PDA

View Full Version : vick is overrated

Donnie
01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Michael Vick is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated; 13 Tds and 12 INTs! Howd this guy make the Pro Bowl?! All he does is scramble!

Rip
01-09-2005, 04:47 PM
because the pro bowl is a popularity contest and vick is exciting, and thus people like watching him, plus he is a winner, plain and simple

crazyman33
01-09-2005, 04:49 PM
i have one play for u bud... its 4th and goal from like the 10 yard line. They need to score a td to win the game.. everyone is pumped.. the fans are screaming... They line up, vick gets the snap and drops back. No one open! So he takes off his shirt revealing the superman outfit beneath it. Super-Vick runs right up the middle and dives for the goal line, flying with effortless grace. Someone in the stands yells: "Who is that?" Another man responds "Its a bird" Then theres a "No its a plane." Then finally the "NO, ITS SUPERMAN!" When his knees finally hit the ground the ball is over the plane. TOUCHDOWN! Falcons win the game. How did he keep his knees off the ground?? Its cuz of his alter ego (Super-Vick)

foty89
01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
He is certainly not that great a QB, and once his legs get destroyed over the next few years, he won't even be a starter. He is not a great passer, his running is what gets the wins.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

HeadTrip
Originally posted by: Rip
because the pro bowl is a popularity contest and vick is exciting, and thus people like watching him, plus he is a winner, plain and simple

If I have to make another post about how football is a team sport and you cant judge individuals by team records im going to lose it.

And yes, Vick is the most overrated player in the game by far.

JerryinCA
He's the best running back I've ever seen play quarterback. I could think of 31 other QB's I'd pick over Vick. He is over rated but gets far too much favorable press from the sports media and the NFL marketing machine and people buy into it

SDynasty
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
maybe as a QB but not as an athlete

crazyman33
01-09-2005, 04:52 PM
before u all start ur vick is overrated.. look at his record as the starting qb. His first year as starter: 10-5-1, and beats Favre in icy Lambeau. This year, 11-4 (Other loss had matt schaub as the starter)

Rip
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: HeadTrip

If I have to make another post about how football is a team sport and you cant judge individuals by team records im going to lose it.

Then explain the falcons win % when he plays compared to when he sits

The guy is and has always been a winner.
He was a winner in college and even took Va tech to the championship game as a freshman. He lead the falcons to the playoffs and won a game in GB. Then the next year he missed the first 12 games and the team went 3-9 without him, then he comes back and they win 3 out of 4 including a road game against the panthers. Then this year they 11-4 with him including a win against us, and looked terrible in the game where he sat

THe guy wins football games, who cares what his stats are

HeadTrip
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: crazyman33
before u all start ur vick is overrated.. look at his record as the starting qb. His first year as starter: 10-5-1, and beats Favre in icy Lambeau. This year, 11-4 (Other loss had matt schaub as the starter)

Oh good, another poor confused individual who says vick won all these games. Since its obviously vick winning every game then lets just remove the other 30 or so guys who play every game. They only get in his way right?

Stupid stupid stupid!

crazyman33
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
hey headtrip, im not sayin the other guys rnt needed.. But winning is the same reason why joe montana is considered the best qb ever by most people even thoughn everyone says he didnt have a strong arm and all that other stuff.. and stupid, stupid, stupid? Im sorry for posting my oppinion . i have mine and u have yours. and mine is the vick makes plays

HeadTrip
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by: HeadTrip

Then explain the falcons win % when he plays compared to when he sits

The guy is and has always been a winner.

He was a winner in college and even took Va tech to the championship game as a freshman. He lead the falcons to the playoffs and won a game in GB. Then the next year he missed the first 12 games and the team went 3-9 without him, then he comes back and they win 3 out of 4 including a road game against the panthers. Then this year they 11-4 with him including a win against us, and looked terrible in the game where he sat

THe guy wins football games, who cares what his stats are

1) Everyone wins in greenbay now. The Vikings are doing it right nw and they suck. shall we give mewelde moore a medal too?

2) They had a horrible team last year with many other problems. They fired their coach during the year for goodness sake.

3) Good job beating the panthers

4) Vick wasnt the only starer to rest when schuab started.

5) He makes some spectacular plays, but he makes more boneheaded ones. He has to rely on his D to get the ball back on those not so rare occasions when he does.

HeadTrip
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: crazyman33
hey headtrip, im not sayin the other guys rnt needed.. But winning is the same reason why joe montana is considered the best qb ever by most people even thoughn everyone says he didnt have a strong arm and all that other stuff.. and stupid, stupid, stupid? Im sorry for posting my oppinion . i have mine and u have yours. and mine is the vick makes plays

I dont think thats a stupid oppinion, but the way you stated it in your first post stomped on my last nerve. Personally, I think Dan Marino is the best QB we have ever had in this league, but i never got to see either play in their prime. There is no doubt that vick makes plays, but if you look past the media hype you see he has more TOs than TDs. I know what he can do isnt indicitive in the stats, but thats bad. He has no buissness being in the probowl.

saskchargerfan
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
i'm with rip and crazyman.

headtrip, you shouldnt call people stupid, especially when you are saying stupid things yourself, it just makes you look...well...stupid.

winning is important.

crazyman33
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
haha...

well i dont think id take vick as my #1 qb but id take him if peyton, donovon, tom, and daunte were taken. Cuz other than that who else wins games better than he does?

powderblue
01-11-2005, 07:47 AM
well tom brady is obviously the best qb in the league. vick is overrated. hes a running back who takes the snaps.

Donnie
01-11-2005, 01:29 PM
The only reason he gets wins is because of Keith Brooking and Patrick Kearney

taylorbucfan
01-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Overrated ?! as a Quaterback yes.... as a game changing player no... as a great player no... as the teams most important player no... as a winner no

ShocKWavE
01-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow, this post is looking a little silly right about now....Vick owned the Rams.

crazyman33
01-16-2005, 11:20 AM
vick and warrick owned em

LTMvP61nizine
01-21-2005, 02:52 AM
Your right. He is ovvvvvvver rated his stats sux and his passing is not even accurate. He should be a running back. Thank god the chargers selected L.T. I couldnt be happier with the trade we did to take him. Vick sux. LT hall of fame.

DEboltsfan
01-21-2005, 07:12 AM
As a Chargers fan I find myself at a dilemma when critiquing Mike Vick. Being a Charger I stand at a bit of a bias. Although he is an amzing athlete and a gamebreaker unlike any the NFL has seen, I don't want to see him do too well. I don't want to see him do to well because it would solidify that we made the wrong move. I love having LT and feel the our decision has more longevity. But watching Vick knocking on the Super Bowl door (again), makes me realize that he is such a special player. When judging him as a quarterback it can't be done as other quarterbacks are done. He is an superior athlete playing the hardest position in sports; and he makes that position look easy. Vick may not make it look easy in the typical way a quarterback should, but he does. Having said that, I do not think Vick is overrated. It is just he does not play the position the way other quartercacks do, but he does get the two most important stats right, WINS and PLAYOFFS.

DEboltsfan
01-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Vick cannot be judged upon TD's and INT's. He adds quite a few rushing yards into the equation. As for his value as a QB only two stats matter; WINS and PLAYOFF BERTHS. It pains me to say this as a Charger fan. Our decision will prove wise; it holds much more longevity having both Brees and LT.

riphraph
01-21-2005, 10:47 AM
All you gotta look at is his record, I dont care how you get there, homeboy has the number that matter most, wins.
The guy is a winner, plain and simple.
Personally, I think that L.T. could step in and be a back up QB.lol no really, the guy can throw the ball.

smlman2
01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
because he ran for 900+ yards. and he scars defenses. he makes his team better. that west coast isnt a good fit for him. put him in the shotgun alot more then see what he can do.