PDA

View Full Version : sd vs peyton

jhlora
12-01-2004, 04:38 PM
i know the chargers next games are all easy to win. but the one against indy looks tough on paper.
But for christmas all i want is for the defense to pretend peyton is eli and make him regret what his family did to san diego chargers and fans

Bolts4Life21
12-01-2004, 05:15 PM
It's definitely a winnable game. I'm hoping we embarass them in their own house and go charging into the playoffs. Go Bolts!

LTisbetter
12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
But for christmas all i want is for the defense to pretend peyton is eli and make him regret what his family did to san diego chargers and fans[/quote]

What did Eli do? Not getting Eli was the greatest thing possible!!!!!!!!!!!! Eli would have torn our team apart. He took more pressure off of Brees because the first time Brees would have made a mistake, Marty would have put Eli in and he would have sucked just like he's doing now. Instead, we have a QB whose experienced, calm in the pocket, has great instincts, doesn't make mistakes, and has led our team to 5 straight wins. Many people talk about the Chargers being in a lose/lose situation, but I consider it a win/win situation. We have the choice of Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers next year, one QB that has proven himself this year, and one QB who has a hunger for competing. Don't overlook Rivers though, he looks good.

guimcharger
12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
colts may be a overated team in my opion. they are good but not a super bowl team because of the lack of the defense. I think the chargers match up well with the colts offensively and defensivly it is no comparison that our defense is better than theirs. i expect it to be close with the bolts out on top.

broncossuck7
12-02-2004, 10:33 AM
we got the divis but 4 this game i think were ***

MaddenChamp
12-02-2004, 12:34 PM
i think we can get win this game by 10. jerry wilson and terrance kiel will have to step up this game.. n i think quentin jammer will contain marvin harrison.

CHARGERNATION
12-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I would love to see our boys LITE UP Manning!! What a great X-mas gift to our fans

MaddenChamp
12-02-2004, 02:53 PM
i think we might see that too chargernation. im thinkin foley gonna do it

LTisbetter
12-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by: broncossuck7
we got the divis but 4 this game i think were ***

Our defense is not as bad as you think. They mix up their schemes enough to confuse some QBs. If our offense plays well, we can win this game, even if it is in Indy! The key is to stay consistent on offense and do just enough mixing up our defense to force a couple turnovers.

misterbigjoe
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
all it takes is a good couple of hits on peyton and i believe this team will fall apart. you got to shake his confidence and not let him get too damn comfortable.

guimcharger
12-02-2004, 06:15 PM
another tid bit about the colts they really haven't played anyone in the past couple of weeks.

kingporterblood
12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Offensly we can keep up with them no doubt, but just think if we can get a couple to`s which I believe we will to win this game and send a message that we are not to be over looked and taken very serious!

winburgh
12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Control the clock, attack peyton, and create turnovers. Keys to every game really.

kingporterblood
12-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by: jhlora
i know the chargers next games are all easy to win. but the one against indy looks tough on paper.
But for christmas all i want is for the defense to pretend peyton is eli and make him regret what his family did to san diego chargers and fans

There is never any easy games in the NFL except on paper, I think eli already regrets going to the midgets and all he did was insult us just like many other teams have, but look at us now we are standing tall with great pride, lets just ride this as long as we can and snatch us some SuperBowl wins on the way!

phillipb2
12-06-2004, 04:46 PM
New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com
Major Tom's
losing control

Monday, December 6th, 2004
ELI WHO????????????? If he keeps loosing maybe a top 10 draft pick for the Chargers.

LANDOVER - Tom Coughlin has failed the Giants. He's been unable to impose his will on his players and prevent a repeat of the humiliation they experienced last year.
Coughlin is no strategical genius. His discipline, attention to detail and ability to lead got him this job. But after their surprising 5-2 start, the Giants have suffered another complete meltdown and lost their last five games. The 2005 season starts today after the 31-7 no-show against the Redskins.

"It's my responsibility," Coughlin said. "I take it fully."

The intrigue over the last four games is not if the Giants can make the playoffs in the watered-down NFC, it's whether Coughlin can beat Jim Fassel's eight-game season-ending losing streak by losing his last nine. And it's whether Eli Manning will show anything over the last month after showing next to nothing in his three starts. His offense has produced one touchdown and 16 points in 12 quarters and was shut out by the Redskins.

When the Giants were winning, the barking about Coughlin and his overbearing rules and his regimentation subsided. But now with the Giants in a slide that Coughlin has been unable to reverse, the edginess has returned.

"The focus is too much on beating him during the week instead of beating the other team - avoid fines, being five minutes early to meetings, trying to be perfect all week," one Giants source said after yesterday's game. "You have to fight two battles and you can only win one. That causes you not to win. People might be drained or not focused by the time the week comes to an end."

Is Coughlin losing the team? "I think we don't have much of a team anymore," the source said. "Look who's in there. I don't know anybody on our team."

Coughlin very much needs to win a game to restore his credibility.

It didn't seem to matter so much one month ago that the Giants don't have their first-round pick in April, which they included in the package to get Manning. But if they can't get a couple of victories in the last four games against the Ravens, Steelers, Bengals and Cowboys, that could be a top-10 pick that belongs to San Diego. GM Ernie Accorsi, who hasn't put together a quality offensive line the last two seasons, better make sure he has the cap space to bring in some protection and playmakers next season for Manning.

Coughlin called the injuries that decimated the Giants last year a "cancer," but he doesn't have a cure. It seems half the Giants' defense is on injured reserve. But that is still no excuse for allowing Joe Gibbs to get nostalgic with his '80s offense and pound the ball like he had John Riggins in the backfield. Clinton Portis rushed for 148 yards.

The frustration was all over Coughlin's face after the game.

"There is no way I could describe it," he said. "It's an awful feeling and it's no different than anybody in that locker room. The frustration is not pushing the buttons to be able to change it around. The players are down when they lose a game, obviously."

Washington's offense, the lowest-scoring in the league, had not produced more than 18 points in any of its first 11 games. By halftime, it had 21 on the Giants with drives of 93 and 91 yards. And the Giants' offense has become a mess. "I've never been on a bad offense in my life and I'm not going to start right now," Jeremy Shockey said.

Manning was supposed to provide a spark and hope for the future. But other than the two 50-yard passes to Jamaar Taylor against the Eagles, he's been inept. He works in a system that is not quarterback-friendly. Between Coughlin and offensive coordinator John Hufnagel, there isn't a whole lot of creativity, but there is a whole lot of predictability.

The Redskins had

surfan
12-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Has anyone gotten hold of Archie Manning to ask him what he thinks about the Chargers NOW?
Or how he feels about that excitin' Eli's start in the NFL (that would be 0-3)?

VinnyC
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I believe the Indy game is the only tough game left on the schedual . We should be able to beat the bucs , browns and chiefs for a sweep like we did to the raiders . Those raiders fans should ware there gear only on holloween , bunch of freaks .

jhlora
12-08-2004, 11:04 AM
you right ltisbetter but im talking about the way he act as a human being. im happy he didin't came but for him to make a big deal about it no cool.

jhlora
12-08-2004, 11:10 AM
hey phillip thanks for getting the article very good.

PhillyFan
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
CHARGERS will beat Peon Manning.
The Colts play in a dome, just like the Falcons do, and the CHARGERS should've won that game.
As far as playing in a tough stadium, the CHARGERS already proved that they can handle that in KC.
As far as playing a team that throws the ball alot, the CHARGERS also proved that they can handle that as well, also against KC.
The CHARGERS have beaten teams that emulate the game playing of the Colts, which is why I believe that they will absolutely win in Indy.

CHARGERS 35
colts 28

Coltsby14
12-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: PhillyFan
CHARGERS will beat Peon Manning.
The Colts play in a dome, just like the Falcons do, and the CHARGERS should've won that game.
As far as playing in a tough stadium, the CHARGERS already proved that they can handle that in KC.
As far as playing a team that throws the ball alot, the CHARGERS also proved that they can handle that as well, also against KC.
The CHARGERS have beaten teams that emulate the game playing of the Colts, which is why I believe that they will absolutely win in Indy.

CHARGERS 35
colts 28

What are you smoking?

Colts will win by 14......

get over it.

Heck......your QB came from Indiana........

Peyton will show him how real football is played.........

GO COLTS!

chileanbolt
12-13-2004, 12:01 PM
yea u make me feel real confident after that houston game....u won by 7 and kitna could have tied it....so let me know how u feel u will beat us by 14?? thats what i thought...worry about this week before u play like u did yesterday

MohAztec
12-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Chargers just have to put more pressure on manning which I haven't seen much of. Make him feel not confident in the pocket and we are more likely to see him throw on the run. Here comes the big 3-4 D.

Swifty1812
12-14-2004, 11:54 AM
You guys have a tough team. I am not going to say it is impossible for you to win, but it seems you are all underestimating our defense. We are leading the AFC in sacks and have the highest turnover ratio. The main way to beat us is going to be to run the ball, because if it gets to be a shootout, you will have a very slim chance of winning, due to the fact that our Defensive front 4 have been on fire lately and also we have 6 targets to throw to, it will be hard to cover all 6.

But about it being a sure victory for us, I can't say that. This game, imo, will be one of the best of the season.

Good Luck

PhillyFan
12-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by: Swifty1812
You guys have a tough team. I am not going to say it is impossible for you to win, but it seems you are all underestimating our defense. We are leading the AFC in sacks and have the highest turnover ratio. The main way to beat us is going to be to run the ball, because if it gets to be a shootout, you will have a very slim chance of winning, due to the fact that our Defensive front 4 have been on fire lately and also we have 6 targets to throw to, it will be hard to cover all 6.

But about it being a sure victory for us, I can't say that. This game, imo, will be one of the best of the season.

Good Luck

The Bucs D was supposedly on fire recently as well, and that didn't matter now, did it. As far as running the ball to win the game goes, I sure LT will be more than happy to oblige you with that. Now as far as the CHARGERS D goes, how many times do you want to see Lil Manning get intercepted in the game, because your running game will be shutdown, yes it will.

jhlora
12-14-2004, 03:52 PM
good answer philly fan

Dan40
12-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by: Coltsby14

What are you smoking?

get over it.

GO COLTS!

Welcome, Colts fan. Coming in to smack a little too early, aren't you? Don't you have the Ravens to take care of this week? Here's hoping you return with substance next week.

Regards, 40.

Dan40
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM

Good Luck

Nobody's underestimating any aspect of the Colts game. The Colts are 10-3. Dwight Freeney is having a tremendous year. A Dungy-led D will more often than not overachieve past their talents, not underachieve (see Raiders' two tons of flunks this year). But when you say "I am not going to say it is impossible for you to win", it shows me you might take this team lightly and underestimating the Chargers D. Sure, the media hype is all about Peyton this, Peyton that, but the whole Colts team will have prove themselves with a win.

It will be a good game - in two weeks - this weekend is taking care of the Browns and former Browns.

chargertom
12-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by: Coltsby14
What are you smoking?
get over it.
GO DOLTS!

Yeah .... yeah .... yeah .... We've heard this same drivel from Dumbver, Jokeland, the Aints, Tampa, KC Jacksonville, and every other team who we have smoked. All we hear is 'our D is on fire ... or our O will score 125 points on your guys'. Guess what? Ain't happened, ain't gonna happen. We've lost three games by a combined total of 17 points. SEVENTEEN points!

Once we ring gayton's bell a few times, and flush him out of the pocket, he will get smashed. We stuff EJ at the line of scrimmage about 20 times in a row, before he quits trying. Game over. Gayton will be more worried about getting the crap knocked out of him, than finding the open man downfield.

Your 6 'weapons' you have to throw to will be victims. Can you say "Another Charger interception returned for a touchdown!!!'. We can!

Get real man ... Gayton ain't all that. Against Houston, he threw 2 quick TD's, and then all you could do was kick field goals. He got his bell rung and chased around, and he couldn't do squat after that. (And just so you know ... we OWNED Houston).

Get ready, dolt fans ... you're team is going down. Real football ... you probably think its on Madden 2005!!

Go Chargers!

Swifty1812
12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
This game will most likely be a proving point for both teams. Two of the bes offenses in the league facing off. I am excited about it. On the fact of the Ravens, I just dropped by here to see what was being posted and happened to see this thread. Am I personally overlooking the Ravens, no just curious what is going on with the last few teams we play.

On the interception comment, Since Peyton has the lowest int/td ratio, I doubt we will see a whole lot of those, especially if we have our whole O-line back.

But, I plan on seeing a great game.

Good Luck this week btw. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chileanbolt
12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
thanks swifty....u said we will need to run the ball against u guys which just made me real happy coming from a colt fan because that definantly wont be a problem so that makes me a little more confident, i think the bolts will watch the game against the texans and see how they slowed ur offense down. I dont underestimate ur defense but we dont give up sacks so i dont see u guys getting many against us also brees gets the ball out too fast...i see us putting up numbers thats for sure but it will go both ways....i really wouldnt look past the ravens because they have a pretty good defense and for some reason their offense is actually doing something....goodluck this week as we concentrate on the browns...next week will be awesome

SDSolidBalla
12-15-2004, 09:47 PM
the chargers secondary is very suspect. it gets torched the majority of the games there against a decent passing, even an average one like buccaneers. galloway and clayton made them look silly. peyton should have fun.

Hamburglar
12-15-2004, 09:49 PM
have confidence, we can stop peyton as long as you believe!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

brees2gates
12-15-2004, 10:43 PM
i personally like igors odds on making the manning family pay

Swifty1812
12-16-2004, 06:17 AM
The only part I disagree on is getting to Peyton. By next week we should have our O-line back to pretty much full, and when he has his full O-line he is rarely sacked.

Also on making the Manning family pay, why do you still have a grudge against them, if it wasn't for Eli not wanting to play for you, you would probably be 3-10.

So you should be thanking them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chileanbolt
12-16-2004, 10:23 AM
uh oh peyton is on SI he now just got jinxed and the worse part is that swifty put it on his avatar....u just keep getting me more and more confident everytime u come back...ur welcome here anytime i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif....oh and the eli thing...we dont thank him we laugh at him and just want everything bad to happen to him and his family thats all because it was his family that he listened to

Swifty1812
12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Well, on the SI jinx. I am not too worried about that, due to the fact that I don't believe in superstician, think that is how you spell it. If it is true, I say oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be our year. But I look at everything we have done this season and it is just hard for me to think that we do not have a good chance to go to the SB.

But many things can happen, so I guess we just sit back, relax and enjoy some football.

rule12b
12-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Well, on the SI jinx. I am not too worried about that, due to the fact that I don't believe in superstician, think that is how you spell it. If it is true, I say oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be our year. But I look at everything we have done this season and it is just hard for me to think that we do not have a good chance to go to the SB.

But many things can happen, so I guess we just sit back, relax and enjoy some football.

You post with class Swifty so welcome to the boards. I agree it will be one of the best games of the season. Psychologically we may have a slight edge because if we win, we will surely eliminate the remainder of critics who think we are pretenders. Lose badly and it will be "Dominant Indy" over the young rising, but not-ready for primetime Chargers. Our team reallllly doesn't want that.

I think we match up well with Indy since we stand a better chance than almost any of Indy's prior opponents of completely shutting down your running game. Hand it to Edge, he'll get stuffed, and very possibly turn the ball over. Look at the games we've played and the one constant is shutting down the run. Without the run, Peyton's play-action is just not as effective. He'll get yardage and completions of course, but he'll pay for them and lose the time of possession battle. We don't have a lot of sacks, for sure, but our D is geared toward pressure and containment in many of the games we've played.

As far as the COlts D goes, they are much better than people give them credit for however, their speed ends often come so far up the field, they take themselves out of plays. (SOme of our LB's make the same error). You guys are ripe for burns on screens and draws. Also, you just haven't been tested by an RB of LT's caliber, if he's healthy.

This one really could go either way, no doubt about it. If it was in our house, I'd say we've got it, period. In your house however, the edge may slip ever so slightly in your favor. It will be an epic battle though, I can hardly wait!

Swifty1812
12-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks.

On the aspect of shutting down The Edge I have to slightly disagree. I think you will be able to slow him down, but he is back to his old form, and like I noted earlier, our O-line should be back to full health. They are another part of the team that I feel is underrated, but that will have a huge effect on the chances of stopping him.

We have faced some good backs this season, i.e. Priest, Chris Brown, Ahman Green, Dominik Davis, and this week Jamal Lewis. We do not have an extremely dominant running defense, but our forte all season long has been to keep the opponent from scoring. Which if I remember correctly we are one of the tops in that category.

But I like I continue to say, I see this being a heck of a game, so Good Luck with the Brownies and see you next week.

chileanbolt
12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
i like ur confidence in THE edge but we are the best in the nfl at stopping RB's....i promise u there wont be a good amount of yards on us when it comes to ur running game better O-line or not...its just not going to happen....ur defense is 31st and so anything statement u make about ur D i really cant take too seriously....u give up yards and not as many points ive heard that before...but you will see LT and if we do get those yards we will score if we are in the red zone....if KC scored all over u guys we definantly will....not saying u guys wont score u guys do have peyton but please dont bank on edgerin getting many yards because thats just plain and simple not going to happen... we have had the last 8 teams let us oh but we have so and so and they end up with 70 or 80 yards rushing so urs wont be any different....just bank on peyton and hope to god ur defense can at least slow us down...should be fun

geekster
12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks.

On the aspect of shutting down The Edge I have to slightly disagree. I think you will be able to slow him down, but he is back to his old form, and like I noted earlier, our O-line should be back to full health. They are another part of the team that I feel is underrated, but that will have a huge effect on the chances of stopping him.

We have faced some good backs this season, i.e. Priest, Chris Brown, Ahman Green, Dominik Davis, and this week Jamal Lewis. We do not have an extremely dominant running defense, but our forte all season long has been to keep the opponent from scoring. Which if I remember correctly we are one of the tops in that category.

But I like I continue to say, I see this being a heck of a game, so Good Luck with the Brownies and see you next week.

Hi Swifty1812 - have been enjoying your posts thus far - welcome aboard the Chargers Forums.

I think the single most surprising thing about the Chargers this season is that they have made it "our forte" to score in the red-zone... Couldn't agree more, this is going to be one heck of a game and I predict a scoring "shoot-out". i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Reaching the same level as the Colts and Pats has been the goal of this team all season long - and they have continued to work on it - to improve - and to learn from each game. We fans are seriously hoping that the team "peaks" against your Colts at just the right time.... My only regret is that this one will be played in your house rather than ours - I would have LOVED to see our 12th man get the opportunity to hoot and holler when Peyton and Co. were on the field.

Again, Welcome ABOARD!

chargertom
12-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey swifty ... welcome to the boards. I agree that this is going to be a huge battle between two great teams. Of course, being a Charger fan I think we'll come out on top. I see us trying to get a few hits in on Peyton, and stuffing James at the line of scrimmage about 20 times, forcing your passing game.

Like Geekster, I'd love to play this game in San Diego because the fans have been rocking the Q. Opponents can't audible, make adjustments at the line, and are drawn offsides by our fan-atics making some NOISE!

But we'll take a win in Indy. After watching Houston play you guys, and knowing how well we did against Houston ... I see us being able to match up with the Colts, and give them a heckuva game.

Good luck. It should be a real barn-burner.

Go Chargers!!

Swifty1812
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Our D can't be based all on yards, that doesn't tell anything, imo. They force turnovers better than any team in the league, note the +16 turnover ratio. That is the biggest thing Dungy has pushed on this D is to force turnovers and get our O on the field to rack up the points. That is exactly what we did throughout November. Now we did start off a bit rocky in Dec. but like alot of people say, it is harder to beat a team the second time around, and that was proven last week in Houston. Yes, they did get to Peyton, but we were missing 2 starting linemen and the two backups are a Rookie and a 2nd year, and also our starting guard was playing center, so in all actuallity they should have gotten to Peyton alot more, yet they still let Edge hit 100. I am just saying don't underestimate our O-line, them, along with our D, are underrated by the league and that is what has hurt most teams this season.

The past few weeks we have had people on our boards telling us how our D is so bad and they are going to score like mad on us, and we have yet to really be blown out, all of our losses are by 1 TD or less.

There are two Rookies in our Defensive secondary that I think will make a huge factor and they are Jason David and Bob Sanders (if he is back for this game). Jason has 4 ints on the season and has shown that he is a huge playmaker and Bob, well he has only played in 5 games and has 30+ tackles, he is a monster of a Saftey and a heck of a Special Teams player. Our D seems to have a new spirit when he starts, so it will be interesting. Plus to add more to our D we have the #1 and 3 sack leaders in Mathis and Freeny, so Brees might have a rough day ahead of him. I also think I remember Cato June being up there in the league in tackles, but I'm not sure.

But overall it should be a good game, just figured I would throw some info at ya to argue my case. Sorry it was such a long post. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

spysnipedis
12-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Great post swift.

All i know is, Close game. under 30 points.

My prediction

24 - 27

It can go either way.