PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard Charger fan in Arizona

Chargers21
03-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I honestly believe I am the biggest die hard Charger fan!

GrnLntrn420
03-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey man,

I would acctually be the biggest die hard Chargers fan in Arizona I have lived there for the past 11 years but am currently out of country, but I am the biggest fan in the desert I go to every game the is held at Sun Devil Stadium the only blue and gold in a sea of red and white but I applaud your enthusiasim and your dedication to the team.

SDFAN42
03-14-2005, 06:19 AM
I've been in Arizona since '97 and have been a dire hard fan since the early 80's in Los Angeles. I've also been to every Chargers game at SDS since I've been here as well as many at the Q.

Chargers21
03-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I live here in Mira Mesa & have for my whole life. How is it in arizona?

GrnLntrn420
03-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I am from West Phoenix, around 35th ave and Peoria by the way of Okinawa, Japan I have been living in Phoenix since 1992 and been going to every game in Phoenix since then and what ever games that I can make it to in SD. The Bolts can and will win in 05.

nero924
05-31-2005, 10:20 PM
What part of Arizona are you die hard Charger fans from? I have actually met a couple of Bolt fans here in Mesa at a local Bar & Grill. We need more Charger fans in AZ so we can start a group thing next season. It would be lots of fun, especially since we know San Diego will win the division again. Let's do this!

What bar?!?! I'm in East Mesa and would love to meet up with some other Bolts fans.

Bobo
07-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I live in the Sunnyslope part of Phoenix. Around the 7th St., Dunlap & Cave Creek intersections.

yumaboltfan
07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
im a lifelong charger freak in yuma az.had season tickets for many years...now only make it to a couple of games a year...i have 4 tickets to the giants sunday nifgt game,and will be making the 3 hr roadie

audioMD
07-20-2005, 12:46 AM
We have a bunch of fans that always go to Hooters in Tucson for games every weekend. I moved here last year and not very surprised that there are alot of Chargers fans here. I mean who would you honestly want to root for CHARGERS or cardinals...no brainer. Funny thing is I see lots of other fans show up there too just not any cardinal fans.

Check out what I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221217810&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

wyattearp65
07-20-2005, 08:10 AM
We have a bunch of fans that always go to Hooters in Tucson for games every weekend. I moved here last year and not very surprised that there are alot of Chargers fans here. I mean who would you honestly want to root for CHARGERS or cardinals...no brainer. Funny thing is I see lots of other fans show up there too just not any cardinal fans.

Check out what I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221217810&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Those decals are real kool
I want one !!!!

brandon
07-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm here in AZ for the bolt's. I,ve been in AZ all my life, but have also been a charger fan since birth. 1974 to be exact, Idon't run into to many charger fans and I try to comb the sports bars looking for loyal fans no band wagon jumpers. if any body knows a bar where bolt heads get together let me know, possibly somewhere in the east valley, mesa, tempe, or chandler.

Iamuponyou
08-04-2005, 01:25 AM
I am probably the youngest die hard Charger fan, I have been a Chargers fan for about 8 years now, and I live in Gilbert, Arizona

kwirk79
08-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Another AZ Chargers fan here...grew up in Yuma but I live in Tucson now. Liked the Bolts since '92, and I'm psyched about the new season!!

FaiderHater32
08-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Another Bolts fan here in Yuma Az. Scored 4 tickets to the Rams game on the 21st. I am freakin pumped about the season. Cant wait to see "Lights Out" put the hurt on! #1 Raider Hater!

meyesme
08-20-2005, 08:58 PM
:Bolt: I am the number one charger fan at least in Nevada, if not the world!! Back to the days of Dan Fouts, what a hunk:14: My question tonight is this, why oh why are stuck with this terrible did I stress terrible kicker Nate Kaeding:confused:
Can we please get Carney back, he was and is still wonderful:Beer: Can I get a cannon shot ?

BlueLightning
08-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Die Hard Charger fan... lived in Yuma for a while, saw the bolts on TV every Sunday back in the early-mid 80's... live in Phoenix now... want to live in San Diego badly... so I can get season tickets! Will be going to the Chargers - Chiefs game at the end of October... can't wait! After that, I will be attending the playoff games that the Bolts will be hosting!!!

BoltsRule60
08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Where is the Hooters in Tucson, that the Bolts fans meet at? Although I usually watch the games at home (nfl sunday ticket), I'm going to need something different this season :( Don't have DirectTV anymore.

Looking forward to another great year :Football:

Infernus
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Been here since 03, only 17 but was in San Diego before I moved here.

kwirk79
08-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Where is the Hooters in Tucson, that the Bolts fans meet at? Although I usually watch the games at home (nfl sunday ticket), I'm going to need something different this season :( Don't have DirectTV anymore.

Looking forward to another great year :Football:Yeah I'd like to know that too since there are 2 Hooters in town. Usually I'd rather listen to the game on the radio when it's not on TV, but I might have to make it out to Hooters for a change. Hot chicks, hot wings and Chargers football sounds like a winning combination :D

BoltsRule60
08-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I lived in San Diego, myself, but it was many years ago. Born and raised there, as a matter of fact, but now living in Tucson. Nice to know there are other Charger's fans out here. I betcha after last years season, though..there will be a lot of bandwagoners. Ick. I don't like bandwagoners. The true blue fans, that have stuck with them, through the good and bad are the best! And although there isn't anything on the schedule this year in Phx, it would be nice for future reference, with a fan list, for next season. Preseason or regular, to get a load of fans together for a game agains the ::shivers:: Cardinals.

BoltsRule60
08-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Die Hard Charger fan... lived in Yuma for a while, saw the bolts on TV every Sunday back in the early-mid 80's... live in Phoenix now... want to live in San Diego badly... so I can get season tickets! Will be going to the Chargers - Chiefs game at the end of October... can't wait! After that, I will be attending the playoff games that the Bolts will be hosting!!!
Living in SD is sooooo expensive. Horrible horrible. I had had plans to get to the MNF game, but just recently did a job change, so I am not so sure now, but I won't give up!

BlueLightning
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Living in SD is sooooo expensive. Horrible horrible. I had had plans to get to the MNF game, but just recently did a job change, so I am not so sure now, but I won't give up!

I agree SD is expensive, but I have always loved that city, and season tickets to the Chargers would be soooo great.

TheLTShow
09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey im near Gilbert, AZ if anybody wanta to watch charger games this season, if anybody knows any bars w/ charger fans nearby id appreciate it.

Chargers 11-5 in 05'

Gabe105
09-07-2005, 01:12 AM
My girlfriend and I have been looking for Charger fans to watch the games with since we moved to Tucson from El Cajon a couple of years ago. Just wondering which hooters Charger fans go to in Tucson? Or are there any other bars that fans tend to hang out at?

kwirk79
09-08-2005, 11:59 PM
My girlfriend and I have been looking for Charger fans to watch the games with since we moved to Tucson from El Cajon a couple of years ago. Just wondering which hooters Charger fans go to in Tucson? Or are there any other bars that fans tend to hang out at?What's up Gabe...I don't go to bars to watch Chargers games hardly ever, but last year I went to Rusty's on Grant and Silverbell to watch the SD/Tampa Bay game with some friends, and there was a fair amount of Chargers fans there. You should try that place out, it's pretty nice. It's half sports bar/half family restaurant, the food's really good, and most of the booths in the restaurant have their own TV so you can watch whatever game you want on Sundays.

Gabe105
09-09-2005, 02:33 AM
What's up Gabe...I don't go to bars to watch Chargers games hardly ever, but last year I went to Rusty's on Grant and Silverbell to watch the SD/Tampa Bay game with some friends, and there was a fair amount of Chargers fans there. You should try that place out, it's pretty nice. It's half sports bar/half family restaurant, the food's really good, and most of the booths in the restaurant have their own TV so you can watch whatever game you want on Sundays.

Thank you for the suggestion, If the game is not televised due to a boring cardinal game Iíll probably be heading over there. I normally go to the wildcat house, but there is only one Charger fan that goes there. Whatever you do don't go to Arizona Ale House apparently the Denver donkeys have a fan base there. Thanks again for the suggestion

Gabe105
09-12-2005, 02:59 AM
I went to Rustyís and enjoyed the atmosphere (despite the result of the game), there were at least 10 Charger fans there, but unfortunately we were still outnumbered by the cowgirl fans. Overall itís a pretty good place to go if your one of the Bolt faithful.

AZChrgrfan
09-21-2005, 07:53 AM
I just moved from San Diego to Mayer, Arizona and if not for the sunday ticket would not be able to watch the best football player in the world...LT!

boltbeliever
09-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Big bolt fan in yuma. I just had my first son on the 9th of this month, he has yet to witness a bolt victory. THIS MUST BE THE GAME HE DOES. Just nother bolt fan in ytown:21: :Football: :Helmet:

jonneil
09-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Anyone know of a good sports bar in and around the Scottdale area that I can find some fans to hang out with. I moved here from San Diego 5 months ago, and its hard to watch the game alonehttp://forums.chargers.com/images/icons/icon9.gif. I think were going to do well this season, and its great to see the raiders are 0-3 so far. Go Chargers!!!!!!!

Chargergurl
09-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I live in Oro Valley - a Tucson suburb exactly 5 hours and 20 minutes from the Q.

Did any of you make it to the Tempe MNF game? I was on the Jumbotron with bolts on my cheeks, holding a big SAY OW sign with a pink heart with a bolt going through it (to make it look broken) between the words.

Infernus
10-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I went to that game Chargergurl. I also went to the preseason one last year as well.

BoltWRX
10-29-2005, 11:17 AM
lifetime charger fan here.. I used to live in Yuma, but have since moved to Maine and my wife and I are the ONLY bolts fans out here!! will be moving to San Antonio in the next 4 months and will probably be the only bolts fans there.. oh well.. go San Diego!!

Gr8sct
11-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Qualcom Stadium is only 2 1/2 hrs. from Yuma, AZ. and a friend of ours has season tickets every year for years and years. We do go to the games.
One of our group (sister-in-law) actually gets physicaly sick if the bolts loose and sometimes when they win but it's a close game.
I'd say that she is truly a die hard fan, in fact she is the one who got me interested. Interest turned into fan --- you know how it goes.
It's been great seeing their games this season. You gotta give them credit, win or loose they are always exciting to watch!

grumpynat
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
It's nice to see so many Charger fans in Arizona, but you are all down south. Up here in Flagstaff, the few Bolt fans I've met congregate at the Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the games.

Been in Arizona for 2 years from San Diego. Was a season ticket holder for 11 years.

As for claims of being the biggest Chargers fan.....I have a bolt tattoo - you decide. ;)

blackroseMD1
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Just moved to Tucson from beautiful sunny San Diego in July. Man, I miss going to games, but at least most of the Bolts games are televised out here. I've heard there is a great bar called the 4 Wheel Depot here to go and watch the Bolts, but never been there myself.

Tony Wilson
11-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Just moved to Tucson from beautiful sunny San Diego in July. Man, I miss going to games, but at least most of the Bolts games are televised out here. I've heard there is a great bar called the 4 Wheel Depot here to go and watch the Bolts, but never been there myself.
it's called the Ft. Lowell Depot. O.k., but not great. Depending on what part of town your on try Risky Business at Broadway and Craycroft or Fox and Hound at McGee and La Cholla.

gmherps
11-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Charger fan from Texas here!!!!:Helmet:

SD_fan_in_AZ_22
11-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey,
Ive been a chargers fan since I was like 5, my dad got me a Anthony Miller Jersey on a trip to San Diego and Ive been a fan ever since.

BoltWRX
11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I miss arizona.. this cold weather is getting old up here in new england

chargerbrunette
11-24-2005, 09:35 AM
i need some charger support out here in the middle of the arizona desert. iam surrounded by fader fans, help!!!

Kaptain KAOS
12-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey AZ Bolt fans,, I'm Looking for Charger Bar in north Phoenix.

bleedchargerblu
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Big time Charger Fan here. IMO I have been a Bolt fan since oh crud cant remember that far back. At least 24 years. I was born an raised in Phx. Lived there for almost 23 years. I now live in So Cal close to Los Angeles, (oh yea lots of Charger fans here jk) I became a fan when one of my best friends in 6th grade went to SD and brought me back a Yellow Charger power shirt he got at a game. Hooked!! My family still lives in Phx and I have some family in Cottonwood. In fact I was in CW about 2 weeks ago and they of course wernt showing the Bolts/Bills game so I had to hunt down a place with Sunday ticket. Found one, Zoomers (good wings and plenty of tvs) and as soon as I walked in the door with my throwback LT on I saw other Charger fans there. In fact as soon as they saw me one guy Named Goerge, pulled up a table for me and the kin in front of the big screen to enjoy the game. (we all know how that game came out) Well ive wasted enough of your time allready, but if George reads this column THANKs for the welcome fellow Bolt Brother in Cottonwood. (Big Rene here) If you guys find a Bolt bar or a good followin in Phx Please post it, I go back to Phx fairly often in the winter, I try my best not to go in the summer any more. Go Chargers. oops I spilled some blu blood.

1.21Gigawatts
12-02-2005, 03:52 PM
That's cool to see AZ people liking the Chargers.

chargerpwr
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Sup?

Lived in San Diego 98% of my life. Try'n to get my family a home, and get things squared away. I'm now in Yuma, AZ. Able to watch the games on the tube, and once I'm done w/ school.. I'll be able to get some seats at the games. :D

I actually see a lot of Charger Jerseys here in Yuma. Unfortuneately there is a high school out here that there team name (an no, my sons will NOT go there) is the Raiders. So, I see a lot of tRaider gear out here too.

Yumanians.. Get ahold of me.. Do a BBQ on a Sunday sometime..

God Bless, and Go Bolts!

ddak71
03-17-2006, 05:07 PM
i moved to phx in sept, i want to go to a few SD home games, but would like to travel with soimeone

dk

SDCfan-N-PHX
03-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I would like to hang out w/other Charger fans, to Root for the
:Helmet: Chargers:Bolt: !!!

l60sbolt
03-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Born in S.D. moved to Denver in 98 and transfered to Az in 02 living in Buckeye.I've been nothing but Bolts and nothing but since 1969.I'm glad to see so many of you out there.
If your anything like me I know you get tired of having Rader,Cowbow,etc,etc,throw that how many S.B.'s have the bolts won?.None yet,however I've always taken satisfaction in the fact that the Chargers are recognized as having had the greatest impact on its sports evolution and play than any team in any pro sport anywhere.
Look at nearly any offensive set today and you can see Air Coryell in it.
And for you muscle car enthusiast bolts,the Dodge Charger introduced first introduced in 1968 WAS named for our team and is still the only car in the U.S. named for any sport team.

General Failure
03-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I live in Yuma Arizona and I am a huge Charger Fan. I have been a fan of the Chargers for many years and I was born in Indio California which isn't too far from San Diego. I look forward to going to at least one game next year and I will be taking my Packer loving best friend.

I know what you mean Chargerpwr. I went to a high school in the Yuma area with the Ram as the mascot, and I also have a friend that is currently attending the "raider" school. I also see a lot of Bolt fans here and unfortunately a lot of raider fans too. Most of the raider fans are cholos though.:p

Boltz2175
03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
I live in the middle of Kansas and everyone here is crazy over the Cheifs....always bragging about their OVERRATED quarterback....i take so much crap...but the Boltz keep me going!!!

TheIceCreamMan
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
i live in Connecticut? lol

SP17BOLT
04-02-2006, 01:20 AM
CHargers all the way

isiahv
05-01-2006, 02:12 AM
I just came from SanDiego. I need to find some true Charger fans in az city, or Casa Grande. I have just moved here from cali. San Diego that is. Born and raised. I just want to find people with the same intrest.
Go bolts,
Go Padres,
Go

619bolts
06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
right on guys, I just moved out here from sunny SD to enjoy a reasonable cost of living. I'm out here at 21st ave and northern. What is the local Chargers bar in town. There has to be one?

hiflite2
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Born and raised in San Diego. I have been in Yuma, AZ since '96 and a Charger fan since the beginning of time. I usually go to about 3 to 4 games a year. Lovin the future!!

jonneil
07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
It's nice to see so many Charger fans out in the Phoenix area. I've looked thru this thread and have noticed that there isn't a nearby bar that fans go to watch the games. Lets all put our heads together and find a bar(s) to watch the 2006 season. At least maybe we all can get together and watch the 1st Chargers/Raider game!

Indigo Joe
07-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Indigo Joe's in Mesa Charger Fan

bizznot
07-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Does far SW Colorado (Bayfield) count?

miktimopat
10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Hello there, been a Chargers fan since 1963. Yeah I know! A long time. True to the BLUE through thick and thin. It will happen! I need to know where in Tucson that the Chargers fan hang out for the games? There I will be able to scream good and bad, ha ha things and not worry about you know. Let me know if there is a place.

Thanks
miktimopat

TCUFAN5
10-09-2006, 12:53 PM
hey MIKTIMOPAT im in Tucson as well i havent found any places to hang out maybe for one of the big games all the AZ fans can get together and do a big Tailgate somewhere in AZ... GO CHARGERS!!!!

MDChargerFan
10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Im getting ready to move to Phoenix from Maryland. Padre Murphys is a pretty good place.

619BOLTFANIN623
10-14-2006, 10:00 AM
so where is a good place to watch tomorrow's game? my cable provider wants to charger me $40 to watch it at home!!

LTbaby777
10-14-2006, 10:04 AM
i am one of the biggest die hard fans in arizona i am from phoenix arizona but i love the chargers ok

LTbaby777
10-14-2006, 10:05 AM
your moving to phoenix thats where i live

srfbetty
10-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Hello there, been a Chargers fan since 1963. Yeah I know! A long time. True to the BLUE through thick and thin. It will happen! I need to know where in Tucson that the Chargers fan hang out for the games? There I will be able to scream good and bad, ha ha things and not worry about you know. Let me know if there is a place.

Thanks
miktimopat
I'm looking for a place, too. I recently moved here from San Diego, so let me know if you find one

MDChargerFan
11-13-2006, 05:36 AM
bump to the front

belmont
11-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I live in Yuma Arizona and I am a huge Charger Fan. I have been a fan of the Chargers for many years and I was born in Indio California which isn't too far from San Diego. I look forward to going to at least one game next year and I will be taking my Packer loving best friend.

I know what you mean Chargerpwr. I went to a high school in the Yuma area with the Ram as the mascot, and I also have a friend that is currently attending the "raider" school. I also see a lot of Bolt fans here and unfortunately a lot of raider fans too. Most of the raider fans are cholos though.:p

Born and raised in San Diego. I have been in Yuma, AZ since '96 and a Charger fan since the beginning of time. I usually go to about 3 to 4 games a year. Lovin the future!!

I was born and raised in Yuma, now live in Chandler. My dad always took me to SD games growing up.

beerbuddha
11-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Turns out i will be in Havasu for the bills game... Does anybody know of any bars there that might have the game? I dont even need a charger bar, we will turn it into one....

Wayne