PDA

View Full Version : Watching this Jets Steelers game is killing me

CoronaDoug
01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
It is killing me watching the Jets playing this game. It is kind of like seeing your ex with another man.

Boltneck
01-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I agree. We are a much better team than the Jets.

This is depressing.

Why o Why did our Coaches etc screw themselves over like that?

*sigh*

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
How much fun would it be right now to be watching the lightning

Pennington
01-15-2005, 03:23 PM
get over it guys. You lost and its over. Btw, dont count off the jets. They have a chance to win.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 03:24 PM
In just over a quarter, the Steelers have put more pressure on Pennington than the Chargers did in five quarters of play.

All the more reason for improving the pass rush.

superbolts
01-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Just now they ran the same play with a deep pass to Moss....it was VERY WELL DEFENDED.......the defender stuck his hand out and deflected it......

Would have been nice to see Brees playing a playoff game and win on his birthday......oh well

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 03:42 PM
agreed joe, but notice the db play on the long balls

csfoster
01-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by: JoeMcRugby
In just over a quarter, the Steelers have put more pressure on Pennington than the Chargers did in five quarters of play.

All the more reason for improving the pass rush.

Exactly right. Drafting/Signing a dominant pass rusher for 1st and 2nd down must be the Chargers #1 priority. Otherwise, the secondary will again have problems no matter their improvement.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention the Chargers 2nd top priority is a game-changing kick-off/punt returner as in Santana Moss like.

IronMountain1960
01-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: Pennington
get over it guys. You lost and its over. Btw, dont count off the jets. They have a chance to win.
I'm rooting for the Jets to go all the way, I'm sick of hearing about big Ben, and the same goes for the Pats, yet I would root for either of them over Indy. The Jets are the team that brought the AFL from the ranks of a sub par league to "the AFL is better than the NFL", all in one great game.
As far as getting over it, no way, the Chargers should have won that game, but I will give the Jets credit for being a tough, gritty, and well coached team. Moss is a great "Big Play" player, thats for sure.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: 214SD6
agreed joe, but notice the db play on the long balls

Yep, the guy who is responsible for the coverage is doing a good job of locating the ball and knocking it away.

I have to say, though, I haven't seen too many situations yet where a Steelers DB has had to try to make up for another's failure. I'll keep my eyes open for that as well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Pennington
01-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: IronMountain

I'm rooting for the Jets to go all the way, I'm sick of hearing about big Ben, and the same goes for the Pats, yet I would root for either of them over Indy. The Jets are the team that brought the AFL from the ranks of a sub par league to "the AFL is better than the NFL", all in one great game.

As far as getting over it, no way, the Chargers should have won that game, but I will give the Jet credit for being a tough, gritty, and well coached team. Moss is a great "Big Play" player, thats for sure.

well put. Thanks. A true charger i guess.

WARHAWKS
01-15-2005, 04:03 PM
it would be huge story if they beat steelers like they did to chargers.....if they beat patriot then it will be hell of underdog in playoff..

csfoster
01-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Notice the Jets are not playing that safe. That is because they realize that Pittsburgh would have gotten the ball back with time if they had just sat on it. A strategy Coach Marty should remember next season

compubolt
01-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by: superbolts
Just now they ran the same play with a deep pass to Moss....it was VERY WELL DEFENDED.......the defender stuck his hand out and deflected it......

Would have been nice to see Brees playing a playoff game and win on his birthday......oh well

That was the exact same play they ran on us for a TD. I want to point out that thier FS got beat worse then wilson did, the only difference is that wailson took a worse angle on the play then the steelers FS did. Jammer needs to learn that strip move williams used.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 04:33 PM
notice how Dan just said "they are taking shots and thats is whats important". We never took any down field shots and the jets have taken like 4 in the first 3 quarters so far.

danny3
01-15-2005, 04:37 PM
seeing that the jet's have beat us 3 in a row at home, i just don't like em.i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 04:40 PM
notice how Dan just said "they are taking shots and thats is whats important". We never took any down field shots and the jets have taken like 4 in the first 3 quarters so far.

I saw Brees looking deep all game long and always had to check back to shorter passes last week against the Jets.

Could it be due to the fact that the Jets have a down-the-field speed merchant (Santana Moss) as their number one receiver and that the Chargers don't have one?

csfoster
01-15-2005, 04:44 PM
For all you PR fans, thats what a rookie QB does -- throws a bad bad interception at the worst of times.

IronMountain1960
01-15-2005, 04:45 PM

I saw Brees looking deep all game long and always had to check back to shorter passes last week against the Jets.

Could it be due to the fact that the Jets have a down-the-field speed merchant (Santana Moss) as their number one receiver and that the Chargers don't have one?

Thats why I think we need a true #1 receiver in the first.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 04:45 PM
joe you still have to throw the pass maybe not right at the play as not to be picked but if you dont show it they wont backoff. IE the last series of the game they knew we would run, cause we are predictable. and just as ben the rookie throws a pic you cnat trust a rookie in his first playoff game which is why my $$$ is on the jets. 110 to win 100 there is a reason rookies dont perform in the playoffs, they arent conditioned to that level of pressure. you cant practice that.

danny3
01-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by: csfoster
For all you PR fans, thats what a rookie QB does -- throws a bad bad interception at the worst of times.

kinda reminds you of the last 3 years we had huh?

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 04:49 PM
joe you still have to throw the pass maybe not right at the play as not to be picked but if you dont show it they wont backoff. Ie the last series of the game they knew we would run, cause we are predictable. and just as ben the rookie throws a pic you cnat trust a rookie in his first playoff game which is why my $$$ is on the jets. 110 to win 100 there is a reason rookies dont perform ion the playoffs, they arent conditioned to that level of pressure. you cant practice that.

Well, if that's the case, it was up to Drew to throw it and he didn't. The deep(er) passes were called, and Brees didn't throw them outside of the TD pass to McCardell.

I'm sure Chargers fans would have taken it well had Brees thrown them anyway (despite the patterns being covered) and the pass had been picked. It was up to Drew to gauge the danger in throwing them, and he checked down out of them.

That's why it's my contention (and disputed by others on the board) that the Chargers DO need an upgrade at WR. One that has size AND can stretch the field.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 04:52 PM

True. But sometines you have to throw it deep nontheless just to send a message.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 04:53 PM
good points but you have to show it. Thats also coahcing tell the QB "Drew if its not there throw it away, but lead the play to no where. it's a chess game marty doesnt play enough.......predictable joey i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

csfoster
01-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by: danny3

Yes, indeed it does. And I do not want to repeat history next year.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:01 PM
But I thought Drew wasn't coached this year because the coaching staff had screwed him up in 2003?

The long pass plays were called and Drew coaches himself, so why wouldn't he take his shot?

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 05:03 PM
OK fair enough

IronMountain1960
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I agree with Joe, we need a big time #1 receiver, nobody was getting open deep, Reche is the only Charger deep threat with speed, and the rest of our receivers are great #2 receivers.

danny3
01-15-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by: danny3

Yes, indeed it does. And I do not want to repeat history next year.

i agree, but i don't think it'll happen. by observing Brees on the sideline I think Rivers has learned and will continue to learn how to keep control of the ball, ie: last Kansas City game.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Here comes Herm's version of MartyBall. Run the clock down before scoring.

danny3
01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Here comes Herm's version of MartyBall. Run the clock down before scoring.

tell me about it, lol

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:23 PM
It worked for Herm last week, thanks to no holding call on the sweep. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

JoeMcRugby

I agree with Joe, we need a big time #1 receiver, nobody was getting open deep, Reche is the only Charger deep threat with speed, and the rest of our receivers are great #2 receivers.

Look out for Kasim Osgood next season. He has the size and speed.

Kassim is another #2 receiver. He's not a #1 stretch the field receiver.

csfoster

Look out for Kasim Osgood next season. He has the size and speed.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Fieldgoal kickers kill you all the time...your team's or their's and sometimes both.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 05:25 PM
is he close enough in developement to draft over like we did with PR, or are we better served going Defense and kick returner?

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:26 PM
What's Herm thinking throwing a pass on third down? One more yard on a rush on third down and the kick is good.

Damn, gotta love hindsight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

csfoster
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
There goes that rookie QB again! Is there any doubt that we would have won this game if we were in it.?

sdjase
AWESOME PICK!!!!!!

SDynasty
Rookie QB gotta love rookies Ive almost got the money in my pocket

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:28 PM

Did you bet on the money line? The Jets have already clinched the spread, haven't they?

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 05:29 PM
What's Herm thinking throwing a pass on third down? One more yard on a rush on third down and the kick is good.

Damn, gotta love hindsight.

come on joe thats a reach, or are you just a porponent of the run?

Dan40
There goes that rookie QB again! Is there any doubt that we would have won this game if we were in it.?

I wonder if there will be a thread on the Steelers board, titled "Big Ben Choked."

JoeMcRugby
I'm just the proponent of hindsight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 05:30 PM
heres foresight they will throw it here

I was wrong lets see

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:31 PM
heres fore sight they will throw it here

Run to set up a 40 yard field goal. Way to show Marty, Herm. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Brien runs off the field after the time out. THAT'S what Kaeding should have done.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Can you believe it!!

biermacht
Where was this Obrien last week? Geez.

SDynasty
youre right ovettime tails never fails. Herm ran it Joe and his kicker missed the kick, another example of not trying to advance the ball bitin you in the bisciuts

JoeMcRugby
Jets should have had the ball on the right hash mark. Gotta love hindsight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TrumpetDude
I think Jets fans are feeling a bit like the Charger fans right about now....two missed Field Goals......

Dan40
I'm having multiple bouts of deja vu here... i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

CoronaDoug
01-15-2005, 05:37 PM
wide left!!! I love it.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 05:37 PM
its like dejavu all over again

Dan40
01-15-2005, 05:38 PM
How many threads on the Jets message board are saying, "Why didn't Herm kick on third down? Just in case he missed, he can kick on fourth down."

Pennington
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
I think Jets fans are feeling a bit like the Charger fans right about now....two missed Field Goals......

dude its much harder. brien is missing easy field goals one after one

SDynasty

Did you bet on the money line? The Jets have already clinched the spread, haven't they?

now in ot I win

sandyk
01-15-2005, 05:51 PM
its like dejavu all over again

My thoughts too. So reminisent of last Saturday!

csfoster
01-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Just think. Marty's disciple Cowher has the opportunity to replace him as the symbol for play-off futility if the Steelers lose.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 05:58 PM
6 straight carries up the gut from the Steelers 45. Field goal attempt upcoming.

csfoster
01-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Notice the FG Kicker is lined up in the middle of the field.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 06:00 PM
yes joe but they are gaining ground

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Notice the FG Kicker is lined up in the middle of the field.

Once again, the way the kicker wants it. Was it Marty's fault that he didn't overrule Kaeding with his spot selection?

csfoster
01-15-2005, 06:01 PM
As CoronaDoug first stated...It Should Have Been Us!!!

IgorUnchained
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Karma is a btch, eh Jets?

la la la la la -- Im lovin it!

Frosty Milkshakes for all!

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
yes joe but they are gaining ground

Cowher still wouldn't have put the ball in the air once they got inside 40.

The difference: the Steelers executed the running plays up the gut. The Chargers didn't.

IgorUnchained
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey joe, are you in Montana?

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I think its because marty said once we get inside the 25 we are in field goal range and we tanked

danny3
01-15-2005, 06:06 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Revenge from a 3rd party could never be sweeter! i wonder if our Chargers and their fan's are loving this as much as i am right now.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by: IgorUnchained

No, I'm not. I'm living in OC now. But funny you should mention Montana:

I'm a 1978 graduate of the same high school whose name Chargers fans are not allowed to let slip through their lips.

I'll let you take a stab at my high school alma mater as I'm pretty damn sure you know the name of which I speak. i/expressions/devil.gif

MoveitMister
01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by: CoronaDoug
It is killing me watching the Jets playing this game. It is kind of like seeing your ex with another man.

More like watching the person your ex dumped you for with another person.
It's just as well though. The new person saw through the ex's shortcomings and dumped em.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MoveitMister
01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
get over it guys. You lost and its over.

Looks like you need to take your own advice now.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

IgorUnchained
01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by: MoveitMister

Karma is a (you know what I mean) MIM....He who laughs last wins the Super Bowl!

Pennington (the poster) seems to be an alright guy, but will be happier when we are free of stinking Jets trolls. Very few good apples in that barrell

IgorUnchained
01-16-2005, 01:05 AM

No, I'm not. I'm living in OC now. But funny you should mention Montana:

I'm a 1978 graduate of the same high school whose name Chargers fans are not allowed to let slip through their lips.

I'll let you take a stab at my high school alma mater as I'm pretty damn sure you know the name of which I speak.

Oh Yes....I have a few friends that attended that school with his younger brother, who I am told isnt as talented but is/was quite a "winner" in his own right.
Be glad you are down south. You guys are buried in mud, but we are buried in snow....my pipes have been frozen for the better part of 2 weeks. Cold doesnt begin to describe it. At least you will have sun before the end of the week, and we will have most of this snow until March!

MoveitMister
01-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by: MoveitMister

Karma is a (you know what I mean) MIM....He who laughs last wins the Super Bowl!

Pennington (the poster) seems to be an alright guy, but will be happier when we are free of stinking Jets trolls. Very few good apples in that barrell
Yep, Pennington seems alright, but you don't stay in the ex-husband's house and chuckle about taking his wife from him without repercussions.

Same goes for posting in the Charger forum and telling us to get over losing.
I just told him to take his own advice, is all.
Nothing personal, just trying to help him with the grief process.
i/expressions/devil.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

broncossuck7
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
i personally wanted the jets to win...BUT after their kciker missed those FG's i wanted them to lose so they felt our pain

gbranc21
01-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: broncossuck7
i personally wanted the jets to win...BUT after their kciker missed those FG's i wanted them to lose so they felt our pain

It's funny- because I was thinking the same thing. Now the Jets know how it feels to lose like that in overtime especially when they should have won!! WHY COULDN"T THE JETS KICKER MISS TWO LIKE THAT IN OUR GAME----O well----Go Bolts

JoeMcRugby
01-16-2005, 10:17 PM

I'll let you take a stab at my high school alma mater as I'm pretty damn sure you know the name of which I speak.

Oh Yes....I have a few friends that attended that school with his younger brother, who I am told isnt as talented but is/was quite a "winner" in his own right.

Be glad you are down south. You guys are buried in mud, but we are buried in snow....my pipes have been frozen for the better part of 2 weeks. Cold doesnt begin to describe it. At least you will have sun before the end of the week, and we will have most of this snow until March!

I know that his brother just finished up his redshirt freshman year at U of Oregon. It will be interesting the way things turn out. Have you heard how hes doing in Eugene?

BTW Where are you living in Montana?

Finally, here's to the Chinook winds blowing out the snow ASAP! i/expressions/beer.gif