PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Sooner!

oklahomasooners
12-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I cant wait for the National Championship game! This is taking forever! Boomer Sooner, you will hear that song a lot on January 4th!

Psquared
12-25-2004, 08:41 PM
screw the sooners.

p.s. I'm not really into college football as a whole. I mean what the hell is so special about teams winning against other teams where the disparity in talent level is so wide?

oklahomasooners
12-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey man, don't say that. Don't be jealous of a team that CAN'T be beat.

Psquared
12-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Pffft. Like I said what's the big deal about a team going undefeated when the talent level between them and their opponent is so big.

oklahomasooners
12-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Ask USC fans that.

Psquared
12-25-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm asking all college football fans that question.

oklahomasooners
12-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Well, out here in Okkie land, we have no professional sports team. All we have is 3 Division 1 College Football Teams. Tulsa sucks. OSU sucks. OU is the only thing we got.

Psquared
12-25-2004, 09:17 PM
I understand that, but the hype that seems to surround college football is annoying. Big freaking deal if USC, Ok, or Miami (FL) beats some schmuck division 1aa school. I just think that if the greed were to stop and a playoff system installed then it would add much more credibility to the championship.

Don't get me wrong, I really only watch college football to look at draft prospects but I am geeked for this championship between ok and USC. I myself am a California homer so it should be obvious who I'm rooting for.

oklahomasooners
12-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by: Psquared
I understand that, but the hype that seems to surround college football is annoying. Big freaking deal if USC, Ok, or Miami (FL) beats some schmuck division 1aa school. I just think that if the greed were to stop and a playoff system installed then it would add much more credibility to the championship.

Don't get me wrong, I really only watch college football to look at draft prospects but I am geeked for this championship between ok and USC. I myself am a California homer so it should be obvious who I'm rooting for.

OU? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Psquared
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Weall i used the abbreviation for the state but yeah I meant OU.

oklahomasooners
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Weall i used the abbreviation for the state but yeah I meant OU.

No, I mean is that who ur going for? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GoMathews
12-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm asking all college football fans that question.

Go to college or meet some locals and you will know. And i tend to disagree with you that the talent levels are viewed as being so widespread. Conferences such as the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and 12 always upset each other in interconference play. Do not get me wrong I am a huge NFL fan and spend countless hours staying well informed, but you will not find a louder, more electried atmospehere when college rivals play each other.
Oklahmossooners, as i proud college football fan I understand your joy and excitement on the upcoming game. Goodluck, I will be rooting for the Sooners on Jan. 4. I will also be rooting for my Florida State Seminoles on January 1st!

oklahomasooners
12-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by: GoTomlinson
Goodluck, I will be rooting for the Sooners on Jan. 4. I will also be rooting for my Florida State Seminoles on January 1st!

Yeah! You are the first person in this forum that I know, besides me, of that is rooting for OU! Smart choice. Good Luck to your Seminoles!

isaic16
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
I've got a sister who is an OU alum. Boomer Sooner. And how about some love for my school, Virginia Tech on the third, eh?

ftwbolt
12-28-2004, 07:31 PM
screw the sooners.

p.s. I'm not really into college football as a whole. I mean what the hell is so special about teams winning against other teams where the disparity in talent level is so wide?

Your right the talent level is wide, but the cream still rises to the top. And unfortunately the N C A A and the B S C (BCS) manages to screw things up by not having a playoffs. But some of that talent are future NFL players.

ftwbolt
12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: oklahomasooners
Well, out here in Okkie land, we have no professional sports team. All we have is 3 Division 1 College Football Teams. Tulsa sucks. OSU sucks. OU is the only thing we got.

Where do you sit at in Memorial stadium, and how did you become a BOLT fan ??

Shamrock
12-28-2004, 09:48 PM
OU?
Zero U

ftwbolt
12-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Shamrock

OU?
Zero U

Jealous closet Longhorn fan. ;i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Huskerboy
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Since I'm a Cornhusker, Okie could really have a field day answering this........
USC is much faster, and plays an offense that the OKIES have problems with.
More than anything White can't run, and he'll get killed. Maybe he can come back for a 6th season.Do you realize that White has been in college football longer than the average NFL player plays in the pros.
They should change his name to .........um, lets see......... GINO TORETTA WHITE

IgorUnchained
12-30-2004, 06:50 PM

Preach on!

kjc1222
01-02-2005, 04:51 PM
I am a huge Sooner fan, I have season tickets, I follow college football very closely. This is going to be the most anticipated national championship ever. I cant wait. Boomer Sooner!

oklahomasooners
01-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by: ftwbolt
Where do you sit at in Memorial stadium, and how did you become a BOLT fan ??

I haven't got to go to a Sooner game, yet. I became a bolt fan when the Chargers beat my brother's favorite team, the Chiefs. It was about 1995. He was so mad! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ItsOsgood
01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER OU OU OU!!!!!!!!!

TemeculaMike
01-04-2005, 11:08 PM

The Sooners can't be beat????

http://www.gridironfans.com/albums/album36/bwahahah_70.jpg

I told you the Sooners would lose in other posts (http://forums.chargers.com/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=2845), and now the scoreboard proves it.

USC is Number 1 and the national champs. No team is close, not OU, Auburn, Cal, Utah, or St. Agnus's school for the blind (which would have probably beat the OU team that showed up).

I will acknowledge that I was wrong about 1 thing, I thought the Sooners would actually make this a competitive game. I was wrong. The Sooners really suck.

New National Rankings:

1. USC
2. nobody worthy
3. once again - nobody worthy
4. Auburn
5. Utah
12. OU

Chargers
01-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Ouch. Wasn't even close.

oklahomasooners
01-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Damn, we sucked a$$! I was expecting a good game. I stopped watching at half time. I guess USC really is better, THIS YEAR!

ftwbolt
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: TemeculaMike

The Sooners can't be beat????

http://www.gridironfans.com/albums/album36/bwahahah_70.jpg

I told you the Sooners would lose in other posts (http://forums.chargers.com/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=2845), and now the scoreboard proves it.

USC is Number 1 and the national champs. No team is close, not OU, Auburn, Cal, Utah, or St. Agnus's school for the blind (which would have probably beat the OU team that showed up).

I will acknowledge that I was wrong about 1 thing, I thought the Sooners would actually make this a competitive game. I was wrong. The Sooners really suck.

New National Rankings:

1. USC
2. nobody worthy
3. once again - nobody worthy
4. Auburn
5. Utah
12. OU

They finish 3rd.

Yeah- they look like ****, and played like ****. The turnover's were very uncharacteristic of this team.
Thats the worst game of a Stoops coached team. Flat out ugly.

TemeculaMike
01-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Damn, we sucked a$$! I was expecting a good game. I stopped watching at half time. I guess USC really is better, THIS YEAR!

And last year
And Next year, etc.