PDA

View Full Version : Draft

ShocKWavE
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I hate to have to be moving on but as far as the draft goes, I would like to see changes at the defensive back/safety positions. Maybe a key addition to the defensive line. Other than that, I think we are good to go.

socalguard
01-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Here are my preliminary thoughts on April:

1. I like Jammer, and I think he will develop into a great DB. However, I think his recovery speed and his knack for big hits make him a natural choice for FS. Therefore I would move Jammer there and let the depth chart work itself out in training camp.

2. I wold use the cap room the Chargers have to sign a top-level FA CB. I don't know who will be available, but a big-name player who isn't too old will lend credibility to the Charger secondary and show the fans the team is serious about winning.

3. There will be some stud defensive lineman available in this year's draft. A pure pass-rush guy at DE would really put far into the hearts of offenses and take pressure off our secondary.

4. Another tall, fast WR with good hands and a big vertical couldn't hurt. Perhaps in the later rounds. AJ has shown he's really good at spotting diamonds in the rough.

sd123455
01-10-2005, 12:45 PM
a pure pass rusher doesnt work in a 3-4 defense....you need big guys not fast ones.......i do think a fs would be sweet though...dunno who although im sure roy williams could learn to switch

BlueandGoldRush
01-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I know our offensive line was very good this year against the pass, but I have just seen WAY TOO MANY run plays where Tomlinson is met by three guys in the backfield before he even has a chance to make his first cut.

Anyone else think we still need to address the o-line? I sure do.

drangus
01-10-2005, 08:45 PM
the answer is jammal brown from OU this guy is awesome!!!

nEoQuIcKsiLvEr
01-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes I argree with Saftey positions. I just don't think Kiel and Wilson are cutting it. I definitely want another Rodney harrison type safety the one that'll hit you like a linebacker and make sure your dead scared to catch the ball and still have the skills of a defensive back. I've been skimming through watching college football lately so I haven't seen any safety that will definitely bring that with him. I don't even think we should waste 1st round picks ether if there isn't a definite 1st round safety pick.

Boltjolt
01-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Marty has stated that Jammer will not be moving to FS.

I guess he has been asked that a few times already by the media.

BallerStyz
01-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Alex Barron is a better o line pick then jamal brown. If leinart comes out this year i bet barron could fall to the chargers at 12.