PDA

View Full Version : WHo saw the Madden 2006 Ad

mgpretzel
04-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Did anyone see it? I just did. It looks awsome

SuperBowlBolts
04-23-2005, 10:18 AM
i want it now!!!! but why put SheEli and his team on there? None the unless NFC teams

SDFaiderHater
04-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Did anyone see it? I just did. It looks awsome

i believe its called MADDEN NEXT GEN...not 2006. nonetheless its not actual gameplay footage. if it is, it would be the best looking game of all time, and i know the crappy ps2 cant handle somethin that graphics intensive, xbox barely can.

mef31
04-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Its not for PS2 or xbox. Its going to be for the next generation systems like PS3 and Xbox 360. I don't know if it will look like it but these new systems are supposed to be ridiculously powerful.

joseph04
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
looks good, for sure buying it when it comes out =)

kanYeWes
04-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Awesome. I'm stoked.

CHARGERNATION
04-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Where was this MAdden info seen? Is there a comerical already out for it?

SuperBowlBolts
04-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Where was this MAdden info seen? Is there a comerical already out for it?
Yah the comerical was on like after 5-10 mins

JerryinCA
04-23-2005, 11:32 AM
It was an "artists version" of what the game will look like. The actual development team that's making the game for EA says that it actually looks better than that and they didn't want this commercial to air because it would lower expectations. This again is not a game for ps2 or xbox, it's going to come out this fall with the next xbox called xbox 360 and then the next year if the ps3 is out I'm sure it'll be on both systems.

joseph04
04-23-2005, 12:05 PM
when does it come out, did it say?

LTfan4life
04-23-2005, 12:17 PM
It didn't say. It showed AWESOME things though. It was on at around 10:10 MST

SkiLLET
04-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Here is a link to the video http://www.easports.com/games/madden06/nextgen.jsp?setID=Madden%20Next%20Gen%20Commercial&resID=hi

LTfan4life
04-23-2005, 12:25 PM
The injury analysis screen looks cool. :)

JerryinCA
04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
when does it come out, did it say?

Well if it does indeed come out with the Xbox 360 it'll probably be in either october or november since that's when consoles usually launch. One thing that I want to repeat is that the team at EA making the game says the actual game looks better than this artists rendition that was put into the commercial. I do hope that the animations are re done because making real looking player models won't mean a thing if they move in an akward and unnatural looking way.

spysnipedis
04-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Looks Great! I'm getting X-Box 360.

SuperBowlBolts
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks Great! I'm getting X-Box 360.
Im gonna wait for the PS3 and get on there, any how when it comes up how bout we have a lil tourney?

Lyi
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
it looks nice..but why does madden make everyone look like 20-30 lbs heavier then waht they are. do u c todd pinkston he looks like owens...lol

LTfan4life
04-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Im gonna wait for the PS3 and get on there, any how when it comes up how bout we have a lil tourney?

X Box 360 comes out winter 2005
PS3 comes out winter-spring 2006-2007

guimcharger
04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
I hope that they have Madden 06 for PS2 this year because I don't want to buy another gaming system this year if I don't have to.

LTfan4life
04-25-2005, 10:25 PM
I hope that they have Madden 06 for PS2 this year because I don't want to buy another gaming system this year if I don't have to.

They most likely will...especially considering that the new X Box will be the only new system out there, and there are many Sony loyalists.

SDFaiderHater
04-26-2005, 09:20 AM

u realize that now since the x-box is comin out at the same time, Bill Gates is going to crush sony right??

SDFaiderHater
04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
They most likely will...especially considering that the new X Box will be the only new system out there, and there are many Sony loyalists.

yea when the ps2 firstr came out, the madden that was around that also came out for ps1. although it was a much different game.

MMJ4mil
04-27-2005, 03:11 PM
personally there is nothing new about this new game worth warranting. i would rather just download new rosters for madden 2k4. that was the best madden ever made.

JerryinCA
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Madden 2006 will be released for the ps2 and xbox it's already been announced. This commercial was just to show what may be done with the next generation version. We should all see something on the game in a few weeks when the Electronics Entertainment Expo takes place in LA. The console will be on display there and also on May 12 on MTV their will be a 30 minute show hosted by Elija Wood debuting the console and showing some of the games.

LTfan4life
04-27-2005, 07:12 PM
The commercial was the artist's version. The next gen game is said to be much better graphically, and I'm talking about 3x better. My fav part of the commercial was when Michael Strahan looked peeed off, and he rushed Mcnabb, and dove over him and missed.

spysnipedis
04-27-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6122221-2.html

McNabb's field vision is much wider than the Jake Plummers and Kelly Holcombs of the league.

vietdunker
04-28-2005, 04:56 AM
I have a mod xbox. I'm a hardcore RPG fan but there aren't any good RPG Xbox game out there.

I'm going to wait for the PS3. Although the xbox 360 might be more powerful, PS3 will have more games.

The game looks great can't wait to play it.

JerryinCA
04-28-2005, 03:03 PM
I have a mod xbox. I'm a hardcore RPG fan but there aren't any good RPG Xbox game out there.

I'm going to wait for the PS3. Although the xbox 360 might be more powerful, PS3 will have more games.

The game looks great can't wait to play it.

The next xbox will have more RPG's. I'm not one for turn based RPG's but Miscrosoft has already announced relationships with several high profile japanese RPG makers for exclusive content for the xbox 360. I believe the guy responsible for the first few final fantasy games is one of them with his company mistwalker. He's no longer with square and these are his first real projects with his new company. I personally like action RPG's (fable, jade empire) with real time fighting as opposed to turn based but I think MS is doing a lot to get more content like that on their new system, they'll need to if they want to make a dent in japan this time around.

As far as power the PS3 will probably be a bit stronger since it's coming out a year later but with the kinds of graphics these new consoles will do a little bit more power isn't going to mean much like it did this generation.

JerryinCA
05-07-2005, 03:13 PM
the Xbox 360 is coming out this novermber. I have a pic of the system, the live headset and the controller as well as the camera that's going to be made available for it. If someone can tell me how to post it in my message I will.

spysnipedis
05-07-2005, 10:57 PM
the Xbox 360 is coming out this novermber. I have a pic of the system, the live headset and the controller as well as the camera that's going to be made available for it. If someone can tell me how to post it in my message I will.

URL.jpg

(just adding words... because of the 10 character limit.)

spysnipedis
05-07-2005, 11:09 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1141/1114223718.jpg[/img]

Xbox 360 Console

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1141/1114229643.jpg

Could be a 40 GB hard-drive in the system.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1488407751772606.JPG

The System, Controller, headset, Camera...

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1387385638449262.JPG

Up close controller picture

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8390731317563729.JPG

Remote Control

JerryinCA
05-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Glad you could put it up, I think it looks great. Looking forward to seeing the MTV special that those pics came from this thursday night.

TD4LT
05-09-2005, 12:32 AM
man this sucks if the system is going to come out this year i dont want to buy a new system
ps2 is fine. guess im going to have to wait till the price drops to a reasonable price-(200.00)
by the way what do you guys think the price of this thing will be-500.00? or more(least likely it is less)

hegor
05-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Pricing will depend on how its configured. Its rumored that the hard drive will be an option this time. so...........

Bare Bones Xbox 360 (no hard drive, ya gotta buy it seperatley or buy memory cards)...........$249.99

Fully loaded Xbox 360 with 40 GB hard drive and rumored to be able to play Xbox 1 games.............$349.99

Isn't anyone interested in the Nintendo Revolution? It could possible trump Xbox 360 and PS3.

JerryinCA
05-09-2005, 01:50 AM
man this sucks if the system is going to come out this year i dont want to buy a new system
ps2 is fine. guess im going to have to wait till the price drops to a reasonable price-(200.00)
by the way what do you guys think the price of this thing will be-500.00? or more(least likely it is less)

It won't be 500.00! their is no way Microsoft would rush to release a console early to get a jump on the competition and then price it's self right out of the market. They will take a loss on this console like all console makers do for a while, they make their money only on the software traditionally for about the first 3 or 4 years. I am guessing it will be 299.00 but the hard drive will be sold seperately and I am guessing that'll be about 60.00, supposedly and this is just the rumor if you buy the hard drive then the xbox 360 will also allow you to play xbox 1 games. The reason they can't just throw in backwards compatability is because Nvidia did the graphics technology for the first xbox and ATI is doing it for the xbox 360, if MS included it right out of the box they would have to pay Nvidia a ton of money in licensing. For all we know though it may not play xbox 1 games at all, either way that wouldn't bother me because I still have an xbox 1 to play them on.

I am glad the xbox 360 is coming out this fall, we all already know the PS3 is coming out next year so it would be stupid for Microsoft to wait and let Sony have a head start again. I don't know if you've seen some of the pics or trailers for the handfull of games that have been "announced" but check teamxbox.com or ign.com for the trailers for games call "allen wake" and "dark sector" very very nice looking games.

As far as interest in the nintendo system I doubt it'll be a major player next generation. The gamecube has pretty much been a failure this generation, and as has been reported they have lost about 50% market share from the previous generation to the next ever since the Super NES. Microsoft currently outsells the Gamecube by about 8-1 here in North America as well as spanking it in Europe even though the xbox has been more expensive than the gamecube since both systems were launched. Japan is the only place nintendo has been able to beat the new comer (microsoft) and that is because the xbox has basically been dead there. To be honest though the gamecube has also sold poorly in Japan and nintendo has constantly had to lower it's sales expectations since the console released.

One other thing to consider is Nintendo hasn't even been telling developers yet what the console can do, if they haven't got 3rd parties working on games for them yet they are probably going to be last out of the gate again and that seems to kill them with every new console. Nintendo keeps saying their console is going to be revolutionary, they think that there is a crisis in the videogame industry, they are correct to a point but the crisis only involves Nintendo. They are the only company who's software and hardware sales are continaully falling and while the PS2 hardware sales have dropped due to it being near the end of the consoles life span their software continues to sell amazingly well and microsoft continues to see their hardware and software sales rise.

I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of gamecube games have been cancelled over the past 2 years because 3rd parties weren't making any money putting games out for the console so if their 3rd party support which was poor already has stared falling even more I doubt they are going to be able to get a lot of 3rd party support for their next console right out of the gate. I think most 3rd party companies (EA, THQ, Activision etc...) are going to take a wait and see attitude with the revolution. Nintendo needs to learn you can't live on the same old franchises for 20 years without people starting to get a bit tired of them.

spysnipedis
05-09-2005, 07:54 AM
this is how I see things

xbox360>nintendo>sony

joseph04
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
anyone know who is on the cover of madden06?

JerryinCA
05-09-2005, 03:17 PM
anyone know who is on the cover of madden06?

It's Mcnabb, was made official today..

Thunderstruck
05-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of gamecube games have been cancelled over the past 2 years because 3rd parties weren't making any money putting games out for the console so if their 3rd party support which was poor already has stared falling even more I doubt they are going to be able to get a lot of 3rd party support for their next console right out of the gate. I think most 3rd party companies (EA, THQ, Activision etc...) are going to take a wait and see attitude with the revolution. Nintendo needs to learn you can't live on the same old franchises for 20 years without people starting to get a bit tired of them.

Here's the problem with Nintendo, IMO. Nintendo is a kids' console, always has been a kids' console, and rose to industry dominance in the late-eighties-early nineties by producing kids' games.

Problem is; for the mostpart, even kids don't want to play kids games any more. All of my nieces and nephews prefer PS/2 and X-Box. And every adult I know prefers one or the other (or PC games.)

Somewhere along the line, Nintendo forgot that the kids who grew up playing Nintendo would become adults who play video game--adult video games. Nintendo hasn't grown up with their original consumers and they're paying for it now. They still feature too many Japanese-style cartoon-character games rather than games that feature...well...lots of bloodshed, violence, and "M" rated content.

JerryinCA
05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Here's the problem with Nintendo, IMO. Nintendo is a kids' console, always has been a kids' console, and rose to industry dominance in the late-eighties-early nineties by producing kids' games.

Problem is; for the mostpart, even kids don't want to play kids games any more. All of my nieces and nephews prefer PS/2 and X-Box. And every adult I know prefers one or the other (or PC games.)

Somewhere along the line, Nintendo forgot that the kids who grew up playing Nintendo would become adults who play video game--adult video games. Nintendo hasn't grown up with their original consumers and they're paying for it now. They still feature too many Japanese-style cartoon-character games rather than games that feature...well...lots of bloodshed, violence, and "M" rated content.

You are right, Nintendo has decided to keep trying to mimmick something that worked for them 15 years ago instead of moving along with the times like everyone else. Nintendo is a very very hard headed company and is very slow to learn from or even admit their mistakes, they would rather lose out and pretend that they are doing it on purpose by taking the "high road" instead of giving consumers what they really want.

From what I've been hearing about their new console the big "innovation" will be pressure sensitive controls where you squeeze the handles and control the movement on screen by tilting the controller. I think that is one of the most rediculous ideas I've ever heard to be quite honest, can anyone say HAND CRAMPS!! lol people are going to be suing them for carpel tunnel lol.

One of nintendos biggest mistakes is that they overly cater to the japanese market who likes quirky odd games and not the more mainstream things like we do here in North America and over in the UK. The problem is Japan is the one market that's actually shrinking, videogame sales are slowing in japan as cell phone and hand held gaming is slowly taking over. North America is the largest market and most people here don't care about playing a game as a plumber anymore and Europe has similar gaming tastes and is a very rapidly growing videogame market. They have let too much time go by before they have learned their lessons and now I think it's going to be too late for them to catch up.

Thunderstruck
05-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Exactly. The typical adult used to spend 20-30 hours per week watching TV, but adults in the 20-35 range aren't as TV-focused as the earlier generations, at least it doesn't seem that way. I would much rather spend "TV-time" playing Call of Duty multiplayer on my PC or ESPN 2K5 on my X-Box. But I know one thing...if the only video games out there featured jumping plumbers and angry gorillas, I'd probably never buy a video game.

TD4LT
05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
call of duty is the only pc game i have...seriously
agree the sports games and more intense games-GTA
are the reason for 90% of the falure of nintendo and sucess of ps1&2 and xbox

JerryinCA
05-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Have you guys been watching the videos of the games coming for the xbox 360? some of this stuff looks amazing, especially since it's being made on hardware that's only about 30% power of what the final hardware will be. Also the system it's self will let you change the face plate kind of like how you can change cases on a cell phone. I hope they (microsoft) makes a deal with the NFL so a face plate for each team can be made, then we can have a chargers face plate on our game console if we want.

LTfan4life
05-14-2005, 10:08 AM
I watched a special on MTV, and they showed a deathmatch of some game (Final Dark 2 or something), and it looked AMAZING. It was on I believe Wednesday at around 6 pm MST. It might re-run. Check out http://mtv.com to see if you can see it again.

JerryinCA
05-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I did see that, they have all the clips that were on MTV on xbox360.ign.com as well, it was perfect dark 0 I think you are talking about. If you want to see amazing, check out Gears of war, that one is insane. Another thing to think about is these games are all running on development systems that only have 2 processors running at 2.5 ghz, and an off the shelf graphics card, the final hardware will have 3, 3.2 ghz processors and a very powerful GPU from ATI. Their will be a lot more footage of xbox 360 games this week too, E3 takes place this week and Microsoft has their press conference Monday afternoon/evening and their should be video of that and the exhibition starts on wednesday and all the games will be on the show floor.

LTfan4life
05-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Will there be video of E3 and the X Box 360?

JerryinCA
05-14-2005, 03:50 PM
There should be, Microsofts press conference should be up on the website like xbox360.ign.com or teamxbox.com or even gamespot.com within a few hours of the press conference ending, sometimes I think they show it live on xbox.com. As far as videos during the week their always is a ton of them although sometimes they are taken from a video camera pointed at a tv screen lol. Their should be a ton of videos starting on Wednesday and going throughout the week.

TD4LT
05-14-2005, 08:51 PM
it looks sweet great graphics and great gameplay but the price will be high around 350+ they wont give you a deal...remeber its microsoft the same company who adds on thing to windows and charges 200 $ for it

LTfan4life
05-14-2005, 09:10 PM
it looks sweet great graphics and great gameplay but the price will be high around 350+ they wont give you a deal...remeber its microsoft the same company who adds on thing to windows and charges 200 $ for it

They charger $30 to ask a question and get an answer!! And Microsoft Word is $250!!! They are experts at legally stealing money. I expect the 360 to be around $700 like when the ps2 first came out.

JerryinCA
05-15-2005, 02:15 AM
They charger $30 to ask a question and get an answer!! And Microsoft Word is $250!!! They are experts at legally stealing money. I expect the 360 to be around $700 like when the ps2 first came out.

Sorry guy but MS isn't stupid, they would not do all this work to launch early and then price themselves out of the market. The ps2 was 299.00 when it came out and so was the first xbox. The thing that happens now is retailers make you buy them in bundles when they (new consoles) first launch so you have to buy things like other controllers and 2 or 3 more games, I would do that anyway so that doesn't bother me. The thing about the videogame industry is the company making the console always loses money on the console at first, they only make money on the games, the hardware it's self doesn't usually become profitable until it's 4th year. For the current xbox microsoft still loses around 125.00 a console because when they made it they used chips from intel and nvidia that were owned by those companies. This time they own the rights to the chip designes they developed along with IBM and ATI so they'll be able to lower the costs down the road instead of paying the same price for 4 years like the do currently.

I think the console will either be 299.00-399.00 but no higher, the head of their xbox division said they know how much they need to price it at for it to sell, he also made a comment about not making the same mistake in pricing they did in europe which was very high so they are aware of the fact that their is a limit on what people will be willing to pay for this. The game prices will most likely go up 5-10 dollars though due to higher production costs.

Chiefs Fan
05-16-2005, 01:01 PM
You been putting up some good post Jerry. Hope they do have team face plates. I would love to get a Chiefs face plate. I'll prob end up buying both systems ps3 and xbox360. I already got (2) xboxs a ps2, psp and a gamecube.

JerryinCA
05-16-2005, 02:04 PM
You been putting up some good post Jerry. Hope they do have team face plates. I would love to get a Chiefs face plate. I'll prob end up buying both systems ps3 and xbox360. I already got (2) xboxs a ps2, psp and a gamecube.

Thanks Chiefs fan. I too will probably end up getting both the 360 and the ps3 but I'll be honest, if Sony doesn't come up with more exclusive games that I like I may end up passing on the ps3 for a couple of years. Xbox has all of the games that the ps2 has that I like so my ps2 doesn't get much use. The Microsoft press conference is tonight I believe at 7:30 pm pacific time and will be broadcast live on xbox.com so we'll get to see more of their game lin up tonight. Sony's press conference is at 3:00 pm pacific time and I'm sure they'll mostly be showing rendered videos of what the ps3 has coming as well as showing the system. I think if I were sony I would wait though, the xbox 360 is coming out earlier and quite honestly is already getting a lot of press, hell it was on the cover of time magazine. The PS3 will not be ready to hit the japanese market until at least a year from now and probably won't be ready for the USA until the fall of 06 so they may be jumping the gun a bit too early.

Chiefs Fan
05-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Yea.. my self am a big gamer fan and like Sony and MS. I have to say MS is pulling away in the console world as far as online gaming goes. They really hit it when LIVE was released. And the new online for xbox is suppose to be insane. I found now I really don't even buy a game unless it goes LIVE.

JerryinCA
05-16-2005, 02:43 PM
One cool thing with the live coming up for xbox 360 games is they all have to at least be "live aware" and they will all use a uniformed menu system instead of each game having a different one. Did you see how their is a button on the controller to bring up your dashboard/live features? you can even turn the system off with controller if you want. Also the xbox live service is going to change a bit their will be xbox live silver and xbox live gold. The silver will give you all of the optoins of gold except the online gameplay so even if you don't want to play games online you can still used the video chat, voice chat, picture sharing and all of the rest that's going to be happening with live.

TD4LT
05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
thats why i like ps more b/c you dont have to pay for the internet gaming only 40$ for the adapter

Chiefs Fan
05-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey jerry are you gonna watch the Xbox press (conference)<--sorry not the best at spelling. here is the link. http://www.xbox.com/media/games/e32005/vid-e32005livewebcast-001-Hi.asx

JerryinCA
05-17-2005, 01:11 AM
thats why i like ps more b/c you dont have to pay for the internet gaming only 40$ for the adapter

lol xbox live was 50.00 for the first year lol and you got free downloadable content for other games.

Chiefs fan- I did watch both companies press conferences and I have to say I'm really disappointed in sony showing fake footage and saying it was in game stuff. Their is no way they have development kits that can do those graphics yet, their hardware isn't even completed for crying out loud lol it's totally impossible no matter what they say that the movies sony showed were in game graphics, they did the same thing when the ps2 was coming out too.

As far as the xbox 360 press conference I watched it and a lot of the games look amazing, that zombie game that's like dawn of the dead where their are hundreds of zombies on screen at one looks cool. All of the racing games look great, Kameo, DOA 4, PGR3 and all the rest looked great too. I can't wait to see how madden really looks, EA keeps showing that fake video to everyone lol. What'd you think of it?

Tomlinson21
05-17-2005, 11:17 AM

Agreed...I don't know why everybody is so enamored with the xbox...I have an xbox, too - but all I really bought the game for was for the Splinter Cell series. Now it's collecting a pile of dust.

Madden Players...and I'm talking true Madden Players will stick with Sony til the end. It's unfortunate that Madden sold out and signed a contract with the X Box...

Again, I have an x box and I know the power of the x box as well but I and many others will stick with Sony for the long haul.

Chiefs Fan
05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I thought alot of the xbox games looked great. I hate to see the trailers for games. I like to see the game play. I have'nt had a chance to see PS conference as of yet. The online game play for xbox 360 is unreal, Racing for money and having 250,000 ppl watching you WOW!!! And backwards compatable. I'll have a 360 this holiday season.

JerryinCA
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Agreed...I don't know why everybody is so enamored with the xbox...I have an xbox, too - but all I really bought the game for was for the Splinter Cell series. Now it's collecting a pile of dust.

Madden Players...and I'm talking true Madden Players will stick with Sony til the end. It's unfortunate that Madden sold out and signed a contract with the X Box...

Again, I have an x box and I know the power of the x box as well but I and many others will stick with Sony for the long haul.

Madden didn't start out on the playstation so what are you talking about? True madden fans? lol madden was around on the genesis and super nintendo before it ever was on playstation. The xbox versions of madden were superior in every way to the PS versions so if you want to stay stuck with in inferior product that's cool but it doesn't make much sense.

Tomlinson21
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Jerry..I've played Madden since the genesis days...so don't go there with the History.

Tiburon and Madden puts it's name officially as the #1 selling franchise on the PS1...and since that time - the console has catapulted this franchise to unchartered territories as the Best football game in the business...bar none. Not Sega Genesis...not even the Nintendo's of the world.

MS had to shell out and arm and a leg to have EA sign with their Live titles...so go figure...

I've been in a Madden League consisting of 8 true players (all from Jersey) all older than the age of 31...we've played all the systems...we know what's out there. We know what the better product is and we know how to play the game of Madden...

To each his own and I respect your opinions as you should mine. But it doesn't take a 50 ton system to tell us that their graphics are superior...we all have x boxes and we know what it can do...I have friends all over Halo but that doesn't mean because you say it's the best game system around that PS2 is the inferior product.

Yeah..call me a fanboy...I'm a fanboy alright and very rightfully so...and yes you know I will stick with the "Inferior" product you just mentioned...til PS 3 comes out and blows xbox 360 off the shelves in 2006...

JerryinCA
05-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Jerry..I've played Madden since the genesis days...so don't go there with the History.

Tiburon and Madden puts it's name officially as the #1 selling franchise on the PS1...and since that time - the console has catapulted this franchise to unchartered territories as the Best football game in the business...bar none. Not Sega Genesis...not even the Nintendo's of the world.

MS had to shell out and arm and a leg to have EA sign with their Live titles...so go figure...

I've been in a Madden League consisting of 8 true players (all from Jersey) all older than the age of 31...we've played all the systems...we know what's out there. We know what the better product is and we know how to play the game of Madden...

To each his own and I respect your opinions as you should mine. But it doesn't take a 50 ton system to tell us that their graphics are superior...we all have x boxes and we know what it can do...I have friends all over Halo but that doesn't mean because you say it's the best game system around that PS2 is the inferior product.

Yeah..call me a fanboy...I'm a fanboy alright and very rightfully so...and yes you know I will stick with the "Inferior" product you just mentioned...til PS 3 comes out and blows xbox 360 off the shelves in 2006...

No it's cool if you like ps2 better I have both systems as well but let's be honest here, you are saying if someone doesn't play madden using the ps2 and sony's online then they aren't a true madden fan and that's being a fanboy. MS didn't pay EA to go online with them either, they just had to agree to let EA use it's own servers because all of the rest of the xbox live service is set up on MS's own servers. EA had already spent a ton of money setting up an online network and didn't want it to go unused. The point that was made earlier about only paying 40.00 for a network adapter was a bit silly considering MS included an ethernet port in the xbox and only charged 50.00 for a years worth or service and a ton of downloadable content for games. The price has gone up a little bit but when you buy the full xbox live pack you also get a live enabled game and a head set to go with the year subscription.

As far as the xbox 360 and the ps3 we are going to have to wait and see, nothing Sony showed yesterday was actual in game footage except the unreal 2007 video which by the way looked about the same as the xbox 360 game gears of war. Kill zone and all the rest are pre rendered and not true gameplay videos, one of the guys from Epic who does the unreal stuff has already confirmed this, he said the only things that were real time other then the tech demos were the Unreal 2007 and fight night round 3. The ps3 on paper is stronger than xbox 360 but lets see how many developers actually take the time and money to use that power, most of them didn't this generation when porting games from the ps2 to the xbox when it would have been much cheaper to do so. Either way they are both going to be very good systems and also both much more powerful than what nintendo is putting out (not that anyone brought that up I just thought I'd throw that in there lol) I will tell you one thing, Sony needs to totally redo that controller they showed yesterday, I think batman is going to need his batorang back lol. I haven't seen so many people on message boards complaing about a controller ever but this one just looks extremely awkward, their used to be PC pads similar to that but nobody liked them so I'm surprosed sony went with that style.

Don't misunderstand my response to what you said earlier, but the fact is you did say that if you didn't play madden on the ps2 online then you aren't a true madden fan and that is just wrong.

Chiefs Fan
05-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I just heard that Xbox 360 is coming out Augest 28

JerryinCA
05-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I just heard that Xbox 360 is coming out Augest 28

Really? where'd you hear that, they were saying it would be in the fall.

Chiefs Fan
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I was reading about how Pepsi is teaming up w/ MS to give out Xbox 360's
And the spokesperson for Pepsi said there excited to team up w/ MS to give away Xbox's before the public gets there hands on them Augest 28. I was like WOW!!. Its supposed to be the under the cap game and they have numbers under the cap and you go to this web site and they draw a number every hour every day 7 days a week for 9 weeks.

geekster
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I was reading about how Pepsi is teaming up w/ MS to give out Xbox 360's
And the spokesperson for Pepsi said there excited to team up w/ MS to give away Xbox's before the public gets there hands on them Augest 28. I was like WOW!!. Its supposed to be the under the cap game and they have numbers under the cap and you go to this web site and they draw a number every hour every day 7 days a week for 9 weeks.

Got a link or other reference?

JerryinCA
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Their is a report from IGN about how the next gen madden has 10 times the detail in the characters and 50 times the detail in the stadiums, no pics though :( The only pics and videos are from those "artists vision" from the draft commercial. They said that the animations really capture the NFL and that they scanned the heads of 150 top NFL players. They use Shaun Alexander as a reference and say that you can see the scar on his chin and scratches on his neck. I can't wait to see how this baby really looks and to play it this fall lol. For basketball fans they also have a report on NBA live for xbox 360 saying it looks amazing.

Chiefs Fan
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Sorry guys I was miss informed the sweepstakes start giving out xbox 360's on Augest 28th here is the link
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/2005/0517-MtDewXbox360Giveaway.htm

JerryinCA
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
That's no big deal Chiefs fan, I figured their was probably an error somewhere. I've been following the xbox 360 as closely as you can for a while (rumors and all) so I knew their was no way it would be out that fast. Have you been checking out the stuff? the games they are showing are only running on hardware that's about 1/3 the power of what the final console will be. This is usually the case with new consoles but the press never seems to tell us that.

TD4LT
05-18-2005, 11:43 PM
360 will have great graphics ...everyone knows that but why buy 360 when PS3 will have equal if.not better graphics
o ya and about the wireless internet 40$ is.a 1 time charge unlike xbox where its.50$ a year

JerryinCA
05-19-2005, 12:51 AM
I know what you mean about the online service, but MS actually set up a true online service so the publishers wouldn't have to, they need to make their money back somehow. Sony lets each publisher do their own but a lot of them can't afford to do that, that is one reason why their are more games on xbox that support online than on PS2.

As far as waiting on the PS3, I don't think the difference in graphics is going to be much with the next generation and I just like MS's 1st party games better than sony's. I'll end up owning both at some point but I'll probably wait for the ps3 to go down in price, their is a report from japan saying it'll cost the equivelant of $465.00 over there and I'm sure if that's true it'll be comparable here as well. The xbox 360 also comes with a 20 gig hard drive packed in that the ps3 won't.

Instead of a hard drive sony is putting in way too many component outputs that will jack up the price, that double HDMI output sounds cool but nobody is going to hook up 2 HDTV's next to each other to see their game have a big line down the middle to have a "panoramic view" of the game, that's what widescreen is for already lol. Sony also needs to change that controller, that boomerang looks very awkward and is already getting a ton of flack on the internet, I'm betting it will change before it's released.

One thing is for sure though, both of these companies are putting out consoles far more powerful than what nintendo is putting out, it almost seems like nintendo is giving up and just saying "ok we'll be #3, we're fine with it" lol. It's only 2-3 times stronger than their gamecube is and the revolution looks like modem.

TD4LT
05-19-2005, 11:19 PM
i heard a report that both consols will be around 600.00 b/c they are basically a computer that plays games

JerryinCA
05-20-2005, 12:08 AM
i heard a report that both consols will be around 600.00 b/c they are basically a computer that plays games

Nobody really knows the pricing but I doubt either company will go any higher than 400.00. That report on sony charging 465.00 in japan for the ps3 is still speculation, but of the two consoles I think that one has the potential to be the highest priced. Sony is including a lot of things that will make it more costly for them to produce the console then the 360 will cost microsoft. I think either company would be crazy though to go over 400.00. Neither company has confirmed prices as of yet though so anything at this point is really speculation.

Did you see those real pics of Madden next gen? Someone took some from the Madden 360 demonstration they are showing at E3, shawn alexander looks almost real and this is from a development kit that's only 1/3 the power of the final console. It looks even better than those videos they keep showing like the one from the draft. I can't wait for these new machines to get here lol. If you haven't seen them and are a member on ign you can find the 3 pics that are out so far in their xbox360 messare boards. Just looke for a post that says madden 360 pics or something like that. I have all 3 but I don't know how to add them to my post.