PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss

chargerfan14
01-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Sometimes the bagage folks bring along is not worth it. Our CHargers are a team. There are no egos that over shadow anyone even amonsts our best players. The idea of leaving a game while it still is going on is a poor showing...

foty89
01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Are you insane?!

NO WAY! NO WAY IN HELL!

He is a great receiver, be he is also the wrost team cancer you could possibly imagine. How can you have watched this team develop this year and suggest that we do this? It would be worse than getting Boston and Marcie back.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Thunderstruck
01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Randy Moss is uncoachable. No way. Besides, neither Brees not Rivers is a deep-ball QB, and that's Randy's strength. It's not a good fit.

Rip
01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I wouldnt do it.

Our offense is fine, there is no need to spend 2 #1's and $75m on a quitter
Brees proved this year we could win with these WR. Now if Mike WIlliams or Braylon Edwards slip to us in the first round, that i would do, but i would give up all that to get one player.

Those picks, and that money could go to fix our lines (Both need help, not just the DL) and fix our secondary

Rip
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
but the diffrence between TO and Moss, is that TO cares about winning.

TO might get mad here and there, btu the fact is, he cares more about winning then anything else.

Plus he has a real strict work ethic, he wants to improve and be the best he can be, sure he gloats and has been known to complain, but when it comes down to it, he will do what ever it takes to win, unlike moss who just trys to get by on his natural talent.

SDynasty
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
If we are going to get randy we should go get boston back so he has company. thanks but no thanks

Dan40
01-09-2005, 12:06 PM
I'd rather have DJ Houshmanzadeh or Mushin Muhammed.

Thunderstruck
01-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: HeadTrip

Originally posted by: Dan40

I'd rather have DJ Houshmanzadeh or Mushin Muhammed.

They arnt on the block... randy might be. Im telling you, where ever he goes is going to have a great season next year and I would prefer it to be here.

They are (likely) free agents, meaning we wouldn't have to mortgage our future to obtain one of them.

broncossuck7
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
we don't need randy, we need a Wr that isn't a big timer like TO or moss but like a speedy threat like santana moss

foty89
01-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Man HeadTrip, you are certainly earning your name with this thread, you are insane. Moss cares about winning, that must explain why he left the field last week before the game was over.

Let's see, don't forget about the drug history, the driving over metermaid history and the total disrespect for anyone else except himself history.

If it were a choice between playing iwth him or playing with only ten men, I'd take the ten men every day from now until the end of time.

He will never be a Charger. A.J. is way too smart to do something so stupid.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

foty89
01-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Just in case there were any who still believed that we should get him. He just mooned the fans in Green Bay after he got a TD. So HeadTrip, still think we should get this piece of dog crap! He is the entire reason I hate the Vikings.

I hope the NFL suspends him for the rest of the playoffs for that. What a jerk. The Chargers fans would rise up if he came here.

Go Bolts!

SDynasty
01-09-2005, 05:22 PM
classless peice of garbage of a human being if he were my kid, well i cant say

HeadTrip
01-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah i dont like players that score effortless TDs. I guess what it comes down to is I think he is the most talented player in the league and im willing to deal with his "mooning" of greenbay. You think its too big of a distraction.

crazyman33
01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
wait he full-on pulled down his pants and mooned em?

Dan40
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by: crazyman33

Damn these wardrobe malfunctions.

foty89
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah i dont like players that score effortless TDs. I guess what it comes down to is I think he is the most talented player in the league and im willing to deal with his "mooning" of greenbay. You think its too big of a distraction.

So you subscribe to the theory of winning at any cost? Maybe you should be a Raider fan. While it is nice to win, sometimes the cost is just too high. I can not believe that you would still want this thing after this.

Go Bolts!

MoveitMister
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Moss wouldn't come here and AJ wouldn't spend the cheese to bring him here!

IgorUnchained
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I dont have a problem with the mooning...I thought it was actually really funny ( the "goal post butt wipe" was a little much)

I dont like the bad publicity that that kind of thing gives the team. Do you think the reporters will be talking about a great Vikings post season win, or him playing pattycake in the end zone? Yeah we all know... and that is a problem. The fact that he is in the news so much, and not as "one guy on a team".....that is too much of a distraction.

I do agree that he is BY FAR- the best WR in the game.....Terrell who? and I love to watch him play. His goofiness and personality dont offend me at all, but think his ego and his distractions would still be a wrong fit for the San Diego TEAM mentailty that is so wonderful to watch.

Jcharger5525
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: crazyman33

Thats what I want to know. It looked to me like he was pretending to, but they only showed it once. Joe Buck was really mad with him.
On signing him to the Chargers, him and McCardell are two completely different players and leaders, I think there would be a big leadership issue.

guimcharger
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Moss has the talent but no heart. Just like Boston had the talent and no heart.

geekster
01-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by: guimcharger
Moss has the talent but no heart. Just like Boston had the talent and no heart.

"Talent and Class do not necessarily go together" - - quote from ESPN post-game analysis

IgorUnchained
01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
He didnt really moon them...just made the motion and then rubbed his butt on the goal post.

Thats what I mean..it isnt a big deal, but the media will make it a big deal

HeadTrip
01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
I didnt think it was a big deal either. I find that more funny than most of TOs celebrations (although he nailed that ray lewis dance). Today he had 4 catches, 70 yards, 2 TDs. He had a bad ankle and he hurt his hammy this year, yet he is still being doubled on the field. If he were ont he Bolts the D would have to double either Gates or Moss, but never both and we could ALWAYS take advantage of that. Plus LT with 5 people in the box is i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif!

BTW, dont call me a raider fan. Im never going to stab anyone because the duds lost a game or any crap like that. Im just not offended by Moss's actons as you are. I think this is an emotional game and sometimes these things are ok. I know he has done some things in the past that are unacceptable, I also know that winning cures a lot of problems. TO hasnt been a problem child in phily after pulling far worse crap in SF than Moss ever has.

foty89
01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Winning only cures problems for those who are only concerned about winning. I like a winning team as much as the next guy, but not at the cost of having players like Moss. If you saw anything about the Chargers this year, you should have seen that it is a team and that the players are good people who care about each other and the team. You would have us bring in someone who would destroy that?

And yes, T.O. is very popular in Philly. But after losing in the NFC championship three years in a row, they would probably put up with anything to get to the Super Bowl. That is understandable, but does not make it right.

Thankfully, Moss will never be a Charger.

Go Bolts!

sandyk
01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by: foty89
Winning only cures problems for those who are only concerned about winning. I like a winning team as much as the next guy, but not at the cost of having players like Moss. If you saw anything about the Chargers this year, you should have seen that it is a team and that the players are good people who care about each other and the team. You would have us bring in someone who would destroy that?

And yes, T.O. is very popular in Philly. But after losing in the NFC championship three years in a row, they would probably put up with anything to get to the Super Bowl. That is understandable, but does not make it right.

Thankfully, Moss will never be a Charger.

Go Bolts!

I agree.
Randy is a cancer and a distraction. He has no respect for his coaches, his team, or himself. He has ego, not respect. Leave him where he is and let them deal with him. I rather have the classy players we have. THey are not just good players but, good people.

chargerfan14
01-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained
He didnt really moon them...just made the motion and then rubbed his butt on the goal post.

It most certainly is a big deal. I watch these games with my young son and I would prefer him to see how great athletes handle success (and failure). I would have no problem if the lil tyke learned from LT, Brees, Gates, Edwards and so many others. I hate the grandstanding in the first place ala TO Touchdown Dance. Moss went much further in showing his complete lack of class.

powderblue
01-13-2005, 05:12 PM
its tj houshmanzadeh. and yeah i wouldnt put moss on my team if you paid me. he should have been fined more then 10,00. congrats joe buck

MoveitMister
01-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Was anyone listening to Scott and BR sometime earlier this week?

BR said he didn't mind Randy pretending to moon the fans, considering that the fans do it to the visiting players when their buses enter and exit the stadium. If that's true, then I don't blame Randy.

Randy was just saluting them in a manner that they could understand.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

rrogers
01-14-2005, 01:35 AM
This is the problem with the NFL and great players. There was a time that one person was not bigger then the team. With Randy Moss, TO, Ray Lewis and a few more think that the game belongs to them. I long for the days past in which a team was just that, a team.

sandyk
01-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by: rrogers
This is the problem with the NFL and great players. There was a time that one person was not bigger then the team. With Randy Moss, TO, Ray Lewis and a few more think that the game belongs to them. I long for the days past in which a team was just that, a team.

Well said.

MoveitMister
01-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: sandyk

Well said.

Nine Inch Nails.
Post of the month, in my book!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

foty89
01-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: chargerfan14

Originally posted by: IgorUnchained

It most certainly is a big deal. I watch these games with my young son and I would prefer him to see how great athletes handle success (and failure). I would have no problem if the lil tyke learned from LT, Brees, Gates, Edwards and so many others. I hate the grandstanding in the first place ala TO Touchdown Dance. Moss went much further in showing his complete lack of class.

Exactly my feeling on the subject. Whether you choose to accept it or not, children look up the athletes and imitate what they see. Have you ever wondered why so many kids are turning out so rotten? Some of the athletes they are watching might just have something to do with it. It is not the whole cause, but it is part of the cause.

Go Bolts!

foty89
01-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by: MoveitMister

BR said he didn't mind Randy pretending to moon the fans, considering that the fans do it to the visiting players when their buses enter and exit the stadium. If that's true, then I don't blame Randy.

That is supposedly true, however, for me that does not change anything. When you were a kid, didnít your mom teach you not to sink to the level of someone doing something that you knew was not right? It is just like the idiotic NBA hoodlums who went into the stands. I am not saying that it is OK for fans to do things to players, but it just makes it much worse when players do things to fans. Some day one of these idiots is going to do something that sparks a riot.

Go Bolts!

foty89
01-15-2005, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by: sandyk

Well said.

Nine Inch Nails.

Post of the month, in my book!

Yep, great post there.

Go Bolts!

MoveitMister
01-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by: foty89

That is supposedly true, however, for me that does not change anything. When you were a kid, didnít your mom teach you not to sink to the level of someone doing something that you knew was not right? It is just like the idiotic NBA hoodlums who went into the stands. I am not saying that it is OK for fans to do things to players, but it just makes it much worse when players do things to fans. Some day one of these idiots is going to do something that sparks a riot.

Go Bolts!

Tony Dungy, Boomer, Steve Young, TJ, Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice all were discussing this aspect of the story this morning, so the 'supposed' is out the window.

I never said I condoned it, nor is it the way I'd like to see a pro athlete handle adversity.
If the NFL were truly serious about this, they would have leveled a fine that Randy would have taken seriously.

Suspend him for a game for his conduct, like they threatened Lynch with.

THAT he and the Vikings organization would understand instead of joking that he'd 'just throw some cash on the table because that check was too low an amount to bother to write a check for'.
His words on NFL Countdown this morning while getting into his truck, not mine.

crazyman33
01-16-2005, 11:22 AM
i think someone should poop on randys head