PDA

View Full Version : Jury Awards $60 million in Lawsuit against Beer Concessionaire

Thunderstruck
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-beervendorsued&prov=ap&type=lgns)

SDynasty
01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
No not if was your family member getting paralyzed.

rule12b
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Another inane use of the "dram shop" laws to make someone else responsible for the conduct and resulting injury of others. So, the 18 year old selling beer for minimum wage messed up and that led to the accident? Pony up the dough Aramark, this here's the U.S. of A!

Many of us have probably tried to buy an exra beer or two at a game (or more if they'd let us) but probably we're smart enough to wait before driving or let someone else drive or better still, take the train.

Sorry but the guy responsible was the drinker. String him up, seriously. Blaming the service provider is as silly as blaming the team (which they attempted). Sometimes I am truly sorry to be a lawyer.

And what happened to the victim is indeed terrible, but life is a full-contact sport and accidents do happen. Sometimes we reach to far to place blame and responsibility and wind up over-sanitizing life in the process. This was no accidcent, and there is a responsible party, but in the efforts to reach a deep pocket, the law allows some to go to far and the rest of us will be the ones paying for it.

Last time I checked, California law would not permit this type of suit to go forward, but I could be wrong. I haven't practiced in a while.