PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Morrison

supachargers
02-16-2005, 07:06 PM
I am no expert on how to put links on this page but on footballsfuture.com there is a great little excerpt about Kirk Morrison and how he did in the Senior Bowl. Everyone should check it out. Once you're on the website, click on the Senior Bowl (defense) link and it talks about him in like the second paragraph.

guimcharger
02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I think that he is worth the 28th pick in the draft if he is still their. His secret is out and teams want him.

candokid
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah I go to state and I know first hand that Morrison is a monster. I hope we can pick him up. It would be a travesty if we didn't. I'm not so sure anymore if we can pick him up with our 2nd rounder anymore. Now I am at a dilemma. I want Clayton or Williams w/ #12, Spears w/ #28, and Morrison w/ rd 2. I don't see this happening because I don't think Spears will be around at 28, nor do I see Morrison in rd. 2. What are we to do? We need to get Morrison. He is an excellent team player and captain, and always gives his all. GET MORRISON!!!

guimcharger
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Look at what I wrote above. We take morrison with the 28th pick.

candokid
02-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah I feel you. I really think we need a DE and Morrison. We don't desperately need a WR, so I say Spears w/ #12 and Morrison w/ #28. Sounds good.

dswanson
02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Here's the link. Good read. Has some info about Spears too. http://www.footballsfuture.com...seniorbowldefense.html (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/seniorbowldefense.html)

haybren
02-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I think the idea of Spears and Morrison in the first is perfect. The more I read about these guys the more impressed I am. As far as WR, I have read a lot of positive feedback on Chroponso(?) Thorpe. Any thoughts on picking him up in the second round?

candokid
02-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I was reading up on Thorpe a while ago too. He's a track runner too, and has great speed. I was watching one of his games and he just jumps up and grabs the ball. Great leaper. Could be a deep threat too. Doesn't sound too bad. As long as we can get Donovan Darius through FA.

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Morrison at the #28 pick? IMO The definition of a hometown reach. And reaches destroy a franchise's draft.

If he's still there when the second round pick comes around, fire away. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
__________________________________________________ _________

Climbing Up The NFL Draft
by TFY Draft Preview of TheNFLexperts.com, February 10, 2005 at 1:01am ET

Besides the solid week of practice, he turned in at the Senior Bowl and proving to scouts that he is more than a two down run defending linebacker, Kirk Morrison turned in several outstanding interviews during the week. Teams are impressed with the leadership capabilities of the former San Diego State star. Already a lock to be a first day pick, Morrison could potentially move into the late part of round two with a good combine showing.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=1...;nid=1436202&fhn=1 (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=9&c=2&cid=351004&nid=1436202&fhn=1)

smlman2
02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
morrison might be one of the top 3 LBs in the draft i believe. he is deffinately behind DJ and then im giving someoen i dont know much about the second spot lol. but he is my second favorite. ill feel fine with that if we get a DE at 12 and a FS in Free agency.

supachargers
02-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Nice quote JoeMcRugby but youforgot to put the part about Kirk Morrison impressed the writer the most out of anyone at the Senior Bowl. People are starting to take notice of him and he will be climbing up the draft boards quickly. We dont need DJ because he will probably be an OLB in the NFL. Kirk is a perfect MLB and is just so tight!

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Yes, the writer was impressed with him, but even with that, the writer says he MIGHT move up to the late second round with a solid combine workout.

If the Chargers want Morrison, they need to hope he lasts until their second round pick comes around or trade their first round pick to move down to an early/mid 2nd round pick for Morrison and pick up another high round pick in the process.

IMO Reaching in the first round for a player projected to be selected late in the second round is TROUBLE with a capital T. A lot will happen between now and draft day, so we'll see how things shake out.

guimcharger
02-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: JoeMcRugby
Morrison at the #28 pick? IMO The definition of a hometown reach. And reaches destroy a franchise's draft.

If he's still there when the second round pick comes around, fire away.
__________________________________________________ _________

Climbing Up The NFL Draft
by TFY Draft Preview of TheNFLexperts.com, February 10, 2005 at 1:01am ET

Besides the solid week of practice, he turned in at the Senior Bowl and proving to scouts that he is more than a two down run defending linebacker, Kirk Morrison turned in several outstanding interviews during the week. Teams are impressed with the leadership capabilities of the former San Diego State star. Already a lock to be a first day pick, Morrison could potentially move into the late part of round two with a good combine showing.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=1...;nid=1436202&fhn=1 (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=9&c=2&cid=351004&nid=1436202&fhn=1)

How would that destroy our draft. I don't want him because he plyed at SDSU. His hometown is Oakland. He is one of the best LB in the drat this year and is worth the 28th pick.

JoeMcRugby
02-17-2005, 04:14 PM
In almost every instance, reaching (for whatever reason) will KILL you in the draft.

If Morrison is projected to be a late first round pick on the Chargers board, then you go ahead and pick him at that spot if you rate him above players at higher need positions (i.e. DE and WR). If he's a late second round pick, you absolutely cannot pick a 50ish slotted player in the 28th slot.

Maybe it's because I'm not a SD resident or a SDSU alum so I don't have an emotional attachment, but boosting a player's draft position based on his being a hometown college player.

If he's truly worth a late first round pick, then we'll be hearing a lot of buzz about it before draft day from numerous other NFL franchises who are chomping on the bit to get him. We shall see what happens.

guimcharger
02-17-2005, 05:43 PM
From my perspective they should take a DE in the 12th pick and Morrison with the 28th pick. I think that we can get a decent WR in the second round who could possible return kicks.