PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Fantasy League to play?

lexloma
05-02-2005, 03:18 PM
I've played NFL/CBS a couple times but never tried ESPN or any others... any suggestions about which offers the best interface? I'm pretty happy with NFL/CBS...

TD4LT
05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
do yahoo its free

Chargeroo
05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
I've played in NFL - CBS and Yahoo. Tools are better in CBS but the Yahoo league is free, to an extent. If you want to have real time scoring you pay extra (I think it was $10.00) for that. CBS sure drives you nuts with e-mail though, don't they? You can't get rid of them after the season ends.

TD4LT
05-04-2005, 12:05 AM
real time scoring who cares just look who you have and check the next day
i do it b/c i never want to pay for something like fantasy football it brings me nothing(monotary,fame,food) if i win or lose so free is fine for me plus it is alot less stressful if you did not put money into it and missed the playoffs
i still won last year with my brees-gates-tomlinson-kaeding-cmart-m.harrison-r.williams-seahawks d team

Boltjolt
05-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Yahoo is pretty cool. Yeah i had to pay the 9.95 for the live updates but its worth it. Its a cheap league to play in and easy to use.

chargerfan6977
05-04-2005, 04:11 AM
yeah yahoo is good, i have done sportingnews.com a bunch and that one is easy.

Chargeroo
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
After thinking it over, I think I like CBS best because that's the one I was in when I won the league Championship. :)

CoronaDoug
05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
I used to use Exit42 http://www.fanball.com/exit42/index.cfm back in the day(1996). It was great until they started charging. I switched to yahoo after that.:Beer:

thehotdelancey
05-10-2005, 06:52 PM
never done fantasy leagues.....*sigh* oh well...

TD4LT
05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
you should try it out for free on yahoo all you need is an acount
if you dont want to do it anymore then dont check on your team
i did that after i drafted ricky williams and stephen davis as my running backs.pennington qb then picked up d.foster....sigh..1-15 on the year im good though i won my other league

nicbolt
06-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I definitely think NFL/CBS is better. They have access to the official league stats and player info, they have all the official resources being the official fantasy league. Plus I think they have the most advanced technology, way beyond just instant scoring, and I can't imagine all the new stuff they're going to have this year but I'm sure it's going to be fantastic.

I'm definitely renewing with NFL Fantasy Football. And by the way, why the big deal over the money? It's only like $14.95. That's hardly going to break the bank, and you're getting an entire season of entertainment, so to me it's money well spent.

Nic

broncossuck7
06-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Yahoooooohooo!!!

broncossuck7
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Nic in Manhattan
#1 New York City Chargers fan

you mean number 2 NYC charger fan. I am number 1!!!

LOL:p

nicbolt
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
you mean number 2 NYC charger fan. I am number 1!!!

LOL:p

<chuckles>

well, you can't be more of a Chargers fan than I am, so maybe we're tied. :)

Nic

broncossuck7
06-19-2005, 05:52 PM
IMO i would say yahoo. Free and just as updated

Yngwie77
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd argue with you guys about the NYC thing but with wife and me working full time and a 8 month old and a 4 yr old I don't have the time to challenge you guys for the NYC crown LOL. However, I do think that being we're all in NYC we should definitely get otgether for a game at a bar or if we're really ambitious make a trip out for the same game.

Rob in Staten Island

Yngwie77
06-23-2005, 06:35 PM
I've been playing fantasy for years and play a $$ league with friends, thats my main league. Then i usually buy a 5 pack from espn just to practice drafting and for fun. ESPN interface and stuff is really good but they make you pay too much. If the prizes were better it'd be ok but for how many people sig up compared to the prizes they give out is criminal. League winner gets t -shirt WOW! But last year I tried something new and its AWESOME!!!
It's FFTOC Fantasy Football Tournament of Champions
Check it out on the website
You fill out a roster every week with any playes you choose BUT once u use a guy you cant us him anymore even in the playoffs. It's great. Lots of strategy as to using good players first to make sure you get in the playoffs or saving the good guys and hoping you make the playoffs so you can use them. Believe me its really good. Plus injuries dont really affect you because you dont draft players. Also you arent stuck with a bad team if you have a bad draft. Your always in it. Try it its awesome. i have two teams one in the cheap leaue and one in the expensive league. Prizes are good too. Divisions are made up of like 6 teams and if you win a 6 team division you basically get you $$ back and play with house money for the championship. Check the website it'll tell you all about it/

nicbolt
06-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I'd argue with you guys about the NYC thing but with wife and me working full time and a 8 month old and a 4 yr old I don't have the time to challenge you guys for the NYC crown LOL. However, I do think that being we're all in NYC we should definitely get otgether for a game at a bar or if we're really ambitious make a trip out for the same game.

Rob in Staten Island

Sounds good. This season is going to be great.

Contact me at nleobold(at)msn.com

Nic Leobold

nicbolt
06-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Btw, I think I heard that NFL.com/CBS Sportsline Fantasy Football (they use the same system) is going to be free this year.

Might as well play the best.

Nic

LTfan4life
06-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I've played NFL/CBS a couple times but never tried ESPN or any others... any suggestions about which offers the best interface? I'm pretty happy with NFL/CBS...

Doug's yahoo league :Beer:

mattmc223
06-25-2005, 08:46 PM
I am a fan of Yahoo just because its free. Then again I haven't used any other ones so I have nothing to compare it to.

Celebrity mania
04-23-2009, 09:37 AM
We have been touting our Fantasy Pros 911 magazine as a great value at $5.00 for a few weeks now. Our online publication is chock full of information to help you prepare for your 2009 season and many of you have already taken advantage of what we consider to be a top notch effort.
Even though I am on staff at FP911, I am from the Show Me State which makes me naturally skeptical of self promotion. So I went to the local Wal-Mart, like all of us from a small town do, and went to the magazine section to see what other fantasy baseball publications are all about. I read each, took notes, and graded each one.
If you are looking for me to bash or denigrate these efforts you will be sorely disappointed. There are some outstanding people writing for all of these publications (and participating in our Expert League in many cases) and I have great respect for their opinions and research.
I have reviewed four magazines: Lindy’s, The Fantasy Baseball Guide (Professional Edition), Sporting News Fantasy Baseball ’09, and Fantasy Sports. All magazines are graded on four criteria: Value, Content, Presentation, and Draft Accessibility and are assessed a score on the Ten Point Must System (not sure what that means but I have always wanted to use it).

BoltWolf
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Bumpity Bump

BuenoExcelente
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
would it be cheating if I joined?

Riverside
04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I played for the first time on NFL.com, thought it was great as you got constant player updates, advice etc, and it really helped. I finished with a 7-7 record after starting 0-6.

BoltsUK
04-24-2009, 04:13 AM
Dont know if its been mentioned but the Fox Sports one was good last year, it was free and live scoring. Did crash sometime but I think that was due to the huge number of people using it! Good alround though

Fantasy Insider
04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Well, if you like the free leagues, Yahoo and NFL.com are cool, but you get a lot of dead GM's in there. The pay leagues would be more of the KFFL types. The key is finding a league that EVERYONE takes seriously... so a friends and family league always does best.

AussieBoltFan
05-14-2009, 06:38 PM
ummmmm..... just created account on NFL.com and am keen to get into a league,, but how? my ID is ausboltsfan ... please i need some help!! hw do i get started??

Fantasy Insider
05-14-2009, 06:48 PM
ummmmm..... just created account on NFL.com and am keen to get into a league,, but how? my ID is ausboltsfan ... please i need some help!! hw do i get started??

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy

AussieBoltFan
05-15-2009, 03:37 AM
yeah, but now wat, it is exactly the same to how it was b4 i had an account, and yes i logged in :-)

Fantasy Insider
05-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Then you just search for an open league or join one that someone has set up... they make it pretty user friendly. If nothing else, read the FAQ for some help.

AussieBoltFan
05-17-2009, 05:59 AM
HHahah, oh yeah, ummmmm massive blonde moment, forgot about FAQ's !!! Hahaha

Fantasy Insider
05-17-2009, 07:58 AM
That's why we are here... to help you, my brother from another mother.

WaywardCharger
05-18-2009, 07:03 AM

Both ESPN and Yahoo are free... Though ESPN has instant scoring free...

Both allow manipulation of scoring and team design that the NFL doesn't, without buying League Manager at over $100.00 a year!

ESPN is the better total package IMHO.

WC

Fantasy Insider
05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
ESPN is nice, but you could also find other good leagues like KFFL. NFL.com offers free instant scoring, but as with all free games, the options are somewhat limited. ESPN is a nice game, but I've found the competition at ESPN to be lacking because of it's true free nature. Most TRUE fantasy gamers want some comp, not just blow through their league and win it every single year.

WaywardCharger
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Most TRUE fantasy gamers want some comp, not just blow through their league and win it every single year.

I never seem to have that problem... I just don't play on the Public League, and stick to Private Leagues with invite only... Even if I draft players from a forum like this one, they are usually more committed than not..

Worst league I ever had, was a league I made up at work with guys from around the office... Only three lasted the whole season, and three quite the first couple of weeks, when they couldn't reach the website to update their team on work hours, and couldn't get instant scoring... It was a Yahoo league.

I finished second place in that one....

WC

Fantasy Insider
05-18-2009, 03:57 PM
In my expierences with ESPN leagues, you have been the exception to the rule. All fantasy leagues have their good and bad GM's, but then that is why I started writing the fantasy sections for the pro teams... to give you the edge and give the team's webby something that it is missing.

Most leagues have say 12-14 GM's. By mid-season, 6 of them are out of it and thus have basically stopped paying attention to their teams.

WaywardCharger
05-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I agree, but I have found that to be the case in even private leagues...

People give up when they feel they have no chance to win...

Just like the Detroit Lions did last year! :p

What I would do for a competetive Fantasy Football League...

My main problem is that I cannot commit to a Live Draft league, due to job requirements (On Call).. So, I have to play auto pick...

WC

Fantasy Insider
05-19-2009, 09:01 AM
I hate autopicks... guys slip and then I snatch them up in the live drafts. I do about 24 leagues every season and about half are live drafts and the other half are autopicks.