PDA

View Full Version : Leinhart- Stay or Go?

aaronlmu
01-14-2005, 12:57 PM
If anyone knows how to create those poll things then put it up here.

I vote he goes.

I think top 2 pick as well.

deerak
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Gone.

Rip
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
He would be stupid to stay

He would easily be the #1 pick, how can you pass on $50mil??

RollinThunder
01-14-2005, 01:14 PM
He's got a great agent - all of the attention is on him! Of course he enters the draft.

compubolt
01-14-2005, 01:27 PM
He will go to the nfl, he has a great chance to stay in cali with the niners or even raiders. He could also end up with miami so not to bad

GoodByeBrees
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
With the 1st pick in the 2005 nfl football draft the 49ers select matt leinart out of USC

drangus
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
he just might be fool enough to go back but this is a no brainer I predict he comes out

jweb101
01-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope he goes. One less team in front of the Chargers to draft a player we need..

aaronlmu
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
And the descision is...

STAYS...

JoeMcRugby
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow!!! Surprised, but good for the young man!!!!!!

aaronlmu
01-14-2005, 03:48 PM
The All American Punter announced that he would be staying to at the same press conference. I bet he thinks all the press was there hanging on his decision as well.

SuperMatt
01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Good for him. Honorable thing to do, finish schooling, the money will still be there next year. You only get to play college ball once (well, one year four times, I guess), may as well dominate it as long as you can, right?

aaronlmu
01-14-2005, 04:06 PM
He actually finishes his degree at the end of this semester. He would have got that either way. The only reason he's staying is to play. That's what makes it so unbelievable and special. I almost compare it to that Indianapolis quaterback (I don't speak or write that last name) that stayed for his senior year at Tennessee even though he knew he was going to be a top pick.

smrtalec33
01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Downside is 1 less player on the board before the Chargers pick, but upside is 1 less QB available to those in need, which of course boosts the stock of both Brees and Rivers.

JoeMcRugby
01-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by: aaronlmu
He actually finishes his degree at the end of this semester. He would have got that either way. The only reason he's staying is to play. That's what makes it so unbelievable and special. I almost compare it to that Indianapolis quaterback (I don't speak or write that last name) that stayed for his senior year at Tennessee even though he knew he was going to be a top pick.

He needs 18 credits, so no matter what the scenario, he wouldn't finish his degree at the end of the semester.

Since he's staying and plays spring ball (and has next fall to finish up), he'll probably take about 12 units this semester and graduate in the fall.

If he had left, the odds are that he would have dropped this semester or taken a far lesser work load than 18 units. In order to prepare for the draft, the training regimine has to be upped tremendously to get ready for the combine and individual workouts. It's rare when a potential first round pick attends classes in the spring before the draft.

Having said that, it's still great that he views college as a unique life experience to be enjoyed before tackling the very demanding world of professional athletics. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shamrock
01-14-2005, 04:44 PM
The only reason he's staying so that he could become the #1 pick in the first round.

He would not have been the #1, as QB Rodgers would have been selected over him.

Leinart needs to spend a year strengthening his arm. He has less arm strength than Drew Brees.

Leinart has great touch on the deep ball, but puts too much air under it. You can get away with that in college, but not the pros. He also can't put enough zip on other throws (deep out).

If he strengthens his arm, he'll have a good chance to be #1 next year. Otherwise, he's a bottom top ten pick.

MoveitMister
01-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Leinhart is staying and I can't say that I blame him for his reasons.
The kid doesn't covet money, he covets friendship, comradery, loyalty, personal happiness and finishing his education.

Refreshing given that we live in a 'ME FIRST' society when it comes to college athletics.

He's Back! Matt Leinart Will Return To USC For Senior Season (http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/index-main.html#)

WARHAWKS
01-15-2005, 12:36 AM
why you guys mad and blame him for idiot thing for denid nfl draft??? education is #1 then hobbies. education is worth to to u and to me and all of people. hobbies is fine and it good thing.i have hobbie is football and i am tough player...but i work hard on my education. dont worry 49ers will suck next year so they going to get him. i support his decison but i want him to go nfl draft but it his decison casue he have right to decide...