-cap-)
free agents----- this year is a great year for getting a cheap starting caliber widout because so many teams are already set at the position and there will be at least three really good ones that cannot be resigned by their teams i.e. muhammad, porter, horn.

guimcharger
12-20-2004, 11:06 PM
A outstanding pass rusher is what we need.

RMANCIL
12-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by: phicart
I'll make this short. Shazor is from Michigan. He is 6'4" and 229 and ran a 10.7 100 meter dash in high school. He is EXACTLY what the Chargers need. I must admit, however, that I am from Michigan and totally biased. My dream would be to see the Chargers get Shazor, Braylon Edwards and Marlin Jackson. Edwards at 6'3" and 208 will become a monster in the NFL. He comes from an NFL family as his dad, James, played for the Oilers and the Lions. In addition to a killer football wide reciever, Braylon ran track in the high jump, the 60m and the 200m dashes. Marlin Jackson has been rated the number one corner back in the country since HIGH SCHOOL! He also lettered in basketball while in high school and we all know what former basketball players from the midwest can do on a football field. Gotta stop...thinking of Jammer and Jackson at the corners is making me drool all over my computer.

Shazor looks like he will be a good player in the N.F.L. It looks like at this point he is rated as a late first round to a second round selection. Butler from GT is another player who will get a lot of looks. He lacks the size of Shazor but most do.

Donte Nicholson is another to keep a eye on ,he has real good ball speed and would be a upgrade for us.
At this time he should be on the board round 2#.

RMANCIL
12-22-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo
Looking at that draft, the Bolts second pick - I'd rather see them pick Cody at that spot or even Butler.

Munoz should be a pretty good ol however he does have a injury history that will hurt him in the draft.
Cody from USC or OU????

Have you seen Cody play from USC? What did you think??