PDA

View Full Version : For those who are curious about Bob Sanders....

Swifty1812
12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
I know its old news, but I figured this video would some up why we like him so much.

http://www.scothawk.com/flvswf...hawkeyehitlist2003.swf (http://www.scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/2003highlights/hawkeyehitlist2003.swf)

Thunderstruck
12-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah I like kids who play that way. I'm hoping we pick up a physical DB like that in the draft this offseason. There's been something missing ever since we let Rodney go to the Patriots.

iowachargers
01-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Proud to say former Hawkeye.

GoBigBlue88
01-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks, Swifty!

Bob's only problem this year has been injury, he's only played 5 games this season, and 1 of those was only special teams. I don't know if it's indicative of Bob's talent or the Colts' defensive woes, but he was promoted to starting in his second game. He had like 30 tackles over 3 games and returned a fumble for a TD. He almost blocked a game-winning FG by Scobee against the Colts.

He'll be good someday, but I wouldn't be surprised if nobody here ('cept Hawks fans) has heard of him.

He'll take 10-12 snaps against Denver tomorrow, if anyone's interested in that.

IgorUnchained
01-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: GoBigBlue88
Thanks, Swifty!

Bob's only problem this year has been injury, he's only played 5 games this season, and 1 of those was only special teams. I don't know if it's indicative of Bob's talent or the Colts' defensive woes, but he was promoted to starting in his second game. He had like 30 tackles over 3 games and returned a fumble for a TD. He almost blocked a game-winning FG by Scobee against the Colts.

He'll be good someday, but I wouldn't be surprised if nobody here ('cept Hawks fans) has heard of him.

Im a fan of anyone who makes the big hit....and have heard of Sanders before for sure. He is a bright spot for sure on that defense. Alot of folks on the forum would be very happy to draft a guy like Bob for next years Chargers team, myself included.

GoBigBlue88
01-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained

Originally posted by: GoBigBlue88

Thanks, Swifty!

Im a fan of anyone who makes the big hit....and have heard of Sanders before for sure. He is a bright spot for sure on that defense. Alot of folks on the forum would be very happy to draft a guy like Bob for next years Chargers team, myself included.

Thanks, good to know you've heard of him. He's just a good all-around DB. We have him paired with Mike Doss, who's a great hitter but has possibly the WORST pass coverage skills of any DB in the league. Plus, for some reason, he's slow! But two guys that bring the hammer in the backfield = good against the run lol.