PDA

View Full Version : A mock I can live with...

BigBadBolt
01-26-2005, 10:16 AM
www.draftboardinsider.com (http://www.draftboardinsider.com/players/mockdraft_2005.html)

chargersfan5521
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
excellent site thanks bigbadbolt

foty89
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Why can you live with this? It does not address any of our needs. This is the view of people who do not know the Chargers. With have good receivers and a good offense, we don't need a receiver. We have young CB's who will grow, we don't need another one. We need a free safety, bookend to Igor and depth on the O-line and LB's.

It does appear to be a good site for information about the players in the draft though.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Currimos
01-26-2005, 10:49 AM
In that scenario I dont see why we dont take Marcus Spears with #27. I dont think hes going to last til the second round. Though I'm sure Cleveland would love to get him at #34.

BigBadBolt
01-26-2005, 11:32 AM
I am not at all sold on Spears in the 3-4. No reason to go early for a 3-4 dlineman. They can be found later on...

As for what the team needs, I disagree that we don't need a playmaker on offense like Williams. The idea of drafting for "need" rather than best player avaliable(which both of those first round picks would be), makes much more sense to me. Reaching for a guy, just for the sake of filling a position isn't a philosophy I agree with. Depth on the oline is a need, and Snyder is a value pick in the third, IMO.

smlman2
01-26-2005, 01:47 PM
i like that first pick but in taht mock at our 27th pick and 2nd round pick we could still get spears at 27 and kirk morrison at 2nd round. that would be much better i think. we need a DE and morrison is a beast

boltz21forlife
01-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: foty89
Why can you live with this? It does not address any of our needs. This is the view of people who do not know the Chargers. With have good receivers and a good offense, we don't need a receiver. We have young CB's who will grow, we don't need another one. We need a free safety, bookend to Igor and depth on the O-line and LB's.

It does appear to be a good site for information about the players in the draft though.

Go Bolts!

Thank you, could not have said it better. I guess people are satisfied with having hobos starting in certain spots.

foty89
01-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by: boltz21forlife

Why can you live with this? It does not address any of our needs. This is the view of people who do not know the Chargers. We have good receivers and a good offense, we don't need a receiver. We have young CB's who will grow, we don't need another one. We need a free safety, bookend to Igor and depth on the O-line and LB's.

Go Bolts!

Thank you, could not have said it better. I guess people are satisfied with having hobos starting in certain spots.

You are welcome.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

HeadTrip
01-26-2005, 02:50 PM
You draft the best available, you dont draft to fill holes. Fill your holes in the free agency unless there is a stud that can do it who is the best available. That would be the best of both worlds.

Boltfreek
01-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I could live with a draft where the best available player is a defensive
player that fits in the 3-4 scheme.
We're pretty well set on the O-side of the ball.

conair103
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
how about CHRIS HENRY, i havent heard much of him, how good is this guy?

IgorUnchained
01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
That mock has Atari Bigby going 85th....I dont know when he will actually go, but the Chargers should give that guy a couple of glances. He is a pure SS who is like an Early Rodney Harrison or a Troy Polamalu....2 guys I love to watch and a couple of guys who know something about bruising WRs. I doubt he will still be available in the 4th and we dont have a 3rd, but my fingers are crossed!!

Boltneck
01-30-2005, 02:39 PM

Go Bolts!

im sorry but we still need a #1 Wide Receiver. We need a play maker to ballance out the offense. We were basically shut down by every top defense we faced. Its one thing to put up 30 ona weak team its another to score 24 on the Jets instead of losing 20 -17.

Right now if you take out Gates we are done. Dont let the points we scored against weak teams fool you.

We need a #1 WR bigtime threat to put beside Mccadell at #2 and Parker in the slot. With the other WR's getting Mixed in. Reche is not the answer.

After that we need some Defense. Dave Ball may be the answer at DE he's been hurt. We need a solid FA Free Safety and an upgrade at Linebacker for Leger. Which may be Phillips in year 2 anyway.

foty89
01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: Boltneck

Go Bolts!
im sorry but we still need a #1 Wide Receiver. We need a play maker to ballance out the offense. We were basically shut down by every top defense we faced. Its one thing to put up 30 ona weak team its another to score 24 on the Jets instead of losing 20 -17.

Right now if you take out Gates we are done. Dont let the points we scored against weak teams fool you.

We need a #1 WR bigtime threat to put beside Mccadell at #2 and Parker in the slot. With the other WR's getting Mixed in. Reche is not the answer.

After that we need some Defense. Dave Ball may be the answer at DE he's been hurt. We need a solid FA Free Safety and an upgrade at Linebacker for Leger. Which may be Phillips in year 2 anyway.

I am sorry that I have to beat a dead horse again. Please tell me who on the Patriots is a number one receiver? If they can go to three Super Bowls in four years, win two and have a good shot at a third without a number one, why do we need one so bad?

There is room for improvement at receiver, but it can be obtained by the further development of the players we already have.

And judging from what has been said about the senior bowl, the coaching staff and A.J. feel the same way. They spent most of their time looking at defense.

Go Bolts!

guimcharger
01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't think that that is a good mock draft.

cromart31
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Dude what's your obsession with Merriman?

the realdeal#76
04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I personally like THE WALL #76 he is the defense