PDA

View Full Version : For those who Watched the Giants today...

OverVolt
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
What do you think was the single biggest improvement in the Giants offense today against the Steelers.

TrumpetDude
12-18-2004, 11:55 PM
I give the nod to the Giants running game. They were really man handling the Steelers defensive line today. It was an interesting game. I got the distinct impression the Steelers are running out of gas as the injury bug is catching up to them. They are not as scary as I envisioned i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

OverVolt
12-19-2004, 12:56 AM
I got the impression the O-line decided to show up...Eli had a good game, no sacks, and the running game was effective.
It seemed almost like the short version of our team from last year (a fair line considering) to a much better performing offense (a line that is becoming dominant)
If their O-line were to play like that for the rest of the year, they'd be competetive in every game.

IgorUnchained
12-19-2004, 02:57 AM
It seemed like night and day, the difference between the Giants O line today and what it has been in the past. I hadnt realized that neither Toomer or Hilliard has caught a single touchdown this year. Eli looked good, especially in the second half. That was upsetting to me, I had tuned in mainly to see the big, bad Steelers D turn Eli into a little puddle of redneck. If I learned anything from watching that game, it would be that the Chargers need to go out and get themselves a wild-haired, Multi Million dollar, Florida school attending, TIght End!!
That Jeremy Shockey really makes me wish we had a tight end like him in the mix. Catch a 5 yard pass, strike a pose, say something stupid in an interview, make a million dollars....I think he has the potential to be big someday!

WHITELIGHTNING
12-19-2004, 07:11 AM
It looked to me like the Steelers took this game off and did just enough to win. They do have many injured players by the sound of it from the announcers. Im hoping our Bolts dont have a let down facing the Browns as the Steelers did with the giants.

maverjoe
12-19-2004, 08:05 AM
best thing about that game.....WE CAN BEAT THE STEELERS.

stamm321
12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
it was irritating to watch sheli have an AVERAGE game. thats all it was to me.
his teammates however, played hard with alot of heart
the steelers could of easily lost this game. it was an obvious trap game for them.
the sad thing, is shelis average game gives the announcers something to scream about for the next 7 days about how sheli is the greatest, bla bla bla.

I hope the chargers watched that game. they need to realize that any given sunday... you cant take a week off against any team.

Hope the bolts dominate today! i dont want another heart attack game. hoping for a huge blowout, large enough for LT and Drew to sit out the entire 4th quarter and get some extra rest.

SDRaiderH8er
12-19-2004, 08:18 AM
The best thing that came out of that was....

The Steelers are a beatable team, they are not nothing that scares me.

The are going to be like Mariners a couple of Years ago, they won a lot of Games, and set some records in the process, yet they did not win the World Series.

New England and Philadelphia with their passing Game, now they scare me.

nutznboltz
12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Any team is beatable. The Giants have 14 guys on IR and your talking about the Steelers being beat up. I thought Eli had a very good game considering he played bend a lot of 2nd teamers. Give credit where credit's due.

Gadzooks
12-20-2004, 10:47 AM
I'd rather play Pitt over N.E. anyday