PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find it funny...

Psquared
12-04-2004, 06:40 PM
...that the donkey fans are praising their new rb like he is really the stud his stats seem to show? Why don't they just accept the fact that their system is the reason that they have a running game and all of the running backs they've had are just system backs?

Oh well, heres to shutting down that system once again this year.

mgpretzel
12-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Don't forget he barely had 100yds rushing against the Faiders!!

michael
12-04-2004, 09:03 PM
i find it impressive..how do they do that?!!!

nobody likes them but ya gotta admit thats pretty impressive...

im sure they dont have a problem "accepting the fact.."

im sure they would agree. however, the RBs themselves are good backs in their own right. even behind a sorry redskins team portis is still a solid back.

shoot me now for saying non-violent things about them...

HeadTrip
12-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by: michael
i find it impressive..how do they do that?!!!

nobody likes them but ya gotta admit thats pretty impressive...

im sure they dont have a problem "accepting the fact.."

im sure they would agree. however, the RBs themselves are good backs in their own right. even behind a sorry redskins team portis is still a solid back.

shoot me now for saying non-violent things about them...

Portis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215) is nothing outside of the bronco O. He is good when he gets into the secondary, but he needs that great line in front of him to be great himself. He reminds me a lot of holmes.

jpost4887
12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
You do notice how many yards he gains AFTER the first contact, and never stops fighting until he has three or four guys holding him down. He has the will power to keep fighting. The guy has went through alot in his life and deserves those millions that Portis is swimming in right now more. I know alot of it is the system, yet the guy still has heart. Hell, look at Griffin, what exactly did he do? He only had one 100 yard rushing game out of four games, and that was against the KC defense. If it's all the system, why didn't he succeed?

Chargers
12-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by: jpost4887
You do notice how many yards he gains AFTER the first contact, and never stops fighting until he has three or four guys holding him down. He has the will power to keep fighting. The guy has went through alot in his life and deserves those millions that Portis is swimming in right now more. I know alot of it is the system, yet the guy still has heart. Hell, look at Griffin, what exactly did he do? He only had one 100 yard rushing game out of four games, and that was against the KC defense. If it's all the system, why didn't he succeed?

I'm not the only one who doesn't think Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary are that great...but they both put up 1,000+ yard seasons. Products of the system, indeed!

ThndrStrm5
12-05-2004, 07:38 PM
We shut down their running game again... What Running game? GO BOLTZ!!

Chargers
12-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Reuben who?? Where was Reuben? I must have missed him...

TemeculaMike
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Hell, look at Griffin, what exactly did he do? He only had one 100 yard rushing game out of four games, and that was against the KC defense. If it's all the system, why didn't he succeed?

Griffen couldn't hang on to the ball. Its hard to get yardage when you drop the rock into the other teams hands. You can't count SD against Griffen, hell, Ruben didn't do much better.

kingporterblood
12-06-2004, 03:29 PM
With our improving defense, every back who faces the Bolts will feel the wrath of the whole team getting a good lick on them!

guimcharger
12-06-2004, 04:07 PM
we didn't kill droughs confidence completely like we did to griffen... but we came pretty close.

tjwash
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
I'd probably get a hundred yards rushing a game too, if I was running behind an offensive line that dives at defensive linemans knees, and ends defenders seasons and careers. If they ever tried straight up run blocking, they would get killed. Oh yeah, they tried that against the Bolts and DID get killed. I guess they'll go back to chop blocking next week again...

geekster
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM

Nope - I sure didn't - was I supposed to be watching HIM or the Chargers Linebackers and SS knocking him down?

Smack talk aside - I'm glad to see Mr. Droughns having this kind of success in his career. He deserves it.

SMACK Mode = ON
He also deserves a QB that doesn't serve the ball up more often than hamburgers at McDonalds.

guimcharger
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM

Face it the donkeys can put who ever they want in their back field and they will do good. Look at Portis he sucks. If Droughs goes to another team, that is dumb enough to pick up a system back from denver like the skins, then he will SUCK!!!!