PDA

View Full Version : Some Giants fans are starting to fear Eli and "bust"...

Thunderstruck
12-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Here's a link to a thread on Eli at Giants Insider. They haven't jumped off the bridge yet, but I think they are starting to have some...lingering doubts?

Gnats-Insider (http://mb6.scout.com/fgiantsfansfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=23898.top ic&start=1&stop=20)

squabble
12-01-2004, 03:53 AM
It is way too early for them to be thinking bust, they should look at how bad their line is before judging ... With all that said I think it was only his name and all the hype that allowed Manning to go anywhere near that early and those are the sort of things that can make a bust!

Chargeraven
12-01-2004, 10:41 AM
one word - KARMA

JDaySoCal
12-01-2004, 10:43 AM
I agree that the G-Nats should wait for a half-way decent o-line before calling Eli a bust. Until then, let the Eli smashings continue!

infoxicated
12-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Although I'm going to love it every time I see Eli take a huge hit this season, I cant believe he'll be a bust.

The Manning family just have a way of delivering... spoiled brats, mostly, but decent quarterbacks on top of that. I doubt he'll be as good as his brother, but I reckon he'll be a solid quarterback in the years to come.

But for the price of Eli Manning, we got a future franchise quarterback, a solid kicker, and what's looking like a very good pick in the first round next May. I'd say the Bolts got the better deal than the Giants are getting for their money. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

michael
12-01-2004, 10:57 AM
we made a much better deal....no doubt about it.

phillipb2
12-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Since it looks like SD will 'work' out a solution to the new stadium problem...I hope it's not the Colts who move to LA. No Manning's in Cal should be a bumper sticker.Text

Rip
12-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by: phillipb2
Since it looks like SD will 'work' out a solution to the new stadium problem...I hope it's not the Colts who move to LA. No Manning's in Cal should be a bumper sticker.Text

The only problem i would have with the colts moving to LA is the manning factor. Just imagine it, there would be a Manning in LA and NYC! They would be everwhere, every channel, every Magazine. We would NEVER see the end of it

SDynasty
12-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Way too early to jump off of the sheli bandwagon...that NY being NY.

JerryinCA
12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I live in the LA county and even with them winning I don't know one person that wants the Colts here. I am fine with us not having a team and even if we got one I'd still be a Chargers supporter. I can't stand those Mannings.

As far as Eli being a bust? I know it sounds messed up but I hope he is, I doubt he will be though. I think anyone who would be this down on a rookie after their second start even as pathetic as it was probably has no business even watching this game. People take time to learn, I just hope he keeps getting smacked up while he continues his on the job training and while he gets smacked up I hope his big brother gets knocked around a few times too just so he doesn't feel left out.

drdro007
12-01-2004, 05:29 PM
It's way to early to tell if he is going to let the Manning name die. But for him being a whiny little momma's boy, he put himself in a situation with alot more pressure and the spotlight to produce. If he would've just been a man about the situation and been happy to be picked #1 by any team. He's pretty ungrateful about the opportunity and you can tell he has always had everything handed to him. His brother Peyton I respect, because he made the Colts from nobody to somebody you fear. He could have been sitting pretty in San Diego just like Rivers is doing right now until called upon.

Sdboltz619
12-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Bust! Eli's career will last only 4 years. You heard it here first

kingporterblood
12-03-2004, 07:16 AM
Talent will take you so far, but you know character is a valued quality in anything you do, so until he makes up for his shallow character he will have problems, I`m ready to move on and leave the sucker alone until we face the giant dummy>