PDA

View Full Version : drew brees

bubbachuck383
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
anyone kno his QB rating today. i kno it probley wont be to great because of the drop ball and stuff but i was jw.

vjsd11
12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
all i know is we only had 4 first downs passing....

xnet
12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
That was the most heat on Brees that I've seen all season. He balls where a little off because of it. Receivers dropped some balls that should have been caught.

bubbachuck383
12-05-2004, 06:17 PM
ever since that bye week we havent been doin to good. but atleast we get the wins.

OverVolt
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
No TD passes, one INT...to many sacks because of missing receivers and crappy blitz pickup.
Denver showed how to get to him today...and a better defense is coming to town next week.
Receivers need to come to next week's game. and work on that blitz pickup

friarfish
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
the ball was wet and brees wasnt getting time for his routes to develop. lynch was getting in on him untouched whenever he blitzed

ziggyp22
12-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I tell you guys weekly that Brees falls apart under pressure. Blitz him and he struggles. I can't understand why every team doesn't blitz Brees?

Rip
12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: ziggyp22
I tell you guys weekly that Brees falls apart under pressure. Blitz him and he struggles. I can't understand why every team doesn't blitz Brees?

Why dont you rats please just SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!!

BREES has lead us to a 9-3 record and all you guys do it B***H and complain!

Get the f*** out until you guys become real charger fans!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be cool Rip - these guys are entitled to their own opinion. Talk facts, that's OK. Start with the shut up and four letter words - that's not okay.

maverjoe
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: Rip

Word, I hate to see these naysayers if we lose. The entire offense had an off game, but we won and we are NOW GAURANTEED A WINNIN RECORD!!!! WOOOOT

Hoagie25
12-05-2004, 06:56 PM
His rating was 46.2

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
D.Brees 27 14 106 2/20 0 30 1 46.2

Total 27 14 106 2/20 0 30 1 46.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers
12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
It's funny - Brees has 1 bad game, and his critics are on him. Since you guys are quick to jump on him when he struggles...you should be equally quick to commend him when he has success.

Rip
12-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: Chargers
It's funny - Brees has 1 bad game, and his critics are on him. Since you guys are quick to jump on him when he struggles...you should be equally quick to commend him when he has success.

There is a reason they are called RATS!

HeadTrip
12-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: KennyG
No TD passes, one INT...to many sacks because of missing receivers and crappy blitz pickup.

Denver showed how to get to him today...and a better defense is coming to town next week.

Receivers need to come to next week's game. and work on that blitz pickup

Denvers D is better than Tampas. Tampa will be a tough game, but i dont think they will be as tough as denver.

HeadTrip
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM

I think every QB struggles when he is getting hit from his blind side as soon as he snaps the ball.

LIGHTNINGBOLTinc
12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
If you watched the game Gates had a off day today, he was double and tripled covered and had a hard time of it..... When this happens the WR's become Very important. McCardell and Parker both dropped for sure 1st downs and Osgood looked to be off a little (hurt?). We are going to need them to step up big time in the playoffs if we are going to win games against teams that take away Gates. Brees cant be let off the hook either, He needs to "see the blitzes" sooner and be able to take advantage of them before the snap.

Boltneck
12-05-2004, 11:22 PM
I think that Cam Cameron put together a WEAK offensive game plan this week.

Brees got out of sync because of it.

Way to many funky plays in the First half and to much trickery. By then it was to late to get in a grove. Couple that with the wether and Gates being just really out of wack and our offense got shut down by the second half.

On top of that Cam called an even WORSE game in the second half using one predictable play after the next and no Quick hit passes to the TE or Quick slants etc to back the blits up and get things moving.

There are still clearly some cracks in our game. I hope that we Get a Large STud WR in the draft to add one more Big target for the QB to throw to in tough situations.

BreesLightning
12-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Brees had a sub par game, so did the entire offense. I give lots of credit to drew for us being 9-3. Today was a tough game, weather had alot to do with it. a few missed catches, a few fumbles. Having an average offense today and we still won. Winning these type of games is a big step forward.

The first post asked about drews rating...... Well he will still be 100+ and still ranked 3rd in the nfl.

Drew will be our QB the rest of this season and will be our starter next year, so you river rats should just accept that.

Playoff bound Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BreesLightning
12-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Its funny, i watched the Atlanta/ TB game before the charger game today. Vick was making so many mistakes and the announcers kept saying ..."its all part of Vicks development ..... still learning how to play QB in the nfl.... more reps the better he will be.... still learning to fit into the system... etc etc."

Vick came into the league the same year drew did, yet certain people on this site get on drew for having an average game today. I just dont get it. I can just imagine what will happen on this board if we lose a game and drew goes 20 for 35 with 3 ints. 1/2 the messages would read "Time for Rivers"

elementau
12-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by: Boltneck
I think that Cam Cameron put together a WEAK offensive game plan this week.

Brees got out of sync because of it.

Way to many funky plays in the First half and to much trickery. By then it was to late to get in a grove. Couple that with the wether and Gates being just really out of wack and our offense got shut down by the second half.

On top of that Cam called an even WORSE game in the second half using one predictable play after the next and no Quick hit passes to the TE or Quick slants etc to back the blits up and get things moving.

There are still clearly some cracks in our game. I hope that we Get a Large STud WR in the draft to add one more Big target for the QB to throw to in tough situations.

That is so true. Where were the quick slants? There were dropped balls all over the place. Mccardel and parker dropped key first downs, and dont forget the dropped pass in the end-zone!

riverhead
12-06-2004, 04:43 AM
This was a hard fought game with two good teams going at each other. That's it. We won. Next game please.

WHITELIGHTNING
12-06-2004, 09:06 AM
The truth really does hurt, and ya'll give it away to easy. Why is it always someone elses fault when Brees plays bad? Plummer played in the same weather as Brees did but still managed to get his team into position to tie or win the game. Oh yeah I forgot, When Brees plays poorly it's the Defense's fault.

BreesLightning
12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by: WHITELIGHTNING
The truth really does hurt, and ya'll give it away to easy. Why is it always someone elses fault when Brees plays bad? Plummer played in the same weather as Brees did but still managed to get his team into position to tie or win the game. Oh yeah I forgot, When Brees plays poorly it's the Defense's fault.

Drew did put us in position to score 20 points and keeped the turnovers to 1, something plummer didnt do. We all know you would be the first one on the rivers band wagon if drew had an average day. If Rivers wasnt drafted this year no one on here would have anything negative to say about drews performance sunday.

tarballed
12-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Brees just sucks!

That's for your rip!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

cabodog
12-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by: Rip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be cool Rip - these guys are entitled to their own opinion. Talk facts, that's OK. Start with the shut up and four letter words - that's not okay.

RIP: Thanks for expressing what many of us were thinking. Which QB would you of rather had yesterday?

cabodog
12-06-2004, 11:00 AM
This is a post from the Game day thread that just came in....

Originally posted by: denverboltfan

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this (haven't taken the time to read the previous 72 or so pages). One key difference in this game was the quarterbacks. Plummer showed his characteristic tendency to "make something happen" even if it wasn't there. This cost him the interceptions. Brees has matured to the point that he doesn't feel the anxiety to have to do this. He isn't bothered by coming off the field after taking a sack when the coverage is good. Mark of a veteran.

Point is that Brees didnt have a great game, but he didnt cost a win either. I look for him to get back on track.

denverboltfan
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM

The truth is, one quarterback's team won the game and the other quarterback's team got "into position to tie or win the game". I would rather have the former. There is a picture in the photo gallery of John Lynch congratulating Brees. Lynch, Wilson etal did their best to get Brees to throw the game away. It didn't happen. Lynch respects what Brees has accomplished because he knows the game. Brees is the one with the winner's smile on his face. nuf said.

cabodog
12-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: denverboltfan

The truth is, one quarterback's team won the game and the other quarterback's team got "into position to tie or win the game". I would rather have the former. There is a picture in the photo gallery of John Lynch congratulating Brees. Lynch, Wilson etal did their best to get Brees to throw the game away. It didn't happen. Lynch respects what Brees has accomplished because he knows the game. Brees is the one with the winner's smile on his face. nuf said.

Exactly the way we should look at this.........

xSHERVx
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
how old is Bree's?

riverhead
12-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by: xSHERVx
how old is Bree's?

Rip
12-07-2004, 11:33 PM

Did plummer lead his team to victory??

NO!!

Brees played better then plummer and GOT THE WIN!
Plummer, 4 INT's and a QB rating of 26, let me repeat that A QB RATING OF 26!!!
As bad as you want to think brees did, his qb rating was still 20 points better then plummers, but hey, thats cause SD's defense is better right??

What exactly was the point of your post?

Rip
12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by: cabodog

RIP: Thanks for expressing what many of us were thinking.

No problem, someone had to and i dont mind being the one to say it

Rip
12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by: tarballed
Brees just sucks!

That's for your rip!!

DAMN YOU!!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MoveitMister
12-07-2004, 11:41 PM
QB rating is up at 103.1.
#5 in the league works for me.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Now they need to take care of the blitz package and be ready for Brooks and Rice.

spysnipedis
12-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: MoveitMister
QB rating is up at 103.1.

#5 in the league works for me.

Now they need to take care of the blitz package and be ready for Brooks and Rice.

yea as long as the chargers protect Brees. he can help make plays