PDA

View Full Version : Carolina at Atlanta 34-31 OT

IgorUnchained
12-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey all-

As Im sure most of you know, the Steelers and Giants play today. I have been visiting the Giants message board as of late. Alot of them are still hopeful that Eli is going to eventually turn into a quarterback. I hope that the rest of you are doing what I am doing today....enjoying a day off and awaiting the chance to watch Eli try to achieve a negative passer rating.
I remember someone (IronMountain maybe) who suggested chipping in every week to buy dinner for the defensive player who had the best hit on a Manning. Today will be a good day to get your spare change together and watch for the winner (my guess: Polamalu).
Anyone have any opinions about this game? It should be a good distraction until the Bolts game tomorrow!

chargertom
12-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I hope the Steelers get 12 sacks, 3 forced fumbles from Squeali returned for TD's, 11 INT's and he is 3/52 for 6 yards. Oh wait ... that would be an improvement.

Go Chargers!!

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Sweet exacting revenge on Eli by the Steeler Defense.......but then again if the Steelers bite the dust in this game it helps out our Home Field advantage for the playoffs.

So I am rooting for kodak moments against Eli but win the game against the Steelers........and this affects our draft pick next year......I think I am conflicted....i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

IgorUnchained
12-18-2004, 10:14 AM
I havent seen you reply to one of my posts in a while Trumpet, Happy Holidays Bolt Bro!

I hate to admit that in my bloodlust I forgot that the Chargers still have to deal with the Steelers at some point. This makes the game even more exciting to watch, and I too am officially conflicted. GO Bolts!

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained
I havent seen you reply to one of my posts in a while Trumpet, Happy Holidays Bolt Bro!

I hate to admit that in my bloodlust I forgot that the Chargers still have to deal with the Steelers at some point. This makes the game even more exciting to watch, and I too am officially conflicted. GO Bolts!

I have had the parents and in laws over to my casa on and off for the last 8 weeks or so. It has cut into my posting frenzies. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Happy Holidays !!!

Go Chargers !!!!i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

renojim
12-18-2004, 10:36 AM
I would like to see sheli benched and apitt loss.

AlaBolt
12-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Someone should of told ShEli... Watch out for what you wish for, you just might get it!..HAAAAAAAA!
I hope his confidence is so shattered after this year, he turns into Mr. Leaf the second...

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 11:43 AM
The Giants just scored on the opening kickoff for a TD - sweet

Go Chargers

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Roelisberger just threw an INT at the Giants 10 yard line on their first drive.

1st qtr.
Giants 7
Steelers 0

BehindBlueEyes3
12-18-2004, 11:52 AM
I think it would be to hard for us to catch up to the Steelers so I would rather see a Giants lose to improve our draft pick.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: BehindBlueEyes3
I think it would be to hard for us to catch up to the Steelers so I would rather see a Giants lose to improve our draft pick.
If the Steelers drop two games we have a shot a Home Field throughout the playoffs and two games in San Diego.

It can happen. Believe it to achieve it as ChargerTom Sig says.

boltnut369
12-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm still mad at the way little Eli disrespected the Charger organization. I hope he ends up.... Well I really can't say what I want to but you get my drift! Every Eli Manning failure gets me bust'in out laugh'in. And all those idiots who booed when the Chargers picked him in the draft, well all I can say to them is HA! HA! X 1000

ftwbolt
12-18-2004, 11:58 AM
I was thinking the same thing. eli still needs to feel alot of pain, but we should be rooting for the Gnats today. Ravens next week, and the Bills in the last week to beat the steel heads.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:06 PM
The Steelers marched and tied the game at 7.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Manning passed for a TD to take the lead.

Giants 14
Steelers 7

It appears the Giants are running all over the Steelers who have the number 2 rush defense.
Announcers are speculating the last 3 games the Steelers have played and shortened week may have an affect of the outcome of todays game.

BeWaReDaBoLt
12-18-2004, 12:12 PM
steelers anout to make it 14-14.....

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Steelers field goal -

Giants 14
Steelers 10

BeWaReDaBoLt
12-18-2004, 12:18 PM
if the steelers D dont show up...I dont think Big Ben can handle it to carry the team.....

BeWaReDaBoLt
12-18-2004, 12:19 PM
time out...

scottbbo1
12-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Stinkin Gnats seem to be trying to make a game of it. they are playing their loser butts off.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:41 PM
5 minutes left before 1/2 time.

Big Ben throws a TD to Randle-El

Steelers 17
Giants 14

The Steelers O-Line had given up more sacks in the last 5 games than the rest of the season. The chink in the armor it appears.

Randle-El has caught and thrown a TD in the game.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:43 PM
The Giants are battling their hind parts off. Good game so far. Eli looks like he needs to be hit hard, of coursei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

adamluehrs
12-18-2004, 12:45 PM
haha horrible pass by eli.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 12:56 PM
:14 seconds before 1/2 time.

Steelers add another field goal

Steelers 20
Giants 14

xnet
12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: ftwbolt
I was thinking the same thing. eli still needs to feel alot of pain, but we should be rooting for the Gnats today. Ravens next week, and the Bills in the last week to beat the steel heads.

I kinda agree. I guess it depends on what you think is best for the team. Next seasons #1 pick, or a better seed in the playoffs.

It's a hard call. Right now I'm leaning towards playoffs.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Big Ben just threw another INT to open the 2nd half.

Home Field Advantage ... come on baby

chargerchick
12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
at least someone agrees with me. lol. I'd love to have home field.. we have to win out.. steelers and pats have to lose out.

chargertom
12-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry fellow bolt fans, but I cannot, no, will not root for Squeali for anything. The Chargers will overcome, without any 'help' from him. I wish I could because we do so well with home field, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I hope the Steelers crush him!

Go Chargers!!

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: chargerchick
at least someone agrees with me. lol. I'd love to have home field.. we have to win out.. steelers and pats have to lose out.

It can happen. I am not rooting for Eli and I ain't rooting for the Steelers.

I am rooting for Home Field and TWO Games in San Diego versus ONE game for the playoffs. I mean TWO Playoff games in San Diego would be just insane.

IronMountain1960
12-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude

Originally posted by: chargerchick

It can happen. I am not rooting for Eli and I ain't rooting for the Steelers.

I am rooting for Home Field and TWO Games in San Diego versus ONE game for the playoffs. I mean TWO Playoff games in San Diego would be just insane.
My feelings too, Pittsburg is not looking that good, and they could lose the rest of their games, so I got to root for the Giants, but not Sheli, I hope they run it in or get a defensive TD. Rothenburger looks very beatable, he's throwing behind the receivers, he seems over rated to me, he's on a good team, but he is not the reason the Steelers have won so much.

Currimos
12-18-2004, 02:06 PM
You know objectively, Sheli isnt looking all that bad. I want his face to be driven in so its concave as much as the next guy. But I can admit hes doing ok today.

Or what Im hoping it is, is the steelers are playing that poorly. And that it continues through the playoffs.

Currimos
12-18-2004, 02:20 PM
looks like I jinxed him. Im ok with that.

Thunderstruck
12-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Steelers still look beatable to me. I've seen them in 5 games this year, and they only looked really dominant in one: the game against the Eagles. In every other game they've looked beatable.

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: chargertom
Sorry fellow bolt fans, but I cannot, no, will not root for Squeali for anything. The Chargers will overcome, without any 'help' from him. I wish I could because we do so well with home field, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I hope the Steelers crush him!

Go Chargers!!

I'm right there with ya.
I'll never root for a Manning, from that particular family, ever!
May have to rethink that if Peyton Jr gets drafted by us years down the road.........

The more they lose, the higher our draft pick.
The playoffs will take care of itself.

Go Chargers
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Gadzooks
12-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Man I'm hoping that Carolina Atlanta game will be a doozy. I don't like seeing Vick have any good fortune. I'm hoping Peppers grabs a hold of the scrawny bugger and puts some hurt on him.i/expressions/devil.gif
In my eyes the Panthers are now the second best team in the NFC.

MoveitMister
Pittsburgh at N.Y. Giants

<u>Pittsburgh Injuries</u>
OUT ILB Kendrell Bell (Groin)
WR Plaxico Burress (Hamstring)
OLB Clark Haggans (Groin)
ILB Clint Kriewaldt (Hamstring)
CB Chad Scott (Knee)

QUESTIONABLE FB Verron Haynes (Knee)
RB Duce Staley (Hamstring)

PROBABLE ILB James Farrior (Shoulder)
CB Chidi Iwuoma (Shoulder)
DE Brett Keisel (Hamstring)
C Chukky Okobi (Back)
SS Troy Polamalu (Shoulder)

<u>Giant Injuries</u>
OUT OLB Barrett Green (Knee)
DT Norman Hand (Groin)
G Chris Snee (Jaw)
WR Jamaar Taylor (Quadricep)
SS Gibril Wilson (Shoulder)

QUESTIONABLE RB Derrick Ward (Ankle)

MoveitMister
Washington at San Francisco

<u>Washington Injuries</u>
OUT FS Jason Doering (Ankle)
K John Hall (Quadricep)
CB Shawn Springs (Concussion)

PROBABLE OLB LaVar Arrington (Knee)
WR Laveranues Coles (Toe)
DE Demetric Evans (Ankle)
C Cory Raymer (Ankle)
TE Robert Royal (Back)
WR James Thrash (Hamstring)

<u>San Francisco Injuries</u>
DOUBTFUL QB Tim Rattay (Foot)

PROBABLE RB Kevan Barlow (Knee)
RB Maurice Hicks (Ribs)

MoveitMister
Carolina at Atlanta

<u>Carolina Injuries</u>
DOUBTFUL RB Casey Cramer (Concussion)

QUESTIONABLE DB Eddie Jackson (Shoulder)

PROBABLE CB Chris Gamble (Groin)
FB Nick Goings (Ankle)
C Jeff Mitchell (Knee)

<u>Atlanta Injuries</u>
OUT RB T.J. Duckett (Knee)

QUESTIONABLE NT Edward Jasper (Hand)
CB Jason Webster (Groin)

Thunderstruck
Man I can't wait for that Washington / San Francisco slugfest.

Jammer
12-18-2004, 02:59 PM
thank's to the giants our 2st round pick look better every game

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by: Jammer
1st round. Not 2nd round. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Thunderstruck
12-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by: Jammer

I'd like to see the Redskins beat the 49ers for that reason. I doubt the 49ers will win out the rest of their games, and the Redskins are 1 game behind the Giants. The more teams pass the Giants in the standings, the better our draft pick becomes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Dan40
12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Man, the WAS-SF game is boring (not gameplay just the teams). I didn't think I'd go into a football coma during the second of seven games!

Dan40
12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Has any high-fallutin' coach from bigtime Florida football school ever done well in the NFL? Besides Jimmy Johnson?

mgpretzel
12-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Which would you rather do? Whatch grass grow or whatch the 49er's and redskins play?

ftwbolt
12-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Steelers still look beatable to me. I've seen them in 5 games this year, and they only looked really dominant in one: the game against the Eagles. In every other game they've looked beatable.

The Gnats did manage to get in Ben R face a few times. If you take away the inside passing lanes and force him to throw to the outside, but he sure has a strong arm. Did'nt watch the whole game.(took a nap) i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Untill he get's the hang of it, they will still run the ball more than pass.

Dan40
12-18-2004, 06:42 PM
I just got back from watching my grass grow. Anybody know the score of the WAS-SF game? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ftwbolt
12-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: Dan40
I just got back from watching my grass grow. Anybody know the score of the WAS-SF game?

26-16 Skins
Did you have to mow it ? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dan40
12-18-2004, 07:11 PM
This drive is exactly why I'm conflicted between turning Michael Vick into a pocket passer a la Steve Young, oir just letting him do his thing. He can be the greatest QB ever if he hones his pocket skills. However, I think he can win the Super Bowl rushing 200 yards each game. Who's going to stop him?

chargertom
12-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I've been predicting that Atlanta will knock Philly out of the playoffs. I think it's going to be one of the big upsets of the year. Like us and the Steelers i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Go Chargers!!

ftwbolt
12-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: chargertom
I've been predicting that Atlanta will knock Philly out of the playoffs. I think it's going to be one of the big upsets of the year. Like us and the Steelers

Go Chargers!!

You remember what Tampa did to Vick the week before the Bolts game.
Philly and Tampa have similar Defenses. But I guess anything is possible, right.

HeadTrip
12-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Vick wont be one of the best QBs ever I dont think. I really dont think he will ever develope an arm accurate enough to do that. Im not even convinced he will ever make it into the HOF.

HeadTrip
12-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh, and also, I think if Tampa can make the playoffs, they have a great shot at getting to the big show. They have the kind of D that can shut phili down, and routinely beat the falcons. I hope they can make it in...

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 09:20 PM
YES Peppers scored off a fumble. grabs the ball off the air with one hand and runs all the way.

24 - 24

come on Panthers.

geekster
12-18-2004, 09:25 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif "It ain't ova - 'til its ova!"i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: geekster
"It ain't ova - 'til its ova!"

yep because panther just got the ball back baby. it's another fumble recovery. haha

HeadTrip
12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Another TO for the falcons! I love it.

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Just got back to the game.
Carolina is disrespecting Atlanta.

Nice to see Fred McCrary working!

geekster
12-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Hoover looks like Alstott!

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS!!!

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Wooooo!

Go Goings!

geekster
12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Think the plan is "let's let Vick be Vick"???

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
now if Panthers can stop Falcons offense. Pantheres win

come on panthers.

WHITELIGHTNING
12-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Panthers may just pull this game out, with all the injuries they have had it is truely amazing.

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
nooo falcons get the heck out of the red zone.

geekster
12-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Wow! What a shot on Vick!

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 09:51 PM
dang!

HeadTrip
12-18-2004, 09:56 PM
I think the panthers get 3 here. Jake did it all last year. As for Mikey Vick... he is 11/26 for 154, 2 TDs 2 Picks, a bunch of fumbles and 68 rush yards and a rushing TD. Best QB in the league? I think not.

geekster
12-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Looks more like overtime... As we found out - those Falcon fans can make THEIR HOUSE rock pretty good too.

HeadTrip
12-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Wow... you have captain comeback on ur team and you run the clock out. Bad play calling!!

geekster
12-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by: HeadTrip
Wow... you have captain comeback on ur team and you run the clock out. Bad play calling!!

Jake just doesn't look quite the same this year as last year.

geekster
12-18-2004, 10:07 PM
I say that then Jake throws the INT... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Who the heck is calling Carolina's offense?

geekster
12-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Got my anti-place kicker hex mojo working... i/expressions/devil.gif

So much for my weak kneed hex. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

spysnipedis
12-18-2004, 10:10 PM
NOOOOO

i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

MoveitMister
12-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: MoveitMister
Who the heck is calling Carolina's offense?

My bad, no wonder they lost.
Dan Henning is their O coord.