PDA

View Full Version : Trade Philip Rivers for Roy Williams

isaacm1234
02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
How about this scenario....Trade Philip Rivers to Dallas for Roy Williams and a
third round pick. With our 12th pick we get one of these players....
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Mike Williams
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Antrel Rolle
5. Erasmus James
6. Pac-Man Jones
7. Marcus Spears

I would prefer a defensive player to beef up our defense, but you can not pass
up Edwards or Williams if they fall to us.

*Could you imagine if we picked up Roy Williams and draft Erasmus Jones...How
dominating our defense could be. We could always pick up a receiver with our 28th
pick.

tarballed
02-08-2005, 03:58 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

ratchit21
02-08-2005, 04:14 PM
no way in hell

urlacher54
02-08-2005, 04:15 PM
take roy williams, let him replace Wilson, and then trade kiel for a 3rd rounder and draft Thomas Davis, Omg no one would wanna catch a ball in our secondary lol

Rip
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
THen our CB's would have no Deep help

Both WIlliams and Davis are in the box hitting type S, we dont need two of those guys

ChargerChuckster
02-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry, not going to happen... Maybe on MADDEN 2006?

innersoulevents
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
not gonna happen but it would be nice!
Drew long term contract
Hard Hitting Safety
Get a Stud Tackle that can run block, a strong safety that can cover, and a DE in the draft
and were ready for a super bowl run

foty89
02-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Roy is overrated. And this trade would not be enough for Rivers.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

smlman2
02-08-2005, 08:54 PM
they said a million times they arent trading rivers so stop wasteing your brain cells!

guimcharger
02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Roy Williams sucks. Bad idea.

bluegold81
02-08-2005, 10:51 PM
First of all Rivers will not be traded, we want picks for Brees. 1st and 2nd from Cowboy will get the deal done.

chargerblue
02-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by: isaacm1234
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Mike Williams
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Antrel Rolle
5. Erasmus James
6. Pac-Man Jones
7. Marcus Spears

dominating our defense could be. We could always pick up a receiver with our 28th
pick.

I could be mistaken but didn't Roy Williams retire...

chargerblue
02-09-2005, 12:36 AM
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Mike Williams
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Antrel Rolle
5. Erasmus James
6. Pac-Man Jones
7. Marcus Spears

pick.

By the way, that's Erasmus James not Jones...

innersoulevents
02-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by: guimcharger
:confused;
how can a player that is only 24 that has a ton of talent suck?
Your giving him less time than most Charger fans gave Brees. And Roy had a great rookie year.
Dallas defense overall had a bad year this year. It didnt help that they had that loudmouth Wiley and that Terence Newman regresssed.
I for one would love to have him in the secondary.

boltzpride
02-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Sub brees for rivers and its not a bad idea. brees for roy williams and a #1. Roy had a off year and should be better next year.

rube12
02-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Roy sucks? I'm not a genius, but I don't think you can say a player sucks when they've been in the Pro-Bowl 2 out their first 3 years.

foty89
02-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by: rube12
Roy sucks? I'm not a genius, but I don't think you can say a player sucks when they've been in the Pro-Bowl 2 out their first 3 years.

You can't possibly use that to say someone is a great player. Or did you forget that L.T. did not go last year? Or that Donnie Edwards is not going this year?

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

innersoulevents
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by: foty89

You can't possibly use that to say someone is a great player. Or did you forget that L.T. did not go last year? Or that Donnie Edwards is not going this year?

Go Bolts!

no but you can say hes a damn good player
at least hes among the top five or six guys at his position

rube12
02-09-2005, 03:01 PM
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I've read my reply at least 6 ot 7 times, and I have yet to see any mention of the word "great." Could you please tell me where you got that from? Or are you just assuming that?[

guimcharger
02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by: innersoulevents

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
how can a player that is only 24 that has a ton of talent suck?
Your giving him less time than most Charger fans gave Brees. And Roy had a great rookie year.
Dallas defense overall had a bad year this year. It didnt help that they had that loudmouth Wiley and that Terence Newman regresssed.
I for one would love to have him in the secondary.

He is not the type of FS we need. He is a run support FS we need a cover FS. Everytime I watched him on Monday night football when he was in coverage he looked like Jerry Wilson.

guimcharger
02-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by: bluegold81
First of all Rivers will not be traded, we want picks for Brees. 1st and 2nd from Cowboy will get the deal done.

We would get way more than a 1st and 2nd pick for Brees. AJ would be a idiot if he traded Brees away for just that.

isaacm1234
02-09-2005, 03:55 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif First and foremost some of you are not very well versed in football. Roy Williams has only been in the league for three years, and NO he has not retired. Roy Williams is unquestionably an impact player. He may not be a elite cover guy, but he is an elite hitter that will intimidate receivers and get inside their psyche.

Second, A.J. Smith has been known to bluff. If A.J. Smith says that they are not trading Rivers, it only means that he wants a considerable amount of talent for Philip Rivers. Believe me, getting Roy Williams
and a second or even a first round pick (Wishful Thinking) for Philip Rivers is not out of the question. Dallas is in desperate need of a quality quaterback, who can throw the ball down the field. If Parcells thinks that Rivers is a good enough prospect, the deal may happen.

We really need to upgrade our defense starting with our Safety Position. Wilson is neither a great cover safety, nor an intimidator. We also need to upgade our pass rush. Getting an impact defensive end in the draft would benefit the Chargers' secondary a great deal. Next, getting a talented defensive back to fortify that right side of the field would solidify our already young and talented secondary.

It would be nice getting another #2 or #3 receiver in the draft...but I do not think that it's one of our glowing needs.

Our offensive and defensive lines are very solid. We have some great run stuffers...and it really showed last year. Our O line also made some great holes for Tomlinson and gave Brees impressive protection all season long. We still need to pick up some quality players that can provide consistent and solid back up play for our starting offensive and defensive linemen. I think we can address the O and D line in the later rounds in the draft.

Next season we have a grueling schedule and we need to solidify our defense first...We can start by trading Rivers to Dallas for Roy Williams. I do not want to wait another 3 or 4 years to develop another quarterback. We've got a Pro Bowler already. The time to win is now. Don't forget, we can still pick up some quality free agents in the offseason. The Chargers have 20 million under the cap. A.J. is a genius and he'll lead us to the success next season.

JoeMcRugby
02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
No way do I trade him straight up for Rivers. It may have been an anomole, but Williams was HORRIBLE in 2004. Jammer had a far better season in comparison.

If there's one thing AJ has NOT been since he took over from Butler, it's a liar. In fact, he's been breathtakingly honest in the world of professional sports management.

Maybe he's lying for the first time, but I wouldn't hold my breath. And I'll say it again - AJ will have lost his mind if he trades Rivers for Williams straight up AND takes a $6 million salary cap hit in the process.

innersoulevents
02-09-2005, 04:34 PM
1. Jammer is a CB and Williams is a safety so it pretty hard to compare the two.
2. Dallas pass defense was much better that the Chargers this year
3. If if Roy had an average year, it was MUCH better than Jerry Wilsons
4. If there were no cap hit invloved, this would be a great trade for the Chargers. Dallas would be crazy to trade away one of the cornerstones of their defense for an unproven quarterback. As far as the Chargers, it is hard to take a cap hit, but it would be a perfecy situation to trade away a player from a position (Qb) which we have too many players and controversy for a quality player at a postion (safety) which we desperately need. Why would the Chargers ask for more that straight up trade. Dallas would never do that. If the Chargers wouldnt have drafted Rivers, Roy would have been a higher draft pick than Rivers anyhow.

What is OK when AJ "lost his mind" and cut Wiley and took about an $8 mil cap hit, not to mention the Boston trade?? Oh, I forgot, we had one of best seasons in franchise history the next year.

JoeMcRugby
02-09-2005, 06:16 PM
1. Jammer is a CB and Williams is a safety so it pretty hard to compare the two.
2. Dallas pass defense was much better that the Chargers this year
3. If if Roy had an average year, it was MUCH better than Jerry Wilsons
4. If there were no cap hit invloved, this would be a great trade for the Chargers. Dallas would be crazy to trade away one of the cornerstones of their defense for an unproven quarterback. As far as the Chargers, it is hard to take a cap hit, but it would be a perfecy situation to trade away a player from a position (Qb) which we have too many players and controversy for a quality player at a postion (safety) which we desperately need. Why would the Chargers ask for more that straight up trade. Dallas would never do that. If the Chargers wouldnt have drafted Rivers, Roy would have been a higher draft pick than Rivers anyhow.

What is OK when AJ "lost his mind" and cut Wiley and took about an $8 mil cap hit, not to mention the Boston trade?? Oh, I forgot, we had one of best seasons in franchise history the next year.

Trading a franchise QB straight up for a safety and taking a $6 million hit in the process is INSANE!!!

As for Dallas' pass defense being better, that makes Williams poor year look even worse. He was BAD in 2004: missed tackles, poor pass coverage and horrible angles leading to big plays. That's right - it was his teammates fault. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Williams and a #1 minimum. If the Boys don't ante up, then they can go into the 2005 season with Testaverde and Henson as their QBs.

AJ is in a position of strength - no need to give away the QB that AJ and Marty view as being a franchise QB for the hell of it. The Boys give up the farm or you tell them to take a hike. And Williams for Rivers ain't the farm.

innersoulevents
02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
thats the funny part- Rivers is NOT a "franchise QB" yet- he is unproven
you would be trading an unproven QB for a proven safety- both blue chip first round picks of equal value.
is Alex Smith ( a similar valued QB to Rivers last year) more valuable than Derrick Johnson just because one plays QB and one play LB?
and we already have something alot closer to a "franchise QB" - Drew Brees

and you were impessed with Jerry Wilson cover skills, tackling, and angles?

Ill ask you again, was it "INSANE" to take about an $8 million cap hit by cutting Wiley and even some more by trading Boston? Please answer that since you are talking about the cap issues of this situation. I think we proved we could survive those cap issues with quality players with good team chemistry- something we will be messing with greatly should Brees leave.

bolts23
02-09-2005, 09:05 PM
PHILIP RIVERS IS THE FUTRE OF THE FRANCHISE

JoeMcRugby
02-09-2005, 10:25 PM

Then why in the hell are the Boys even thinking about trading for Rivers now? They already have a "potential unproven franchise QB" on their roster (Drew Henson) Why add another?

Williams for Rivers straight up with a $6 million cap hit is absolutely ludicrous. The Chargers will be the laughingstock of the NFL for the next decade if the the Cowboys were to pull the wool over their eyes with that figurative rape.

I have faith that AJ is far too smart to get snookered that badly.

isaacm1234
02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
The original post never said trade Rivers for Roy Williams straight up. We would also get their #1 or their #2. I think if that was offered to the Chargers, it would be "INSANE" for the organization not to take that. It's a possibility...That is all I am saying! And as for Rivers being our future, our future is here. His name starts with a B and ends in REES. We need to fortify our secondary...and with that deal going down I believe we would have a shot at the Superbowl.

JoeMcRugby
02-10-2005, 12:59 AM
The original post never said trade Rivers for Roy Williams straight up. We would also get their #1 or their #2. I think if that was offered to the Chargers, it would be "INSANE" for the organization not to take that. It's a possibility...That is all I am saying! And as for Rivers being our future, our future is here. His name starts with a B and ends in REES. We need to fortify our secondary...and with that deal going down I believe we would have a shot at the Superbowl.

I just read it again: it's for Williams and a #3: still a nutjob deal. A minimum Williams and a #1, and even at that I think the Chargers will be getting screwed due to the $6 million cap hit and the queasy thought of the Chargers QB of the future leading the hated Cowboys to a ring. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

We'll see who is right.

Either AJ is a flat out liar and will trade PR at a fire sale price before March 11 and take a $6 million cap hit OR Condon forces Brees out the door when Brees signs an offer sheet from another squad instead of accepting a $9 million deal for 2005. And Condon gets paid to be the bad guy.

I'll be here March 12 for you to stick it in my face when Rivers is traded because, REMEMBER, PR gets his bonus that day. If the Chargers trade him from any point March 12 and beyond, it's a $12 million cap hit to the Chargers 2005 cap.

innersoulevents
02-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by: JoeMcRugby

Then why in the hell are the Boys even thinking about trading for Rivers now? They already have a "potential unproven franchise QB" on their roster (Drew Henson) Why add another?

Williams for Rivers straight up with a $6 million cap hit is absolutely ludicrous. The Chargers will be the laughingstock of the NFL for the next decade if the the Cowboys were to pull the wool over their eyes with that figurative rape.

I have faith that AJ is far too smart to get snookered that badly.

Well first off, you still seem to be avoiding the question above regarging Wiley.

To answer your question, why would they be interested in Rivers??

I donno , if I were the Cowboys I would be after a man named Drew Brees. But besided that, if they are interested in another QB, obviously they are not sold on Henson. That was a gamble to begin with, the guy was focused on playing baseball for a few years.

"the chargers would be the laughingstock of the NFL...."

what if they trade away Drew Brees or let him go, Drew goes on to be a huge success on another team, and Philip Rivers falls flat on his face. The word laughingstock would be used everytime the Chargers are mentioned.

Also did you ever think that the cowboys will be taking some sort of cap hit for trading Williams? Im sure they will have to take some sort of one, definitely not 6 mil though.

Philip Rivers is a *potential* franchise QB

Franchise QBs include Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Michael Vick. Not Philip Rivers yet and maybe never Philip Rivers.

and I bet if you asked Cowboys fans, 70% of them would say hell no to trading away their two time Pro Bowl safety for another "potential" QB prospect. Now if it were Drew Brees, they would be all over that.

This is the thing that alot of you guys might not realize. People that are that high profile (marty, AJ) are egotystical. It comes with the territory. They dont want to admit that they might have made a mistake by jumping the gun on Drew. They might very well be high on Philip. But do you think they would have drafted him if they could have looked into the crystal ball and seen how Drew performed this year? Hell no they wouldnt. It is their fault for jumping the gun. They did not give him enough time to develop, and put him in a system that was bound to fail. I could predict 90% of the offensive play calls last year. Run,Run,Pass. Thats really easy to defend when you know whats coming. Anyhow, Drew had a breakout year this year. He really showed the quarterback he can be if he was in the right system. His accuracy was on point. Cam opened the playbook up,and Drew felt more comforatable. Quarterbacks talk all the time how the game "slows down" for them after a few years and we could really see that unfold in front of our eyes this year with Brees.

Your FRANCHISE running back wants Drew to stay. "If it aint broken, why fix it?" You trust AJs opinion...Do you trust your franchise player?

So trading Rivers and taking a cap hit is not ludicrous if it is what is best for the football team. Its called cutting your losses. Thats exactly what we did with Wiley and Boston and it worked out. Again, did our team suffer miserably because of the cap hits we took? That answer is pretty obvious.

This trade is pure speculation and not likely. But in my opinion, we have a franchise Qb in drew brees. We made a mistake by drafting another QB. We could have already had the safety position shored up with Sean Taylor.

What I would like to happen probably will not.
IF we wanted to continue off where we left off last year (and not take steps backwards with Rivers at QB)
we should sign drew brees to a long term deal.
And for those who agree with doing that, "cutting your losses" in

JoeMcRugby
02-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Then it's time to fire the incompetent AJ when Brees' agent has Brees sign an offer sheet instead of playing for the Chargers for $9 million in 2005 and install LT as RB/scouting director/GM.

As for Wiley, the loser's GONE. You think the Tuna is gonna turn down the opportunity to get a QB (if he really wants him) because of the dead weight whom I believe had a grand total of one sack in 2005?

As for not knowing whether PR is a franchise QB? Precisely, and that's the reason why you don't trade him away before you've had a full off-season, mini-camps, training camp, exhibition season and a full regular season before you cast off a QB that (if you're AJ and Marty) you're fully convinced is a franchise QB.

BTW Believe me, the Tuna would much rather have PR as his QB - he fits the Tuna's QB profile during his 18 year NFL head coching career. But he'll have to settle for signing Brees to an offer sheet and giving up two number on picks because AJ won't trade PR.

We'll see who is right in mid-March. If PR is still on the roster, he's with the Chargers through 2010 and if Condon's agent doesn't allow Brees to sign the franchise tag tender, then Brees will either sign an offer sheet or Brees will finally sign the offer and be with the Chargers for 2005.

But bottom line is that neither PR nor Brees gets traded for Williams and a third round pick. Those would be very regrettable trades IMO.

Chargeroo
02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
People love silly rumors! Think about these facts -

Jerry Jones has already said that the Cowboys are not interested in another young QB. They like Henson and Testeverde can still play.

AJ has said more than once that he won't trade P. Rivers.

Roy Williams isn't the type of Safety this team needs. We need a ball hawk. good cover man type not a big hitter type.

utahcharger
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by: bluegold81

Who is we?? I'd like a long term contract.

foty89
02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
First and foremost some of you are not very well versed in football. Roy Williams has only been in the league for three years, and NO he has not retired. Roy Williams is unquestionably an impact player. He may not be a elite cover guy, but he is an elite hitter that will intimidate receivers and get inside their psyche.

So what you are saying is that it is OK if he can't cover as long as he can make a big hit every so often? Even if he gives up a lot of other plays? He sucked this year. The ONLY thing he was good at was injuring receivers, not covering them. Now while that may not be on purpose, and may not be against the rules, I don't want a player who's best abilities are along those lines. Nothing I saw of him makes me want him here.

Go Bolts!

innersoulevents
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by: JoeMcRugby
Then it's time to fire the incompetent AJ when Brees' agent has Brees sign an offer sheet instead of playing for the Chargers for $9 million in 2005 and install LT as RB/scouting director/GM.

As for Wiley, the loser's GONE. You think the Tuna is gonna turn down the opportunity to get a QB (if he really wants him) because of the dead weight whom I believe had a grand total of one sack in 2005?

As for not knowing whether PR is a franchise QB? Precisely, and that's the reason why you don't trade him away before you've had a full off-season, mini-camps, training camp, exhibition season and a full regular season before you cast off a QB that (if you're AJ and Marty) you're fully convinced is a franchise QB.

BTW Believe me, the Tuna would much rather have PR as his QB - he fits the Tuna's QB profile during his 18 year NFL head coching career. But he'll have to settle for signing Brees to an offer sheet and giving up two number on picks because AJ won't trade PR.

We'll see who is right in mid-March. If PR is still on the roster, he's with the Chargers through 2010 and if Condon's agent doesn't allow Brees to sign the franchise tag tender, then Brees will either sign an offer sheet or Brees will finally sign the offer and be with the Chargers for 2005.

But bottom line is that neither PR nor Brees gets traded for Williams and a third round pick. Those would be very regrettable trades IMO.

You shouldnt hire your fanchise player as a GM, but you should listen to what he has to say.
And come March, you are gonna be right most likely. I believe Philip Rivers will be our QB of the future.
I do NOT believe he will be traded. Im just voicing my opinion on the subject.

There are two sides to the fence...and more than half of Charger fans feel this way

I believe Drew Brees should be the quarterback of the Chargers - long term!

Now if THAT IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE, the most logical thing to do is to trade Rivers while his value is high.

Again, I dont think this will happen. Its obviously not your opinion and probably not AJs either. You guys are confidant that Rivers will lead us to the rings. I sure hope so. You better be SURE!

JoeMcRugby
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Fair enough, innersoulevents. i/expressions/beer.gif

It's going to be a very interesting month coming up. Who said that the NFL has an "offseason"? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

guimcharger
02-10-2005, 03:51 PM
If they keep Brees for this season he does good Rivers is gone. I don't care if we get a 7th round pick for him. If we have a good QB stay with him. Their is no such thing as a guarenteed 1st round pick QB.

Chargeroo
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
If they keep Brees for this season he does good Rivers is gone. I don't care if we get a 7th round pick for him. If we have a good QB stay with him. Their is no such thing as a guarenteed 1st round pick QB.

I keep reading that and I agree with it - in fact I'm sure I've said it myself, but, he's not a rookie that they've only seen in college anymore. He's a QB that they've seen in practice every day for an entire season. If they don't know what he can and can't do by now they aren't the good talent evaluators we think they are.

mgpretzel
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: Chargeroo

I keep reading that and I agree with it - in fact I'm sure I've said it myself, but, he's not a rookie that they've only seen in college anymore. He's a QB that they've seen in practice every day for an entire season. If they don't know what he can and can't do by now they aren't the good talent evaluators we think they are.

I agree chargeroo. And we all know the Chargers have good scouts and coachs. I think we have 2 good QBs see what hapens this season and well go from there

lca9900
02-10-2005, 07:58 PM
So most of you are advocating a cap hit of $6 million for Rivers. Now remember once Brees is franchise tag this is an immediate $9 million taken out of the salary cap. So that means we have already lost $15 million out of the extra $21 million just for 2 QBs, and one will no longer be on the team. That leaves us only $6 million under the cap to improve the team. Now that you see the implications, does that sound like something AJ would do?

mgpretzel
02-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I think you need to redo your math. the cap # that you see now is already counting rivers under it. None of the experts would be saying were in good shape if it would be like that check your math and then respond

lca9900
02-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: mgpretzel
I think you need to redo your math. the cap # that you see now is already counting rivers under it. None of the experts would be saying were in good shape if it would be like that check your math and then respond

I think my math is correct. I should mention that by trading Rivers before March 11 we take a cap hit of $6 million for 2005. But if we trade him after March 11, we take a cap hit of $10 to 12 millioin in 2006. So trading Rivers before March 11 and franchise tagging Brees means we will have spend $15 million on these two QBs. However if we do not trade Rivers and franchise tag Brees only $9 millioin is the implication and that leaves us with $12 million to spend on free agents. So trading Rivers may not be the answer. Someone please tell me that I am wrong but most of the arguements of trading Rivers before March 11 is that we only take a cap hit of $6 million. However you still have to franchise tag Brees or work like hell to get him a contract before March 1 when his current contract expires. And if you can't get him under contract under March 1, then he can walk. And if you franchise tag him $9 million is immediately taken out of the salary cap for him. And now most of you say trade Rivers and if this is done before March 11 the cap hit is only $6 million for 2005. After March 11 we take a cap hit in 2006 for $10 to $12 million. So what do you think about trading Rivers now?

lca9900
02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
By the way I am not saying that we should not trade Rivers. But if the Chargers were to trade Rivers I want more than Roy Williams, especially if we are going to take the cap hits for the trade.

mclayton80
02-12-2005, 12:52 AM
theres no way dallas would bite on that. unless u gave up a second and a third, they wouldnt let williams. go. they might not even let him go with that. hes one of the top players in the league and he wont be traded for a backup qb...no matter where he was drafted

innersoulevents
02-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by: mclayton80
theres no way dallas would bite on that. unless u gave up a second and a third, they wouldnt let williams. go. they might not even let him go with that. hes one of the top players in the league and he wont be traded for a backup qb...no matter where he was drafted

whats wrong with where he was drafed??

he was a first round draft pick - 8th overall pick in 02

people keep saying on here what a bad year he had. I personally dont think so. I watched more than a few cowboys games this year (besides the nationally televised Mon + Sun night games) and I thought he played ok. I didnt think he had a great year. but not horrible. and you cant discount the incredible rookie year he had, as well as a solid year last year.

he still one of the best players at his position.

malamute
02-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Well hell,if we are going to fantasize about trading Rivers, how about La Var Arrington for Rivers?Or maybe Sean Taylor.The suck skins need a quarterback

kingporterblood
02-15-2005, 01:37 PM
R. Williams is unproven in the pro`s I say beef up our defense, primarly in the secondary.

rube12
02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Unproven???? He's been to 2 Pro-Bowls in his first 3 years. How the heck is he unproven? By your way of thinking, then both Brees AND Gates are unproven. R. Williams is more proven than ANYONE in our secondary right now.

innersoulevents
02-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by: kingporterblood
R. Williams is unproven in the pro`s I say beef up our defense, primarly in the secondary.

I think your thinking of the Roy Williams from the Lions.

Were talking about the Pro Bowl safety from the Cowboys