PDA

View Full Version : PSP....Better than an iPod????

LTfan4life
04-22-2005, 04:24 PM
I was talking to a friend today, who just bought one of the new psp hand held entertainment systems. It plays games, music, hold pictures, etc. Now, I have been wanting an iPod for a very long time. BUT, you can do so much more with a psp instead. I've heard that you can also go on the internet with it. The iPod I want is $450, compared to $250 for the psp. What should I do??

spysnipedis
04-23-2005, 01:34 PM
depends, PSP you won't be able to store a lot of music unless you get one of those 1 gig or more SD cards or some sort. And the iPod has 20 gigs or more. I don't own niether iPod or PSP.

timlinson21
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Im having the same problem! I wanted an IPOD sooooo Bad! but the my step bro bought a PSP...right now that i have the money for IPOD then PSP came out so im very torn. I have one question on PSP's do they have enough battery life to play at least to movies or 3 hours games?

Chiefs Fan
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I have the PSP and bought the 512mb pro duo memory card and have like 40 something mp3's and movies and I use the 32mb for the games the ipod is way better for the music part but PSP is the better in all other areas love my PSP get a DVD rip it on your comp then transfer to psp that easy and watch movies on PSP watch two movies at work and listen to mp3's and battery is still good need to recharge every night after all day use.

spysnipedis
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Im having the same problem! I wanted an IPOD sooooo Bad! but the my step bro bought a PSP...right now that i have the money for IPOD then PSP came out so im very torn. I have one question on PSP's do they have enough battery life to play at least to movies or 3 hours games?

Battery Life in the PSP isn't that great so, Maybe you can watch two movies and yes probably 3 hour games.

broncossuck7
04-25-2005, 05:37 PM
If you like music more get the i-pod, if u like gams get the Psp

joelbolt
04-25-2005, 07:00 PM
If you like music more get the i-pod, if u like gams get the Psp

It's really that simple. One thing I did noticed with my PSP is the screen shouts off when youíre listening to music so the battery life argument really doesnít seem to be a problem. I was on a 5 hour flight and didnít have a problem with the battery, and I played games for about an hour then played MP3 for the rest of the flight. But if youíre really into music your will want the iPod just for the reason that the PSP doesnít allow you to create play lists.

geekster
04-25-2005, 07:08 PM
It's really that simple. One thing I did noticed with my PSP is the screen shouts off when youíre listening to music so the battery life argument really doesnít seem to be a problem. I was on a 5 hour flight and didnít have a problem with the battery, and I played games for about an hour then played MP3 for the rest of the flight. But if youíre really into music your will want the iPod just for the reason that the PSP doesnít allow you to create play lists.

And there ya go - making me run all the way down to Frys from East County. Bad joelbolt, bad! ;)

Seriously, if you like it that well I simply can't resist - despite a close friend's best effort to get me to go the other way - I'm going to give the PSP a shot first!

botlkid8
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
you get about 8 hours of battery life(im assuming game time). I bought mine yesterday and am in love with it. Im gonna get the 1 gig for movies/music and keep the 32 for games.

Lyi
04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
damn u gon' pay 250 ta 450 for an electronic thing. ya people in cali must got lotta money ta spare. people in philly aint got that stuff yet...we prolly gon' wait till it gets down round 100 or so ta buy it lol

Mr. Heisman
02-06-2006, 08:52 PM
PSP is good but if you are looking for a music player go with the IPOD. I have both but I combine them, I play games on my psp and listen to my Ipod! my Ipod holds more and makes playlist!