PDA

View Full Version : Can the Chargers Stop the Bus?

onedesertdog
01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Clearly the Chargers are the best all around team in the AFC Playoffs. However, I am looking at our next opponent "The Steelers" and the BUS concerns me!
What are your thoughts?i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

WARHAWKS
01-03-2005, 04:17 PM
well steelers dont concern me except bus and ward....we can stop bus cause he slow we can stop him like we stop weathly. but ward i think our secondry will do same thing in whole game as they did to colts...they dominted! i believe secondry can do it.

botlkid8
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
to stop ward you must stop ben. We can stop the bus but remeber they also have a good change of pace with staley so we got to be on our toes.

SteelTeen1322
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Bettis is very very fast...i think more than most know. Some of you here havent watched any steelers games this year, but the bus has his old legs back. He is by far faster than Duce

Sdboltz619
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
the bus is the fastest big rb that the nfl may have ever seen. The Chargers have fast lb's and a solid run defense. I think the chargers can beat the steelers and shut down their offense

onedesertdog
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: Sdboltz619
the bus is the fastest big rb that the nfl may have ever seen. The Chargers have fast lb's and a solid run defense. I think the chargers can beat the steelers and shut down their offense

i/expressions/SDG_Lance_Alworth.gif

I think the Bus is making one last run for the barn. He wants to go out in style.

spysnipedis
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
why the heck are we talking about Steelers when Chargers play the Jets!!!

without a win against the Jets there will be no Steelers...

SteelTeen1322
01-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by: spysnipedis

its just fun to look ahead sometimes...no hurt in it

onedesertdog
01-03-2005, 04:33 PM

And where is your confidence level????????????

MoveitMister
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM

You tell em, Spy!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MoveitMister
01-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Since this is a moot point UNTIL after Saturday evening, I'm moving this over to the Around the NFL area.

SteelTeen1322
01-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by: onedesertdog

Originally posted by: Sdboltz619

I think the Bus is making one last run for the barn. He wants to go out in style.

definatly true...right now he is motivated and fueled by the fact that Staley was made starter ahead of him this year(and that Zeroue started over him last year)...Jerome is a man on a mission and no one has stopped him yet...he has started in 6 games the entire year, and in those 6 games he had a total of 730 yards. The bus is a man on a mission and refuses to be stopped.

JDaySoCal
01-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Our 3-4 will lay down the spike strips.

The wheels on the bus will not be going round 'n round.

i/expressions/SDG_Donnie_Edwards.gif

SteelTeen1322
01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by: JDaySoCal
Our 3-4 will lay down the spike strips.

The wheels on the bus will not be going round 'n round.

lol i like the metephors....and you mite be right....but you also mite not be right. Jerome is a punishing runner, that will wear and tear ANY defense, especially in the second half. No one has stopped him yet, and he isnt slowing down for anybody. And right now he get to enjoy some time resting in the garage, and gettin ready to hit the road again(i can use metaphores too lol)

BoltCutter
01-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by: onedesertdog
Clearly the Chargers are the best all around team in the AFC Playoffs. However, I am looking at our next opponent "The Steelers" and the BUS concerns me!

What are your thoughts?

I must disagree with your first premise. However, I agree that stopping the Bus will be a daunting task.

goretek
01-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I think the fastest 'BIG' back has to be 'thug' Jamal Lewis. That fool takes off.

CHARGERNATION
01-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Can the Steelers stop LT, Gates & Brees????

SteelTeen1322
01-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: CHARGERNATION
Can the Steelers stop LT, Gates & Brees????

to be honest, i dont know...but they stopped McNabb, T.O. & Westbrook already:
PASSING
--------------CP/AT-YDS-TD--INT
D. McNabb 15/24---109--0----1

RUSHING
-----------------ATT-YDS-TD--LG
B. Westbrook 6------17---0---13

RECEIVING
------------REC-YDS-TD--LG
T. Owens 7------53---0---20

duno if thats the same, but thats still pretty impressive