PDA

View Full Version : Steelers at Chargers... Stadium Questions

SteelPastor
05-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I am a Steelers fan and live in the High Desert of CA. The Steelers will be coming into San Diego on Monday, October 10th! I do not get many opportunities to see my team play live so I am willing to drop some doe. What is the best way to get good tickets? I am guessing a ticket broker... who? Or Ebay? What can I expect to pay? I will probably be attending with a friend that is a Charger fan.

The BIG question is...WHERE in the stadium should I be looking for seats? If you were going to see ONE game at Qualcomm, where would YOU want to sit? Does FIELD level have vision obstructed? Is PLAZA the way to go? I am assuming CLUB level are not available... is this true?

Any help appreciated.

Tycebrew
05-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Good luck finding a ticket to that game. It will sell out rather quickly and a scalper may be the only way to get one if you dont jump fast.

onthegreenrb
05-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Don't come, you'll leave unhappy. :D

Meek858
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Don't come, you'll leave unhappy. :D
dont bash the man...he just wants to see his team play....showed no disrespect to us. This isnt oakland man come on....

geekster
05-01-2005, 06:57 PM
dont bash the man...he just wants to see his team play....showed no disrespect to us. This isnt oakland man come on....

Thank you Meek858 - I just found this thread and you said it for me. ;)

SteelPastor
05-01-2005, 09:08 PM
No problem guys... all in good fun. You have to expect a cetain amount of grief when you come into someone else's site. I am hoping NOT to leave disappointed, but I will be excited just to attend. I truly believe that this game will be one of the best games on the season calendar.

Any thoughts on location in the stadium?

geekster
05-01-2005, 09:16 PM
No problem guys... all in good fun. You have to expect a cetain amount of grief when you come into someone else's site. I am hoping NOT to leave disappointed, but I will be excited just to attend. I truly believe that this game will be one of the best games on the season calendar.

Any thoughts on location in the stadium?
Hi SteelPastor,

Don't know if you have noticed the "Tickets" button/link above on this page but there is a lot of good info in there - including:
Single-game tickets to all 10 San Diego Chargers home games will be available July 2005. Fans can purchase tickets at the Chargersí ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium; by visiting a TicketMaster outlet or calling TicketMaster at (619) 220-TIXS (8497), or TicketMaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/806013).

I don't know if there are any "obstructed seats" in the Q (If there are I certainly haven't sat in one. ;) )... Possibly one of our other users will have some thoughts/recommendations. As to the availability of seats in each category recommend calling TicketMaster at one of the above numbers and seeing what they have available.

It is going to be a GREAT football game and one I am dearly anticipating. I think these two teams match up wonderfully well against each other and it is going to be one of the most PHYSICAL games of 2005 anywhere!

-=dave=-

ol tom
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
In my opinion the best seating is Plaza or above row twelve in the Field level seating. I don't think you can buy these tickets on line. But they are available from brokers. I do know you can print a copy of the stadium seating from the chargers web site. The low number sections are the sunny side (doesn't matter for a night game). Don't go to Ebay. If you need it I will get you a brokers number. (ol tom) I travel to the stadium by the trolley. You may want to do the same. If you are going to stay over night I would get a hotel downtown by the GasLamp area and take the trolley both ways.(half-hour each way). You will find other Pitt. fans down there for sure. Nice area, nice hotels, very good food. Lot's of people.

jweb101
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
The only obstucted seats are the first 8 or so rows in field. You can still see the game, but you have to stand to see most of the game. They are half price, so rows 6-8 are a pretty good value if you can get them close to face.

SteelPastor
05-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Are CLUB level seats available to the public? Are they good seats? Are they generally available through brokers/agents?

ol tom,

Any help on a trustworthy agent would be appreciated. PM and leave a reply?

chargers4real
05-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Why do you say "don't go to ebay". Are they more expensive? or is it an ethical thing?

9T3SVT
05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Why do you say "don't go to ebay". Are they more expensive? or is it an ethical thing?
I disagree, if you look at ticket broker prices Ebay still comes in cheaper most times. I have checked Atlas, Sport tickets and many others, the story is the same. Not to many people are thinking this far ahead for football season, so the hardcore fans and the brokers are buying everything up. Get tickets now!By time the season starts people who didn't know any better are going to drive the prices even higher once they realize that all the games are sold out. You think Ebay prices are high now? Wait till people have tickets in their hands.

xelance
05-06-2005, 02:56 PM
its nice to see a fellow steelers fan. I will HOPEFULLY be there as well with my joey porter jersey on..shall be a great game.

SDynasty
05-06-2005, 10:46 PM
that game should be awesome, burg had a better year last only by 2 games.

Man I cant wait for the season:Beer:

mysteriousbolt
05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
I am a Steelers fan and live in the High Desert of CA. The Steelers will be coming into San Diego on Monday, October 10th! I do not get many opportunities to see my team play live so I am willing to drop some doe. What is the best way to get good tickets? I am guessing a ticket broker... who? Or Ebay? What can I expect to pay? I will probably be attending with a friend that is a Charger fan.

The BIG question is...WHERE in the stadium should I be looking for seats? If you were going to see ONE game at Qualcomm, where would YOU want to sit? Does FIELD level have vision obstructed? Is PLAZA the way to go? I am assuming CLUB level are not available... is this true?

Any help appreciated.

My recommendation is to get seats in PLAZA, or PRESS if possible.

If you sit in the field level, try to get seats that are at a minimum row 19, otherwise you might not enjoy the game.

Good luck, hopefully we'll see you at the game.

chargers4real
05-13-2005, 05:12 PM
This is crazy! I was looking at Atlas tickets and they want more than $250 dollars per ticket to MNF against Pittsburg. I paid $71 a piece for MNF tickets to see Indianapolis and Minnesota last year. Wow. I wanted to go....not at that price though.

geekster
05-13-2005, 05:29 PM
This is crazy! I was looking at Atlas tickets and they want more than $250 dollars per ticket to MNF against Pittsburg. I paid $71 a piece for MNF tickets to see Indianapolis and Minnesota last year. Wow. I wanted to go....not at that price though.

Single-game Tickets
Single-game tickets to San Diego Chargers home games go on sale July 2005. Fans can purchase tickets at the Chargersí ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium or by visiting a TicketMaster outlet or calling TicketMaster at 619-220-TIXS (8497), or TicketMaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/806013)

SteelPastor
05-13-2005, 05:40 PM
What kind of seats are generally available? Which sections and locations?

Steel

chargers4real
05-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Single-game Tickets
Single-game tickets to San Diego Chargers home games go on sale July 2005. Fans can purchase tickets at the Chargersí ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium or by visiting a TicketMaster outlet or calling TicketMaster at 619-220-TIXS (8497), or TicketMaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/806013)

Yes, I know. But, will there be any single-game tickets left for the Monday night game? Brokers are saying the game is sold out. As a matter of fact, Ticketmaster does not list anything avl. for that game either. Do the Chargers hold a certain amount of tickets back to sell to people in July? So many questions. Thanks.

chilehed
05-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I live in Wheeling, WV, about 50 minutes from the 'Burgh. I had hotel reservations in Pacific Beach within 15 minutes of the date/time announcements for this season. I come out to San Diego to see my Chargers play once per year. Surrounded by Steeler everything, how could I not come to that game? As far as tickets go, I just keep watching the internet for single game tickets. I'll be there whether or not I have a ticket prior to departure. Last year due to work requirements, we came out to the Saints game. I just called up at leisure an bought Club seats. Awesome. We'll see this year.

sandyk
05-14-2005, 08:44 PM
What kind of seats are generally available? Which sections and locations?

Steel
Hard to say, with the season they had, it may be difficult to get tix. I've sat in several different levels & we purchased lower view seats. They are not the nose bleed but are up it that section. They are my favorite seats.

TemeculaMike
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Check out StubHub (Steelars @ Chargers) (http://www.stubhub.com/?event_id=152316)

SteelPastor
05-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I understand that the FIELD level seats can be a pain unless above row 10 or so. Are there similar problems with PLAZA seats? What about row 1 or 2 in PLAZA? Is there a big rail in the way? Do you need to up to row 5 or 6 in PLAZA as well?

I am really leaning toward PLAZA seats at this point. FIELS would be fine, however being a little higher up actually sounds as if you have a better view of the game.

Thanks again for the help. See you in October... probably in January as well!

raiderhater1
05-21-2005, 09:12 PM
i would say if your coming to see your steelers play the best seats would be view 23 around about row 24 or so :D

SDynasty
05-22-2005, 01:49 AM
It really sucks to see stub hub and places like that have field seats going for $500.00 and more per seat. That really sucks that Chargers fans get aced out from buying those seats and going to the games because other people and brokers are whoring out the tickets :mad:

SteelPastor
05-24-2005, 01:16 AM
What about PLAZA seats? Are there problems sitting in row 1 or 2?

SDynasty
05-24-2005, 09:15 AM
What about PLAZA seats? Are there problems sitting in row 1 or 2?

the rail and and pedestrian traffic can block your view. try to get above row 6