PDA

View Full Version : Your former coach ruined our team.

LionsAllTheWay
12-13-2004, 12:13 AM
From 1997 to 2000, his drafts resulted in one back up defensive end (who partially cost us the game today with a personal foul facemask on a 3rd down sack) and one starting right tackle who gave up quite a few sacks this year.

No other players he drafted remain on the Lions, and only three are in the NFL. This would be our corps of veteran talent that would have us in great shape. But instead, we're 5-8 and still rebuilding his mess, possibly for another three years. Did I mention he drove Barry Sanders out of football? That too.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to see the Chargers doing well. There really isn't a Detroit/San Diego rivalry (except the 1984 world series). Good luck in the playoffs.

shanehale
12-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by: LionsAllTheWay
From 1997 to 2000, his drafts resulted in one back up defensive end (who partially cost us the game today with a personal foul facemask on a 3rd down sack) and one starting right tackle who gave up quite a few sacks this year.

No other players he drafted remain on the Lions, and only three are in the NFL. This would be our corps of veteran talent that would have us in great shape. But instead, we're 5-8 and still rebuilding his mess, possibly for another three years. Did I mention he drove Barry Sanders out of football? That too.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to see the Chargers doing well. There really isn't a Detroit/San Diego rivalry (except the 1984 world series). Good luck in the playoffs.

Wow... so your saying....

1 Player that Bobby Ross drafted remains on the Lions... he screwed up... so its Bobby Ross' fault.

http://fudforum.org/forum/images/smiley_icons/icon_lol.gif That is the funniest thing I have heard. I know you Lions fans have been through a lot sense Barry Sander left. But to come to a chargers board to complain about one player, that might have cost you a single game this season, 4 years after the headcoach mentioned left.... LMAO If he was such a problem player... why has he still been on the team for the last 4 years.

Shane

chargertom
12-18-2004, 01:09 PM
You're welcome!

Go Chargers!

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 01:10 PM
I wonder, did LionsAllTheWay go onto any Georgia Tech or Maryland boards and complain too?

chargertom
12-18-2004, 03:15 PM
LMAO MiM

Go Chargers!

guimcharger
12-18-2004, 08:12 PM
I think this is just a disgruntle fan.

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: guimcharger
I think this is just a disgruntle fan.

Nah!
Really?!?

i/expressions/devil.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChrgrMarv
12-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Funny? we had no trouble when Ross was coaching the Chargers? Maybe the problem lies in the front offices commitment, to put a winning team on the field? Your teams failure to get a QB and a line to build around (argueably) the greatest running back in Barry Sanders, is the reason why your franchise is treading water. I see no commitment, zero drive, and no fire in the eyes of your players. You guys had that, when you had 2 perennial wideouts in the game then. This, coupled with an above average QB. Now, you guys have nothing, and your blaming the coach. The coach can't catch the ball, nor make a play. Its up to the players on the field. With the salaries that they guys are getting, there shouldn't be any dropped passes.... Face it, the Lions can't win in Detroit. The only thing winning in Detroit is crime.

Infernus
12-22-2004, 03:21 PM
How old was BArry when he retired?

Chargers
12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by: Infernus
How old was BArry when he retired?

Unfortunately for us football fans....too young i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif