PDA

View Full Version : Join our committee to keep the Chargers in San Diego.

Dan40
04-14-2005, 10:19 AM
You've read the threads. You've battled the anti-stadium trolls. You want to make sure your voice is heard.

Here's your chance to join the political action committee for a NEW CHARGERS STADIUM.

We have set up a group to educate the public, city government and the media about the current Chargers stadium proposal. We feel it is imperative the San Diego Chargers remain the San Diego Chargers.

If you are interested in joining the committee, learning about the facts, or assisting in the effort, post in this thread or send me a personal message.

Dan40

ETA: Sorry I haven't contacted anybody. We have a new website to go to for this:

www.sdcitizens4stadium.com

LTfan4life
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Is there anything I can do from Colorado?! Let me know if I can. :)

AFChamps94
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
The :Bolt: Bolts :Bolt: are not going anywhere ! Where would the NFL put them ? Los Angeles doesn't want the Bolts and as long as the team keeps winning their fan base in SD will continue to grow which will eventually lead to a stadium deal.

Dan40
04-15-2005, 03:29 PM
The :Bolt: Bolts :Bolt: are not going anywhere ! Where would the NFL put them ? Los Angeles doesn't want the Bolts and as long as the team keeps winning their fan base in SD will continue to grow which will eventually lead to a stadium deal.

Los Angeles isn't the only option for the Chargers if they want to get out of town.

Now, I'm not in panic mode like a lot of people are. I'm very optimistic. However, the unwillingness of the mayor and city council to work with the Chargers is very troubling.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. One thing is for certain - the team says that the stadium in inadequate, so I a deal is necessary for the team to stay in town.

LTfan,

I'll get back with you over the weekend.

Let'sPunt!
04-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I am worried that the financial troubles the city is in will hurt the Chargers chances of getting a new stadium.

LTfan4life
04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Lets Punt- How do you get words under your avatar? Like yours says "punter".

raiderhater1
04-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Dan let me know if there is anyway i can help in this commitiee i will do i can from here in north texas !!!!!!!1

PhillyFan
05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Count in the East coast. Especially Philly.

michbuckeyesfan
05-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I met Dave Binn in Vegas @ studio 54 He's awesome!!!!!

wyattearp65
05-26-2005, 08:06 AM
You've read the threads. You've battled the anti-stadium trolls. You want to make sure your voice is heard.

Here's your chance to join the political action committee for a NEW CHARGERS STADIUM.

We have set up a group to educate the public, city government and the media about the current Chargers stadium proposal. We feel it is imperative the San Diego Chargers remain the San Diego Chargers.

If you are interested in joining the committee, learning about the facts, or assisting in the effort, post in this thread or send me a personal message.

Dan40
I cant believe there is'nt more interest on this thread to help out this committee to try to keep our beloved chargers in this city!! The more voice's that unite in this great cause the louder we become. The louder we become the chances of being heard becomes greater. we cant just lay down and do nothing!! Make this city hear you, the great fans of the San Diego Super Chargers. YOU WONT BE TAKING OUR CHARGERS OUT OF THIS CITY!!!!! OVER OUR DEAD BODIES!!!! :Helmet: thank you for your support :D

Little Big Man
08-01-2005, 10:28 PM
i'll help any way i can from canada.

CHKChargers
08-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Hopefully they don't move. I think they will stay they have to be the San Diego Chargers everything else won't be right.

paul.almryde
09-17-2005, 07:32 AM
:Helmet: Right now I'm in Kosovo, but should be home before the SuperBowl. I live in Barstow, but what ever is needed.:Bolt: Go Chargers

thesith2001
09-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I read some discourging news a week or so ago in the Los Angeles Times; it seems the LA Coliesum Commission, the one that keep bothing any attempt to "land an NFL" team for the dump is willing to give up control of the site (which should be used for a "land fill") to an NFL owner once the league approves the upgrade to the stadium.
The story,in part read, ..."the Saints were the once favored team..."but since the Katrina desastor that plan has been 'put on hold' "leaving the Chargers as the only current team that may consider a move, espically now with the city in financial streps...."
The league has not ruled out expansion but the time it takes to field a winning team and attract a "core fan base" will be longer in LA as per the reputation of Los Angeles "fans" to only support a "winning team".
It not only depresses me that the Times mentions the Chargers, but the Coliesum in the same story.
I think many of you know how I feel about that dump.(3 people and six cans of "ortho Weed Be Gone" and the Coliesum would "be gone"). I could care less if LA ever gets an NFL team, and I live in Long Beach, as long as i have the Chargers IN SAN DIEGO.
The team must remain in SD and I have written several e-mails to them in that regard.
let's all see what happens this season before we start "lobbying' Spanos and the Mayor's office to stay put.
I fermly believe the Chargers will stay put as I don't think they would really want to play inthe Coliesum,where the Faiders once played and about 30 per cent of the popul;ation still is their fan base.
At least i hope not.
A "remade" Coliesum,as Art Model, "old Baltimore Brown himself" once said os "like putting a new dress on the same old hooker", yes, crass but true.

lchingon
10-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Joined...thanks

SDRANGER619
10-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I registered! SAVE THE BOLTS!

SDtelvanni
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Has anyone from the organization came out and said that they would move the team without a new stadium deal ?

Jammer23
11-07-2005, 08:28 PM
It'll be different if Chargers moved to L.A....Btw if San Diego doesnt take the Chargers, isnt Chula Vista interested in taking them ?

Charger Joe
11-18-2005, 07:08 PM
The bottom line is that San Diego is a big part of Charger history and the Chargers are a big part of San Diego history. Losing the Bolts to Los Angeles just would not be right, even though that's where the team started. The sound of "The Los Angeles Chargers" just doesn't sound right. I hope that now that we have a new mayor, Sanders, something can be done to keep the Bolts here in San Diego where they belong. Let Los Angeles get an expansion team, or another team, but not the Bolts.

SDHotwheels
12-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I havent heard much other than whats on this site but would love to help out

socal18_2_88fan
12-09-2005, 01:17 AM
The citizens of this city (myself included) thankfully already completed the first step to keeping the Chargers here by defeating the evil devil lady in the November election. Even though I don't plan on staying here in SD once I am done with my grad work, I think the Chargers should stay put because I think San Diego would support them much better than LA would. How do you think LA would've handled a 1-15 Chargers team in 2000? Not as well as the people of this did. They of course would show up now that the team is doing well and then claim they were there all along. As a longtime fan of the Colts, another team that has suffered lean years and has had threats posted about moving to LA, I understand how loyalty should be rewarded. Now that Indy, like SD, has a good team we are being rewarded with a new stadium and a pledge by both the city and organization to keep the team in Indy. It is time for both the city here and the Chargers to follow suit and reward the loyal fans of SD.

thesith2001
12-22-2005, 08:10 PM

Well, how do you know Los Angeles does not want the Chargers? Do you know how the city feels?
Well, I tend to agree with you, only a "few" people in LA want the NFL there anyway-and some of them are not writting for the "Los Angeles Times".
It isn't that LA does not want a team, they, well, have no idea what they want.
I cannot see the Chargers, for example, leaving Qualcomm Stadium.as old as it is, for LA where the only venue avilable to play is even older then the "Q", the Colieseum. 60,000 would not fill that "land fill, garbage pile." USC "claims" or the city "claims" to draw around 80,000 but U$C has not lost a game in about three years--can any NFL team claim that? and the "LA Sports fan" supports winners; see Lakers for example.
I honestly feel as long as the Coliesum remains in play, the NFL will never play in LA.
Now, bear this in mind, the "Region" has lost two teams over the last 10 years-if you can call those two disgraces teams.
Oakland left some people with a bitter taste--all the thugs and the like-that make that team their life.
No one wants to go into that again-and the Coliesum is in the middle of it.
Do not look for the League to be in to much of a hurry to return to second largest TV market-where the League makes more money.

thesith2001
12-22-2005, 08:15 PM
The citizens of this city (myself included) thankfully already completed the first step to keeping the Chargers here by defeating the evil devil lady in the November election. Even though I don't plan on staying here in SD once I am done with my grad work, I think the Chargers should stay put because I think San Diego would support them much better than LA would. How do you think LA would've handled a 1-15 Chargers team in 2000? Not as well as the people of this did. They of course would show up now that the team is doing well and then claim they were there all along. As a longtime fan of the Colts, another team that has suffered lean years and has had threats posted about moving to LA, I understand how loyalty should be rewarded. Now that Indy, like SD, has a good team we are being rewarded with a new stadium and a pledge by both the city and organization to keep the team in Indy. It is time for both the city here and the Chargers to follow suit and reward the loyal fans of SD.

How would LA have reacted to the 1-15 season? Um, the old "Dump in the Slum" Coliesum would have been even more empty and had "thugs" roaming around-opps, they do that now called "Oakland followers."
Not just the 1-15 but therer were some bad teams before and after that.
(The Rams were bad when they played in '60's but drew well,) but the same would not have happened in todays "gotta be where the action is and be seen" frontrunner fan.

ChargerSmokey
01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Its Agreed.

Thunderstruck21
01-08-2006, 03:39 AM
It'll be different if Chargers moved to L.A....Btw if San Diego doesnt take the Chargers, isnt Chula Vista interested in taking them ?

i heard chula vista is one of the places that want the chargers, chula vista wanted the padres when they wanted a new stadium

Mr. Heisman
01-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Chula Vista is good but they want to put it down by the coors amp. place and it get's pack down there one road to the freeway! TRAFFIC! Wish Oceanside was big enough we could fit them down here! I just hope where ever they land it stays local! The only thing is i wish there were so many more TRUE fans! Face it San Diego is full of Band Wagoners! That jumped off after the 97 season and didnt come back til the 02-03 season! pssh remember last year when we had to say on the radio/tv = "Buy tickets so the games won't be black out! geez if i had the money as do most of the die hard fans! I mean the ones that were born Chargers fans and never liked any other team! we would have bought all the ticket. Don't get me wrong i am proud how this city has come and jump on the Big SD Bus and is riding high but man watch us post another 2-14 record and then u'll see a lot of other team jerseys around the city! I mean come on How many times when i went to games around 98 did i see other teams jerseys that made it look like it was a home game for them and all season we never had a Home game! Man, All this stadium issue wouldn't be taking place if Everyone sat on the bus and went through the whole drive! Well everyone Hang on cuz we are makin history come this year!

SD why not us!?

Down With Mike Agiuree!

CBO
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
The problem is we have alot of people from all over the US here because of the big Military population(not a bad thing) that go for there home team. And we have alot of non Military that have moved here because... Why not. It is the middle of January and it 70deg and there are no clouds in the sky. Need a better reason? I just hope that the County and the Team will do every thing they can to keep them here.

Mr. Heisman
01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
We need to take over the Q again! make it stadium that nobody wants to play in because of the noise! And seeing a sea of blue and white all over!

socal18_2_88fan
01-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I heard one suggestion for trying to get some land from Camp Pendleton. I think this would be an excellent option. It would keep the team in SD County, and it would bring in the OC Market. It's only 70 miles from LA as well. There could be access off of the 5 as well. The train could also potentially stop at the stadium as it does in Anaheim.

Mr. Heisman
01-29-2006, 02:11 AM
I heard one suggestion for trying to get some land from Camp Pendleton. I think this would be an excellent option. It would keep the team in SD County, and it would bring in the OC Market. It's only 70 miles from LA as well. There could be access off of the 5 as well. The train could also potentially stop at the stadium as it does in Anaheim.

NOPE NOPE, not gunna happen. There is a reason why Camp Ped. has so much free land, it's their practice field and they have it section off further than their practice field because of safety reason so no one gets hurt by gunfire and tanks ect. . Plus they have check points for a reason, they would be in high alert if they had everyone coming every weekend. Won't happen no matter, "only in america" - G.W. lol

Not a bad idea, i heard that on the radio too, it won't happen no matter what. Plus it has to clear our dear old Mr. President first and that guy is too busy with filming and talking with Mr. Bin "errr" i mean kids over Afgan. :rolleyes:

sdjase
01-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Anybody interested in joining a grassroots movement to keep the Chargers in san Diego, please respond to this thread or send me a private message with your contact information.

If you'd like more information, visit our site

http://www.sdcitizens4stadium.com/

We're going to need a lot of help in the coming year, but we really need committed individuals.

Thanks!

dfields77
01-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Looks pretty good