PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

guimcharger
11-28-2004, 10:27 PM
If Brees keeps on playing like this forget Rivers sign Brees as a franchise player. See how the competition goes next year between them. If Brees wins the starting job then trade Rivers after the season is over. If Rivers wins the starting job then we would have the N.F.L.'s best back up in Drew Brees. But the way things are going I think Brees is going to be our starting QB for many years to come!

Chargeraven
11-28-2004, 10:52 PM
I agree wholeheartedly - we can't let a player of this calibre walk!! I agree that having both in camp and let the coaches fairly evaluate the two is the best option. Brees is so good right now... at least if he's tagged and traded the front office can dictate his not ending up with a division rival, which would be VERY NOT GOOD, as you'd all agree I'm sure

Chargers
11-28-2004, 11:42 PM
What scares me is if Brees walks and then PR comes in and this team takes a step back (kind of like KC 13-3 last year to 3-8 this year).

BreesLightning
11-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: Chargers
What scares me is if Brees walks and then PR comes in and this team takes a step back (kind of like KC 13-3 last year to 3-8 this year).

Drew will only walk if the Bolts dont offer him a fair contract. He wants to stay a charger. Francising him will be a mistake. AJ needs to sign him to a long term deal. Too many teams need a quality QB and will offer him major $$$ in free agency.

guimcharger
11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: BreesLightning

Originally posted by: Chargers

Drew will only walk if the Bolts dont offer him a fair contract. He wants to stay a charger. Francising him will be a mistake. AJ needs to sign him to a long term deal. Too many teams need a quality QB and will offer him major $$$ in free agency.

Brees will take the franchise tag over a long term contract because he is guarented that money for that year no matter what. He can't sign a contract that will give him 9.00 million in year.

BreesLightning
11-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: guimcharger
[quote]
Originally posted by: BreesLightning

Brees will take the franchise tag over a long term contract because he is guarented that money for that year no matter what. He can't sign a contract that will give him 9.00 million in year.

I disagree, why take 9 mill short term? What if he gets hurt during that year? $50 mill over 7 or 8 years is better then $9 for one year and a risk of getting hurt .