PDA

View Full Version : u know, you should listen my opion come look in this

WARHAWKS
12-04-2004, 11:50 AM
you know i meant no want him, brees to stay with chargers i am not brees hater. i love him but i want to see Phillip Rivers to play and same with Cleo Lemon. i want Phillip Rivers to play let him have experience to learn how to be true football player. so it will be save our salary so we can spend on wide receiver and safies from draft. i suggest why dont we trade arizona for 1 round and 1 round and 3 round for brees so we can get more draft players. if phillip rivers goes suck so our teamate can help him out give him time as process just like with plamer, big ben whatever. i want to see him to play casue he have better ability than brees you all know that.

trade brees to arizona for 2 1st rounder and 3rd rounder or whatever.

save our salary by spending money on secondry and wide recievrs linebacker maybe cuz of donnie edward.

let phillip to play dont let him t bench and wasted two years for benching behind brees.

if phillip rivers goes down then we have cleo lemon ready for him (i have confident in cleo lemon he can play). and maybe if flutie is our future quarterback coach then he can give a lotta adice to those two, phillip rivers and cleo lemon. if phillip rivers is bust then cleo can play anyway.

what about yours. i am not brees hater i just want to give you idea. no offense. what about your idea?

BreesLightning
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
1st you cant get two first and a third.

2nd you want to get rid of brees to start rivers (unproven).

3rd. I dont beleive Drew has less ability then Rivers, they both had great numbers in college but so did Leaf.

you are a river rat. Brees is playing great, we all know his numbers. Hes proving to be a leader and a pro bowl type QB. To trade him now is a mistake. I would rather trade rivers now for a 1st rounder then brees.

BreesLightning
12-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Lets do a poll... If right now you could get a top 1st round and 3rd round draft pick for either Rivers or Brees, which one would you trade?

I would trade Rivers

riverhead
12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Respectfully, I would trade Brees.

tarballed
12-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by: BreesLightning
Lets do a poll... If right now you could get a top 1st round and 3rd round draft pick for either Rivers or Brees, which one would you trade?

I would trade Rivers

And take the monsterous cap hit?!?!
Not worth it in my opinion. Way to costly.

WARHAWKS
12-04-2004, 08:37 PM
i would trade brees to arizona for 2 1st rounder like arizona have 3 1st rounder

WARHAWKS
12-04-2004, 11:12 PM
i agree.

riverhead
But then again, how about a good ole' Wendys Frosty. You get a spoon by default with that order. Know what I'm saying?

riverhead
Hamburglar,

You're on! Frosty Milkshakes and I am feeling a high carbo rumbling. I'll have fries with that shake.
Lots of ketchup.

Hamburglar
cant we all just get along!!! and then we can go out for those milkshakes ive been talking about

Hamburglar
maybe a happymeal will give you compassion i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SDynasty
Because this isn't rocket science, it's a have fun message board for all to participate in.

BreesLightning
How come we have 2 threads in the QB section and 1 in the general section with the same post?

riverhead
Thanks 214SD6.

tarballed
warhawks...you have some good ideas...

It will all come down to what happens these final few games.

Here is what I think:

If we sign Brees after this season, he will not be guaranteed the starting job next year. He will have to battle it out with Rivers. You can bet that if they work out a contract with him after this season, that point will be clearly made.That is also something Brees will have to take into consideration. "Do I risk staying here and being a backup? Or do I go elsewhere and remain the #1 guy?" Should be interesting if that happens.

If they end up trading him, I hope for a pick(s) and a player.
Anything is possible at this point.

WARHAWKS
i wonder how would i let AJ Smith know my idea to let him to see what he think?

WARHAWKS
sry my englis is bad but it got better for a while

riverhead
Warhawks,

Very valid points indeed. Your plan could work well I think. Afterall, we have 4 Quarterbacks right now, so we have lots of options. I think that the way the Offensive line and wide receivers corps have developed that any of our QBs could step in and do a commendable job.

FearTheBolt21
2 1st Rders and a 3rd...LMAO!!! WOW you're on some good stuff!!

WARHAWKS
you know i meant no want him, brees to stay with chargers i am not brees hater. i love him but i want to see Phillip Rivers to play and same with Cleo Lemon. i want Phillip Rivers to play let him have experience to learn how to be true football player. so it will be save our salary so we can spend on wide receiver and safies from draft. i suggest why dont we trade arizona for 1 round and 1 round and 3 round for brees so we can get more draft players. if phillip rivers goes suck so our teamate can help him out give him time as process just like with plamer, big ben whatever. i want to see him to play casue he have better ability than brees you all know that.

trade brees to arizona for 2 1st rounder and 3rd rounder or whatever.

save our salary by spending money on secondry and wide recievrs linebacker maybe cuz of donnie edward.

let phillip to play dont let him t bench and wasted two years for benching behind brees.

if phillip rivers goes down then we have cleo lemon ready for him (i have confident in cleo lemon he can play). and maybe if flutie is our future quarterback coach then he can give a lotta adice to those two, phillip rivers and cleo lemon. if phillip rivers is bust then cleo can play anyway.

what about yours. i am not brees hater i just want to give you idea. no offense. what about your idea?

SDynasty
12-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: Hamburglar
maybe a happymeal will give you compassion

Hammy let me know if that's the case.....I'm buying

Chargers
12-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: riverhead
But then again, how about a good ole' Wendys Frosty. You get a spoon by default with that order. Know what I'm saying?

Good call! If I had to choose, I'd take the Wendy's shakes over the McDonald's frosty milkshakes i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hamburglar
12-05-2004, 01:27 AM
how could you!! *sob* *sob*

jsdfan
12-05-2004, 02:10 AM
warhawks...

I agree with you in that there may be some benefits in keeping only one high-priced QB. However, if it comes down to making a choice, then I'm leaning toward keeping Brees. You don't let a potential MVP candidate QB get away...you just don't do it because the potential fall-out is much worse than letting an unproven rookie go. Keeping Brees can be done more cheaply (more beneficially regarding salary cap) than by Franchise Tagging him....like a long-term contract. But that would most likely mean Rivers has to be moved. Some potential ways of trading Rivers can be done in a less costly manner than others.

So if the Bolts trade Rivers, they need to make sure he goes to an NFC team they will rarely (if ever) play. Trading him would probably be the best thing for him rather than having him sit on the pine. And if he were traded, then you would likely get to see both Rivers and Brees have significant playing time next year, which is unlikely if they remain on the same team.