You know you're from Montana when ...

http://www.blogthings.com/montana.html

Go Chargers! :Bolt:

IgorUnchained
04-17-2005, 03:35 PM
You know you're from Montana when ...

http://www.blogthings.com/montana.html

Go Chargers! :Bolt:

Besides the one sausage comment, not only are all of those things 100% true...they were also very funny!

I have actually lived here for so long that I do forget that not everyone in the USA calls a "glove compartment" a jockey box!

Great find chargertom...it really brought a smile to my face and I assure you that I needed one more than ever today!

Thanks bro!

EDIT- I just Emailed it to my mom who lives in San Diego, but lived about 7 years up here in MT....Im sure she will get a chuckle out of it too.

chargertom
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Glad I could help brother ... but they forgot one. You can tell when you're from Montana when you hope summer comes on a weekend this year. :D

The Utah ones are all dead on the money, too.

Go Chargers!

LTfan4life
04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Heres all of the "You know your from (insert city or state) when...."

http://www.blogthings.com/wherefrom.html

mgpretzel
04-17-2005, 05:14 PM
The one from SD are true!!! except 80 degree weather at the end of Febuary. it is only 70 degrees!!! comeon it won't get 80 till the end of april!! hehe

LTfan4life
04-17-2005, 07:51 PM
You'd driven from East County San Diego to a mall somewhere in North County because of one particular store you like.

I remember driving from El Cajon to Escondido to go to some huge mall up there :D

LTfan4life
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Denver has a HUGE one

You Know You're From Denver When...

You identify directions by the location of the mountains.

Your diet consists largely of Cliff Bars, granola, tofu and Fat Tire.

Youíve been tear gassed in a riot to celebrate a teamís victory.

When visiting friends at sea level, you can drink a case of beer and not get a buzz.

Snow in June is not unheard of. Neither is 100 degree weather.

You scoff at the weatherman on TV. Especially when giving a five-day forecast.
"Timberline" is somewhere youíve actually been. Many times.

You know what a "Chinook" is.

You know what the "Peoples Republic of Boulder" is - and why it's called that.

You know what a "fourteener" is.

You know what a "Rocky Mountain Oyster" is.

You think a red light means three more cars can go. The fast lane is for cruising and the slow lane is for passing. Turn signals are optional.

Shorts are worn year around, regardless of temperature.

"Wildlife" means more than squirrels and pigeons. You donít stop and look when you see deer.

Youíre not sure if Colorado extends west of the Rockies.

You know where Buffalo Bill's grave is.

You own a big dog named Aspen, Buck, Cheyenne or Dakota that wears a bandanna.

The entire top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You think that formal wear is ironed denim.

You've never actually been to Aspen, much less ski there.

"Damn Rockies" is an expression you use when you can't find a parking spot Downtown.

During a thunderstorm you wonder which I-25 underpass is flooding.

If it rains more than 2 days straight you compare the weather to being in Seattle.

If the humidity gets above 25%, you consider it muggy.

People driving on the 16th Street Mall are considered "tourists".

The biggest event of the year is the Western Stock Show.

The only RTD bus you've been on is the 16th Street shuttle.

The two major newspapers have the same owner, yet one insists on making its own rules regarding what to call the new stadium.

There is not enough money in the world to get you to move to the Springs.

When giving directions, you never say "Turn left, turn right", it's always go West, then South.

When the Broncos are losing you refer to them as the "Donkeys". Hell Yeah!!! :D :D :D

You think 5-Points is a ghetto.

You are the third car to run a red light after it has changed. Especially on Colfax, if anyone from Denver is reading this.

You consider LoDo a tourist trap with expensive condos.

You have a broken windshield.

You have absolutely no recognizable accent.

You have been skiing less than 3 times in your life.

You know that "The Narrows" refers to I-25 between University and Broadway

You know where the city ended when you were a kid, and would never move further out than that boundary.

You merge onto the highway at 15 miles an hour.

You never plan a picnic between 3:30 and 6:00 in Spring or Summer months.

You only go to Lodo when friends are in from out of town.

You say things like "I don't care how big Parker is, it's still a one-horse town".

You see no reason to travel to Aurora.

You think most of the people in Colorado Springs are religious freaks.

You think the rest of the freaks live in the "People's Republic of Boulder."

You voted for higher taxes to fund Coors field, but voted down taxes for public transportation.

Thornton, Northglenn and Westminster are "Another State".

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Denver.

IgorUnchained
04-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Glad I could help brother ... but they forgot one. You can tell when you're from Montana when you hope summer comes on a weekend this year. :D

The Utah ones are all dead on the money, too.

Go Chargers!

You are not surprised to hear words like "Darn, Fetch, Flip", "Oh, My Heck" and "Shoot".

You have to ask for the uncensored version of "Titanic."

Every driveway has a minivan and a pickup truck.

EDIT- LT, Colorado sounds alot like Montana! I actually have a flag in my room that represents "The Peoples Republic of Helena" and I know many flannel wearing- ponytail having-Fat Tire drinkers with dogs named Marley or Dakota. They are mostly in Western Montana though. I dont think the Eastern part of the state is like that as much.

Those are a few of my favorite Utah ones. Where I grew up in Montana, I was 7 miles away from a town "like that".....I drove 20 miles in the other direction so I could attend a different school......where an earring and a Guns N Roses shirt werent seen as Satanic!

Let me get this right......you own Pepsi but you cant drink Pepsi? lol

Another good laugh...man I should come to this forum more often- takes the edge off!

LTfan4life
04-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Igor, what part of MT do you live in? I used to live in Billings.

IgorUnchained
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I live in Helena right now. I have lived all over western Montana though. Missoula is the part that REALLY sounds like the Colorado jokes above. I grew up in a little town called "Hall".....I encourage you to check it out- if you can find it on a map! I was 7 miles away from a town called Drummond, and that was the "Utah" place I was referring to. It is all pretty close to I-90 if you were to check a map.

My girlfriend and her family are from Billings, but I havent been there in my life. I havent heard good things about Billings from many people....how did you like it?

LTfan4life
04-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Billings is alright; it's the only "big" city I've been to in Montana. Before that, I lived in Bridger and Laurel. Bridger is about 1/2 hour from Red Lodge Mountain. Laurel is about 15 miles from Billings.

IgorUnchained
04-17-2005, 10:52 PM
That is very cool LTfan....another small town Montana guy in the mix!

Ive never been to Laurel, but have met some people from there, I went to a week-long camp (highschool thing) in Bridger....for Eastern Montana, it was very scenic.

mgpretzel
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Well I wish I could say I was from Montana or been to Montana but I can't. Southern CA born and raised. ;) :D

IgorUnchained
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Well I wish I could say I was from Montana or been to Montana but I can't. Southern CA born and raised. ;) :D

I can say Ive been to SoCal...and that I was born and raised (in the summers at least!) there!

There is nothing like Western Montana that I have ever seen. I have been to Northern Cal (a little north of Sacramento) and I have seen places like Eugene OR, Coure De Alene ID, and alot of other great places that are very scenic....but for my money, Western Montana is the best.

It isnt a very good place to live if you like to breathe without your nosehairs freezing to the inside of your nose 6 months out of the year though!

If you get the chance you should visit sometime! As Chargertom said earlier, you might want to plan your trip around the "weekend" of summer! :D

LTfan4life
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Cool....I've lived in San Diego(La Mesa) for 11 years. I loved to Montana in May '01, and then I ended up in Denver in January '05.

Shamrock
04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
These are VERY true ......

You Know You're From Texas When...

You see more Texan flags than American flags.

You know someone who ate the 72 oz steak and got it for free.

You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry, and your Cowboy Boots.

You can write a check at Dairy Queen for 2 Hungr-Busters and fries.

You prefer Whataburger to McDonalds.

You dress up to go shopping at the mall.

You've hung ornaments and tinsel on a tumbleweed and used it as a Christmas tree.

You're disappointed when a food doesn't come in spicy flavor.

You know from experience that rattlesnake meat tastes like chicken.

You can tell a rock from an armadillo at 300 yards.

You know what a 'Cowboy Cadillac' is.

You have a dog, an uncle and a brother-in-law named Bud

Your local grocery store sells cactus in the Fresh Produce department

You watch the movie Urban Cowboy and laugh at the phony Texan accents

You choose a brand of Mexican salsa with the same care that another might use to select a bottle of fine wine

You think that the 4 basic food groups are nachos, bar-b-que, fajitas, and Copenhagen.

You know whether another Texan is from South, West, East, North, or Central Texas as soon as they open their mouth.

You don't consider people from Austin to be real Texans.

Your Pastor wears boots.

There is no such thing as a "secret" sin.

The Blue Book value on your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas it has in it.

A formal occasion is getting a glass with your longneck.

You have ordered Mexican food at a Chinese restaurant.

LTfan4life
05-01-2005, 08:47 AM
:D I pick salsa real carefully and I've ordered mexican food at a chinese restaraunt!