PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre - Overrated????

stamm321
11-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I almost cant stand watching this MNF game! all this love slurping slobber on brett fav-ra's ****!!!!
ENOUGH!
So the dude shows up to work for 200 straight games! so the hell what!

yes yes i know.. tough thing to do.. its a record.. bla bla bla
but does it have to dominate the entire broadcast??
do we have to give allegience to brett favre every 30 seconds??

tonight they dubbed him "the face of the nfl.. the :michael jordan: of football..."

idiotic statement - favres a good qb.. hell.. a great qb. but no player deserves the hype this guy gets. 3hours of a brett lovefest destroys mnf.

**End of Rant **

spysnipedis
11-29-2004, 10:10 PM
funny they are talking about how they were going to put Brett Favre on the horse trailer before the game LOL

mgpretzel
11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
That is because Madden is in LOVE with Brett. He has is head so far up Brett's butt.

stamm321
11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
gawd.. there they go again

Al michaels to john madden...
how many games has brett favre played in....

200!
omg really?? hes amazing..

yes john he sure is amazing
wait a minute al, did you mean 200 football games?

yes john. were the color commentary for football.. so.. yes.. 200 football games

wow al! brett sure looks good!
thats because weve been kissing and slobbering all over it tonight john...
well lets put him on the horse trailer....

gawd.. no more mnf with greenbay for me.. i cant stand it!

winburgh
11-29-2004, 10:22 PM
The guys been through alot this year and is Mr.Consistency so he deserves a little bit of it just maybe not as much as they've been doing.

pgorsy
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
The Packers certainly have been getting there share of Monday and Sunday night exposure. I admire Brett, and like winburgh said, dude's been down some bad road lately.

drangus
11-29-2004, 11:43 PM
That statement is just idiotic! The thing that seperates this league from others is that it doesn't depend on particular players as much as others for representation. No disrespect to brett ( he has been a great qb that has also thrown a ton of picks) but this league, if not the packers, will be just fine the day he retires. In ten years they'll be talking about brees in the same way and us san diegans will be eating it up pretty much the same way those cheeseheads did tonight!

JerryinCA
11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
That's why I can't stand watching Packers or Falcons games. If the commentators would stop drooling all over Favre and Vick maybe I could stomach watching these teams but every time either of them complete a pass they act like they are the first to do it and then when they make a bad throw or an INT it's almost glossed over. One thing I have to say is at least the MNF crew can talk about other things but if you get stuck watching one of these guys on ESPN on sunday nights forget it! Thiesman (spelling) has gotta go.

SuperMatt
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
C'mon guys. 200 straight starts. The last guy to hold the record was Jaws at 116. Favre has played through more pain than I've prolly seen in my life. Broken thumb, no big deal, Dad's dead, let's have a jaw-dropping performance to boost your team into the playoffs. Favre has not only started 200 straight, he's been the Green Bay Packers Heart and Soul for 200 games. He's been incredibly succesful, entertaining and all-around good guy. He's fought through so much and he's always been a class act. When was the last time you heard Favre was convicted of a DUI? Attempted murder in a night club? Sexual assault? When was the last time you heard of Brett Favre denying someone an autograph, pumping himself up or hogging the spotlight?

We could use more guys like Favre in the NFL and you all know it. Who else hands the ball off and fakes a throw in a silly manner that makes you think back to the days on the schoolyard? The guy loves the game and has given his life to it and it's fans. I think he deserves a MNF spotlight and asskissing everyj 200 or so straight.

ratchit21
11-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by: SuperMatt
C'mon guys. 200 straight starts. The last guy to hold the record was Jaws at 116. Favre has played through more pain than I've prolly seen in my life. Broken thumb, no big deal, Dad's dead, let's have a jaw-dropping performance to boost your team into the playoffs. Favre has not only started 200 straight, he's been the Green Bay Packers Heart and Soul for 200 games. He's been incredibly succesful, entertaining and all-around good guy. He's fought through so much and he's always been a class act. When was the last time you heard Favre was convicted of a DUI? Attempted murder in a night club? Sexual assault? When was the last time you heard of Brett Favre denying someone an autograph, pumping himself up or hogging the spotlight?

We could use more guys like Favre in the NFL and you all know it. Who else hands the ball off and fakes a throw in a silly manner that makes you think back to the days on the schoolyard? The guy loves the game and has given his life to it and it's fans. I think he deserves a MNF spotlight and asskissing everyj 200 or so straight.

Well said. Favre is an all around great guy. He deserves the title as the 'face of the NFL' because he is an exemplary player. He plays for nothing more than the love of the game and is the definition of a team player. He is respected by everyone in the NFL and if nothing else, you cant but admire a guy that has done nothing other than set THE example of what a true professional athelete should be in a sport full of prima donnas.

Kwakothunder
11-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Just because the Media wants to have this Farve love in, shouldn't detract from what this guy has done for the sport. If you listened to what Farve said during the braodcast you would know all you need to know. They guy is all heart. His passion for the game is very similar to certain Chargers RB.

winburgh
11-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by: pedro
In ten years they'll be talking about brees in the same way and us san diegans will be eating it up pretty much the same way those cheeseheads did tonight!

And what will happen to Rivers in the meantime? Be a multi-millionaire back up?

pgorsy
11-30-2004, 03:24 AM
Unfortunately, it seems some folks would rather trash-talk than give people their due. Brett has backed up all the boasts made about him, game after game, season after season. John Madden knows a thing or two about quarterbacks, and if he thinks Brett's the best thing since sliced cheese, that's good enough for me. Another thing about Brett is the love he gets from his team mates. He really is special. You may be able to name another athlete today who inspires the way Brett does, but I can't. Too bad some people can't appreciate a good thing when they see it.

pgorsy
11-30-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by: stamm321

200!

yes john. were the color commentary for football.. so.. yes.. 200 football games

wow al! bretts a** sure looks good!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

This is just an absolutely pitiful post written by someone with no appreication of class, honor, respect, or knowledge of the sport they are ostensibly commenting on.

stamm321
11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by: pgorsy

Originally posted by: stamm321

200!

wow al! bretts a** sure looks good!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

This is just an absolutely pitiful post written by someone with no appreication of class, honor, respect, or knowledge of the sport they are ostensibly commenting on.

And your reply, Sir, is moronic.
To trash me for getting sick of a 3 hour love fest when I wanted to watch a Football game shows that you didnt read the entire post
I do give Favre his due. hes a great qb. hes a great person.he has done alot for football. he has done alot of great things.. and we all know it! but just in case we forgot what his life has been like, what relatives have passed in his family recently, what parents have died, where he went to college, the status of his wifes chest, what his favorite team was growing up, that he didnt know where green bay was when they drafted him, what he ate for dinner last night, and the night before.....ENOUGH!

I dont tune in to MNF to hear about Favre every two damn seconds. its fine to acknowlege him, and appropriate - but it is not doing him or the sport any good to ignore the rest of the players on the field.
he is not the Jordan of football. There are better players than brett favre. when you start ignoring plays to kiss bretts butt every two seconds, your doing the fans and the sport a disservice and ive had all i can stand of MNF and the Packers crap!

stamm321
11-30-2004, 08:42 AM
oh.. one more thing..
This morning on the news Favre even said the commentators went over the top and all the extra attention was a DISTRACTION from the game FOR HIM!

He couldnt even stand the lovefest they were having! go figure!

Chargers
11-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Brett is solid butttt..........alot of his passes he just throws up for grabs and his receivers make the plays i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

JerryinCA
11-30-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't think the people that are sticking up for Favre really read the posts, they had nothing to do with Favre's play or his character it was all about the commentators going over board. I've seen and heard all the things about Favre that have been on in the past few years and he does seem like a very nice down to earth kinda guy who loves what he's doing and he is good at it but we all get that so why do the commentators need to shove it down our throats for 3 plus hours? their are 10 other people on his team alone out there with him while he's on offense and they get about 10 seconds of air time before it goes back to Brett again and that's a shame.

SuperMatt
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by: Chargers
Brett is solid butttt..........alot of his passes he just throws up for grabs and his receivers make the plays

Funny how they never make plays after they leave Favre. The guy certainly does heave it up sometimes, but he somehow manages to put it in just the right place. He's a HoFer for sure, and has accepted his responsibilty as a role model. Not too many of today's athletes can say the same.

riverhead
12-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Favre is as tough as nails..uh ...for a Quarterback that is. Gutsy performer. The kind of guy that you want on your team. A players player.

DAWGJMILLER95
12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
You dont know what your talking about man. This is Brett Favre, one of the best QB's to ever play football, the 200 game record shows how tough this man is. In no way at all is he overrated, this is Brett Favre, one of the best QB's in the league.

riverhead
12-04-2004, 07:13 PM
As much as I might think that alot of QBs should wear skirts. The truth is you have to be a tough competitor with an even
tougher character. You gotta think, read, anticipate and execute. I do not think that you can go overboard to much with a guy
like Favre. Having said that, I also think that alot of folks do not get the credit they so well deserve. Namely the Offensive Line.
The heart and success of any football team is there. Oh yea and mean, nasty defense. Man I love D.

stamm321
12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: DAWGJMILLER95
You dont know what your talking about man. This is Brett Favre, one of the best QB's to ever play football, the 200 game record shows how tough this man is. In no way at all is he overrated, this is Brett Favre, one of the best QB's in the league.

Apparently you didnt read the title to this post. it say Brett Favre overated, probably not, over hyped, hell yes!

PhillyFan
12-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Bret who? So much for consecutives TD's.