PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Questions

Semperfidelis48
11-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Ok guys we have two first round draft picks and no glaring holes, a very new site for us Charger fans, but what do you really think we should do and are going to come Draft day?

In my personal opinion I really like the idea of getting Kirk Morrison with the latter of our two picks. As for the first pick I've heard a lot of things but I am still not sure. Some say we might get Braylon Edwards, but I'm not sure our pick is going to be that high. And don't get me wrong, Edwards is probably my favorite college player and I would love him being a charger, but is that our biggest need. We still need to solidify our pass defense probably with a solid D-linemen to go along with Igor. And maybe we can wait til the second round for some defense because it seems to be abundant in this draft. Also what about Ahmad Brooks out of Virginia. He's considered one of the top linebackers and I think we might be in a position to grab him.

Finally, is there any chance we trade our two picks to get a higher pick?

Just looking for opinions other than mine and trying to find out who has the best chance of putting on the best uniforms in football on next year.

Chargeroo
11-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Long way to go so things like injury and Free agency may have an impact on our draft. I'd kind of look for them to go defense with the first picks but if the Giants keep losing we could get a crack at a big time WR with that early pick. Tough choice though because we could sure use one of those great pass rushing DE's too or a LB that's a big time play maker.

guimcharger
11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
I say they need a other DE. With the second first round pick take a linebacker to be groomed behind Godfrey and Edwards. Second round and beyond they may want to draft some more linemen just to get more depth.

es0pl4ya
12-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I think we will take Marcus Spears with one of the first round picks

juniors04200
12-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I think we need to really take a look at a wide receiver and a defensive end. I hope we could pick up Mike williams with the first pick. Mike is a very big target with good hands and has the ability to run block. With the addition of Williams he would go good with Gates, Parker, Caldwell, and Brees. having Keenan right now that can be Williams teacher over the next few years. Chargers franchise is looking really strong right now hopefully we make it stronger this April.

Semperfidelis48
12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I can already almost gurantee we won't get Williams. Neither one of our picks are going to be that high. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping we get a shot and Braylon Edwards. And we do need a lineback to eventually replace Edwards or Godfrey, as well as a d-linemen to up our pass rush, but I personally think we could get a top notch reciever first, then a good linebacker, and w/ our second round pick grab some dline

urlacher54
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
We need a TOP NOTCH reciever and a HARD HITTING safety thats what we need. Who is jerry wilson? Hes so small he doesnt scare anyone. need a rodney harrison type player alongside kiel, but that would be cool if we could get kirk morrision and bylan edwards