PDA

View Full Version : Artrell Rolle

LTMvP61nizine
01-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Would you or not??? I know most of you guys are tired about threads about chargers needing a cornerback but hes from Miami. Most of the guys from Miami and go to pro are good for example ed reed, jonathan vilma, sean taylor and so on..... I think if chargers draft him he could cover the strong side and jammer could move to the weak side. But i wwouldnt a dline is what we need Im just askin you if you would take if hes availible at the 12th spot.

Rip
01-25-2005, 11:01 PM
i would get the card to Taglibue before the clock even got to 14:30!

foty89
01-25-2005, 11:01 PM
No, he does not fit our need. We need a safety to replace Wilson, a big DE to bookend Igor and then it is a tossup between linebacker and O-line depth. CB ranks right down there with WR on our needs.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Rip
01-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Sometimes you have to just take the best player available

foty89
01-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, I agree for the most part, but what would we do with him? He does not address a need we have at all. Our existing CB's need to develop more, but so would he. How would this help us?

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Rip
01-25-2005, 11:37 PM
He would be better then jammer at CB and would allow us to move one of our Corners to S ( i know marty said he has no plans of moving jammer, but i think if he could replace him with Rolle, then he would have to atleast consider it)

Also, does anyone else think we should try Fletcher out at FS if we dont get one in FA or the Draft? He has decent size and pretty good cover skills. Plus he is going to be our #4 CB next year. He might be a little short, but he is roughly the same size as dwight smith and would be an upgrade over Wilson

mojorasol
01-26-2005, 12:05 AM
isnt fletcher 5' 9'' ?

Rip
01-26-2005, 12:18 AM
so? Dwight smith is only like 5-10

urlacher54
01-26-2005, 12:23 AM
omg U GUYS NEED HELP, hes not part of our needs? HELLO move jammer to safety and let rolle take his spot. Damnmmmmm cheese omfdsflnjsdlfjdsgjseltw

rivers017
01-26-2005, 10:12 AM
take best player available I think all chargers fans are hoping either Williams Edwards Rolle or DJ falls to them.

foty89
01-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by: rivers017
take best player available I think all chargers fans are hoping either Williams Edwards Rolle or DJ falls to them.

No, not all Chargers fans are thinking that way. If they were, we would not have these long threads going back and forth. Of the players you mentioned, the only one I would really like at 12 is DJ. The others are good players, but don't fit our needs that closely.

Rolle would be ok, if we new that Jammer could play safety successfully. That is a big question that I am not prepared to answer. In the end, the coaches and A.J. will decide what is best for us.

Go Bolts!

Thunderstruck
01-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Why do people assume Rolle would be better than Jammer? Jammer was the 5th player taken in the draft, and has enormous talent. I seriously doubt that other corners coming out in the draft are physically better than Jammer. So...if Jammer is not living up to your expectations, why would you assume a new CB would?

foty89
01-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Why do people assume Rolle would be better than Jammer? Jammer was the 5th player taken in the draft, and has enormous talent. I seriously doubt that other corners coming out in the draft are physically better than Jammer. So...if Jammer is not living up to your expectations, why would you assume a new CB would?

Nice post.

Go Bolts!

TRUiceman
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
again....when do athletes taken high out of miami ever flop....edgerrin james...Kellen Winslow...despite injury...played well before that....willis mcgahee....despite injury now starter for bills....santana moss...the list goes on and on.....shawn taylor....shall i keep going??....antrell rolle is legit....if he is there take him

Rip
01-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck

Because Jammer would be a good corner if he just had some instincts, he seems to be in position alot, but just cant seem to make a play, EVER!

smlman2
01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
if he is the best athlete left with value that high. if say mike wiliams or DJ are around defiately not.

lca9900
01-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by: TRUiceman
again....when do athletes taken high out of miami ever flop....edgerrin james...Kellen Winslow...despite injury...played well before that....willis mcgahee....despite injury now starter for bills....santana moss...the list goes on and on.....shawn taylor....shall i keep going??....antrell rolle is legit....if he is there take him

A few of the QBs out of Miami flop.

eeks2284
01-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by: TRUiceman

hmm mike rumph, a big athletic cb, hasn't done jack in 2 years.. if it were d'angelo hall, then it'd be different.. but rolle is just another jammer.. we're stocked at CB for years with many high picks

cody, merriman, johnson, williams, or edwards would all be better

enjoydispinoy
01-27-2005, 11:46 AM
if he was still available (which i doubt) i think i would take him. of course he is the top CB and we can probably use him in a trade. i think we can make use of him somehow.

Capfan
01-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: foty89
No, he does not fit our need. We need a safety to replace Wilson, a big DE to bookend Igor and then it is a tossup between linebacker and O-line depth. CB ranks right down there with WR on our needs.

Go Bolts!

I don't disagree with what you said, in fact I think DE is our most important need. But we found a very good one in the top of round 2 last year. The DE best suited for the 3-4 might be found with the late first rounder.

If they have Rolle rated that high, and he's there, I'd have no problem with them selecting him. I'm all for the best player available. (as long as it's not a RB or QB). And I'm all for adding to the defense and making a strong unit stronger. I think Rolle would be an excellent addition, and would like to see him battle Davis for the starters job opposite Jammer.

IMO Drayton Florence would be an All-Pro FS. He's got a nose for the ball, has good speed to play centerfield, he's got the size to support the run, and he's ideal for the 3-4 in that he's a playmaker. You can blitz him, leave him one on one with a WR, have him shadow a playmaker etc....

RMANCIL
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I am not that sold on Rolle , he isn't that fast or big. He has gotten a lot of ink but he isn't any where as good as Taylor was last season out of Miami. I am not sold on him being the best corner on the board.

I sure would not say he has better cover skills than Jammer.

Carlos Rogers 6-0, 200 has better cover skills.

top board non QB -RB
Not in order

Derrick Johnson 6-3, 230 4.55 Texas
Braylon Edwards 6-3, 210 4.45 Michigan
*Mike Williams 6-4, 225 4.60 Southern California
Dan Cody 6-4, 275 4.75 Oklahoma
Jammal Brown 6-5, 300 5.25 Oklahoma
Carlos Rogers 6-0, 200 4.45 Auburn
Antrel Rolle 6-0, 205 4.50 Miami
Mark Clayton 5-10, 185 4.45 Oklahoma
Anttaj Hawthorne 6-3, 315 5.15 Wisconsin
Shaun Cody 6-4, 285 4.95 Southern California
Marcus Spears 6-4, 285 4.95 LSU
*Shawne Merriman 6-4, 260 4.65 Maryland (OLB)
Dave Pollack 6-2, 275 4.70 Georgia
Erasmus James 6-4, 260 Wisconsin
David Baas 6-4, 310 5.40 Michigan
*Thomas Davis 6-2, 220 Georgia (LB)

I expect that both first round Bolt selections are on that list.

CTCHARGER
01-27-2005, 07:41 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: RMANCIL
I am not that sold on Rolle , he isn't that fast or big. He has gotten a lot of ink but he isn't any where as good as Taylor was last season out of Miami. I am not sold on him being the best corner on the board.

I sure would not say he has better cover skills than Jammer.

Carlos Rogers 6-0, 200 has better cover skills.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also believe Carlos Rogers is the best guy to take,if we were going to take anybody for the secondary.