PDA

View Full Version : Same Score Same OT Same Way-How Ironic-How Sweet!!

Chrgers1
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
That should make Nate feel a little better...does me.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 06:04 PM
that stunk

Chrgers1
01-15-2005, 06:05 PM
why do you say that?

IgorUnchained
01-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I loved watching Karma bite the Jets on the a55...

I hope the Steelers take it all, they deserve it as much as anyone.

Chrgers1
01-15-2005, 06:07 PM
I know we would have won that game if it were us.....thats the only thing that was tough about them winning.

MoveitMister
01-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Karma, baby!

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I wanted my buddy who dissed the bolts to lose a game they should have lost so he could have some crow

socaljetsfan
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I don't think KARMA, BUT very ironic, and sweet smelling for the chargers for the jets to lose in that fashion. That was a hard fought game for the JETS. again missed F.G.'s cost us the game....do ya think BRIEN will be back next year?

ZipZap
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
One word....... WOW.

Nate has GOT to feel better after Doug Brien misses not only 1, but 2 game winning field goals! Incredible end to the Jets season.

Even creepier that it ended with the same score.

.Anthony

csfoster
01-15-2005, 06:13 PM
What a difference "a foot" makes!

socaljetsfan
01-15-2005, 06:14 PM
YES same score... I am very happy with the season the JETS had, and I got too see them not once, but twice this year, and I didn't have to trudge through the snow.....

foty89
01-15-2005, 06:14 PM
It was ironic, and enjoyable too.

That being said, you have to give credit to the jets, they played a good game. They played all the way to overtime with us last week and the jets this week. They have nothing to be ashamed about.

Good season jets. i/expressions/beer.gif

We will beat you next year.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

foober
01-15-2005, 06:15 PM
that is weird how compareble the two games were. The jets kicker missed twice though.

socaljetsfan
01-15-2005, 06:15 PM
What a difference "a foot" makes!

A foot? half a foot, just a few inches.....and game is over AGAIN......

danny3
01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Revenge from a 3rd party could never be sweeter! i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TrumpetDude
01-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Honest -

I told my wife when there was :04 left in regulation and the game tied 17-17 that the Jets would miss the Game winning field goal and the lose in OT 20-17 and Nate would feel great.

You see, I placed a curse on the TV and did a little jiggy dance. My wife laughed at my jiggy dance but you know what? It worked.....I feel a bit silly but then again I was on top of a cement truck playing a trumpet in one hand and a Heineken in another just last week at the Murph so........

ShocKWavE
01-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow, what else can you say.....now the Jets know exactly how we feel.

danny3
01-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
Honest -

I told my wife when there was :04 left in regulation and the game tied 17-17 that the Jets would miss the Game winning field goal and the lose in OT 20-17 and Nate would feel great.

You see, I placed a curse on the TV and did a little jiggy dance. My wife laughed at my jiggy dance but you know what? It worked.....I feel a bit silly but then again I was on top of a cement truck playing a trumpet in one hand and a Heineken in another just last week at the Murph so........

i hinted to this too on the boards, it's all about that Charger Power ESP

Chrgers1
01-15-2005, 06:18 PM
inches are very important...

RollinThunder
01-15-2005, 06:35 PM
After seeing Cowher do it successfully, I feel a little better about Marty's decision to run up the middle in a similar overtime situation.

SDynasty
01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
I said early that no other games would be 20 17 I was wrong.

socalguard
01-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Soooo......Cowher ran it up the middle multiple times, went for the FG and made it. Genius, right??
Marty ran it up the middle multiple times, went for the FG and missed it. Idiot, right??i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ChargerBacker
01-15-2005, 06:41 PM
"Marty Ball" all over again for the Jets. You would've thought they would have learned... They drive down the field passing the ball 2x, get inside the 30, then go into a shell, lose their aggressiveness, miss the FGs, and lose the game. 40+ FGs are no gimmes unless you have Vinatieri as your FG kicker.

jjdizub
01-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: ChargerBacker
"Marty Ball" all over again for the Jets. You would've thought they would have learned... They drive down the field passing the ball 2x, get inside the 30, then go into a shell, lose their aggressiveness, miss the FGs, and lose the game. 40+ FGs are no gimmes unless you have Vinatieri as your FG kicker.
And even Adam was 9-16 from that range as a rookie...

ChargerBacker
01-15-2005, 07:06 PM
I didn't know that (about Vinatieri only being 9-16 from that range as a rookie). Good info. I just remember all the clutch kicks Vinatieri's made in the Pats two Super Bowl champion seasons. I still think Nate's going to bounce back though. He had an excellent rookie season.

JoeMcRugby
01-15-2005, 07:12 PM
This "Martyball" tag in overtime kills me.

It's called conventional NFL football. Once you're in FG range [added text - at the end of the game or in OT], you don't risk plays that will take you out of FG range (sweeps and passes) via sacks, losses and turnovers.

It was going on long before Marty and will continue long after Marty's in his box in the ground.

BTW The Jets won with "Martyball" last week and the Steelers won with it today. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BlueandGold
01-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: JoeMcRugby
This "Martyball" tag in overtime kills me.

It's called conventional NFL football. Once you're in FG range, you don't risk plays that will take you out of FG range (sweeps and passes) via sacks, losses and turnovers.

It was going on long before Marty and will continue long after Marty's in his box in the ground.

BTW The Jets won with "Martyball" last week and the Steelers won with it today.

Thank you, Joe McRugby.

I think people are just trying to stay as far away from admitting that Marty is a better coach than they thought.

That's the Coach of the Year, by the way.

foober
01-15-2005, 09:09 PM
The better o-line won both games actually. The jets o-line last week and pittsuburghs o-line won it for them this week. Tough football. Pittsburghs o-line is very good. Maybe the best in football.

TrumpetDude
01-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by: ChargerBacker
I didn't know that (about Vinatieri only being 9-16 from that range as a rookie). Good info. I just remember all the clutch kicks Vinatieri's made in the Pats two Super Bowl champion seasons. I still think Nate's going to bounce back though. He had an excellent rookie season.

It is funny you mention this as John Carney was interviewed on the subject of missing kicks ala Nate Kaeding a few days ago.

John said the funny thing about Adam Vinatieri is he missed 2 out of 3 field goals in the Super Bowl which is horrid in and of itself but the third FG won the game....Adam is a hero......with those stats.......go figure.

kona97
01-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes we would have won but thats for next year, no don't get rid of Rivers let both compete in spring or summer training... This was the greatest year for me... Season ticket holder for 33 years... Aloha Jon PS Don't know how but I can post again Thanks Geester for your help!!!