PDA

View Full Version : I am a Bronco Fan...

paperclips
12-02-2004, 11:55 AM
So here goes Bolts fans.
I gotta hand it to those chargers this year. The teams that beat ya were all good at the time they won. You beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead, Never easy to do, though this year may be an exception give all people have to do is keep up with their offence and maybe stop them a few times. This is test that we (the Broncos will have to face as well).
You beat the Jags and this is not easy either.
Your point margins are nice, and it was a pretty close game at mile high.
All the smack talk in the world wont change the fact the both teams need this win.
Bolts still have to play Indy at Indy, with Manning in perfect conditions, and the Chargers not having the best Pass defense in the league, it could get ugly. Indy is coming to Denver, where they are playing in December. Manning sucks under pressure. Denver’s chance at getting one game up on the bolts look pretty good.
Denver plays at KC and SD plays KC at SD, this obviously favors San Diego, back to a tie.
You play at Cleveland, you should win that one for sure, we play at Tennessee, we should win that one for sure, and you should beat Tampa at home. My prediction after the bronco game is you go 3-1 with a loss at Indy.
Denver goes 3-1 with a loss at KC or to Indy, but I don’t think they will lose both.
Both teams SD and Denver could sweep the last 4 games conceivably.
It really could come down to this game.
If Denver loses Sunday, I will hope for the Bolts in the Playoffs, though I think the Broncos would have a better chance down the stretch.
What you should hope for is Champ Bailey to try to play Gates one on one.
Every time this year that the “shut down corner” of Denver gets manned up against such a player, he has been beat on big plays. (Cincinnati Chad Johnson, Oakland Porter, both smoked Bailey for points multiple times) This will be key for both teams.
Close season, I wish it were more cut and dry, but good luck to you.

chileanbolt
12-02-2004, 11:57 AM
paperclip thanks for a good thread for once, ur counterparts have been a little less than retarted but welcome and i hope its a good game...but there is no chance ur beating indy

geekster
12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi paperclips,

That is one of the most realistic posts I have read by a Broncos fan either here or in your own forums... Very nicely put and welcome aboard the Chargers forums..

As a Chargers fan - I have to disagree with your prediction(s), however, I note that you seem to get it about this only being a "must win" for the Broncos... Given a Chargers win you say you will be hoping for the Bolts in the playoffs - and yes, for your team it all comes down to this particular Sunday. A loss for the Broncos means a lost opportunity to make it into the Wild Card race - considering that you probably can only win 3 or your final 4 games, and more realistically will split them 2-2.

A loss for the Bolts would mean that we will no longer be in charge of our own destiny this year - we will still be in the "hunt", but will have to watch what happens with "other teams" in the AFC. Obviously, we desperately want to be in the proverbial "driver's seat" by winning Sunday's game. We have the team that can do it - and we have a game at OUR HOUSE to decide it.

Again, welcome aboard the Chargers forums! I *LIKE* folks who want to talk FOOTBALL!

chargertom
12-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Paperclips ... it's hard to believe that you're a donkey fan. I appreciate you supporting your team, and in a way that doesn't rankle the masses of Chargers fans here. Good luck to you, but be ready. The Chargers are fired up, and hungry.

Go Chargers!!

CHARGERNATION
12-02-2004, 02:12 PM
very good thread, at least you have something to say unlike the other donkey out there

sanluischargerfan
12-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Welcome paper clips..... you're all right except for the Denver fan thing.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LTisbetter
12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
You used some logic, but your team is too inconsistent. Our schedule has just become easier and yours harder. We have 3 home games left, vs the donks, the Bucs, and Chiefs. We also have the Colts and Browns on the road. You guys, on the other hand, have a tough schedule. Three road games and two home games. The only one you'll win for sure is against Miami. At Tennessee, at KC, at San Diego, and at home against Indy all look like losses, but even if you guys somehow go 10-6, we'll still probably go 11-5. Good luck at the wild card....losing to Oakland just cost you your season...even if you play a great game in San Diego and we play average, our offense will still outscore yours!

guimcharger
12-02-2004, 07:50 PM
thanks for being rational through your post unlike some other fans.

mgpretzel
12-02-2004, 08:50 PM
You are welcome here anytime.

sanluischargerfan
12-02-2004, 09:01 PM
If Denver loses Sunday, I will hope for the Bolts in the Playoffs, though I think the Broncos would have a better chance down the stretch.

================================================== ====

This is the only statement that you didn't explain. Is it just a gut feeling or do you see Denver with more playoff experience being the difference?

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
12-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Paperclips, Bottom line for Denver is they have to beat the Chargers if they expect to get to the playoffs, If Baltimore beats Cincy and Denver loses to the Chargers, Denver will need to win 2 more games than Baltimore with only 4 games to go just to make it to the playoffs. Denver seems to have lost confidence lately and the Chargers have tons of confidence comming off the KC game, so I cant see how Denver could come to San Diego and win. Your down on Bailey, and other Bronco fans are down on Shanahan, negative stuff like can bring down a team if they let it get to them. I see the pressure of winning and the 12th man (our fans) causing Denver to make bad decisions and the Chargers winning.

Dan40
12-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Good analysis. Not underestimating the Chargers. A little criticism on his team. Gentleman, we have a playa.

paperclips, just wait until Sunday though. It's going to be exciting. Playoff atmosphere. When there is a playoff atmosphere in San Diego, be it for football or baseball. It's nothing like you've ever seen or heard. Qualcomm will rock like the beginning of game 3 of the 1998 World Series.

Win or lose, the Broncos are still a good team, and even though we may love our opponents to stink, it's better for us that the opposition is at its best, so our team is forced to play its best.

kingporterblood
12-03-2004, 06:52 AM
A respectable thread from an outsider well taken but I`m sorry to say even to a nice guy like yourself, when that whistle blows its not going to be nothing nice and if you guys are foolish enough to put Bailey on Gates, Mccardell will have his way allday as Gates wares him out.

paperclips
12-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Just that, they (broncos) have more recent experience, and they (chargers) dont have have the strongest D. With teams like Indy, and New England, and Pitt, it will be hard to win on aoffence alone. Great as San Diego is this year, they run the risk of a situation like KC faced last year, in the playoffs, and torched by New england, or was it Indy?

Denver conversly has a need for some play calling variation if they are to go the distance. They plated the same game last year in the playoffs as the one two weeks before in Indy, Indy adjusted, and torched Denver.
Truth is I don't know. It may be to close to call, even for someone as Biased as me

paperclips
12-03-2004, 09:19 AM
You are right about that, I live in San Francisco, and by default am a Giants fan.
I vote to burn down dodger stadium, any takers?

chileanbolt
12-03-2004, 10:17 AM
i see ur baised coming out whihc is expected but u guys choked too much at home and thats going to keep u from the playoffs....we on the other hand are almost impossible to keep up with...i hope for a close game but with the stadium being as packed as its ever been i think the realistic approach would be hoping its just close....we average 37 at home thats scary buena suerte ur gonna need it thats for sure...but i welcome u here anytime but please talk to that donkey broncspwnu that thin air has got to him

Plummer
12-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Another Bronco fan sounding off.....

I really belive the key to the Broncos future comes down to the Chargers game.....but THE TRUE TURNING POINT WAS THE LOSS TO THE RAIDERS AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!

It should have never come down to this, just like one cant blame a loss on only one player or play....it has been a set of circumstances that have led the broncos down this road. And now against a good Charger team that has momentum behind them.

I don´t underestimate the Bolts and find them to be a terrific team....congratulations on a well put together season and young players comming of age at the right time....ready to play december ball!!!

Whatever happenes...I wish the Bolts and injury free and solid sunday, although I am pulling for the Broncos. One thing is for sure....any given sunday, you may win or you may lose, and nowhere is it more real than in the AFC west.

SDRaiderH8er
12-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: paperclips
Just that, they (broncos) have more recent experience, and they (chargers) dont have have the strongest D. With teams like Indy, and New England, and Pitt, it will be hard to win on aoffence alone. Great as San Diego is this year, they run the risk of a situation like KC faced last year, in the playoffs, and torched by New england, or was it Indy?

Denver conversly has a need for some play calling variation if they are to go the distance. They plated the same game last year in the playoffs as the one two weeks before in Indy, Indy adjusted, and torched Denver.
Truth is I don't know. It may be to close to call, even for someone as Biased as meYes you are correct, but San Diego is still a very Young Team, and up untill we got McCardell we was sitting on being the second youngest Team, so with that, we are building a great Future! A strong future.

Add to that we also have the Giants #1 pick next Year, plus our own, so now we will probably get a little Younger, and with the way AJ has pu this team together, younger and better!

chileanbolt
12-03-2004, 12:21 PM
damn plummer another decent bronco fan im getting shocked by the moment...thanks for the props and i think it will be a great game, a great game. saying that i see the team just getting better with each game. They have been growing in confidence and its not arrogance which is good for a young team. We have good vetern leadership too which has helped in leaps and bounds...i think we win this weekend but i still think u guys can pull that wild card game out. goodluck this weekend but not too much i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LTisbetter
12-03-2004, 03:19 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: chileanbolt
damn plummer another decent bronco fan im getting shocked by the moment...thanks for the props and i think it will be a great game, a great game.

It won't be a great game...the Broncos shouldn't even show up.

scottbbo1
12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
damn...two decent bronco fans in one thread...In the Smack Shack at that. this is creepy.I'm freakin out man.i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

chileanbolt
12-03-2004, 05:32 PM
LTisbetter, isnt a huge win a great game? For my thats great i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kingporterblood
12-04-2004, 03:00 AM
As far as the problem of being a donkey fan we have clinics to help you get rid of this curse, but your take means nada nada NADA.

chargertom
12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
paperclips ... thanks for showing some class on our boards for this game. Good luck on the rest of your season. See ya next year when we battle it out again. I look for improvements from both teams to make the next meeting even more exciting!!

Go Chargers!!