PDA

View Full Version : Don't draft another Wide Receiver!

WARHAWKS
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
u know ryan krasue he have been stepped up and i saw him break tons of tackles and a got touchdown pass...he pretty amazing he can be factor.

GamblerLT5
01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree we need more defense, the only guy I'd consider is if Mike Williams is still there when we pick

WARHAWKS
01-02-2005, 06:21 PM
yep and we need to draft bob sander to backup godfrey or edward they can retire next 2 years or so....also draft for secondry

mgpretzel
01-02-2005, 06:38 PM
We are set on WR. Floyd, Osgood, Parker, Caldwell are all young and will be here for awhile. McCardell is here another year, and mabey longer if we re-sign him. We will probably pick up a WR late in the draft or Un-Drafted FA, or F Agency. WE need a FS if Hart or Milligan isn't up to par. If someone like Sean taylor is avalible get him. Another thing we need is a BIG BIG Pass rushing DE. Go after a Pass rusher that was a DT in collage. turn him into a DE in the 3-4

RollinThunder
01-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Yep, Roderique Wright DT, Texas at 6'5" 315.

GamblerLT5
01-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Bob Sanders?

isnt he the FS for the Colts?

mgpretzel
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
OO Don't get someone from the colts secondary. the 2ndary sucks.

Rip
01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Krause is a tight end, not a WR.

Plus who cares if he had one good game at the end of the season, remember Jermaine Fazande?? We needed a RB bad, but he had 183 yards in the final game of the 1999 season, and we figured he was gonna be a star so we didnt bother to draft and RB and what happened?? He stunk and we had no run game that year.

Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams are both gamebreakers and would be instant upgrades for this offense

Semperfidelis48
01-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by: Rip

Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams are both gamebreakers and would be instant upgrades for this offense

Unfortunately for us, I doubt either one of them drop to the 12th spot. Clayton is a possibility depending on what he does at the combine and tonight, but I have a feeling Clayton at 12 will probably be a reach.

Lightningfire
01-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I would love to add a WR like Edwards, but (1) I doubt he'd be available at No. 12, and (2) I doubt AJ would spend the 12th pick on a wideout. My guess is he will take a pass rusher, preferably a LB.

JoeMcRugby
01-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: Semperfidelis48

Originally posted by: Rip

Unfortunately for us, I doubt either one of them drop to the 12th spot. Clayton is a possibility depending on what he does at the combine and tonight, but I have a feeling Clayton at 12 will probably be a reach.

Actually, due to Williams' poor times in the 40, many draft publications are predicting that there's a very good chance that he'll be available at the 12th pick.

IMO 40 times don't make a football player. Jerry Rice had a halfway decent NFL career despite an average 40 time, didn't he? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

lego
01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
If Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams isn't there at 12. I see the Chargers drafting a DE or LB. They need an impact player at any of these positions if one is available. Maybe a CB or safety. I think the Chargers will pursue FA this year to fill a few of these needs. In AJ we trust i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

GamblerLT5
01-04-2005, 04:50 PM
LB or CB with first pick

beachlover6882
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I disagree if edwards is on the board we take him, if rolle is on the board we take him. if there
is atop olineman after those guys are gone take him. remember every thing starts up front
remember we have 2 picks (UNLIKE THE BEATHARD DAYS WHEN WE GOT ON THE BOARD AT
5 OR 6PM THE FIRST DAY OF THE DRAFT. OR LIKE IN 94 WE DIDN'T GET TO DRAFT UNTIL MIDWAY
THRU THE THIRD ROUND.) WE HAVE THE LUXURY to take the best player on the board, and
not a need pick

drangus
01-04-2005, 07:07 PM
The best player according to whom?!!!!!!

AJ--always takes what he needs and what is best for his team--Have you forgotten how the media ripped his 2004 draft because he didn't take Gallery or any of the other O-linemen that were being advertised--he took hardwick and everyone said that guy was not ready to play!!!!!!!!!!

Don't expect AJ to draft the popular or hyped guy--he goes after the hardworking, durable, team oriented guys with no ego--like allstate with AJ we are in good hands!!!!!!!

EVEN DREW BREES QUESTIONED HIS MOVES IN THE OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!DON'T FORGET!

phicart
01-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry guys...had to go to the bathroom. Anyway, I gotta stick up for my man Braylon. YES, I did see the Ohio State game! Killed me! I bleed maize and blue and have a wolverine as a house pet (by the way, he has a lightening bolt branded on his read). Why do you think I like the Chargers so much...anything in bule and gold makes me weak in the knees. OK, back to business...the Ohio State game...I admit Braylon had a bad day -- 11 catches, 172 yards with a long of 46 and a 38 yard touchdown. He should have gone over 200 yards and a couple more TD's and we might have won the game. Still, I think the Chargers could benefit from having a guy that has that kind of bad game. What makes the Colts so fearful? You don't know where they are coming from. THREE wide recievers over a grand and ten TD's and a running back with plus 1500! We don't put that kind of fear into people, YET...but we a pretty darn close. We have the best running back in the league, a better tight end than can be found in the current known universe, one scarry WR and a good receiving WR. We need one more WR that can that can put the fear of God in defensive coordinators. Deal done! The other thing we have is a better defensive TEAM than most eveyone...EXCEPT at man to man coverage. The saying goes, "Speed kills!". That is completely correct...speed on defense kills drives. We got burned on third and long too many times playing zone with no rush. Not the lines fault; three or four rushing against five late in the game when you've given your all for 55 minutes ain't fair. So you blitz and get burned because you don't have the speed to cover. What works for us, also works against us. We do need a WR with a first pick because we can get the final piece to our offensive needs AND get top quality help in the defensive backfield NOW. This is a special year. What are most of the teams ahead of us looking for...offense. And we now have two first round picks. Were it me running things, I would commit to Drew Brews...I think he has erned it. I'd trade Phillip Rivers to one of the first ten in the draft looking for a quaterback this year for their first and fourth round picks. I would draft Bralon Edwards for the reasons I've stated previously and take two of the best defensive backs I could find. I would draft a quarter back with my first pick in the second round...this year has a ton of guys that can be developed into a darn good QB in a few years. He also wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg while in development. Next, I'm looking for big athletes to develop into speed rushers I can use late in the game when everyone is tired. I'm out!

JoeMcRugby
Originally posted by: guimcharger

Originally posted by: HeadTrip
Im not sure if Big Mike would provide the deep threat that we need, but he would provide a very talented, big threat and depth at WR which we need. Reche really stepped it up, but he is injury prone, same with EP, and KM is getting a bit up there in years. I think we would do well to take advantage of his tutlage while we have it.

You are completely disregarding Osgood. He has more talent then Mike Williams. Osgood is a deep threat and his heighth creates big mismatches with tiny DB's.

If Osgood has more "talent", then why did more than 220 picks go by without him being selected? There's a reason for that (and it's not a "conspiracy").

Osgood may turn out to be a better receiver than Williams, but saying he's more "talented" than Williams is a slap at the 6'4" Williams who everyone has projected at the top of the draft and proved it against top level talent week in and week out in his college career.

2ANGELES7
I think K.Osgood can become our #1 WR.. with a bit more expericence, he'll be great.. and with R.Caldwell back and E.Parker I think we can be set on the WRs.. K.Mac is getting older but he can still play.. M.Floyd will be good in a couple yrs.

I don't think we NEED a WR but if M.Williams or B.Edwards is still there, we should draft em.

drangus
malcom floyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the chargers are crazy about this guy

guimcharger
Im not sure if Big Mike would provide the deep threat that we need, but he would provide a very talented, big threat and depth at WR which we need. Reche really stepped it up, but he is injury prone, same with EP, and KM is getting a bit up there in years. I think we would do well to take advantage of his tutlage while we have it.

You are completely disregarding Osgood. He has more talent then Mike Williams. Osgood is a deep threat and his heighth creates big mismatches with tiny DB's.

HeadTrip

JoeMcRugby
A pointless debate, since he will be gone by 12. From what I hear, big mike might last untill the 12th pick though. Out of the top picks Im not sure that more that 1 will want a WR, and the first receiver taken will most likely be Edwards.

That's exactly what I've read on multiple fronts. And if he's available, he'd have to be seriously considered.

HeadTrip
A pointless debate, since he will be gone by 12. From what I hear, big mike might last untill the 12th pick though. Out of the top picks Im not sure that more that 1 will want a WR, and the first receiver taken will most likely be Edwards.

GamblerLT5
Yes I agree he did tear it up in the Rose Bowl but did you see him in possibly even a bigger game...Ohio State vs. Michigan, he dropped so many passes and did not step it up against a young inexperienced Ohio State secondary, he looked like he was scared the whole game

GamblerLT5
what im saying is that hes inconsistent...he'll have an amazing game then the next he'll drop a bunch of passes and have a mediocre game

phicart
BUT, since we can't get Edwards, we should stay at Michigan and take a close look at either Marlon Jackson or Ernest Shazor for the defensive backfield. Both All Americans and both should be available. We will get a better pass rush if we have better one on one coverage. The Colts game showed we can either blitz and get burned or drop back and get burned at critical times. We rank where we do in pass defensive for a reason.

phicart
On your Braylon Edwards comments, were you watghing a different Rose Bowl than the rest of us? We could use some "shakey" like that. Also, comparing him to David Terrell and Marquis Walker is like comparing Drew Brees to Ryan Leaf. Neither Terrell nor Walker set recieving records at Michigan nor won the Biletikoff Award. More accurate to refer to him as a big Anthony Carter. The guy has speed and pedigree. Ran track in high school competingin the 60m, the 200m and the high jump. And hsi dad played in the NFL. He also finished school. We'd be lucky to get him, but we won't because someone else will take him before we get the chance.

GamblerLT5
Davis sucks first off...2nd off we are top 5 in the league offensively in scoring so a lack of a star WR isnt hurting us that badly, and we are like in the bottom 5-10 in pass defense, And I say we switch one of our CB's to safety like Florence, yes we need another DB

urlacher54
lol so ur saying we dont need a wide reciever? We need a deep threat, is Mccardel supposed to be that LOL! That guy cant run the deep ball, parker tends to get offbalance when he runs deep patterns. We do need a threat and if there is not a ligit wide reciever left by the 12 pick i say get the best player availble regardless of the position(except QB, RB, TE ofcourse) And a Defensive back? R u crazy we dont need one of those, we have Jammer, and florence, those are two studs. What we need is better passrushing, was 26 in NFL! Could use someone upfront like spears or pollard. Besides that, Move Jammer to Safety, and put florence and davis on corners

GamblerLT5
When we had a top 10 pick I thought the only WR I would wanna draft is mike williams, the guy is a beast and will be a beast in the NFL. Now that we have the 12th pick I doubt he will be there but many people seem to want Braylon Edwards, the guy is shaky. He drops way too many passes, he catches too many balls with his body, I have a feeling hes gonna be like the 2 Michigan WR's before him that were suppose to be awesome David Terrell and Marquis Walker, do nothing in the pros. We have 1 of the leagues best TE's, the best catching RB, and some decent WR's (KM, Parker) we do not need to spend our first on a WR.

I'd like to go LB or DB with our 1st pick, sign some linemen in FA

Capfan
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
No 3rd rounder for us this year, barring another trade of some kind. Hopefully the Bolts wil be picking at #32 in the 2nd though....

tarballed
Another sleeper that is going to be steal in the later rounds:

Jovan Bouknight(?), WR from Wyoming. Fast, runs very good routes and has good hands. Just been overlooked because he plays for Wyoming.

Chargers
Good call on the Santana Moss comparison. That's who I relate him to as well.

GamblerLT5
Roscoe Parrish WR, from Miami just declared to enter the draft today

hes small at 5'9 but is fast as hell, runs in the 4.3 range probably, possibly 4.2 range...a great punt/kick returner and we do need one...and you all know how those Miami players turn out to be in the pros, he reminds me like former Hurricane WR Santana Moss, same size and very fast, and both dangerous return men I think Parrish would be a good pickup in the 2nd or 3rd round

MoveitMister
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by: GamblerLT5
Bob Sanders?

isnt he the FS for the Colts?
Yep!

And he's a bit short for the AFC West.