PDA

View Full Version : David Pollack

oneofakind
12-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Has anyone been paying attention to what the chargers really lack? Thats right a decent pass rusher. If we could put pressure on the opposing QB, we could get more picks. David Pollack of Georgia is one of the most elite pass rushers in the NCAA. Just last week vs. Georgia Tech he showed his athletisism with a sack and being in the QBs face all day long. I say the chargers draft this guy. It is a wise choice.

Semperfidelis48
12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
I agree. I haven't heard a lot of people talking about him, but he's a great DE and has a never ending motor. A great guy, great player, and would be a great charger. I'm sure its gonna happen though if we get a chance at Braylon Edwards or Mark Clayton with our first pick and then Kirk Morrison with our second pick, which is a decent possibility. Only time will tell.

dswanson
12-13-2004, 10:32 AM
This is the guy I see as being great for the Boltz for the exactreasons oneofakind mentioned. Just seems like he'd fit perfectly into the lockerroom San Diego has built this year. Plus he'd probably fit the position that they dtill need the most... would at least give them some very good depth there.

guimcharger
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
We need a freak of nature pass rusher. Just image the opposing line they wouldn't know which two guys to double team because they do it to Igor and Jamal this year. Imagine if their was another person to worry about.

ratchit21
12-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Pollack is going to go in the middle of the first round and I don't think the Chargers would take him even if he was still on the board. He is a freak pass rusher but hes too small to play DE in a 3-4 (Steve Foley is bigger than him). He would be moved to linebacker if he played for us, and we are set at linebacker for at least a few more years.

Id love to see him here but right now he doesnt really fit into the Charger's system anywhere. If they take a DE in the first round I think they would go with Spears form LSU or Cody from Oklahoma.

GoMathews
12-16-2004, 09:18 PM
ratchit21 is right. He is too small to play on the line in a 3-4. He is a good leader and could be a linebacker, but there are many other players I would rather see drafted by the chargers.

drangus
12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
where have you been this dude does not fit the scheme.

GamblerLT5
12-20-2004, 09:40 PM
I'd rather have Erasmus James over Pollack...

guimcharger
12-20-2004, 11:03 PM
We just need a good pass rusher.

boltfan805
12-25-2004, 07:31 AM
Having watched Pollack in person last season, I agree he is the best!

boltfan805
12-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Pollack & Green .Roommates in Ga.