PDA

View Full Version : #28 Pick: Troy Williamson

Tomlinson21
02-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Need an explosive kick returner and a speedster WR? Troy Williamson is our man. This guy will be the next Daunte Hall, man - I guarantee it.

With a guy who could do the 40 at that speed...you gotta take him @ #28.

For all the guys who think he doesn't have the numbers....just look at the 3 guys I mentioned above. Small guys with speed. Would be nice to see him in the next few years with a quick release QB like Rivers throwin at him or Brees throwing down field on a streak....unfreakinbelievable.

Tomlinson21
02-18-2005, 07:57 PM
This just in....Everybody go to NFL.com right now and see what I'm talkin about this kid. He's going to be a stud.
http://nfl.com/draft/story/8207281

JoeMcRugby
02-18-2005, 08:05 PM
The problem as I see it is that if he does what is expected at the combine and personal workouts, he won't be there at #28.

innersoulevents
02-18-2005, 09:05 PM
just like Mike Williams wont be ther at #12, regardless of workouts

Tomlinson21
02-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Youre right on that Joe...I saw this kid in the All-Star Rookie Challenge a few weeks back. He finished in record time on all the routes AND caught all the balls that were thrown to him. The last ball was thrown short and he adjusted like a pro and caught on a kneeler.

He was up against the likes of Edwards (who dropped a catch on a cross route). Clayton ws there too and he wasn't that bad either.

If he raises some eyebrows in the Combine - he's good as gone. If he falls @ 12 - I just can't see us passing up on a Blue Chip DE. Thats where we need some skill at.

The WR Corps we have right now is a formiddable one. Adding TW - would be icing on the cake but like you said...he could be gone by #28. : (

guimcharger
02-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't mind if he was their at number 28 and we picked him and I also wouldn't mind if we took Kirk Morrison either.

smlman2
02-20-2005, 11:39 AM
i read the article and it says his negatives are illusivness! how is he like dante hall if he cant get away from people? and if he is a dante hall then he isnt worth 28. dante hall isnt a good reciever and thats what all you people want. we can get a kick returner later in the draft that is just as good as him i bet.

foty89
02-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't know, he seems ok, but he is not jumping out at me at all.

I like either Clayton or Edwards, not necessarily in that order.

I still have a big concern with Williams, and the article just reinforces that when it says that one of his biggest negatives is being immature. I just have a bad feeling about him.

In all truth, I still don't see receiver as being a huge need, yes depth and development for the future is needed, but we need a SS and DE now. I am not against taking a receiver, but only if A.J. has a solid plan to address the other needs before hand.

Go Bolts!
i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif

Thunderstruck
02-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Tomlinson21
Youre right on that Joe...I saw this kid in the All-Star Rookie Challenge a few weeks back. He finished in record time on all the routes AND caught all the balls that were thrown to him. The last ball was thrown short and he adjusted like a pro and caught on a kneeler.

He was up against the likes of Edwards (who dropped a catch on a cross route). Clayton ws there too and he wasn't that bad either.

Oh geeze....does that mean Brees is better than Manning, Culpepper, Vick, and McNabb because he won the QB challenge?

Those competitions at the ProBowl are so meaningless when applied to a real game it's ridiculous--not to mention that the receiver competition relied too heavily on the accuracy of a real QB, not a machine. And if you watched that competition, you would have known that Aaron Brooks' sporadic throws to Edwards and Clayton helped Williamson win that competition. Brooks was all over the place. It wasn't a balanced competition at all because of that.

Besides that, there are other problems with the competition. There's no safety waiting out there to lay the wood to the receiver...no CB there to play bump-and-run, no 70,000 fans screaming and no pressure to make the game-changing reception. It's a parlor game for entertainment--not a scouting tool, IMO.

HeadTrip
02-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Well Drew is certainly better than the amazingly overrated vick, but not because he won the comp i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Its because unlike vick, Drew actually has more TDs than TOs.

gobolts6
02-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Troy Williamson at all!!!

gobolts6
02-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh but also.. I don't see Williamson lasting till the #28th pick. We should either take Derrick Johnson or Williamson with our #12 pick (whoever is still there). They are two great players that could really help our team!!

boonac1
02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: gobolts6
Oh but also.. I don't see Williamson lasting till the #28th pick. We should either take Derrick Johnson or Williamson with our #12 pick (whoever is still there). They are two great players that could really help our team!!

Williamson is too big of a chance for a top 15 pick. He had 43 catches his senior year, and I don't care if it was a run first offense if he was that great they would have gotten him the ball more. He never broke 1000 yards in college.

Derrick Johnson should be our top choice at #12, but he might be gone too. I think with our cap room free agency should address most of our needs.

HeadTrip
02-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: boonac1

Originally posted by: gobolts6

Williamson is too big of a chance for a top 15 pick. He had 43 catches his senior year, and I don't care if it was a run first offense if he was that great they would have gotten him the ball more. He never broke 1000 yards in college.

Derrick Johnson should be our top choice at #12, but he might be gone too. I think with our cap room free agency should address most of our needs.

Williamson is a Junior I believe, not a senior. I agree that he is too risky at 12 because a lot of his stock is based on potential. I dont know that he will make it to the 28th pick either, but if he does it might be a good risk at that spot. If not, we can go for Oline/Dline/FS or maybe Clayton.

ILSDFAN
02-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by: Tomlinson21
Need an explosive kick returner and a speedster WR? Troy Williamson is our man. This guy will be the next Daunte Hall, man - I guarantee it.

With a guy who could do the 40 at that speed...you gotta take him @ #28.

For all the guys who think he doesn't have the numbers....just look at the 3 guys I mentioned above. Small guys with speed. Would be nice to see him in the next few years with a quick release QB like Rivers throwin at him or Brees throwing down field on a streak....unfreakinbelievable.

I'm on the bangwagon for the 28th pick to be Troy Williamson. He would be a steal if the Chargers take him with the 28th pick.

BreesLightning
02-21-2005, 07:45 AM
From Draft showcase

#12 Chargers Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

Still on the board at #12 was: DT Anttaj Hawthorne, CB Packman Jones, OT Jammal Brown, DE Shawne Merriman and WR Mark Clayton

#28 Chargers Adam Terry, OT, Syracuse

Still on the board at #28 was; DT Shawn Cody, OLB Daryl Blackstock, DE Justin Tuck

#61 Chargers James Butler, FS, Georgia Tech

Still on the board ILB Kirk Morrison

boltzpride
02-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I really love troy williamson but when I think about it I dont think Brees has the arm to take advantage of a player with his speed. Mike Williams might be a better fit because hes more of a short to intermidate player thats fits brees' game.

BreesLightning
02-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by: boltzpride
I really love troy williamson but when I think about it I dont think Brees has the arm to take advantage of a player with his speed. Mike Williams might be a better fit because hes more of a short to intermidate player thats fits brees' game.

All this talk about Brees having a weak arm is a little over blown. Steeler coach in the Pro bowl game said that he was supprised how strong Drews arm actually was. Brees can chuck the ball 50 yrds, we seen him throw it 55 yrds threw the air to Parker in 2004. IMO if we do pick up a speedy WR, Drew will go down field more offten.

JoeMcRugby
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: boonac1

Neither did Tim Brown when he won the Heisman his senior year under Ground Lou.

Gobolts_21
02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, Troy Williamson, next Dante Hall, good call.

hambone
02-08-2010, 08:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, Troy Williamson, next Dante Hall, good call.

Your laughing at people while you dig up a 5 year old thread? *Golf Clap*

JammerHammer23
02-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Your laughing at people while you dig up a 5 year old thread? *Golf Clap*

Couldn't agree more.

JammerHammer23
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I just thought it was funny how you morons suck so bad at analyzing football.

So you've never thought a guy would be good and then he busted?

bolt dude
02-09-2010, 03:43 PM

You can also dig up a thread I made about how we should draft Desean Jackson HERE (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=50164). I got one reply and it was someone who shut me down. I've also been totally wrong at times..I thought Ko Simpson would be the next Ed Reed.

It just goes to show...Talent evaluation is a tough job. There's no simple formula. I mean some people scout players for their whole adult lives and then draft Ryan Leaf at #2!

But could you imagine for a sec how sick our offense would be with Desean Jackson, Rivers, VJ, Gates, Floyd, Sproles, Etc...? :Beer: lol.

Dojo
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I bet you hadn't even reached High School when this thread was created. Do you even know the first thing about analyzing football?
Anyways, this is just a forum, we don't get paid. Most of us just look at mock drafts and assume he's good because Tony Kornheiser said he is.

bolt dude
02-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I bet you hadn't even reached High School when this thread was created. Do you even know the first thing about analyzing football?
Anyways, this is just a forum, we don't get paid. Most of us just look at mock drafts and assume he's good because Tony Kornheiser said he is.

Lol. Classic post. I'm more of a Mayock guy, but you hit it right on the head.

Gobolts_21
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM

I actually played in high-school for 4 years, ILB, Villa Park High school. And I guarantee you I know more about football than you could learn in 10 lifetimes.

JammerHammer23
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I actually played in high-school for 4 years, ILB, Villa Park High school. And I guarantee you I know more about football than you could learn in 10 lifetimes.

1 Cool bolt Guy is that you?

Bolt4Life
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Are you mentally challenged sir?

Dojo
02-09-2010, 11:57 PM
HAHA. That's good for a laugh. 4 WHOLE years playing HS football eh?I guess my 9 years playing has nothing on that. I've played in a 34, 46, and 43 so I'm no stranger when it comes to defenses. Also played in a run and gun offense and a double tight winged t.
But I have nothing on your Villa Park High school action.

619-N-702
02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow..and I thought there was only one..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SYo75gPyMTI/AAAAAAAACWI/3m8Yd9Z4uRk/s320/al-bundy.jpg

SanDiegoRon
02-10-2010, 08:22 AM
now fess up BoltJolt, Troy was "your boy"... :D

808BOLTFAN
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't see the need on spending our 1st round pick on another receiver. We need a NT or a RB. If you want an explosive kick returner, lets get Javier Arenas. He won't cost us our 1st. He's got explosive speed with great elusiveness.

Dojo
02-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't see the need on spending our 1st round pick on another receiver. We need a NT or a RB. If you want an explosive kick returner, lets get Javier Arenas. He won't cost us our 1st. He's got explosive speed with great elusiveness.
well, we needed a WR in 2006.

bolt-thistle
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
He was drafted to be the next Moss at #7, unbelievable speed, too bad he couldn't catch.

Bolt4Life
02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Well from reading a lot of your posts it sounds like those 9 years you sat on the bench, because a lot of the stuff you write just sounds retarded.

Gawd I hope I was never this annoying in high school.

LVSupercharged
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Well from reading a lot of your posts it sounds like those 9 years you sat on the bench, because a lot of the stuff you write just sounds retarded.

What does sitting on the bench have to do with analyzing football? Come on now.

By the way, my dad is bigger than your dad.

JammerHammer23
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Just like your stuff.....

Did you sit on the bench for 4 years? I bet you did.

Bolt4Life
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Just like your stuff.....

Did you sit on the bench for 4 years? I bet you did.

No, he played specials teams as a wedge guy.