PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Cents to all respectful football fans

SoCalBroncosFan
12-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Anybody who watches ESPN enough lately, will understand what I have to say. I have to say that I am a bit confused as to the wild praise that the panthers and bills have been getting lately. Commentators galore have been spuing statements such as, " OoO What a horrible travesty and shame it will be of the panthers who came from 1-7 dont make the playoffs, and OoO the bills, with their incredible steam towards the end are more deserving of a playoff spot " Now let me get this straight... because these 2 teams blew hard at the beginning of the season but now have caught a bit of fire, they are the most deserving of all teams fighting for the Wild Cards. IMO that is a bunch of horse $$$$. The last time I checked, the league schedual consists of 16 regular season games of equal value. A win in week 4 is just as good as a win in week 8. So why is it that because the bills and panthers won the majority of their games in the latter half of the season, they are better than teams with equal or greater records??. so if what they (the writers/reporters/bandwagoners) say is true.. than they are saying that a team such as the broncos, who won some games during the begining/middle/and end of the season, isnt anywhere near the level as a team who sucked @$$ for the first half, but had a great second half.,, Also why is it that the Panthers coach, whos team currently has a losing record of 7-8 is getting a bigger push for coach of the year than a coach of a team with a much better record such as Marty S. or Bill Bellichek.?? So I guess the coach of the year thing applies to only how well you've done in recent memory, not the season as a whole.?.I'm sorry I needed to vent this, I hope I'm not the only one who has noticed this pattern and agrees that , for lack of a better term, it blows...

GoMathews
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
You are right, a win in week 1 is just as important as a win in week 17. I believe the Panthers are being glorified because they have adjusted from their injury plagued season up to this point. They are competitive once again and that is in part thanks to the coaching. The Panthers and the Bills have been playing like they have to win or else.... That is the kind of mentality you need going into the playoffs and they have been pulling it off week after week. By week 17, football teams usually have all the bugs fixed and the remaining cracks filled, which in return makes it really hard for a team to change its course. Unless of course you are the Colts in an early round playoff game, or the Philadelphia Eagles playing in the NFC championship game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif